Introductions
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stout man then had his lackeys guide everyone all into one room. As they were getting dragged along, Clay managed to hear something coming from behind him. "Sir! That was unnecessary!" One voice exclaimed in a frustrated manner. "It's alright, I need to let them know they'll be alright.." someone who Clay assumed to be the stout man replied, it sounded like he wasn't in good shape after the demonstration.

Just as Clay was about to look behind him to get a better look, one of the lackeys ushered him to go faster, not letting him do so. Clay helplessly obliged as he made his way to where the group was. 

They were made to wait inside a bright empty room, little golden decorations lined the ceiling, the light from the chandelier glistened as it hit the floor made of marble. Clay's group all huddled up in one corner as the group with the little boy gathered up in one too.

Time passed as everyone waited for someone to come break the silence. Clay felt that it was the perfect time to apologize for what happened to Jacob, because it was partially his fault. "U-Um, for earlier, I'm sorry.." he said in a soft manner as he approached Jacob. He looked Clay in the eye before smiling and putting his hand out. "It's okay, let's get pass that!" Jacob said in an enthusiastic tone as he grabbed Clay's hand and shook it aggressively. A soft chuckle came from their group as they watched the two flail their arms around--

"You're just like me anyway.." Jacob muttered under his breath. The others didn't hear it, but Clay on the other hand clearly did, but he was too focused on Jacob's aggressive handshakes to notice anything.

Jacob then stood up and slowly walked towards the other group. "Hello!" He said as he extended his hand out towards the man on the other group. "I'm Jacob!" He added. 

He then turned towards Clay and the others and started counting them off one by one. "That scary looking guy is Raul!" He said as he pointed at the bald man. "That girl there is Amanda!" He added as he pointed at the girl in her gym clothes. He then went closer as he whispered to the group. "I don't really know the other two yet, but I guarantee you they're nice people!" He said in a soft tone. Clay, who clearly heard everything stood up and made his way towards Jacob--

"My name is Clay!" He said in a stiff manner as he bent his body down to an angle resembling a bow. "I look forward to working with you!" He added.

Seeing this the teenage girl felt a little left out. She knew that if she kept hiding in her little shell than that would hinder her relationship with the others. She stood up and with all her might, she introduced herself. "I-I'm Ella! It's n-nice to meet you!" She exclaimed.

Clay looked back at the teenage girl, who was getting consoled by the gym girl, Amanda. He could hear her telling the girl things like, 'It's alright, you didn't have to do that.'. He couldn't help but smile as he watched the group get along with one another. 'Connections. One down thirteen more to go.' he thought to himself.

Jacob who had a wide grin on his face watching the two introduce themselves looked back towards the other group. "Looks like you know our names now.." He spoke "Mind if we know your?" He added in a soft manner.

...

"He used it.." the white cloaked man pondered to himself as he sat down on a bench it what seemed to be a park.

The roads were lined with little stalls where merchants would sell little trinkets to passerbys. People sporting heavy armor with swords and other fantasy like weapons walked down the street in groups. It looked like something straight out of a fantasy movie.

Suddenly, the man's ill-mannered friend approached him holding two meat skewers on his hand while chewing on one in his mouth. "Ychou knyow, itw wyas-" the man spoke before the cloaked man cut him off. "Noah." He said in a stern tone. "Speak. Properly." He added. The ill-mannered man proceeded to inhale the meat skewers, as he sat down beside the cloaked man--

"Ehem" clearing out his throat he proceeded to repeat what he said earlier. "Like I said, it was bound to happen anyways." He said in a sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes as he spoke. "He probably has his eyes on the Jacob kid too. Makes sense why he wants it to seem like he's a great guy." He added.

The two went on to bicker with each other even more, sometimes even getting into little physical scuffles.

1