Chapter 51-60
585 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51

-----

The day passes, and the appointed time has come. Eddie's not going back to the underground lab because he had to join the S.T.A.R.S.

When Eddie arrived at the training camp, he met a beautiful instructor; she was none other than Svetlana Belikova!

Svetlana has been a S.T.A.R.S. instructor for one month. Even Wesker was interested in studying under that woman.

Eddie said hi, after which he went to Brian Irons' office.

In the office, Brian immediately welcomes Eddie. "Welcome, welcome, come sit down." Brian Irons was polite while shaking Eddie's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Chief Brian. Anyway, what is my placement in the S.T.A.R.S. team?" Eddie asked as he handed him an envelope. Of course, as for what's in that envelope, it's money.

Skilfully, Brian grabbed the envelope and immediately placed it on the computer table.

"Your job is nothing but a medical tracker; you'll be placed on Team Bravo. So enjoy your time."

Brian knows that Eddie joined the S.T.A.R.S. just for 'playing.

The other side is one of the top researchers working at Umbrella; Brian won't hesitate to have a good relationship with Eddie as long as he gets extra money.

"Well, if you'd like, maybe I'll ask for something in the future. Hope it doesn't weigh you down." Eddie said with a nod.

"Of course, let's talk about it whenever you want; I'll take care of it for you, hahaha." Brian laughed happily; as long as there was money, the job would run.

"Then I'll go see my teammates."

"Lastly, I am curious. Why are you employing an instructor from Europe?" Eddie was so interested; why did Svetlana show up in Raccoon City? Isn't this very strange?

"Ah, one month ago, the police force was funded by Umbrella, so we recruited Svetlana to further strengthen the team's performance."

Brian briefly explained, of course, that the remaining funds to recruit Svetlana went into his personal pocket. He is personally happy if a large company or someone else pays.

Eddie stroked his chin. Did one of the Umbrella staff fund that? Is this Spencer's plan or Sergei's? Or Alex herself?

Eddie's not sure.

***

The month-long special training finally ended, Wesker applauded the Team's performance he led. "Everyone, I have something to say."

All members assemble immediately. After that, Wesker continued. "Today, we have a new member, a top researcher from Umbrella."

"His expertise can help us find the target using the victim's 'Body Examination.'"

Wesker looked at Eddie. Eddie nodded.

"Hello, I've worked at Umbrella before. Chief Brian specifically invited me to join the Tactical Team. "

"Name is Eddie Cai. Nice to see you all!" Eddie introduced himself in front of the joint Team.

"Eddie, you will be assigned to Team Bravo led by Enrico. You can get acquainted with other members on your own. "

"Okay, the new member has introduced himself. Today's training is over; you free now! "After that, Wesker turned around and left immediately.

Wesker didn't want to have a special relationship with the Team he was leading; knowing them too well would make him hesitate to use them. Better stay away while he can.

"Ah, so you're the new member? Very good, you also look powerful. "

"Name is Enrico, leader of Team Bravo. I welcome you to our big family." Enrico said hello with a smile.

Enrico worked as a police officer for many years; his combat experience is unquestionable. He also has a strong sense of justice!

Eddie talked to the rest of the Team, after which he said with a smile: "Since we've become co-workers, I'll treat you all to a drink at the Raccoon City bar tonight; if you're free, you can join us!"

"Hey, invite me too!" Suddenly another man's voice was heard; it was nothing but Kevin's.

Eddie looked at the guy strangely. Didn't he still guard at Umbrella Hospital?

Well, Eddie just shrugged.

"Sure." Eddie nodded at Kevin.

"That's great! Thanks." Kevin said happily.

***

Eddie goes back to the apartment with Jill. In the evening, they prepare to go to the bar.

When Eddie and Jill arrived, all the S.T.A.R.S. Team members were assembled, except Wesker, of course.

Jill, who walks while holding Eddie's hand, looks a bit tired when coming to the bar; they've had a lovely 'session' together recently.

If it wasn't for the serum, maybe Jill would still be in bed. Fortunately, her body had been strengthened several times! By eating some food, her stamina will soon recover.

Entering the bar, Eddie is suddenly approached by Chris.

"Hey, you're Eddie, right? Please treat Jill well. If you hurt her, then I won't let you go." Chris walks over with a glass of wine.

Honestly, Chris was reluctant when Eddie joined the S.T.A.R.S. Fortunately, he wasn't placed on Team Alpha. Chris doesn't want to keep feeling sad; seeing this guy's face makes his heart hurt!

"Chris, right? Don't worry, I'll take good care of Jill."

Eddie replied with a nod. "In the future, I will invite you to our wedding." Eddie laughed happily.

On the other hand, Jill didn't object to her boyfriend's remarks. Instead, she smiled happily!

Hearing this, Chris felt increasingly depressed. He felt like his heart had been squeezed to pieces!

Depression began to take over his body. Unexpectedly, his love can't reach Jill.

The drinking party started. Eddie, who has generously paid all the fees, is immediately loved by all Team members!

When Eddie was drinking, he was suddenly approached by a pretty blonde waitress.

The beautiful waitress looked a little hesitant; she seemed worried.

Looking at the woman's behavior, Jill was suspicious. With Eddie's excellent character, she has no doubt a competitor will come in the future.

But Jill is very confident in her abilities; of course, she is very optimistic about defeating all potential competitors!

"Hey, do you need anything, Miss Cindy? If you want to confess, then outline your intentions. The man already has a girlfriend, hahaha." As usual, Kevin asked with a laugh.

"Hey, shut up, Kevin. Eddie, if you want to have a relationship with two women simultaneously, then I will be very supportive of you!" Joseph suddenly interfering, of course, he said this as a joke.

Jill stared at Joseph as she glared at him. Even with her presence, the man wants to conspire with his lover; what if she is not around?

Eddie looked at Cindy with a smile; "Cindy, do you need any help?"

Cindy took a deep breath, after which she said, "Sir Eddie, one of my neighbors went to the Arklay area yesterday. But he's still not back yet; I'm so worried. "

"If you can, will you help me find him?"

Eddie immediately nodded. "Sure, tell me the name and specific characteristics of the person."

"After that, I'll try to talk to Chief Brian."

"Thank you so much." Cindy bowed in gratitude.

Seeing the beautiful figure and the gentle attitude of the waitress, Eddie wondered... Why is no one trying to propose to her...

-----

Chapter 52

-----

Late at night, in a luxurious apartment.

Svetlana looked at the view of the city lights from behind the window.

Somehow, she felt bad after she set foot in this city.

One month ago, the Umbrella suddenly called her. They want her to train the Raccoon City Tactical Team.

She was also given a special mission by Alex to protect Eddie for three months. In return, Alex promised to help her with what she would do in the future. So Svetlana didn't decline the offer.

***

*Ding Dong!*

The doorbell sounded; Eddie, who just wanted to rest with Jill, was suddenly awakened by it. 'Who the hell comes to visit at this late hour?' Eddie walked to the door with a compulsion to see who was actually coming to visit.

Opening the apartment door, a woman with pink work clothes was seen. The woman had short blond hair, her ponytail covered her right eye.

That woman is none other than a beautiful reporter named Alyssa Ashcroft!

"Good night, Mr. Eddie. I'm Alyssa Ashcroft, a reporter for the Raccoon City newspaper."

Alyssa said hello.

Eddie seems confused; what does this beautiful reporter want to do in his apartment at night?

"Ah, you were at the bar before, right? It's so late; how can I help you?"

Eddie asked.

"May I come inside?" Alyssa made a request.

"Sure, but don't do 'anything' unnecessary, ok? I already have a girlfriend." Eddie said jokingly, after which he allowed Alyssa to enter the apartment.

"I don't mind even if you already have a girlfriend," Alyssa responds with a smile. If the other side can joke, then she can too! Who wouldn't dare? Not her, of course.

Inside, Jill, who saw the arrival of another woman, felt a little confused. Why would a woman visit her boyfriend at this hour?

Also, she looks beautiful!

"Jill, this is Alyssa, a reporter for the Raccoon City newspaper."

"Alyssa, this is Jill, my girlfriend." Eddie introduced both briefly.

"Hello..." Jill and Alyssa shake hands with each other. Both clutching each other's hands, an aura of hostility emerged from both of them.

Eddie poured a cup of coffee, then gave it to the pretty reporter. "Ok, Alyssa, can you explain your purpose why you come here?"

Alyssa replied as she pulled out her notebook. "Earlier, I had collected data from every incident in the Arklay mountains. I got that data from every citizen who ever set foot there. "

Jill is more curious; an untrained woman like her who dares to investigate a serious problem like this is worth a thumbs-up.

"I have also interviewed some of the survivors of the various incidents. Almost everyone remembers the terrifying experience; some say that a dog attacked a pedestrian. And some say that they see a very terrible human figure!" Alyssa says; the data is the result of her investigation.

Eddie nodded. Admiring the reporter's hard work.

"Also, I heard that a man was living in an abandoned hospital building in the forest area of Arklay."

"It is said that the man likes to carry large axes and likes to chase after people who trespass the area." Alyssa's expression turned even more severe.

"If what you say is true, then the events in Arklay Mountain are connected with that ax-man!" Jill issued her opinion. After that, she looked at Eddie.

"I want to make sure it's with my own eyes. But I can't go alone, I know that this is very dangerous, so I wanted to ask you for help." At last, Alyssa told her true purpose.

"I see... I'll try to consult with Chief Brian first." Eddie nodded.

"You're not trying to lie to me, right?" Alyssa said in a skeptical tone, a lot of 'policemen' said this; in the end, they forgot their promises.

As Eddie's lover, Jill was unhappy when the honesty of her lover was in doubt. "Don't ramble; Eddie is a very responsible man. He'll keep his promise! "

Alyssa crossed her arms, she put on a suspicious expression; "Really? Then I'll wait and see..."

Alyssa Ashcroft

***

The next day, Eddie went to see Sergei, "I got word from a reporter; she said that there was an abandoned hospital building in the Arklay forest area."

"It seems that there are people still living there, most likely related to the leak of the T-Virus experiment."

"So, what do you want to do?" Sergei asked while playing with the knife.

His relationship with Eddie can be said to be neutral. At least Spencer can still use this young man as his pawn.

As long as Eddie doesn't betray Umbrella, Sergei won't try to hurt or kill Eddie.

"I plan to go there with the S.T.A.R.S. Team, at the same time, I want to find out if there's a new type of biochemical weapon in there." Eddie said with a severe expression.

"Oh... You look like you really want to go to that dangerous place. Why try so hard?" Sergei asked back.

"Of course, to collect data! The new weapons data will significantly help the company, plus I want more bonus money for my future wedding expenses."

"By the way, what does uncle Sergei think about polygamy?" Eddie suddenly asked him a strange question.

Hearing Eddie's question, Sergei immediately felt suffocated. He's an imperfect T-serum user; one side effect is making him into a eunuch.

The serum isn't the same as the one Eddie used.

"I don't know; you can try to find out for yourself." Sergei snorted; how dare someone to discuss this topic in front of a man who no longer has his manhood. Did Eddie deliberately ask this to mock him?

"Sure."

"Uncle Sergei, can you call Chief Brian? Please let him know that I'm taking the S.T.A.R.S. team to explore the Arklay forest." Eddie asked Sergei for help.

"Alright. I'll let Brian know later. "

"You can go now."

Eddie nodded. Maybe Eddie's mission could distract the public; public pressure on Umbrella isn't too good either. So Sergei immediately approved Eddie's request.

Also, the latest project is still being worked on in the laboratory; it will take quite some time to complete. That newest project is none other than the Talos project!

"Marcus... With me, you have nothing to fear or worry about; whoever dares to provoke you, I will solve it personally..."

Sergei snorted. His hand clenched, squashing the sharp knife he'd previously played with.

The previously sharp and hard blade has been ripped into an iron ball.

Although Sergei's hands received scratches and were also bleeding, the scratches closed themselves and healed at a fast rate.

-----

Chapter 53

-----

Since he has free time, Eddie thought of visiting his pretty private guard.

Inside a high-end apartment, Svetlana was seen sitting while drinking a coffee.

It seemed that she had guessed that there would be a visitor coming today. Therefore, she had served two cups of coffee.

"Sit down."

Svetlana said to Eddie.

"Don't you want to continue your work in Europe?"

Eddie grabbed the coffee mug, after which he began to taste it.

It's pretty sweet; he really likes this coffee.

"A civil war is unfolding in my hometown. The situation there will remain the same for a while. It would be the same with or without me. "

"Alex had contacted me personally; she was a close friend of mine. She said you were a fascinating person, so I decided to spend some time looking after you for a while."

Svetlana said briefly. And it's true, her new boss is indeed quite fascinating, after investigating for some time. It turns out that the man in front of her is indeed quite mysterious.

"Who knows, maybe the war will quickly subside with you there? I'm very sure of your ability." Eddie said with a smile. He doesn't know if Svetlana's current presence in Raccoon City will affect the future or not.

Will Svetlana still serve as president of the Slav Republic in the future? Eddie himself doesn't know.

"It seems you have a special meaning behind your words," Svetlana said while placing the coffee cup on the table.

"No, I just overthink."

"Anyway, why is a beautiful person like you still unmarried? Are you more focused on your career?" Eddie suddenly asked.

"Marry? I'm not interested." Svetlana said briefly.

"Too bad..." Eddie sighed sadly. Indeed he's just acting; maybe in the future, he can *cough* closer to this super-strong beautiful woman.

"By the way, what is your purpose in coming here? Want me to train you?" Svetlana smiled.

"Correct!" I want to learn how to fight; physical strength is not enough. The world is not safe."

Eddie nodded as he looked out the window; the outbreak was imminent. The danger will lurk in every corner; he's indeed become strong, but being physically strong won't be enough. Therefore, he wanted to learn martial arts directly from a master.

Svetlana can feel another 'emotion' when Eddie says his purpose. "No problem, I'll be your instructor from now on."

"Then, let's start now." Eddie suddenly stood up, after which he walked into a relatively large empty room.

The serum had increased his overall physique many times, but his fighting ability was inferior. If he can fix this problem in the future, he will probably be the strongest in the ranks of masters such as; Wesker, Boulder punch Chris, Leon, etc.

Svetlana nodded; she started instructing Eddie to make some special moves. Wanted to test how much the man's body strength capable of.

Ten minutes later, Svetlana was surprised by the result; "Your physical strength is excellent, your body is also very flexible. Have you ever studied ballet and martial arts?"

"Nope, never." Eddie shook his head. Surely this result doesn't surprise him too much. A small dose of T-Serum alone can provide many benefits.

For this time, he didn't want to tell Svetlana the truth.

Speaking of doses, how strong is Sergei? That man used an unextracted T-serum like Eddie; of course, his powers were much greater!

Svetlana looked distrustful; "Your body is ok, so, what kind of fighting style do you want to learn?"

"Can you teach me martial arts that can kill an enemy with just one move?" Eddie started thinking about what style he wanted to learn.

Hearing Eddie's request, Svetlana immediately smiled. She happens to be very good at killing. "As you wish. But remember, this fighting technique is unique and difficult to learn. Better strengthen your physique and your mentality."

***

One day went by. The training provided by Svetlana was no joke; Eddie felt like he was in hell.

Using elbows to strike piles of wood as thick as concrete pillars? Eddie did that, and every strike has to hit the red dot that's been marked. Svetlana will punish him with a raw punch if he misses a bit.

Eddie can't avoid the pretty instructor's punch; he can only hold it!

"If you want to learn to kill, first you have to have the ability to defend your life; if you want to learn to defend your life, then you have to be able to withstand every hard blow!"

Never underestimate Svetlana; maybe she looks like a quiet city woman. But when it comes to combat, her temperament will soon turn ferocious!

Every single one of her attacks would make Eddie groan in pain. If the fist is pointed at the forehead or throat... Maybe Eddie's been exposed to the ground by now.

With this personal experience, Eddie finally realized how incredible Ada Wong was when she fought against Svetlana!

(See Resident Evil: Damnation - Svetlana vs. Ada)

"Your tenacity must be shunned. Except for your better physical strength, nowhere else is as good as this woman." Svetlana criticizes Eddie without hesitation.

As a pro instructor, she won't be merciful.

"You will see, sooner or later, I'll match your abilities!"

Eddie said while rubbing the bruise he received. Bruised nose and swollen face are the results of Svetlana's affection.

This particular instructor really wasn't joking in training him; if she said she was going to hit, she would do it in earnest!

"I'll look forward to it." Svetlana chuckled.

"Don't tell me you're one of them..."

Seeing Svetlana's behavior somehow makes Eddie think about something.

"One of what? "Svetlana squinted her eyes, looking a little hesitant.

"You know, there are some skillful women who have sworn to marry men who are capable of defeating them. Are you one of them?" Eddie said as he narrowed his eyes. Looks pretty sure of the guesses.

"You overthink. If you were worthy, I wouldn't refuse; right now, you're not qualified to discuss things like this." Svetlana said with a sneer.

Eddie's just laughing.

"Anyway, the Tactical Team is going on a special mission. I want to invite you to join me. Are you in?" Eddie asked.

"I am your guard; I will accompany you wherever you go." Svetlana nodded.

"Awesome! I'll tell Chief Brian then." Eddie nodded.

*Ring!*

*Ring!*

*Ring!*

Suddenly Eddie's phone rang. Eddie answered the call. Nodded a few times, after which he hung up.

"Svetlana, I'm going to attend a meeting. Just wait, I'll inform you later. "

"Also, the mission we are about to take on is perilous; better prepare your equipment."

"Even though your city's dress is good, the combat clothes make you even prettier!" Eddie thumbs up to Svetlana.

"Go to hell!"

Svetlana snorted as she saw Eddie's figure running out of her apartment.

A little later, she started packing the gear she would carry.

***

All the members who had previously been on vacation had regrouped in the camp. Whether it's Team Alpha or Team Bravo, it's all here!

The last one to come was Wesker, apparently confused by this sudden mission.

-----

Chapter 54

-----

"Captain, do you know why we were suddenly told to gather?"

Barry Burton asked Wesker; he was as confused as this sudden call.

Personally, he knew Wesker well enough, so without any reluctance, he immediately asked.

"I don't know myself; let's wait."

Wesker shook his head, signaling that he didn't know either.

On the other hand, Jill approached Eddie's figure, examining the wounds her boyfriend received with a smile.

"Hehe, it must hurt, right? I was like that when I first practiced with Svetlana's instructor."

"Ah, this is just a tiny cut. I can handle it." Eddie denied Jill's words. As a man, he has to be strong; a slight wound like this is nothing but a peanut.

Wesker looks at Eddie; he's a little skeptical of the guy's sudden appearance on the S.T.A.R.S. team.

He knew that Eddie had a relationship with Spencer. "I don't know what the real purpose is. But if he tries to stop me from leaving Umbrella, then I will..." Wesker's eyes narrowed.

While everyone was chatting, Chief Brian and Lieutenant Marvin came along;

"All in all, residents have issued many of their complaints about frequent incidents in the Arklay mountain."

"You're going on an exploration for the next few days. The killer must be found as soon as possible."

"You are all elite soldiers; I'm sure you can accomplish this difficult task."

Lieutenant Marvin said aloud. Now it's Brian's turn to speak; "Wesker, you're going to lead in the task this time. Be more careful; report to us when there are sudden changes."

"If there's something weird going on there and you don't know it, then ask Eddie. He's perfect at that sort of thing. "

Brian delivered the message previously given by Umbrella.

Earlier, Sergei had contacted him. Personally, this mission was nothing but the result of Eddie's request.

As for why did Brian agree to it? Of course, all of this because Sergei gave him an envelope this morning.

"I've also invited a freelance reporter. She has a lot of evidence of incidents that have taken place in the Arklay area; she will help a lot. "

"In addition, she can also preach our mission later. I'll personally look after the reporter. "

Eddie proposed this to Brian.

Brian ducked, looking thoughtful. While Lieutenant Marvin asked with an eyebrow frown.

"You brought a reporter? Is she an amateur?"

"No, she's a famous reporter who has a lot of experience. Her name is Alyssa Ashcroft; I made sure of it myself; she can be trusted." Eddie answered Marvin's question.

"All right, you can take her on this mission. You should be prepared."

"Is there anything else you want to say?" Brian told Eddie.

"We can also invite instructor Svetlana Belikova; she can help us too," Eddie suggested one more thing.

"No problem." Brian nodded, after which he left while waving his hand.

On the other hand, Lieutenant Marvin said, "Guys, be careful. This mission is perilous; I will wait for your return. "

After that, he also left.

"Okay, get ready. At nine pm we will go together!" Wesker instructed all the Team members while looking at his watch.

It is dangerous to go to the Arklay area at night, but the captain has spoken; all must obey the instructions.

"I'll talk to Rebecca first. She must be nervous with her very first mission, honey; you better get ready." Jill said to Eddie. After which, she went to see another sweet member named Rebecca.

While Eddie was packing his things. Suddenly he was approached by Wesker.

"Eddie, can we talk?"

-----

Chapter 55

-----

"Sure." Eddie nodded.

After that, he followed Wesker to a place. Eddie wasn't afraid, even though Wesker had good combat ability. However, he was still an ordinary human being, not yet injected with the superhuman serum. So there's nothing to worry about.

Both go to the balcony of the building. Eddie looks at Wesker with confusion; he's still wearing sunglasses at this time of night. 'Is this man hiding something? Does he have a Sharingan or just want to act cool?' Eddie wondered in his heart.

"Did you join the team to watch over me?" Wesker immediately asked.

"Just an assignment I happen to get." Eddie nodded, not denying Wesker's question.

"Huh, that old man again!" Wesker seems to have guessed this a long time ago.

"Are you talking about Sergei? That guy really doesn't like you." Eddie said briefly while one of his hands was ready to take a gun. Prepared to shoot if Wesker tries anything stupid.

"Our mission tonight is so sudden, I don't even take orders. Are you behind this?" Wesker asked, frowning. He doesn't like things that aren't under his control.

"Yes, I suggested this. I want to gather 'stuff' that I can use in future research."

"By the way, if you want to sell biochemical weapon data to another company, remember to give me a copy," Eddie said with a flat face.

"Why do you think I would do that?" Wesker looked surprised.

"Do you remember the former Umbrella executive? What's that guy's name?" Eddie suddenly asked, trying to remember someone's name.

"You mean Morpheus Duvall? Why asking?" Wesker no longer turned his back; now, he stared right at Eddie.

"Ah, yes, Morpheus... He was expelled from Umbrella for violating company agreements. Even for a man who has a high position in the company, he can't resist the temptation of money."

"Who knows, maybe you'll do it too? I'm not really interested in your business anyway."

"Just don't bother me. Otherwise, maybe I'll be rude." Eddie got to the point.

"Huh, I'm not interested in you either. I won't bother you if you don't mind my business." Wesker nodded. Conversations between intelligent people are always 'direct' to the point.

***

Meanwhile, Svetlana had packed her things; her clothes had also been changed to unique combat clothes. Her hair has also been styled like Lupo's. It looks very charming and also strong!

The reporter, Alyssa, has also rushed to the rendezvous point. She wears sportswear as well as sneakers. Not forgetting the camera and the pen.

Eddie returned to the dorm after finishing his conversation with Wesker. He took four sets of special glasses. They were nothing but infrared glasses, a type of glasses capable of detecting the movement of creatures using their body heat!

These glasses are also handy at night.

The news that S.T.A.R.S. troops will conduct a search has also reached Echo Six and Ada Wong. Both of them felt something big would happen.

As for Chief Brian. He tried to block all the news about the Arklay case, even forbidding other police from intervening.

For Echo Six and Ada Wong, all these things look very suspicious...

-----

Chapter 56

-----

Ada Wong wanted to go along quietly, but she began to ponder, "The biochemical monster is bizarre and dangerous, let alone have to fight it at night like this."

Ada shook her head, sidelining the thought.

It's too late for her to come back. She needs to investigate it.

Ada Wong turned around; she went to a firearm shop after that.

'I'll try asking Eddie later.' Ada Wong muttered.

***

"Caroline, let's go." Sienna has also made up her mind. She grabbed a sniper rifle, ready to deal with any problems she might face.

She had a feeling that this mission wouldn't go too smoothly.

"Roger that!"

Caroline pocketed a sharp dagger and a gun full of ammunition. Like the Amazonian soldiers, she looks steadfast and robust; "Let's go; we'll take out some monsters tonight."

In addition, Caroline also has a beautiful appearance; as an Indian, her wheat skin has its own appeal.

When visiting Raccoon city, men often try to start a conversation with her. This made her annoyed; the weak man would never enter her sight!

Like Caroline, Sienna also has her own standards. The man must be handsome and also responsible. Of course, strength and money are also necessary.

Every woman's standard of choosing a man is different...

***

Gathering place.

Eddie handed Night Vision over to Jill, Rebecca, and Svetlana.

"Eddie, what is this?" Rebecca asked, her eyes looking at the glasses-shaped object with curiosity.

Svetlana and Jill were also curious. As a girlfriend who has spent time with Eddie every day, she doesn't even know that Eddie can make this device.

"Night Vision, instrumental at night. Try it, and you'll be able to track the enemy and see more clearly. "

"If any red dots appear, it indicates a moveable object. You can detect enemies with it."

As an experienced instructor, Svetlana immediately posed a quick question; "What if the red dots appear to be our teammates or civilians?"

"Good question, that red dot adjusts to the shape of the captured person or moving object."

"You'll easily recognize who's in your sight."

Eddie explained.

"This is just an early version. However, I'll try to upgrade it later."

"If there's any problem, you can give feedback."

"Hey, do you treat us as guinea pigs?" Rebecca said jokingly, her face looking radiant as she smiled.

"Rebecca!" Jill nudged her friend. She didn't want her friend cornering Eddie with a difficult question.

"Hehe~ Just kidding, sister Jill can calm down."

"This kind of device is awesome; I've never seen such like this before." Rebecca chuckled.

"Okay, get used to those glasses. Jill, be more careful, okay?" Eddie said as he handed Jill a small communication device.

Jill nodded, then plugged the communication into her ear.

"Hmmm, you too," Jill said.

"Don't worry, he can handle it." Suddenly Svetlana commented.

"Okay, we need to get ready; the Arklay forest area is hazardous. From the information I've received, there are some strange creatures in there, so increase your surveillance."

"Also, if anyone is acting suspicious, from the way they walk, etc. So don't come any closer to them; maybe they're one of those freaks."

Eddie suddenly said out loud.

"Didn't help them? That's no way!" Rebecca moaned insatiably, as a girl with a good heart, of course, she wanted to help people!

Whereas Svetlana just bowed her head, she looked thoughtful.

'Eddie is Alex's most influential man; indeed, his word should have other meanings. Arklay Forest must be dangerous; there must be something hidden there.' Svetlana murmured in her heart.

Eddie and his fellow Team ride a helicopter piloted by a veteran.

At first, Team Bravo had only six members. Still, after Eddie, Alyssa, and Svetlana joined this mission, they became nine.

Luckily this helicopter can accommodate more than ten people; if they add more, it might not fit!

"Everybody, stay calm and don't be nervous. There is nothing to fear; prepare all your ammunition and weapons; you can fire in an uncontrollable situation!"

Enrico tries to encourage the team members he leads.

Eddie listened calmly while looking out the window.

Helicopters flying out of Raccoon City, slowly entering the Arklay Mountains.

-----

Chapter 57

-----

Arklay forest is lush; there are many animal noises heard at night.

All those sounds made the atmosphere even more grippy.

Is the arrival of Team Bravo and Alpha here is a good choice? You know the answer better.

Meanwhile. Inside the helicopter.

Svetlana suddenly felt her hand gripped by someone else. She looked at the guy who was grabbing her; it turned out that guy was Eddie.

The man took a deep breath while holding a light machine gun.

In her heart, Svetlana felt funny; this man who always acted in control could also feel nervousness. She even felt a slight vibration from the man's body.

"You want it?"

Suddenly Eddie was offered a pack of chewing gum.

"Thank you." He said to Svetlana.

"You're welcome. Calm down; it's normal to act nervous in your first mission." Svetlana shook her head, trying to cheer Eddie up.

Eddie, who knew how scary and dangerous biochemical weapons were, must have felt nervous.

True, he has played Resident Evil games many times, especially the 4th and 5th. But a game and the real world are entirely different!

When he saved Ada Wong from the Zombie Dog attack, the circumstances were very different; after killing the Zombie Dog, they immediately escaped into the Villa.

But this time, Eddie wasn't allowed to retreat before clearing the mission!

When you think of the abandoned building and the secret gloomy rooms inside, all these things make Eddie shiver.

"We'll be landing soon, everyone. Hold on." Kevin Dooley said from the pilot's cockpit.

The journey from Raccoon City to the Arklay Forest takes only thirty minutes by helicopter. If you walk, it will take more than five to six hours!

After getting off the helicopter, Eddie immediately put on the Night Vision device. At the same time, checking his gun.

His eyes began to look around, ensuring that there were no biochemical monsters in their landing area.

"Hey, Eddie, don't be nervous, just relax!" Joseph tried to cheer Eddie up while laughing; he seemed to want to explore this place immediately.

"Wait, I found something!" Joseph suddenly found something strange.

"What is this?" He took a thick stick with a handgrip trace; the grip was so firm that it thinned out the part.

Everyone looked; they frowned. Looks like the mission won't be so easy this time.

Whereas Wesker started squinting his eyes. The T-Virus leak would have spread to the city if it hadn't been stopped immediately, but trying to stop the spread would have been impossible. Except the government wants to nuke the mountain Area, it's impossible to stop the spread.

Wesker's decision to leave Umbrella is getting stronger. There's no need to stay in this company anymore; Umbrella's research is very closed and strange.

On the other hand, a Zombie Dog was hiding behind the grass.

Seeing those people inattentive. Zombie Dog instinctively began to launch its attacks.

They dashed using its four legs, rushing towards Joseph, still holding the stick with a dazed expression.

"Ahh!" Joseph shouted in surprise. The Zombie Dog was very close; even the stench from his mouth could be smelled very clearly. Joseph can't get away!

*Bang!*

Eddie immediately fired his gun at the Zombie Dog's head accurately at the most critical moment!

"Damn, this dog looks really awful; what the hell is this?"

Joseph was goosebumps looking at the Dog's figure.

"Eddie, thank you so much!" He thanks Eddie sincerely.

"This place is not safe; everyone, be careful!" Eddie picked up his rifle then pointed the gun at the bush.

The Night Vision glasses show a red hot spot.

On the other hand, Jill also began to realize this. Jill picked up the gun and pointed the muzzle at the target. "Eastside, there are six hostiles. Not human, I don't know what it is. Careful, everyone. "

A quick decision was taken directly by Wesker; "Team Alpha guard the left, Bravo the right. We will clear all enemies; once safe, we can continue our investigation."

Wesker immediately ordered both Teams.

As for Svetlana, she looked at Eddie in surprise. This guy seemed very nervous on the plane, but now he's acting very calmly.

'Has he forgotten his fear when entering an emergency situation?' Svetlana said in her heart as she praised Eddie.

Zombie dogs are raiding fast. All S.T.A.R.S. members are ready for this attack.

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

Although Zombie Dogs are very agile, never underestimate the snipers on the Bravo and Alpha teams. The dogs started to fall before they could even get close!

Eddie faced some wild wolves that had rotted. At this crisis time, the effect of T-Serum began to stand out. His concentration had entered the extreme; the movement of the biochemical weapon became very slow in his eyes.

As if entering slow-motion mode! Eddie immediately fired a hot bullet at each of the wolf's heads.

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

Gunshots were heard many times. Wild wolves who had previously wanted to attack have been cleansed by Eddie alone. Their lifeless bodies were lying on the grass.

Even with the reinforcement of the T-Virus, they couldn't hold a shot right to their head!

"Good job, Eddie!" Exclaiming Enrico, he praised Eddie's success in eliminating these monsters.

"What the hell is that thing? A wild dog that has rotted?" One of Bravo's snipers said astonishment.

After that, he shot one of the wolves with the sniper rifle he was carrying.

The fear he's feeling right now won't go away either.

"Better be careful; there might be another attack. Only God knows where these things come from. Even trained fighters will be killed if they let their guard down." Kenneth said as he looked around.

The S.T.A.R.S. team started splitting their work, some were watching over, and others were shooting.

Whereas Eddie and Rebecca started checking out one of the dead Zombie Dogs. Trying to find substantial evidence.

"This is Doberman Dog; they are very aggressive and tough to control."

"Judging from its condition, this Dog should have died a long time ago, but why can it still move? What an extraordinary thing." Eddie said calmly, trying to analyze it.

On the other hand, Rebecca felt a little scared, but she tried hard to eliminate this fear. She doesn't want to be a team's burden!

"Did you find anything useful?" Suddenly, Enrico, Team captain, asks.

Eddie shook his head.

"No, but there are traces of drugs that have been used on this Dog. Looks like they're experimental objects."

"There's supposed to be a building around here; let's get it investigated; there should be another clue there."

"As for these dogs and wolves, we can leave them for now. We can take some samples later. "

Eddie said with a severe expression.

"Then we'll investigate separately. We'll gather once we get something. "

Wesker immediately ordered Team.

He didn't know what was coming; Umbrella didn't give him any clue.

The only thing he can do now is to collect data...

-----

Chapter 58

-----

Team bravo and Team Alpha started investigating separately.

Eddie walks looks very careful. Behind him, Svetlana continued to follow, acting as a guard.

Svetlana is very curious, what exactly is the secret of this man? On the plane, the tension and nervousness Eddie showed wasn't pretense. He held her hand not because he wanted to look for an opportunity, but, the vibration she felt was pure fear.

Also, judging from Eddie's attitude, it seems he has faced the Zombie Dog that attacked before. Does that guy already know about this?

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

A loud string of gunshots was heard once again.

The sound came from a distance, after which Jill's voice was heard; "There are other strange creatures near here, I just killed some of those monsters. Be careful!"

With fear and anxiety, Team Bravo's entourage began to march. Even the two pilots followed them; living alone in these woods is very dangerous!

One man won't fight a horde of zombies, so it would be wise if they left the helicopter in place.

*Bang!*

This time the gunshot came from Svetlana's rifle.

Her reaction was swift; before the foul monkey attacked, she had shot it first.

The next second, a voice was heard *Wus!*. Eddie did a backflip when a red-eyed crow tried to attack him suddenly. The raven has been infected with the T-virus!

Eddie quickly threw a sharp knife at the crow's neck. Seconds later, its little head was cut off.

Svetlana glanced at Eddie's performance; "You're growing very fast."

"Thank you."

"All these thanks to your presence, hahaha." Although still nervous, Eddie still tried to haggle at the European woman.

"Go to hell!" Svetlana grunted, trying to ignore Eddie's words.

She will never accept a man weaker than her...

***

The search continues; the further they go into the forest, the more monsters pop up. If Eddie had a Gamer System, his level might have risen a few times by now.

Zombie Dogs, Wolves, even Turtles don't escape the virus leakage! Their violence is getting worse as S.T.A.R.S. goes deeper into the Arklay forest.

Dark clouds adorn the night sky. The forest environment is very dark and gloomy; if it wasn't for the Flashlight, maybe they would have been killed by a sudden and invisible attack!

Luckily, Eddie's emotions are starting to calm down, his tension nerves have eased by a few tens of percent. Now he can face these monsters more calmly.

He doesn't know how many rotten animals he's killed; he saved his teammate dozen times too. Right now, Eddie is very focused on his surroundings.

Eddie can look into the dark with the T-Serum like a nocturnal animal.

Besides, he didn't feel tired of the high-intensity battle he was waging; T-Serum made his stamina recover quickly! Jill was one of the ones who received this benefit as well.

"Captain, there's a wooden house there!" Barry Burton said while holding his Magnum gun.

This gun is more potent than any other light gun, but the Recoil is also more significant. Every shot would make Barry's hand bounce up; if it wasn't for the training he often does, maybe that gun would have slipped out of his hand.

The entire Tactical Rescue Team felt they were surrounded. On the other hand, Wesker felt a bad feeling. 'Could this wooden house be the source of the problems they face? Wesker thinks hard about whether to check the wooden house or not.

Enrico and Kenneth came directly to the side of the door simultaneously.

One broke down the house door, and the other was ready to shoot!

In the room, a middle-aged man was seen sleeping.

"Sir, are you the owner of this house? We're members of the Special Tactics and Rescue Service. I'm Enrico, captain of Team Bravo. Are you okay?"

Enrico tried to talk to the man.

The man suddenly stood up and said, "I'm fine; what are you trying to do here?"

"We're here to investigate a recently surfaced case in the Arklay mountains. Have you seen any suspicious people living in the area?" Enrico asked.

"Not sure, I don't know!" The man immediately squatted down while holding his head. He looks like he's in a lot of pain.

On the other hand, Alyssa seemed surprised when she saw the man; some blurry shadows began to appear on her head.

But she can't remember much more than that, her head is starting to hurt a lot!

Eddie immediately helped Alyssa; he asked, "Alyssa, are you all right? What is happening?"

"It's okay; I'm just feeling a little dizzy... It's getting better now, thanks, Eddie."

Alyssa shook her head; she had previously felt pain also began to subside.

"That man is very suspicious," Eddie whispered to Rebecca.

"Isn't he just an ordinary person who happens to live in this area?" Rebecca didn't see anything strange about that middle-aged man.

She trusts Eddie, but she won't move rashly; she won't act until she sees the truth with her own eyes!

-----

Chapter 59

-----

"What makes you think that?" Svetlana asked curiously. Her 'always' calm appearance began to change, her curiosity for Eddie growing up.

"Think about it, how can an average person live in a dangerous place like this. Plus, he says he's been living here for years; how is that possible?"

"During our journey here, many monsters attacked us, so why hasn't the monster broken into this wooden house yet?"

Eddie said his doubts.

"You mean he's the culprit of all this crazy stuff?" Edward, the Helicopter pilot, asked.

"I don't think that man is the mastermind behind all this." He looks a little suspicious.

"I didn't say that; I just felt weird about that guy." Eddie shook his head. He knew that the guy wasn't regular, but he didn't say anything specific.

While everyone was still chatting, Enrico and Wesker started discussing. A little later, they finally reached a decision.

"Everyone, we've found a new lead. We're going to a place where there was screaming. Let's go."

Wesker immediately gave the order.

On the other hand, Eddie had come out of the wooden house; he said he wanted to find helpful evidence outside.

Wesker, who saw Eddie's behavior, was a little confused. 'Does that person know something?!'

***

Due to uneven roads, walking in the Arkylay area requires extra focus. Also, the darkness of the road doesn't help at all.

"Wait, there's someone there!" Joseph suddenly said.

"Are you okay, sir? We're the Rescue Team. Now you are safe."

Everyone began to turn their gaze towards the appearance of the mysterious man.

His clothes looked ragged; some wild plants were also attached to his body.

The man looked so horrible, as if his body had been rotting for a long time!

Svetlana, who saw this, immediately felt a pumping in her heart. She could see that the man squatting next to the tree was dead. Her instincts as a warrior are undoubted. But she's still silent because she doesn't know for sure.

Eddie was also surprised; his heart was pumping. This is his first time seeing a Legendary Human Zombie with his own eyes!

Such a hideous figure never fails to frighten him in his sleep. And now he has to face it in person!

Eddie started pulling out a gun, raising the gun, and aiming. Waiting to see if the man will attack or not.

"Hey, sir. Are you okay? Now you are saved." Joseph came closer to the man, his hands outstretched; he wanted to help him.

The man in the torn clothes suddenly tried to pounce on Joseph the next second!

The Zombie jumped and immediately opened his jaw wide!

As if there wasn't enough bad luck, Joseph became a Zombie target again. Earlier was a dog, now a human zombie! Who told him to be so reckless?

"Grrraaa!"

"Ahhh!" Joseph shouted as he rushed to move the neck that wanted to be bitten by the Zombie.

This sudden incident instantly shocked all Teams. Everyone is still shocked and unresponsive. On the other hand, Jill reacted immediately, but she still doubted whether to shoot or not.

*Bang!*

With one hard shot, Eddie directly hit the Zombie's head.

His head exploded, after which his body fell over Joseph's body.

Joseph felt very frightened; he quickly pushed the Zombie's body and immediately retreated. Seeing such a monster is normal to be afraid, even to pee! "This... What the hell?"

"Another enemy is coming!"

Eddie, who saw the movement of other enemies, immediately told the others.

Another gunshot was heard! Eddie keeps aiming at every Zombie that tries to get close.

"Eddie, what have you done!"

"You killed a civilian!" Enrico, who thinks those people aren't monsters, immediately screams at Eddie. As Team Bravo's team leader, his sense of justice is powerful!

"Take a good look, captain. These people are not human. "

"Look at their clothes and body, rotten skin, and hideous appearance. Do you still think they're human and not undead?"

"See also the vines in their bodies." Eddie's trying to convince the captain.

"What do you mean?" Enrico took a deep breath. If what Eddie said is true, then this will be a disaster.

"Yes, the strange plants that wrap around them are alive and moving. There must be something wrong with it. "Eddie pointed to the plants moving around in the bodies of the Zombies.

On the other hand, Rebecca hid behind Eddie's back; she looked shaky and scared.

Zombie's rotten appearance makes her nauseous!

As the youngest on the Team, she needs special protection.

"You have to help me; there are so many monsters here; how can I be safe? They still exist!"

The middle-aged man named Albert Lester started crying, looking very sad. Not sure if he's acting or not.

"Don't worry, we'll kill these monsters and find the real culprit."

"Keep leading; we don't have much time." Enrico nodded.

"Eddie, I'm sorry for yelling at you before."

Enrico won't hesitate to apologize; if he's wrong, then he'll admit it. A good man who can be trusted!

Eddie's just waving.

"No problem, I used to be yelled at when I was still working at Umbrella. I'm used to it." He said with a smile. Of course, Eddie would not mind for an honest man like Enrico.

On the other hand, hearing Eddie's confession, Jill felt a little sad when she found out that her lover was often yelled at while working at Umbrella. She's thinking of taking care of this man after the mission!

-----

Chapter 60

-----

The road gets steeper as they go deeper into the forest.

Way ahead, there's a bridge, behind it there's a big building!

"That's the place; I often hear screams from there." After that, Albert Lester immediately ran across the bridge.

"W-Wait!" Enrico couldn't stop that old man, so he could only follow behind.

Some Zombie plants pop up suddenly; it looks like they're moving on their own, trying to find food. Some small animals such as flies and mosquitoes are eaten directly by the plant.

"You can go first; I'll wait here while keeping watch." Eddie picks up a machine gun then shoots a zombie plant that keeps popping up.

"I'll help too!" Jill stood by her lover, took the gun, and then shot!

"Well, thank you. Edward, Foster, you put a fire shield to protect Eddie and the others."

Enrico nodded and began to command the other two members.

*Baam!*

*Baam!*

*Baam!*

The sound of the machine gun continues to be heard; every bullet hits the Zombie plant accurately.

"Jill, aren't you scared?" Eddie suddenly turned sideways, asking his lover.

"No, I've been trained for this kind of thing." Jill laughed; the nervousness and fear she experienced had eased enough.

"Good then, you're a super cop anyway, hahaha."

"Okay, take Rebecca and Alyssa inside; I'll cover you from behind," Eddie said as he pointed to the back of his back.

"Roger that!" Jill immediately took two beautiful women over the suspension bridge without further ado.

All Bravo Team who crossed the bridge helped Eddie with their sniper rifles.

"Eddie, Svetlana, you two get over here!" Enrico shouted loudly.

"You go first," Svetlana said without turning, continuing to attack Zombies with her weapon.

"Sorry, but following a lady's lead just isn't my style."

"You go first."

Shamelessly, Eddie plagiarized Leon's words, kekeke~.

"Huh, whatever." Svetlana snorted, then left first.

*Slash!*

Suddenly there was a strong wind. An ax flew fast from the abandoned hospital! The ax kept turning until it cut the bridge rope. Soon the bridge started to collapse!

Svetlana hurriedly grabbed the rope to not fall into the gap in the middle of the road.

Eddie grabbed another rope and started swinging his body in a safe direction with his super reaction.

"Eddie!" Jill exclaimed, feeling very worried.

"I'm okay," Eddie answered directly from under the bridge, holding on to the rope.

*Kwak!*

*Kwak!*

*Kwak!*

The raven screams sounded loud. The red-eyed crows started attacking. There was also the buzzing of the bees who had been infected with the T-Virus!

"Too dangerous here; let's go inside first," Wesker instructed the team members decisively.

"No, I'm not leaving my men!" Enrico refuses Wesker's orders, Eddie and Svetlana are still left on the bridge.

"You can go first; we'll catch up with you later. Don't worry!"

Again, Eddie's voice came from under the cliff.

Jill wanted to say something, but she understood Eddie's decision. She nodded and immediately pulled Rebecca and Alyssa into the building.

Meanwhile, Alyssa tried to remember something when she saw this hospital building.

***

The rope previously held by Eddie and Svetlana was cut off immediately after S.T.A.R.S. members entered the building.

And, of course, Eddie and Svetlana went straight off the cliff.

Eddie quickly pulled out a steel knife; he immediately stuck it into the cliff wall to slow him down.

Svetlana, who is not ready, continues to fall. This cliff is very steep and high. If she fails to do it. Then Svetlana's body will be destroyed!

In a critical moment like this, Eddie rushed straight to Svetlana.

His strong hand immediately grabbed the woman's waist. The knife he was using was stuck on top because he had to save Svetlana. Eddie can only use his hands to reduce the fall speed.

His hands began to scratch, blood began to print on the cliff wall. Eddie gritted his teeth so hard!

When he saw a thick tree trunk growing on the side of the cliff, Eddie immediately jumped.

*Baam!*

Eddie's leap effects made the tree vibrate tremendously. But it's still sturdy enough to hold the weight of both their bodies.

Right below them, there's a river. There seems to be an animal in the river; there must be leeches and crocodiles. The likelihood of those animals being infected with the T-Virus is very high!

Svetlana came down from Eddie's arms; "Thank you..."

"You're welcome, by the way, don't forget your vows, okay?"

"In the future, you need to mary me!" Eddie said, flirting.

"Keep dreaming-" Svetlana rolled her eyes, but she didn't look angry at all...

-----

feel free to support me on;

patréon.com/mizuki77

18