Vol. 1 Chapter 095: Visit to St. Petersburg
145 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The earth spins as usual without anyone, and the sun rises as usual without anyone!" -- Demon King Quotes

With the birth of a new cabinet government, Bulgaria is back for another year riding on the highway.

The defeated political party leaders of the election, such as Karsten and Karl, could not bear the pressure from all sides have chosen to leave the country. Ferdinand laughed it off when he received the news as a few loss of life was not worth his attention.

After dealing with domestic matters, Ferdinand's trouble came to the door. 'Matchmaking' is a fierce topic, especially for ~ ~ ~ ( I really can not stand, a single man writing this is just asking for trouble! I can imagine the shadow area of the author's heart now!)

Before he traversed, Ferdinand did not have to go on fewer blind dates with houses, cars, tickets... this is a serious problem. Better than ordinary people, Ferdinand was an orphan in his previous life and was asked to marry by his mother-in-law to fulfill his parents' request, who were both dead.

Before traversing, Ferdinand is a single man because of the lack of parents and relies on his own efforts. Naturally, the house and car do not exist, barely enough for the ticket, it is certainly not meet the requirements!

In his previous life, Ferdinand suffered from 'datingphobia'. After traversing, it is much better. It raised the original one with golden keys, house, car, etc. Ferdinand now can not figure out how much. Anyway, there are a lot, of course, no one mentioned to him again.

The 'love' thing is also more distant from him. The first thing to consider now is 'status', followed by 'politics'. Ferdinand has now given up. Sooner or later, it is bound to be a marriage, simply to sell himself for a good price.

Anyway, it is an open secret that European aristocrats keep lovers. They keep ten or eight for themselves as a kind of satisfaction. It is enough that marriage can be done with respect to each other and passed on to the next generation.

Well, Ferdinand admitted that he was tricking himself. A marriage without feelings, if the other party is beautiful, then it's not impossible to consider; if it's ~ ~ ~ (forget it to this point, before you write about me ~ ~)

On December 5, 1892, at the urging of his mother, Princess Clémentine, Ferdinand finally set out for St. Petersburg with his large entourage.

He was invited to Russia for a state visit, and believe it or not, he does. It's a simple state visit and doesn't have a dime to do with matchmaking.

It must be a mistake on the part of Tsarist Russia as to why they gave the invitation to the ball. It is not unusual for the Tsarist bureaucrats, the well-known ones, to make a little mistake.

With a feeling of anxiety, Ferdinand entered St. Petersburg. Russia is really fucking cold in winter. The snow-covered the city. In a curious mood, Ferdinand just stuck his head out of the carriage, and the cold air rolled over him, and the wind was biting. However, Ferdinand felt that his cheeks were no longer his own in a flash and hastily retracted his head.

At this moment, Ferdinand had to admire the resilience of the Russians. St. Petersburg has only winter and summer, four months of summer, and eight months of winter. After living in such a harsh climate for a long time, Tsarist Russia actually did not move the capital.

One should know that in the vast territory of Russia, there are countless places with a better climate than St. Petersburg, and they have almost every kind of climate. However, in order to strengthen the control over the country and maintain political influence on Europe, no one from the aristocracy to the common people paid attention to moving the capital.

The harsh environment has made Russians resilient, and it is not just a fighter nation. No matter how the world has changed in the last hundred years, Russia has always stood firm.

When they entered St. Petersburg, Ferdinand and the others were given a grand welcome. The Imperial Crown Prince Nikolai and his wife were personally in charge of the hosting.

After looking at the reception details, Ferdinand knew that the rules of the aristocracy did it. Ferdinand, this time over, is not only on behalf of the Bulgarian royal family. He also comes on behalf of the face of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family. It is clear that the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family deserves the respect of the Nikolai family, both of which are the most powerful families in Europe at the moment. If it is really according to the principle of equal diplomatic relations, those who came out to receive is a Grand Duke.

The European aristocracy is linked tightly to each other. The messy kinship tie is unable to be traced. In order to keep the right bloodline honorable, the ability to marry each other to only a few families is inevitable.

The weather in St. Petersburg was terrible, with a low temperature of -20 to -30 degrees Celsius. Ferdinand and Princess Clémentine were not cold-resistant beings and stayed inside, except for the necessary visits.

"Ferdinand, when will this damned weather in St. Petersburg ever end!" Princess Clémentine said with sorrow.

Ferdinand rolled his eyes. He didn't know how many times he had heard his mother complaint in front of him in the past few days and said feebly: "It's about half a year away! You know that the winter in St. Petersburg has eight months, how long has it been? Who cares? We can't wait until summer to leave anyway!"

"Oh, God, give me a break! This damned damn weather! We shouldn't have come now, Ferdinand. I would have chosen to come in the summer if I had known it was so cold! No, I should have let you come by yourself, you're an adult and can be left on your own!" Princess Clémentine continued to complain.

Ferdinand looked at the depressed Princess Clémentine, secretly spat: 'I do not know who said earlier that they like snow. To spend Christmas in the country of snow and ice, but also hurriedly urged to embark. Now well the street is full of snow, that is, will freeze people into popsicles!'

Of course, Ferdinand will always be a good son. At least his mouth is never done stiffly on his mother. He said comfortingly, "Don't worry, dear mother! I'm already looking for ways to reduce the travel time in St. Petersburg as much as possible. We will try to leave this hellhole as soon as possible!"

"This kind of nonsense, you say it every day! Let's believe you once and tell you this - Ferdinand, if you dare to lie to me, you have to consider the effects yourself!" Princess Clémentine threatened fiercely.

Ferdinand could only smile awkwardly. God knows when this ball is. A week after arriving in St. Petersburg, Ferdinand did not miss the various balls but the "matchmaking ball". It is Aleksandr III who gave his daughter in marriage. It was up to others to decide when to start. Ferdinand at least knew the rules, so he waited honestly!

At the Gatchina Palace, Aleksandr III was discussing with Empress Mariya Fyodorovna. They approved Ferdinand, both in terms of his background and personal skills, but to become his son-in-law, then it was natural to have a different set of criteria.

3