Looking for Companions 3
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fabian looked at the wounded Jin Ling and saw  he still had defiance in his eyes. It seemed like he was about to have his last stand , and then he gave up. Seeing this Fabians aura also calmed down.

"It seems that besides your martial might, your reasoning is not bad at all. A fight to the death is truly not worth something like the token to the 'Rolling Mountains ' secret realm."

".........

Lei Jian looked at Fabians face with a bit of surprise as he didn't think those words were going to come out of his mouth. Witnessing his strength he had thought a heavy ridicule and a harsh beating would befall him , but Fabian seemed to be so nonchalant about the situation. Lei Jian was intrigued by the person who seemed to be around his age , but had easily bested him. 

'He really made fun of my cultivation.' inwardly thought Lei Jian and smiled as he once again looked at Fabian with newfound light. Lei Jian once again stood straight up on his two feet and deeply bowed towards Fabian who raised his eyebrow. "I , Lei Jian fully accept defeat at the hands of....uhhhh

"Fa Bian....my name is Fa Bian." awkwardly said Fabian as he hadn't thought about a better name for himself.

"Fa Bian..." repeated Lei Jian as he tried to remember anything about someone with the same name or family name,  bu he came out with nothing even though it was a peculiar surname.

As the two of them were going through the awkward phase of introduction, a pair of long lashes trembled at the sight. On the teahouse the young woman was staring at Fabian and Lei Jian with annoyance and slight anger.

"Young miss, it seems that your plan was not ment to come to fruition. The brat of the ' Great Mountain Saber ' sect  seems to have lost the token of 'Rolling Mountains ' secret realm to that senior over there." said a one of the burly men at her side.

"Senior..." was the only word she uttered from her rosy lips as she turned around and left the teahouse. The two burly men followed after her immediately, and soon they were far from the teahouse. It was only then that she stopped and turned her head slightly at one of her bodyguards and spoke.

"That man....was he anyone you might know? "

"No..

"I don't think so...

The two of them answered one after the other making the twenty something girl furrow her brows. ' Ttch...what an annoyance.  I almost had another token of the 'Rolling Mountains ' secret realm on the palm of my hand..., but that man messed everything up.

Why in the nine hells did he decide to appear here, at this time and place? Is it karma?  And who the hell is he? Fa Bian...that such a suspicious name....definitely fake!'

The two bodyguards stared in silence as their miss was thinking hard about the situation . They also felt defeated as they also hadn't heard about a powerful cultivator going by the name of Fa Bian before , and they really didn't want to going by the display of martial might he had showed defeating Lei Jian. 

"Hmph....such a troublesome situation." suddenly blurted out the girl." You two will look into this Fa Bian that came out of nowhere and then report back to me immediately. Don't come back empty handed...

"Yes miss!"The bodyguards immediately acknowledged her order as a tingling sensation passed through their scalp. Was it fear of something else, they would never know as they both hastily went on different directions leaving the young woman alone. 

Unbeknownst to the two of them not far away a drunk man who had been listening on the situation slowly begun to retreat backwards with a glint of greed on his eyes. 'Hehehe...now that is some good information. Someone like the young miss of the 'Thousand Gu Sect' is clearly interested on this Fa Bian fellow going by the look on her face. If I sell this information to the 'Secret Pavillion' I'll definitely get a good sum of silver taels.

Hehehe...it seems that my throat is not going to run dry tonight...huh....

As the man tried to once again lift his foot of the ground and leave,  he found out he couldn't.  A feeling of numbness had somehow crawled up his body and had engulfed his completely in a matter of seconds.

"......

The man tried to shout,  but he couldn't muster a sound . He seemed as he was frozen in time as his muscles contracted and he struggled to breathe with all his might,  but the only thing he could muster was sheed a tear as his eyes rolled back and he passed out on the ground. 

"Hmph...insignificant mortal...." a young woman's voice was heard as suddenly a shiny, thumb sized black bug flew from the now still body of the man, and immediately landed on a hand seemingly carved of white jade, before rapidly changing color to match that hand. A pair of long eyelashes fluttered opened as the eyes behind them stared calmly at the camouflaged bug, but they didn't really show any emotion at what just happened.

1