Vol. 1 Chapter 114: Rebellion in Serbia
146 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only with hindsight that Ferdinand suddenly realized that the rapid-fire gun of this period was not the later famous 'Mademoiselle Soixante-Quinze 75mm field gun'.

This version of 'Mademoiselle Soixante-Quinze' 75mm field gun, with its recoil mechanism, had a much higher rate of fire, reaching 15 rounds/minute, and was considered the beginning of rapid-fire artillery!

When he saw the movie 'Drawing Sword' in his previous life, Li Yunlong attacked Ping'an County. Ferdinand still wondered what the hell is the 'Artillery of Italy'? He also specifically looked up the information on the Internet, only to learn that it is the 'Mademoiselle Soixante-Quinze' into the East after the alias, or rather its imitation!

What more needs to be said? It was the main artillery equipment of the French Army in WWI and was still in use in WWII. It goes without saying that this artillery's performance was superb at that time!

Of course, it was built immediately with funding. Then the arsenal began to work on the 'Mademoiselle Soixante-Quinze', Ferdinand also tried to go to Europe ~ each major artillery production plant to poach people, which made a breakthrough!

After receiving the good news from the arsenal, Ferdinand immediately ordered the arsenal to go into full production and try to produce 500 'Bulgarian Type 75 Artillery' within two years!

Well, Ferdinand has once again grabbed the note, and if he didn't have to keep it a secret in order to keep the firepower advantage in the next war, he'd want to sell the technology to bring back a profit!

The technical details of artillery are much higher than rifles. Without design drawings, at that time, it takes no more than three to five years to copy and produce results!

...

"What?? Five hundred units of 'Bulgarian Type 75 Artillery' produced in two years?" Stoyan Mikhailovsky, the factory manager, said in surprise.

"What? Is there a problem??" Chief of Staff Petrov asked dubiously.

Stoyan shook his head and said in a slightly excited and slightly warned tone, "No, it seems a bit much! Mr. Chief of Staff, you should know that the cost of the Bulgarian Type 75 Artillery is not low! Would it be too much to produce 500 guns at once?

You know the capacity of our arsenal now. We can only complete 12 guns per month. To complete five hundred in two years, we must expand the production line again!"

Chief of Staff Petrov nodded, showing his approval, and then added: "By the way, Mr. Stoyan, the previous tasks of producing field guns are all terminated from now on, and we will concentrate on producing 'Bulgarian Type 75 Artillery' with all our strength!"

"Mr. Chief of Staff, I admit that the Type 75 artillery is indeed a revolutionary weapon, but although the other artillery is a bit slower, it is not without merit, right? Wouldn't it be a waste to just give up all of them?" Stoyan asked in wonder.

"Of course, you heard it right! The future will definitely be the era of rapid-fire guns, and those guns still seem to be usable now, but they are destined to be obsolete in the future!!! If only as a supplement, we have enough artillery in service!" Petrov explained.

"Yeah, okay Mr. Chief of Staff, got it, in that case we can increase our production by another five units per month, in that case two more artillery lines will be enough!" Stoyan said after thinking about it.

"Oh, you are the professional in this area. We all listen to you. Please make a budget as soon as possible to report! Also, consider ammunition production, which must meet the basic consumption of these 500 guns!!!" Petrov added.

"Okay, I'll take care of it, you'll see the budget in three days!!!" Stoyan said with a shrug.

...

The sun in April, so warm that it is intoxicating, a man lay quietly in the sun on the green lawn, with his head hung down, free to enjoy the dynamism in the sun and enjoy a moment of leisure.

Next to it, there was a pair of coffee tables with a set of ceramic tea sets, with fragrant tea of Longjing1Longjing tea, sometimes called by its literal translated name Dragon Well tea, is a variety of pan-roasted green tea from the area of Longjing Village in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China. It is produced mainly by hand and is renowned for its high quality, earning the China Famous Tea title. brewing. Nearby there is also a beautiful young woman, holding a cup of mellow, fragrant tea, sitting quietly on the grass, surveying the sky, and from time to time, she takes a small sip, reminiscing.

The scene looks so harmonious. It is exactly what Ferdinand and his wife do after marriage, respect each other, plain and cozy married life!!!

Leisure time is always short, especially for a monarch with power in his hands. Things can come to him at any moment!!!

A lady-in-waiting ran over and whispered, "Your Highness, Mr. Hoover is here, it's urgent!"

"Well, tell him to wait in the lounge for a while! I'll be right over!" Ferdinand said helplessly.

With a glance at his wife, Ferdinand smiled bitterly. He couldn't help but miss his date again!

"Go ahead and do your work, I'm used to it!" Xenia said with a smile.

Think about it, being in an imperial family, affection is supposed to be a luxury! As the ruler of the Russian Empire, how could Aleksandr III have less work to do?

Ferdinand nodded and turned to leave! Between power and family, he did not hesitate to choose power. No way. Who called him the Knyaz of Bulgaria?

The Balkans are known as the powder keg of Europe, and if you want to get a foothold here, you must always be on the alert, as war can happen at any time!

In this respect, Ferdinand is more deeply touched by the fact that history tells him to work hard!!! The shadow of the World War always pushed him to lead Bulgaria forward!

Looking at the sweating Hoover, which was still spring, Ferdinand asked suspiciously, "Hoover, in such a hurry, what has happened?"

Hoover said in a panic: "Your Highness, something has happened to our men in Serbia!"

After a long life as monarch, Ferdinand has developed the skill of not changing his face when the pressure of the mountain is on him, and he said, "Oh! Slowly, what happened?"

After calming down as much as possible, Hoover said, "Your Highness, you know that earlier our secret agents in Serbia, soon after the infiltration, a rebellion broke out in Serbia!"

After Ferdinand nodded, he said, "I know this! I also ordered you to add as much chaos to Serbia as possible, and didn't it always go well before? Could it be that our infiltrators have been exposed and caught by Serbia!"

Hoover explained, "No, but it's close enough! You know our people got caught up in the rebellion and got some position in the rebels, and then we got in touch with the rebels and gave them some support!

According to sources on the inside, the last weapons supplied to the rebels were intercepted by government forces. Now the Serbian government has probably discovered our presence and even has evidence of our involvement!"

Ferdinand's heart was shocked but pretended to be calm and said, "Don't worry, haven't we been prepared to be discovered before? Anyway, with our relationship with Serbia, we don't care about this one time!"

2