Vol. 1 Chapter 104: Human ‘Trade’
147 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is there better assimilation than what they have in the world? They share the common language, culture, and customs and have no national sense, so they can directly tell them that all the ancestors are one family, which they believe! The big deal is to distort the historical data and fabricate a batch of evidence. However, in his previous life, Ferdinand saw a lot of fraud expert professors. It was not a minor problem!

Is there any fear of low education quality?

Never mind! We can militarize and turn them in, so they know the rules!!!

What are you afraid of if you can't read or write?

It's okay! I can open a literacy class and learn slowly!

...

Looking for mining workers now, the first thing that came to Karl's mind was Count Pavel. How could 20,000 miners be put together in Bulgaria anyway!

In these days, if you stay at home for a long time, you will have to get some help from the police, and they will be very eager to provide you with a job. You don't have to worry about not working. You can build bridges and roads or go to construction sites. These places are short of people!

It does not matter if you can't do it, you can also bring your family to mobilize your family and continue to do ideological work, and your passion for the work is great!

It is also the creation of Ferdinand. It does not cost much anyway. As long as the food is provided, there is a task force for ideological education!

Karl and Count Pavel are also old friends and have a good relationship with each other, so they get straight to the point: "Pavel, I came here today to ask for your help!"

Karl is now serving as Ferdinand's chamberlain, a very special position in Bulgaria. When he heard that this man needed help, Count Pavel said in doubt, "Oh, what is it, you, my lord chamberlain, that needs my help?"

"A favor that really only you can do!!! I need 20,000 miners now, and they better be in place before Christmas!!!" Karl said with a smile.

Count Pavel's mood was better when he heard this, another big business at the door. However, he was still a bit surprised and asked, "Why do you want 20,000 miners again? Didn't you ask for 40,000 miners last year? Is His Highness doing something big again?"

"You were right, it's just a few small gold mines! How about that, any questions?" Karl said confidently.

Count Pavel's eyes lit up when he heard about the gold mine, and then it dimmed down. If it were someone else's, by virtue of his own position, that man would not be able to get a piece of the pie, but it is better to leave Ferdinand's estate alone. He has not lived long enough!

"Don't worry. I'll contact the other side right away. I will do it as soon as possible. It will not hold up the business of His Highness!!!" Count Pavel said grandly.

He does have the strength. The Russian Empire now wants to do this kind of business, and people are still quite a lot, for the sake of profit, that gang of aristocrats does not have the courage not to do much!!!

Many of the peasants hired under the nobility are no longer assets but rather obstacles to their mechanization! They can also make a profit by taking this opportunity to get rid of them or cheat and bankrupt ordinary civilians with no skills at all!!!

Anyway, these are known to everyone. Aleksandr III is likely to be eager to increase the number of immigrants to strengthen the influence of Bulgaria and reduce the conflicts in the country. Count Pavel, in this aspect, lead a bridge without pressure!

In St. Petersburg, after receiving the telegram from Count Pavel, Count Volensky was busy preparing the 'goods'.

As a fallen aristocrat, he could not get such a good thing, but Count Volensky's mother was a cousin of Count Pavel, so he took a share of it by getting involved.

Since the 19th century, after they completed the first industrial revolution, capitalists have emerged strongly, mainly investing in industry or financial profits, which far surpass those made by agriculture.

The aristocrats who have not yet switched sides are having a hard time, and the income from agriculture is no longer enough to meet their rising expenses!

There is no doubt that the family of Count Volensky is one of them, which already lags behind the already transformed aristocrats in terms of financial resources. Despite his great efforts in St. Petersburg, Count Volensky has missed the best opportunity to enter.

The oligopoly has formed and is not something that a small or medium-sized aristocrat like him can shake. Count Volensky is taking great pains to maintain a decent aristocratic life.

And now that the chance came, the clever Count Volensky, who quickly thought of a way, did not go to force the pariahs of his fiefdom to leave, which would have been inefficient and prone to a disaster!

First, under the cover as a factory went to recruit workers, they were brought to the port, tricked and sent to the ship, took the money, and left. The rest is the job of the Bulgarian Immigration Service, and he has nothing to do with it.

Count Volensky has recruited workers who are found from remote areas, without much literacy and are young and strong. It was totally quality labor, very popular with employers.

This time was no different, Count Volensky chose to target the Ukrainian region of Sumy, which at the end of the 19th century was still a backward countryside with simple people, and this year's poor grain harvest was just right for him.

When he arrived at the city of Sumy, Count Volensky said to his servant, "Viki, go and find some local 'snakes', I want to see them for your Lordship!"

At his words, his servant Viki at once knew what Count Volensky meant, "Yes, Your Lordship I'll get right on it!"

Having said that, Viki left in a hurry, knowing that Count Volensky was not a patient man, especially when it came to money!

The cat has its way. The mouse has its way!

To find the 'snake' in the ground, Viki is very good at it. If you are going to Russia, the tavern is a good choice!

...

In less than two hours, Viki brought the three 'snakes' to Count Volensky!

Count Volensky cast a mischievous glance at the three, didn't make any courtesy, and asked in a certain tone, "You are all the local snakes here, right?"

Having seen Count Volensky's rank, all three knew that this was an aristocrat lord. The Russian Empire has a strict hierarchy, and people in any capacity have certain kinds of rank!

The three men replied appropriately, "Yes, Your Lordship!"

Count Volensky nodded, then said lightly: "Very well, my factory now needs a large number of workers, and this task is handed over to you.

You must keep in mind that it must be a strong young man or woman! The pay is for food and housing, and 5 rubles per month! The more, the merrier!

I'll give you 20 rubles for every hundred people you recruit and another hundred rubles for every person over a thousand! Any questions?"

"No!" The three men answered in unison.

Count Volensky waved his hand, signaling that the three could leave as if one more word with them was too damaging to his status!

The three of them did not mind. They bowed properly and left happily! It's normal for aristocrats to be arrogant. It's only a problem if they politely talk to them!

1