Ambush Fail
205 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're changing your class?" Kanae asked me with a curious look before she took out her own card and did the same. She raised her eyebrow at some classes she gained and looked at my own, comparing the two.


"Not yet, I didn't get the class I wanted and I wanted to see the spells they have," I said showing her the basic spells which were automatically learned. I smiled relieved that I didn't have to spend any skill points to learn them. 


-----------------------------

Spells learned:

Tinder

Create Water

Freeze

Wind Breath

Create Earth

-----------------------------


We stopped walking and I looked around the streets confused, trying to remember where to go. After a few seconds of trying to remember, I gave up and turned to the only other person here, "Um, do you know which street we came from?" 


"Hm? Didn't we cross Huit street and then turned left on Lohil street?"


"Really? I could have sworn..." I trailed off with a shrug before we started walking again. "Did you use your skill points for the class skills?" I asked putting my card away, staring at Kanae curiously since I didn't remember if she did.


"Yup," Kanae nodded, "It was all surprisingly cheap and some skills were already learned. I was also surprised by a few skills like Shadow clone and Skill Bind to name a few." 


I nodded making me wonder how many stat points I need to put into my strength and constitution until I gain the Crusader class. It should be pretty high since it's an advanced class, so around 75 maybe, if the usual limit is 100?


I shook my head focusing back onto the present and I should plan on where I should put my 20 skill points, 10 from my new levels and another 10 from my guild card. I pulled up my screen, pausing at Artifice, then at Magic Item Craftsman, and back again. It looks the same, but I have to check if there's anything different. I took off a few that could be focused on later and was left with 9 choices.


-----------------------------

▪︎ Elemental Magic (3/100)

▪︎ Illusion Magic (3/100)

▪︎ Healer Magic (3/100)

▪︎ Abjuration (3/100)

▪︎ Necromancy (3/100)

▪︎ Enchantment/Curses (3/100)

▪︎ Alchemy (3/100)

▪︎ Artifice (4/100)

▪︎ Eromancy (3/100

-----------------------------


I put in 18 points into them all but kept 2 for safekeeping. I mostly focused on Artifice since it made me curious if I could create an interesting item.


----------------------------- 

-----------------------------

Spells gained:


• Project Image: You create an illusory copy of yourself that lasts for s short duration. The copy can appear at any location within range that you could see. The illusion looks and sounds like you but is intangible. If the illusion takes any damage, it disappears, and the spell ends. (Duration 10 sec per 10 mana)


• Flash Heal: heals 20% of total health for 100 MP.


• Alarm: Set an alarm against unwanted intrusion. Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 20-feet perimeter. Until the spell ends, an alarm alerts you whenever something touches or enters the warded area. When you cast the spell, you can designate creatures that won't set off the alarm. You also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible. A mental alarm alerts you with a ping in your mind if you are within 1 mile of the warded area. This ping awakens you if you are sleeping. An audible alarm produces the sound of a handbell for 10 seconds.


• Summon Skeleton: Summon a skeleton depending on how much mana is used. (50 MP = 1 adult skeleton)


• False undead: Victim takes on the appearance and smell of being undead, but isn't. Can only be canceled by the caster or until the victim or caster is killed.


• Combine: A spell that allows the user to use organic material(s) to create a potion that offers a variety of benefits or dangerous effects.


• Ring of Evasion: Allows the user to dodge any attack autonomously. Activation is dependent on one's luck.


• Infusion: An extraordinary process that rapidly turns a nonmagical object into a magic item depending on how much mana is used and the user's desire for said object. 

(Ex. Shield + 100 MP + push back = Rebounding Shield)

{Rebounding Shield: Forces the person or thing that hits the shield to bounce back through the air and takes all damage leaving the user unharmed.}


• Link Sensations: Links pleasurable sensations between any two targets.


----------------------------------------------------------


The crowds were thinner than they were in the morning, which was weird since this part of the town should have been more crowded. I couldn't help but feel something wasn't right and discretely stared at my reflection on a store window, noticing some people were staring at us either from the corner of their eyes or directly at us.


It was narrowed down when I looked

further back which was two familiar men talking to a few of them and pointing at us directly. It was those two guys from the adventurers guild that tried and failed to pick my teammates up. It seems that they had planned something with either their teammates or hired these people to keep an eye on us.


"So you finally noticed them too," Kanae muttered hugging my arm tighter as she snuggled closer. "They're been loosely following after us since we first left the guild. I thought it was a simple coincidence but I guess not."


I sighed lightly rolling my eyes at this development and wondered how to deal with them. I can't kill them because it would look suspicious if they were to go missing right now, but they wouldn't stop even if I use force. If they went missing on the other hand, it'll be a different story. "Let's just ditch them in the alley and go back to the guild."


"Ok, let's go," Kanae spoke, pulling me along as we walked into the alleyway, pretending to not see them following.


Once we were inside I used [Light of Reflection] first to turn us both invisible and then [Project Image], creating duplicates to walk further inside the alleyway as a few people along with those two bastards trailed behind. After taking their money stealthily, we went back out, still invisible, and started walking in the opposite direction. 


[-106 MP]


[+540,468 Eris]


"So do you want to have some fun out in the open with us invisible?" Kanae asked rubbing my crotch as she bit her lip.


"Maybe later when there are more people outside since it'll be more exciting that way," I said grabbing her hand and waited until we were a few blocks from the guild becoming visible again.


"Promise?"


"Yes," I said squeezing her hand softly before stiffened briefly, when I felt a jolt of annoyance/anger washing over me, but it stopped a few seconds later, causing me to blink as the foreign emotion disappearing just as fast as it appeared. 


"John? What's wrong?"


"I'm not completely sure myself..." I said shaking my head a few times. "I have two theories of what just happened. One  is that something happened to Yumi that caused her to be angry or the other is that the illusion spell I cast was destroyed. We should to find them just to make sure they're safe."


We started walking again, but this time a little faster when I felt my spell stop working. That's not a promising sign nor when I didn't see Kalawarner in her room.


----------------------------------------------------------


(Illusions and thugs)


John and Kanae stopped walking when they saw a dead end up ahead. They turned around and saw a small group of people standing there. 


Blade, the muscular guy, stood a few meters away, with a small group of friends. His hand was on the pummel of his sword with a giant grin on his face, "Well well well, lookie what we have here men. It's the guy I was telling you about. The one with all those fine women in his party."


"Dammnnn~ boss, you never told us she's a looker."


"She's a fine piece of ass alright."


His grin widen further when he heard more thumps and looked up. From the roof above, several figures jumped onto the alleyway, landing gracefully with loud thuds.


"Look kid, leave right now and you won't get hurt, but she's going to stay with us for a little bit. We'll return her after we're done with her." Blade said lying condescendingly as he pulled on his sword unsheathing it a few inches. He planned on killing him when his back is turned to get rid of any witness.


John nor Kanae said anything and simply raised an eyebrow before looking at each other. Letiv, the assassin, tsked and threw his dagger at John's face to scare him a little, but froze when the dagger went past him and they both disappeared.


"Fuck! It was an illusion?!"


"How? We never took our eyes off of them!"


Blade realized something just then, "The alleyway, they must have made a switch by then. They will pay dearly for making a fool out of me." He punched a wall causing a small crater to appear and the people gathered there to take a step back away from him.

3