Sprint
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up and head to the washroom. The faucet turns on and I splash my face with cold water. With that I feel slightly more awake, I head off to the kitchen and grab an apple from the fridge. As I walk around eating I stretch in preparation for a morning jog.
“Well time to go.”
As I arrive at the nearby trail I get my music going and start jogging. Half way through and I’m feeling a lot more awake than I was when I started thinking about slowing down.

‘Come on already half way there get it done go home and sleep it’s Saturday for peet sake’

And so I didn’t slow down I ran faster. Thinking about my soft cozy bed ready to accept me again when I got back. Which I should have because I ran straight off the trail and face planted.
“Ahhhh. Son of a ahh..”
“You okay?”

‘Huh?’

Confused I look around searching for the voice. Then I see her and blank.
“___...”
“Hello? Can you hear me? Would you like my help sir?”
“..Y-Yes, I mean no. No I’m fine just a few scratches.”
“Alright enjoy your run!”
With that she jogs off and I lose sight of her. I stand there dazed once more pulling blanks again. I don’t know how long I stood, but I’m certain it was 10-15 minutes maybe longer. When I snap out of my daze I look everywhere.

‘Wait where is she?!’

I start sprinting down the trail only to start panting after 5 minutes.
“Haa Huu- Ahh Cramp-”

As I slowly jog my way through the remainder of the trail I see not a single person. Dispirited, tired and aching I trudge my way back home slowly lost in thought.

0