1- reincarnation
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Tony, Tony... Wake up!" A young man was lying on a mattress comfortably.

Displeasure appeared on his face as he was being disturbed in the middle of his sleep. He was even more furious as he had been awakened from a fantastic dream.

'Tony' opened his eyes and looked up only to be greeted by a disgusting face.

The man in front of him was not that ugly. It was a tall black man, with skin that seemed to have been scorched by the sun. He had an unkempt beard and yellowish teeth testimony of a lack of hygiene was not pleasant to the eyes.

Anyways, even if it was a beautiful and kind woman with tender skin that had woken him, he would have still found her face quite disgusting.

Tony let a heavy sigh as he looked at his surrounding.

It was not the bedroom that he was familiar with. It was not even a bedroom. It was just a room that was used as a warehouse.

Many goods of all kinds and sizes could be seen disposed of seemingly haphazardly everywhere. Some people could be seen sleeping in the middle of these goods. They were mostly men with ages ranging from 17 to 50.

Some of them were barechested. It was not because they wanted to showcase, their muscled bodied, but just because it was really hot inside.

Tony was not familiar with these living conditions, so he could only sleep most of the time.

Some days ago, he had just graduated from college and was going to party with his friends.

But then something happened, there was a traffic accident. The last thing that Tony remembered from that place was seeing a véhicule speeding toward him.

When he woke up. He was in another world, in the body of a young man called Tony that had died after drowning. The people around thought that Tony had just brushed death while in fact, he had long disappeared only to be replaced by someone else.

Tony had often read novels about people reincarnating into another's world. Sadly, his case was somewhat strange.

He did not reincarnate in America or Europa like in many stories. He was an African in his past life and even in this life, he remained an African...

He still remembered how people looked at him as he asked questions during the last few days while trying to be as subtle as possible.

He did not reincarnate in a medieval world, nor the past or the future era. He was just in another part of Africa, in what seemed like a parallel universe similar to Earth on most points.

" Zock, why are you disturbing me during my sleep" Tony frowned as he recognized the person above him.

Tony had always attached great importance to his sleeping habit and when he was in college his colors will experience his wrath if they were to disturb him.

Zock did not seem intimidated at all. It was pretty normal considering that Tony's body was just that of a seventeen years old boy.

In answer, the man nudged Tony's body with his right foot, almost stepping on him.

It was a painful sensation and Tony could only endure it while gritting his teeth.

" if you do not stand up now, I am going to throw you inside the river" Zock warned while maintaining eye contact with the younger boy.

Tony could only gulp down and follow the man's order. Be it in this life or the other he had never learned how to swim.

" Follow me, we are going to meet the captain" the man spat before Leading the way.

" If I could only reincarnate as Tony stark instead of another random Tony" Tony sulked.

During the last few days, Tony had wondered if this world where he found himself was similar to the world of those of his favorite movies, Marvel, DC, or anything else.

He had even hoped that he will awaken some supernatural abilities like in some stories. But until now there was nothing.

The only information that he gathered until now was that he was in a country in West Africa on a 'ship' that cruised on the Congo river. It was also the year 2012.

There was also the fact that the American president was called Jason something.

In Tony old wolf there was no president with the name Jason, during the years 22000s

Tony could only accept the fact that reincarnation was a cold and senseless b*tch and that apart from the gift of another life, he had not received anything.

The two people, finally exited the cabin, one grumpy while the other behind was sulking.

They were greeted by a dark sky where the moon was shining letting some ray of light slip in between the clouds.

As far as the eyes could see only three colors dominated the landscape. The green of the Flora with tall trees that from their point of view looked like tiny dots; the aquamarine of the river that seemed murky in some place; and the black of the shadows that prevailed at this hour of the day.

" what hour it is?" Tony wondered.

3 am, 4 am, Tony was not sure and looking at the man in front of him, he knew that he could not get an answer from that person.

The ship was quite crowded. There were many people dispersed everywhere, with the goods that belong to them close by.

Some were joined into groups, they were mostly people of the same family in these cases.

While some were resting on mattresses as Tony had been earlier, there were always people looking vigilantly at all these goods in fear that they will get stolen.

Tony did not know what was inside these big bags, among Wich, there were some heavier than an adult man.

But Tony estimated that These things should be precious to those people as by taking these ships they were risking their lives.

Calling this nature a ship was unexact.

For Tony who had lived a somewhat comfortable life until now, this was just a death nature, made by assembling many ships.

More than a dozen smaller hips were welded together and connected with wires, forming a mismatched platform that will sail across the Congo river.

From what Tony had heard during the last few days, during the years many people had died in these kinds of expeditions.

But in this country with lands that were connected and separated by water at the same time, there were bridges that people used to meet their families or go to the places where they worked.

They could only rely on this mode of transportation. And being exposed to dangers all the years around had made their mind numb to it.

it was not the case for Tony. While he obtained the body of his predecessor, he had not obtained the memories that came to it, its memories, or its moral values.

The two people suddenly arrived before an opened space and seeing a long line that extended on the ground Tony stopped.

" What are you waiting for? Hurry up!" Zock turned to look at Tony and voiced his exasperation.

Tony flinched a little. In front of him, was one of these lines that connected a metallic structure to another.

Tony still remembered that a few days ago a man had lost his legs here.

Sometimes When the navire moved abruptly, the wire that connected the part will break under the tension and flail around like a deathly weapon, cutting everything on their paths, be it bone or metal.

Tony had seen the last victim a few days ago, a middle-aged man who will never be able to walk ever again.

The eyes of the man were devoid of any emotion as he seemed to abandon himself into despair after losing all prospect of life.

Tony shook his head, chasing all the random thoughts away.

He had been acting out of character since he woke up in this world. He was completely different from the past Tony, obedient and polite.

And after trying during the first days he had completely dropped the act putting everything on his close-to-death experience.

But it did not mean that he could completely anger those people around him. 

Tony convinced himself that why going through this line was dangerous, the probability that something wrong will happen while he was traversing was quite low. It was difficult considering that he had died in a car accident. But as a reincarnation he could be considered lucky, is not it?

Tony finally crossed the line and let a sigh of relief when nothing happened. The other crew late sock only grunted.

They continued to walk and arrived at what could be considered the main area, the center of operation of there, the captain's cabin.

Perhaps in the past, the cabin had shown a most glorious appearance but at this moment, with its mismatched appearance and its fading color, it looked quite comedic.

The name of the navire could be seen written on it: The Ipupa.

Tony snickered. Along the things that he had obtained from this body was the language of this country, the Lingala.

In Lingala, the name Ipupa means dancing, like dancing on the water.

Announcement
I released the 468 first words of this story early today. It was not a mistake. I did it on purpose. Sadly it is not the first April

0