Chapter – 7 The Mysterious Crew of East Blue
275 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Training Hall – Wicked Wench

Shaa! Shaa! Shaa!

One after another, the sound of Sword slashes resounded in the training hall as Kuina relentlessly attacked Ban.

Ban parried all of Kuina’s attacks with minimal effort and said, “Come at me with the determination to kill.”

Kuina took a deep breath as she glared at Ban, then rushed at him at her top speed, as she dashed at him, she leaped high into the sky and attacked him using her strongest attack, ‘Isshin Style: Five Cuts!’

Haaaa! Haaaa! Haaaa! Haaaa! Haaaa!

‘Five rapid slashes, huh?’ Ban thought with an unperturbed expression, for her best attack, didn’t even bother to take it seriously, he stood on his spot and easily dodged four simultaneous slashes, then for the fifth slash, he stopped it using just two fingers all while yawning due to lack of sleep last night.

But the same can not be said for Kuina, she had used every ounce of her strength in this attack, and after this attack failed, she didn’t have enough strength to stand up anymore and collapsed on the floor.

Seeing Kuina collapse because of exhaustion, Ban crouched down beside her and asked, “Can you continue?”

Kuina shook her head, “My legs are numb… I don’t think I can walk.”

Hearing her reply, Ban had a thoughtful expression on his face as he said, “Your swordsmanship skills are quite good, but what’s really holding you back is your lack of physical strength and stamina. I think we need to work on these two aspects.”

Heaving heavy breaths, Kuina agreed, “Yeah… yes.”

“All right then, we will start working on increasing your physical strength and stamina in the evening, for now, let’s take a break.” muttered Ban, then he looked at the clock in the training room and said, “It’s almost time for breakfast, I have to carry out all the preparations.”

Kuina nodded, “Okay captain.”

Ban smiled, “Good.” then added, “And while I prepare breakfast, why don’t you take a bath? The clothes you are wearing are soaked because of sweating too much, you should freshen up before taking breakfast.”

Hearing Ban’s words, Kuina’s cheeks reddened as she said embarrassingly, “I don’t think I can get up.”

Ban nodded, “I know.” Then as always, he cut his hand using a knife and allowed blood to flow out as he ordered Kuina, “Drink it.”

Kuina, now already habitual of drinking Ban’s blood on a daily basis immediately used her tongue to lick all the blood on Ban’s hand, and stopped only when the wound on Ban’s hand closed itself.

After she was done, Kuina with red cheeks looked at Ban, and questioned lightly, “Captain… why do you make me drink your blood every day?”

Ban answered, “By now, you should know of this special regeneration power that I have, right?”

Kuina nodded, “Mm-hmm, whenever you cut yourself, the wound rapidly heals itself, which is quite strange.”

Ban nodded, “Yes, that’s the thing, my physique is special.” And explained, “And by making you drink my blood, I am transforming your physique as well.”

Kuina was taken aback, and questioned, “Does that mean I too will gain regeneration powers similar to yours?”

Ban shook his head, “No, you won’t.” and added, “At least not to the same extent as me, however, your natural recovery factor should improve quite a lot if you continue to drink my blood on a daily basis for the next few years.”

“I see,” muttered Kuina in understanding. She was really moved by what Ban was doing for her, and her eyes got wet.

Ban smiled, “No need to cry.” As he patted her forehead, to which Kuina nodded as she wiped her tears, “Mm-hmm, it’s just that I am so grateful to you for everything you have done for me, thank you very much, Captain, for giving me another life and thinking so much for me.”

Ban chuckled, “Don’t worry about it, whatever I do, ultimately it’s for my own benefit.” Then he stood up and walked out of the training room, “In any case, now I have to go to the kitchen, I will send Medusa here, she will help you clean up.”

Since we haven’t yet recruited a crew member who could be the cook, cooking was my job for now. Along with many abilities of Ban, I have also inherited his excellent cooking skills, so I have no problem cooking for the crew for the time being.

A few hours later – Wicked Wench

Ban was taking a nap on the deck while overseeing Kuina’s training. The young Kuina was wearing the weights that Genos prepared for her strength training. She walked from one side of the deck to the other in order to get used to the feeling of having weights on her body.

Esdeath was steering the ship with the help of Genos and Escanor, both of whom took care of the sails, and finally, Medusa stood on the Crow’s Nest, she was on the lookout duty.

As everyone was doing their things, suddenly Medusa’s voice came, “Master, I see a ship ahead.”

Hearing Medusa’s call, Ban opened his eyes and asked, “Is it a pirate ship, marine warship, or a merchant ship?”

Medusa looked at the symbol painted on the sails of the ship, and replied, “It’s a pirate ship.”

As the crew heard that it is a pirate ship, they all looked at Ban. At the end of the day, it’s Captain’s decision whether to engage in battle or not.

“A pirate ship huh?” muttered Ban, he took out his monocular from his pocket and looked at the Pirate ship, “I don’t recognize their Pirate flag, it seems they are some unknown pirates.” Then he thought for a while, and ordered the crew, “Esdeath change course and move towards that pirate ship.”

“Are we going to fight them?” Esdeath asked with a bloodthirsty gaze.

Ban nodded lightly, “Yes.” Took a pause, then continued, “However, don’t get too excited, I think their strength is going to disappoint you.” And added, “The only reason I plan to engage with them is to baptize Kuina with blood.”

“Aye!” Esdeath and the others nodded, but Kuina’s expression turned heavy as she asked Ban, she could guess what he meant by that; however, she need confirmation, “Captain, what do you mean by Baptized with blood.”

Ban looked at somewhat nervous Kuina and explained, “You will have to end the life of pirates on that ship.” Then he removed the weights tied to her body and ordered her, “Get ready for a life and death battle.”

Kuina looked at Ban’s serious expression and nodded nervously, “O… okay.”

On the Enemy Pirate Ship

“Captain, a pirate ship is coming towards us!”

The captain of the pirate ship–a thick and tall man known as the Purple Rhino–raised his eyebrow, and questioned, “Which pirate crew is it?”

The man on the Crow’s nest shook his head, “I have never seen their flag before… seems to be a relatively new pirate crew.”

“Heh… is that so?” muttered Purple Rhino, then added with a smirk, “Hrarararara… A relatively new pirate crew has the gall to come at the Rhino Pirates? Let’em come, I am gonna show’em why people piss as soon as they hear the name of Purple Rhino!” and shouted, “Little ones, we are going to kill’em all!”

“Aye!” All the crew members raised their weapons and shouted a battle cry.

A few minutes later.

“Please… please spare me…! You can take everything on my ship, just… just let me go… please!” Purple Rhino sat in a dogeza position and begged Ban to spare his life, tears, and snot continuously flowed from his eyes and nose, and a wet and yellow stain appeared on his pants, clearly indicating that the fierce Purple Rhino had shitted his pants in fear.

The battle with the Rhino Pirates was over before it even started, and currently, all the members of his crew were lying lifelessly on the deck of his Pirate ship. Anyone who would see this scene would only have one thought in their mind, ‘It was a massacre.”

Ban was disgusted at Purple Rhino, he ignored the fat man’s crying, and called out, “Kuina.”

Kuina–whose mind was lost with the flashes of memory of people she killed just a few minutes ago–broke out of her train of thoughts and hurriedly responded, “Ye… yes captain!?”

Ban ordered, “Put an end to his life as well.”

Kuina nodded lightly, “Okay.” Then she walked in front of Purple Rhino and raised her Sword, ready to lop off his head.

Ban called out, “Remember what I told you earlier?!”

Kuina nodded, “I must not close my eyes while I kill someone.”

Ban praised, “Good.” Then ordered, “Now do it!”

At Ban’s signal, Kuina waved her Sword, and despite all the pleading of Purple Rhino, she mercilessly lopped off his head with the sharp edge of her Sword.

Slash!

Puff!

Blood splattered… dying her clothes and face red with Purple Rhino’s Blood.

Kuina once again suppressed the urge to puke and wiped the blood on her face and arms with her t-shirt.

As she finished cleaning up the blood from her face, Ban patted her head, “You did well.” Then he instructed Medusa, “Take care of her.”

Medusa nodded, “I understand Master.” Then she held Kuina’s hand and the two people disappeared from the deck of Rhino Pirate’s ship.

With Medusa gone, Ban instructed Esdeath, Genos, and Escanor, “Well, now that all the pirates on this ship are dead, let’s take their supplies and treasures, then torch their ship.”

“As you wish captain.” Esdeath, Escanor, and Genos nodded, then the three of them along with Ban worked together to transfer all the supplies to the Wicked Wench.

The Pirate Ship of Rhino Pirates was very big and had more than enough space to store two weeks of supplies for 31 members of their crew. Of course, Ban and the others couldn’t take everything, otherwise, Wicked Wench will get extra heavy and sailing will become difficult, so they selectively transferred the items that they wanted to then Wicked Wench, and then torched the ship of Rhino Pirates before sailing away.

Over the course of the next three months, Ban and the crew stumbled across many such pirate crews, and without any surprise, all of them were easily eliminated by the Khaos Pirates. As more and more Pirates Crews started to disappear from the sea, the reputation of a mysterious crew lurking in the ocean became more and more prominent in East Blue and reached a point that no matter big or small, the Pirates in East Blue started to fear this mysterious crew.

In fact, Pirates weren’t the only ones afraid, even Marines and Merchants also started to fear this mysterious crew. After all, Pirate ships weren’t the only ships Ban and the crew encountered, there were times when they would encounter Marine Warships and Merchant Ships. Of course, Ban didn’t bother to spare Marine and Merchants either, the outcome for them was the same as every other ship, all the people on board would be killed, then most of the valuables they had on board would be robbed, and after that their Ship will be torched.

Nobody knew who they were, all people knew was that if you were to encounter them, then whether you are a Marine, a Pirate, or a Merchant, there will only be one result, that is death!

(Dawn Island – Foosha Village – Ship of Red-Haired Pirates)

“Seriously, I didn’t expect that Luffy would eat that fruit.” Muttered Yasopp.

Shanks chuckled, “It can only mean that that fruit chose Luffy… well, whether it’s a good thing or bad thing, only time will tell.”

At this time, the young Uta walked toward Benn Beckman, and asked, “Uncle Benn, what are you doing?”

Uta’s question attracted the attention of Shanks as well as the other members of the Red-Haired Pirates.

Benn folded back the newspaper he was reading and answered, “Another ship has been sunk by the… this time it was a Marine Warship with a Captain, a Commander, and a Lieutenant Commander on it.”

Shanks was surprised, “That’s a surprise, this is no longer a small matter for East Blue. How many ships have disappeared by now?”

Benn answered, “Up to now, 15 Pirate Ships, 7 Marine Warships, and 23 Merchant Ships have disappeared.” Then added, “And without exception, all of them were found in the same state, all the members on Board dead, precious items stolen, and ship torched.”

Hearing Benn Beckman’s words, Shanks muttered with a thoughtful expression, “This doesn’t seem to be work of some small timer…”

Benn nodded as he explained, “Yes, until now Marine hasn’t been able to catch a single lead on them. Even the Marine ship that has been sunk by those people, they were accidentally encountered, so I don’t really have many expectations from the Marines either.” Then added, “But I guess we can’t blame the Marines either… since this is the weakest sea, so the Marine officer working here are also the weakest.”

Uta suddenly asked, “If the Marines can’t stop them, then wouldn’t they continue to sink the ships in East Blue?”

Benn muttered, “Maybe.” And added, “But only for a while… if a few more months passed and the matter is still not resolved, then maybe the Marine headquarters will send a senior official, perhaps  a Rear Admiral, or maybe a Vice Admiral, depending on how much importance they give to dealing this mysterious person or people, whatever fits the description.”

Uta folded her hands on her chest, a bit concerned.

Shanks patted her head and said, “You don’t need to worry about them.”

Lucky Roux gobbled up the chicken leg he held in his hand, and added while laughing, “Yead, it doesn’t really matter how big timers they are, they won’t be able to do anything to us, coz’ we are strong!”

Yasopp nodded with a grin, “Heh, that’s right.”

While the other members of the Red-Haired Pirates laughed in joy, “We are strong… we are strong.”

Uta nodded with a smile, “Heh.”

Both Shanks and Benn also laughed and put the matter at the back of their heads.

True, both pirates and marines in East Blue need to be concerned about them, however, the Red-Haired Pirates are an exception to this. Their Strength is very high and there is barely any pirate crew in this world that they can’t put a fight against. So there is really nothing to worry about.

Logue Town – Marine Base

“Captain Smoker, all the preparations are completed, we are ready to set sail at your word.” A Marine by the name of Mashikaku informed Smoker.

The newly appointed Smoker stood up from his desk, lit a Cigar as he walked out of his cabin, and commanded, “Set sail… I am going to put an end to those mysterious killing and torching of ships in East Blue.”

 

 

*********************************

Author's Note:

Chapter - 7 finally completed. 

Heh, both the Red-Haired Pirates and the Marine Captain of Logue Town Smoker are on their way to finding the mysterious crew, let's see where this goes.

Question: If Khaos Pirates happen to take the Mera-Mera no Mi from Sixis, which crew member would be most suitable for this Logia Devil Fruit, and what would happen to Ace after that? Should I give him some other Devil Fruit? Or Should I leave him to be a Haki User?

I know this is a fanfic and I shouldn't care about the main plot, however, Ace having a devil fruit was very crucial to his defeat at the hands of Blackbeard which further led to the Marine ford war and the death of Whitebeard, so I am just wondering how should I play this part? I can't just ignore Mera-Mera Fruit lying on Sixis, but then again I am not sure how to proceed with that fruit either. Give me some ideas.  

7