Chapter 1
609 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander had opened his eyes and saw nothing but a ceiling before he sat up, holding his head with one hand because it was hurting slightly.

After sitting up, Alexander looked around to try and get a clue as to where he was at. But all he saw was a hallway that had wires with electric sparks coming out of it. He didn't remember him being anywhere that looked like this.

All around him, it looked foreign and like it was not man made. After looking around, he tried to stand up, but he felt a heavy pressure that made him fall back down to the ground.

It was as if gravity was forcing him to stay down and not get up. He tried to get up again, but once again he fell down to the ground. But Alexander wasn't one to give up easily, and he kept trying to stand up no matter how hard it was for him.

While it was painful to keep falling down he still kept trying and eventually after multiple tries he was finally able to stand up without falling down.

The pain from falling down so many times on the hard metal floor was a lot to deal with, but as long as he can figure out where he is at, he can handle it.

Now that Alexander is able to walk, he started walking down the hallway that he had seen earlier, avoiding the electric wires that probably would shock him to death if he got touched by them.

He proceeded down the hallway that had various rooms. He checked each of the rooms which some of them had some strange computers which he noticed looked familiar to some he had seen in one of his favorite series, Star Wars.

In one of the rooms, which looked like a command room of sorts, Alexander walked up to one of the strange computers in the room and seen and red button flashing.

Now, a normal person who was in this situation wouldn't even think to press the button, nor would they have investigated this room. But Alexander, well he was not a normal person and for some reason he felt that button was calling to him or something which was a little weird.

But that wasn't even the weirdest thing, since after a few seconds, his hand started moving on its own towards the button. He tried to resist by using his other hand to stop it, but it was useless, his hand kept moving forward as it was being drawn towards the button.

Alexander was panicking right now, since nothing will come good from him pressing the button, especially if his body is being drawn to it. As his hand got closer to the button, Alexander closed his eyes to prepare for what was about to happen.

As his hand pressed the button, the sound of something powering up could be heard from around Alexander. But he felt no pain nor did anything bad happen, so Alexander opened his eyes.

All around the room, all the computers were lighting up, so Alexander had peaked his head outside the room door, and he had seen that some rooms which were previously dark now had light.

Alexander looked at his hand, "I guess that did nothing besides restore the power to this place, but it was weird, it was like my body just moved on its own"

Alexander wondered just what that mysterious power was.

He wasn't going to think about it for too long, since if he didn't know what it was then how was thinking about it going to help him know more, so he turned around and starting walking over to all of the computers that were now active to investigate.

But as he was walking towards the computers, he heard a voice in his head, "DO YOU WANT POWER"

The voice sounded very dark and had surprised Alexander, causing him to stop walking and look around him to find the source of the voice.

"DO YOU WANT TO MAKE OTHER BOW TO YOU" The voice had once again spoke saying something different this time

Alexander didn't know where the voice was coming from, but he decided to answer by saying "No"

The voice had then started laughing manically "LIES, EVERYBODY HAS A DESIRE FOR POWER NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE, PEOPLE CRAVE POWER OVER EVERYTHING ELSE"

"Power will only get you so far, and it comes at a cost for something that is most valuable to you" Alexander was speaking from experience since he had abandoned his childhood friend just to be able to get a high paying job, and he has regretted it ever since he made that choice because his Childhood friend had died from being kidnapped and raped

When that happened, he was depressed since he had left his childhood friend all alone so that he could kiss his CEO's ass and get a higher paid position. After she died, he always wondered if what he did was the cause of her death, but he knew that even if he didn't make the decision to abandon her could he have stopped what happened.

The answer was No because he was so weak, and he would have had no power to save her and probably would have ended up beaten up trying to protect her but at least he tried right?

"IF YOU HAD POWER, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE HER NO MATTER HOW WEAK YOU ARE POWER WILL GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO PROTECT THOSE YOU LOVE" It was as if the voice was reading his mind

After the voice said this, his mind had become even more shrouded in darkness and slowly his mind was changing "So if I had power I could have saved her"

Alexander quickly shook his head and didn't know why he was thinking like this, it was as if his mind was being taken over by darkness.

The same thought kept crossing his mind over and over again, shrouding his mind even more with darkness. His mind was on the brink of collapsing as the darkness was overwhelming his mind.

He was trying his hardest to resist, but he felt hid mind getting darker and darker by the second.

And just when his mind was about to be completely overwhelmed by the Darkness he heard a familiar voice call his name

"Alexander" The voice was sweet and soothing, causing Alexander to look up as he saw a familiar figure

"Lara???" Alexander was surprised by the person who was standing in front of who was none other than his childhood friend

Lara giggled, seeing Alexander's Surprised face, "It has been awhile since you looked so surprised like that"

Alexander held his heart which was hurting right now since he knew this wasn't real, and instead it was a dream but even so the emotions that he felt right now, "I'm Sorry Lara for what I did"

"Alexander, you don't need to apologize to me, you made a choice of your own free will which had nothing to do with what happened to me"

"But" before he could talk he was interrupted

"No, you need to stop blaming yourself I never once blamed you so stop"

"I... I Understand" Alexander sighed as he closed his eyes

"Good now you can continue on with your new life without any regrets"

"New Life, what are you talking about"

Lara didn't answer his question and only smiled, "Before I Leave you must always remember what your mother always told us, that power is not what protects the people that you cherish, but it is you, and only you're the person who wields the power that protect them.

And how you use that power is up to you, but always remember that when you have lots of power there will be difficult decisions that you have to make and whatever you chose whether it is good or whether it is bad doesn't change who you are" Lara had vanished before his eyes, ending the dream as Alexander returned back to his mind being almost overwhelmed with darkness

But remembering what Lara told him, he resisted the darkness and eventually the voice had vanished along with the darkness.

Once the darkness was gone, a bright angelic light had blinded Alexander. After a while it dimmed down and in front of Alexander was a very beautiful woman with a golden aura around her

"Alexander Hamilton you have successfully passed my trial which is quite intriguing"

14