Vol. 1 Chapter 092: Inaugural Meeting
137 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the parliamentary elections were over, Ferdinand announced his plan to reopen the National Assembly on November 8, 1892, to form a new legitimate government.

Although it was just a formality, Ferdinand still took it very seriously and was the first to announce the news.

At the end of the 19th century, humanity began to progress towards a society based on the rule of law. There was a growing concern about legality. As a person who has a stake in the law, Ferdinand certainly did not want to undermine the dignity of the law.

Since Ferdinand succeeded to the throne, while he made small changes to Bulgarian law, the constitution was never directly violated. They all found ways to exploit the loopholes or find ways to get around.

Anyway, Bulgaria's legal system is not perfect. Many points are vague and discreet. Even the judges of the time, there are no final conclusions.

It was natural that Ferdinand's small gesture did not attract much interest. Now that a new National Assembly was born, it is a great time legalizing many of the previous rules.

In the absence of the National Assembly, Bulgaria is not much change. People still do what they should do. It is the benefit of a conservative country. People are not sensible to politics.

Ferdinand has been discredited internationally, with epithets such as 'horrible tyrant' and 'evil dictator' being slammed over by so-called pro-democracy figures at random.

Well, the fact is that there was no European monarch who they did not scold. Everyone was the same. Only Ferdinand was scolded more recently.

However, their mouths rise above the others, and Ferdinand can not control them. It is better to let them go, anyway, besides some voices, they will not do anything else.

In order to ensure the stability of the country's mindset, after Ferdinand's succession, the Bulgarian students were no longer going to France. They were going to England, Germany, Austria, Russia, and other countries instead, even Belgium and Sweden.

For the French liberal ideas, Ferdinand is always respectful. Yes, there is a positive side for the cause of national liberation and national independence, but that stuff is really cancer to the empire.

From the rise of liberalism, the good French Empire began to spend time playing in their own political struggle, the country's power is gradually declining. The world's top industrial power actually slowly tossed into one of the usury worlds. Ferdinand was drunk thinking about it.

After putting away his troubled thoughts, Ferdinand still summoned the next cabinet, which had already been decided in the chamber, before the meeting began.

...

"How are all the preparations you have made, Konstantin? Don't drop it at a critical moment! Bulgaria has a history of rejecting candidates, right?" Ferdinand said with a teasing smile.

Konstantin replied with an awkward smile, "Please rest assured, Your Highness. We are all ready to go. The successes achieved by the interim cabinet in the past few years are all here. With these as a backbone, there shouldn't be any jokes!"

Ferdinand smiled faintly and nodded in agreement. However, the number of members of the National Assembly in this term is the lowest in history. The actual political results are the best weapon to conquer them. Even if Ferdinand did not have a secret operation, the results of this election could now be set.

Then he said, "Then you should go over and meet the legislators first, I'll be right behind you!"

As soon as Ferdinand's words left his mouth, several of them replied in unison, "Yes!" They then bid farewell to Ferdinand and left, boldly heading for the National Assembly hall.

The halls of the National Assembly are now bustling with people. The members of parliament are gathering in small groups, eagerly making their way through the debate together. There are also a few isolated glowingly, standing alone on the side that can be plainly divided.

Bulgaria is a small country with a sparse population. Many members of parliament know each other and have good relations. There are minimal conflicts between regions.

However, the direct conflict between party legislators and non-party legislators is historic. Before Ferdinand came to power, they almost deprived non-party legislators of political speeches.

In relatively conservative Bulgaria, non-party legislators see political parties as instruments of power for personal gain. Party legislators see them as having no big picture and old-fashioned thinking.

In the past, the political parties in Bulgaria took advantage and could integrate some non-partisan people. Now the tide is turning. Non-partisan legislators take the dominant position. They can not recruit those who can get a little ostracism to show their anger or not.

Mr. Karl, who has just been elected, is now awkward. The few party legislators have little common language due to the previous fights. In turn, the non-party legislators are not fond of him. He no longer has any hopes for the earlier schemes.

The story also begins with the parliamentary elections. After the defeat of the New Liberals in the general election, Karsten's hatred for Ferdinand rose to the point of no return. He then sought out the original backers of the New Liberals behind the scenes - Britain and Austria-Hungary.

Obviously, for Ferdinand's pro-Russian policy, the British and Austria-Hungary have been unhappy for a long time. Previously, it was to make Russia shift for a while and tolerated. Ferdinand was again strictly defensive and did not give them the chance to strike.

Now the chance has come, naturally happy to give Ferdinand a lesson. Maybe it can also change the political landscape of Bulgaria.

With this in mind, the two sides naturally joined forces. The British and Austria-Hungary stepped in to create this coalition of Bulgarian political parties in order to bring together a group of unhappy members of parliament against Ferdinand to take on the National Assembly.

In order to keep the secret, this time, except for those involved, no one else knows, so they can't do the matter of pulling in the legislators in advance.

But now, the non-partisan legislators are simply not willing to contact them. There is no way to talk about pulling together. The major political parties in Bulgaria are united. The number of legislators in the National Assembly is only just enough to make up the number of proposals, as the results are not good.

As soon as Konstantin and the others entered the room, they became the center of attention. They climbed into talks with welcoming parliamentarians from all over until the opening of the National Assembly.

There are no tricks. Everything goes according to the usual practice. Well, the parliament speaker of Bulgaria is vacant. In the past, it was nominated by the party that won the general election, but of course, not this time, so let's leave it vacant for now! Anyway, it does not affect the next meeting, so let the government officials take over his job first.

After the ceremony was completed, Ferdinand came out and directly declared the National Assembly open.

Konstantin made the first report on the work of the interim cabinet. He summarized the progress made by Bulgaria in the economic, cultural, political, and military fields in the previous years.

Before that, although there were related reports in the newspapers, it was never so put together as a series of political results added together.

It soon gained a high degree of approval from all the legislators. Even the most demanding people had to admit that the interim cabinet was doing a good job. The counseling of state affairs that followed went smoothly.

2