Vol. 1 Chapter 116: Done
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In fact, from the end of the 19th century to the 20th century, Serbia has always been a tough position!

In 1885, King Milan ordered an invasion of Bulgaria, but to no one's surprise, the defeat was complete and crushing!!!

One should note that the Bulgarian army was a disorganized group of militia without decent training, and Russia recalled its officers. The Bulgarian army could not even raise officers, and even so, they defeated Serbia!

With the strong intervention of the boss, Austria-Hungary, Serbia ended the war without much cost!

However, it is easy to invite God and harder to leave God. Henceforth one can no longer separate Serbia from the influence of Austria-Hungary!

It supposed only that was the case after the failure of the war to protect the Serbians under the face of the Bulgarian gaze. In that case, Serbia can only seek asylum from Austria-Hungary!

However, the Serbs have never been a quiet subject, and their gratitude to Austria-Hungary for shielding them didn't last a few days before they were thrown out! They want to build a Greater Serbia due to the Russian neglect, and Austria-Hungary becomes the biggest roadblock!

It is terrible because the boss who sheltered himself is his worst enemy, and the hot-headed Serbian thinks he has to jump ship and come back to fuck it up!

That's why the Serbian government decidedly approached the Russians after the Austro-Hungarian Bank defaulted! Do you know many people in Europe can provide loans? Small countries like Belgium, Switzerland, and the Netherlands can provide financial loans just as well and still not cause discontent with Austria-Hungary!

Ferdinand can only say that the Serbian talent for committing suicide is too strong! How good was Austria-Hungary? In later years, Austria-Hungary is a foreign power with weakness; but in the late 19th century Austria-Hungary is by no means the Austro-Hungarian Empire in Great War. The five great powers are still true to their names, and internal conflicts have not yet intensified!

Chief of Staff Petrov said happily, "So, Austria-Hungary wishes Serbia bad luck, too! Can't we ~~"

Minister of Industry Vladimir Ivanov shook his head and said, "No! Austria-Hungary is hoping to see Serbia unlucky. With the previous rebellion, they refused to help and watched the joke from the sidelines, but do not assume that Austria-Hungary is willing to see us get bigger!

They intervened in 1886, not to mention that now that the 'Russian-Bulgarian Alliance' has been formed, they're even less likely to watch us annex Serbia!"

When the words of Vladimir came to the ground, everyone fell into deep thought. Then the Minister of Finance Kennedi suddenly spoke up and said, "Is it possible to divide Serbia with Austria-Hungary? We should take a little loss and take less!"

The people rolled their eyes. Are you kidding! Instead of eating the meat, you'll be in trouble! Leaving aside the reactions of other Great Powers, how do share the spoils? Take more Austria-Hungary will not agree. Taking less and Austria-Hungary as neighbors is not a good thing!

Now Bulgaria is doing well, not without borders with the Great Powers, with weak neighbors, and defense pressure is not great! Once the border with Austria-Hungary, the good times will be gone!

Please think of the terrible Great War, which he would be forced to get involved in as soon as the war started. Ferdinand decisively threw the proposal out of the window. Of course, if the benefits are large enough, he would mind taking a chance, but Serbia is not worth the price in this era!

At this point, Konstantin spoke up and said: "It is not realistic to divide Serbia, we are still too weak, and it is too dangerous to be neighbors with Austria-Hungary!

The Austro-Hungarian government is definitely unhappy with Serbia, and the most important thing now is to find out to what extent? Is it possible for us to get anything out of it?

If Austria-Hungary needs it, we can totally cooperate with them and teach Serbia a lesson, just collect a little labor fee from it!"

After listening to Konstantin's serious words, Ferdinand finally understood the worst of politicians; many things are not so simple as seen on the surface. It is possible to make a deal entirely behind the scenes!

If the Austro-Hungarian government is really upset with Serbia, Bulgaria is willing to cooperate with the Austro-Hungarian Empire to put on a show and teach them a lesson. Ferdinand estimated that the old emperor would agree in nine out of ten cases!

Anyway, the unlucky is Serbia. Even if Bulgaria can reap the benefits, the biggest gains are still for Austria-Hungary!

...

At the end of the meeting, Ferdinand felt terrible and, in the end, came back to the original point - the attitude of the Great Powers! This kind of out-of-control situation is what each power in control resents!

Even with the greatest reluctance, Ferdinand sent a telegram to Franz Josef I in his private capacity to test the Austro-Hungarian attitude toward Serbia!

Inside the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, the old Emperor was lost in thought when he received Ferdinand's telegram!

Serbia's little antics are clear to him, and it often seems to him that these farces are baffling!

It is important to know that the current situation is that one cannot separate Serbia from Austria-Hungary; otherwise, Bulgaria alone is not something they can cope with, and Ferdinand's telegram is the best evidence of this!

And Austria-Hungary is still Austria-Hungary away from Serbia. The impact is minimal!

Since this is the case, it is acceptable to follow well behind the boss as a minion. The result? The Serbs seem to be afraid of being forgotten. Every now and then, out to brush up on their presence!

The Russians were the only ones who did it in secret, but they did it so obvious that they were afraid of not being discovered!

Franz Josef despises the Serbian government. Even if he wants the boss to pay attention, you can't hook up with the enemy! Do you not know whether or not the fastest death is never the first?

Originally, he was very optimistic about Aleksandar's ability to take over the government at a young age but never expected to see it wrong; it was a skewed talent with all the ability points added to the political battle!

Whether to agree to Ferdinand's proposal, Franz Josef could not decide for a moment, although he was eager to teach Serbia a lesson!

"I want someone to inform the cabinet to meet in the afternoon!"

...

The result is not surprising. The Austro-Hungarian government has run out of patience with Serbia, especially with the slogan 'Greater Serbia'. Do not you know that this is slashing your boss's flesh?

'One can eat rice carelessly, but words can not be said carelessly!'1A Chinese idiom means that we will hurt our bodies most if we eat carelessly. In contrast, if we speak carelessly, we may hurt others, the society, or even the country, causing unnecessary trouble and great harm, which is how 'trouble comes out of the mouth'.

Being a boss to discipline the minions, they must be taught a lesson, but it can not all rely on brute force. That is the next best thing!

Bulgaria is willing to work on behalf of, that is the best, there is a man who wants things, so the two sides hit it off!

Since Austria-Hungary agreed, Ferdinand did not hesitate to order preparations for war! To fight against Serbia, Bulgaria doesn't need to do its best. At least the Type 75 artillery will not have the opportunity to show their faces this time!

1