Register as Adventures
373 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a deep breath a little nervous and excited before I pushed open the large wooden door and stepped inside. The first anyone would notice is how noisy it is and the second thing is how mouthwatering the smell of food being served.


On the left side is a bar with adventurers eating and drinking happily, and on the right, it looked like a reception area with only one person there. It's most likely where people register and turn in quests. Near that is a board with many papers on it which is most likely where the quests are located.


As they took it all in, the adventurers soon noticed the newcomers and soon alerted their friends. Pretty soon, everyone was staring at the new people by the door. Mostly the men stared at the women in the group and wondered if they're single. If not, well, the succubi will earn a pretty penny for the many nights to come.


A female waitress carrying food noticed them standing by the door looking a little lost, decided to help them out, "Welcome to the adventurers guild, you can either sit down for some food or you could go over to the receptionist desk over there and sign up to be an adventurer if you didn't already sign up in another town." After saying that, she turned around and left, serving the food.


"Thanks for the help," I said as we were memorized by how short her skirt is as she walk past us. She waved back and soon disappeared into the kitchen. 


We walked up to the counter, with only one person there. The receptionist, a pretty young woman, looked up and smiled as we approached. As we arrived closer, I should have figured it was Luna with how she looked. 


Luna is a well-endowed woman with fair skin, wavy blonde hair tied back in a bun, and gold-colored eyes. Her outfit is a white shirt, off-the-shoulder low-cut top that reveals a large amount of cleavage, with black shoulders, sleeve cuffs, with a red ribbon worn around her neck, low-rise jean shorts, and short brown boots. 


Her beautiful face combined with how she's dressed made it hard to not look down, but I cheated. Thanks to the ring of illusions, I can look at her chest as much as I want without anyone being the wiser. It did make me wonder though if she was wearing a bra or underwear with how low her shirt is and how tight her shorts are.


"Good evening, my name is Luna," Luna began. "How may I help you?"


"Hello Luna," I returned with an easy smile. "My name is John.


"I'm Celestine." She bowed her head slightly, though she made sure to keep the hood in place.


"Kanae, it's a pleasure to meet you." She said, eyes twinkling in delight.


 "Kalawarna." 


"We're looking to become adventurers. Can you help?" I ask her.


"Of course. There's a registration fee of 1,000 Eris per person if you'd like to sign up."

----------------------------

[{AN: Is this right? If not, then I could've change the name Yen to Eris}]


100 Copper Eris = 1 Silver Eris 

100 Silver Eris = 1 Gold Eris

100 Gold Eris = 1 Mirthil Eris


1 copper eris = 1 yen

1 silver eris = 1,000 Yen

1 gold eris = 10,000 Yen

1 mirthil = 1,000,000 Yen

----------------------------


I took out 5 silver Eris from my coin pouch and handed them to Luna. She took it and put it in the cash register.


Luna smiled, "Great. While I'm sure you already know about being adventurers, it's guild policy to say it again just in case you forget or have any questions."


I nodded along in agreement, though I mainly focused on how her breasts moved each time she talked. It's pretty fascinating how her shirt stays on no matter what type of action she does.


"First, adventurers are responsible for the extermination of monsters wandering outside the town, that might harm the citizens. They're also jacks-of-all-trades, taking on odd jobs that require their talents. The guild operates on a mission system — you can see the board just over there." She pointed a finger to her right. 


Following it, we could see a large board covered in densely pinned pages, with several burly adventurers standing around it and perusing the available quests. "There, you can find and choose any mission for you and your party to undertake. They may relate to killing a certain amount of monsters, collecting a specific material, guarding a person or persons, or any other number of things. These missions are rated by difficulty, marked with letter ratings from 'G' to 'S,' 'G' being the lowest and 'S' the highest."


"So the greater the rank the more it pays right?" Celestine asked in intrigued, wondering if they can post a quest, too.


"That's right; however, I'd strongly recommend against trying anything higher than 'G' or 'F' rank for your first mission if you wish to survive,"

Luna leveled a severe look at us to punctuate her statement. "You can also post missions, but we need to verify if you have the money to pay for the request and the rewards."


"Now, among adventurers, there are different Jobs, sometimes called 'Classes.' These jobs dictate the specialization of the adventurer. For example, a cleric may have an array of healing spells, while a warrior may be talented with a sword and a mage can use different types elemental magic."


"Jobs are allocated into different tiers, with higher tiers having access to more powerful abilities and a great sum of skill points, which I will explain in a moment. The jobs available to each adventurer are dependent on their 'Stats,' things like strength, intelligence, vitality, magic, agility, and speed, which are assigned a numerical value by this machine here." She said waving her hand at the glossy azure orb-like device.


She then took out an example of an adventurer card, "Please look at this; do you see the word 'Level'? As you know, all things in the world have souls no matter what form it takes. If you eat or kill a being, you can absorb a part of the memory of the soul, known as 'Experience Points.'


"Experience Points are normally intangible things, but with this card, the Experience Points the adventurer absorbs will be shown here. At the same time, the level corresponding to your experience points will be displayed here. This shows how strong an adventurer is. How many enemies you defeat will be recorded here. With the accumulation of experience points, all creatures will grow stronger rapidly at some point, known as leveling up. Leveling up will grant you 3 skill points to learn new skills and 2 stat points to improve your stats. If you somehow lose your card, tell us and we can either replace it or make s new one, for a fee of course."


She picked up some registration forms and handed them to us, "Would you please complete this and hand it back after you are done? If you need any help just ask."


After giving out the papers, we started filling them out with our names and basic information. A few minutes later we gave it back to her.


"Thank you. Now, who would like to go first?"


"Me! I will," Kanae stepped up excitedly before looking sheepishly behind her, "I mean if it's ok with everyone. I would like to go first."


"Then please place your hand on the device. This will display the strength of each of your abilities for reference when choosing your job. After accumulating skill points, you can learn skills that are available for your job. This is one of the key points in choosing occupations. Oh and one more thing, don't let other people see or hold your card because they can add your points to where ever they want without your input."


Kanae nodded, placing her hand against the sphere, and it immediately began to glow an ethereal blue. A few seconds later, the glow dimmed as a hatch opened from the front allowing the card to slip out.


Luna took the card and gave it to Kanae for her to read, "It says that I could pick archer, thief, assassin, or the ranger class."


"You could always change classes if you don't like it, so which one would you like?"


"I would like to be a thief."


"Ok, select the thief class and there should be some skills that you could learn. After that, you're done." Luna informed her and turned to the others, "Who's next?"


After 10 minutes, everyone got their classes picked out. Celestine picked arch priestess, Yomi picked the fighter class, Kalawarna and I picked the advanced wizard class but only said wizard class.


"Ok then, your all set. Do you need anything else?"


"Yes, do you know where we can rent some rooms for the night?" I asked her.


"We have a few rooms available for the night for 100 Eris a piece and if you're hungry, the food here is delicious. I would recommend the frog soup."

8