Chapter 3: I just took it out for a moment and now its gone!?
291 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remembered an interesting quote about the origin of the problem. A wise man once said; As long as humanity exists, it is inevitable for conflict, troubles, misunderstanding, and so on to arise. I never took these words seriously back then, but looking at my current situation, it seems like I have to reflect on it.

"Kill them! Dug their intestine and gouged out their eyes! Offer them to the Gods... And surely, they would grant us a corresponding blessing!" The eyes of the native glinted with longing, seemingly indulging in his fantasy.

Indifferently, I watched how this group of sick bastards screaming and shouting a bunch of nauseating words, tying our intestines to a ribbon, making us eat our limbs, and so on.

'Really, why do I keep being subjected to this kind of thing.'

While lamenting how small the world was, I felt someone tugging on my shirt; I turned my head and glanced at the perpetrator.

Unsurprisingly, it's Ruri. Yet, unlike her previous calm demeanor, the one in front of me seems awfully disturbed by something. 

'... What's wrong with her?' 

As much as I would like to ask her directly, I had to maintain Gilgamesh's persona.

Soon, after sorting out my thoughts, one of my eyebrows rose, displaying a hint of dissatisfaction.

Despite being aware of this, Ruri still persisted and stared at me with unconcealable distress.

"M-my king! These people are the eyes and limbs of the mystery! One of the elders in the camp I belong to said that these peoples are unkillable. No matter how much you kill them, they will once again return and charge at you until exhaustion. Once that happens, even the strongest legion in this realm could be killed!" Her delicate voice shook, seemingly recalling unpleasant things.

I inwardly groaned while imagining a bunch of fearless lunatics charging at me relentlessly.

Honestly, I also would like to retreat here and then pick a different route to tackle those things in the sky. But unfortunately, now I'm role-playing Gilgamesh, who is known for his pride and arrogance. Hence, the outcome is pretty much decided. That's right, I'll have to fight these bunch of hobos while keeping my hand; to make it seem that I disdain using my treasury to deal with a bunch of scums.

'Haa... Good grief, how did it come to this.'

I inwardly heaved a sigh of exasperation and dazedly turned my gaze at the sky.


10 mins before the encounter.

Traversing the dark forest could be said to be easy and, at the same time, troublesome.

The low visibility of the dark forest, along with the unchanging limb-like trees, is enough to make anyone lost on their way.

There's also a faint mind manipulation oozing from the trees, which can effectively affect the state of sanity of an average person, along with their IQ. This means; the dark forest has a debuff that makes its victim confuse their sense of direction, dragging them into the abyss of an endless maze. They would somehow find themselves returning to the place they were before. Once the victim returned to that place, they would forget their past memory and again embark, repeating the endless cycle until their death.

Well, excluding Ruri and me, of course.

As for why I found it easy? It's because of Gilgamesh's bug-like gate of Babylon.

Although I can't say much about the treasure above E+ rank, the rest before it was an absolute treasure for an average person. It goes without saying that all of Gilgamesh's treasures were the finest of the finest; even the rank E- below is enough to buy a castle. 

Oops, I digressed, but long story short, I went and fetched a carriage driven by a puppet coachman. 

Just the time I thought we were good to go, Ruri's current unbecoming appearance and smell immediately flashed in my mind.

It's definitely unpleasant for Ruri, much less for Gilgamesh and me. Hence, I decided to fetch a cup with endless water and made the puppet coachman dig a pool for Ruri. After the artificial bathtub was done, I took a magic dress from the treasury that could change its measurement based on its wearer.

Throughout the process, Ruri repeatedly expressed her refusal, but before the king's order, she eventually relented.

Soon, after waiting inside the carriage for a few minutes, a subtle knock at the door rang. 

Aware of this, the puppet coachman opened the door in a gentlemanly manner, and what welcomed me was Ruri's previously concealed appearance.

Ruri's previous hair entangled with mud was exuding an extraordinary luster, and her eyes shone brightly like the stars in the sky. She was wearing a gothic punk dress, standing at the side of the carriage while stealing a few glances in my direction with a hint of flush on her cheeks.

Umu, I must say that this loli had the capital to become big sister exuding ara-ara vibes. 

I inwardly nodded and beckoned Ruri to sit in the carriage.

Ruri seems hesitant.

Looking at her display, I inwardly heaved a sigh and closed my eyes.

"Since you claim to be my subject, I shall command you of thus. You are but a mere child. Act as one. Until you learn the ways of this world, it will suffice for you to gaze up my kingly might with jubilance."

After saying that, I showed no effort concealing my boredom, not caring whether Ruri would follow regardless. 


Ruri's eyes widened after hearing her king's command. She felt a twinged of envy before his majesty's indomitability. But she soon discarded the thought and faithfully followed her king's order.

'By your will, I shall attempt to do so, your majesty.'

Beholding such thoughts, Ruri further firmed her determination to help the cause of her king and silently rested.


After finally convincing Ruri, my thoughts drifted, and the silence in the carriage permeated. Soon, before I knew it, the carriage halted on its track.

Puzzled, I sent a hint of magical energy to the puppet coachman. Yet, for some reason, it didn't return with a response. At this point, I can already tell that something went wrong along the way. Hence, I decided to take a look, and after coming down from the carriage, I found the puppet coachman with a crude axe embedded in its core; the head.

My forehead creased as I sensed the knave that tarnished Gilgamesh's treasure.

'Good grief, I just released it in a few minutes, and now it's broken.'

I inwardly heaved a sigh and frigidly stared at the barbarian-looking natives. They were wearing nothing but a cloth on their crotch, accompanied by a familiar-looking axe; raised above their head, seemingly attempting to throw it.

"Hmmph, fool."

A single golden ripple in the air emerged, with a protruding magical staff, weaving condensed magical energy before shooting like a projectile.

"-----!!!"

The dust and debris danced as the magical energy exploded with lethality, far surpassing the likes of a grenade. 

"AHH!!!"

The natives screamed in fright before the inexplicable scene before them. But soon, a leader-like man emerged from the crowd and let out a booming outcry.

"RAAAH!!!"

The air shook as the panic-stricken scream of the natives was soon overwhelmed by the ear-splitting roar.

Soon, an eerie silence permeated the scene, seemingly waking up the disoriented natives. 

Seeing this, one of my eyebrows rose, feeling a hint of interest.

Frankly speaking, that roar earlier also shocked me; I mean, have you ever seen someone roaring like a full-volume speaker in front of you? Well, now I do. It makes me wonder how their throat can support that kind of strain. 

But despite the distracting thoughts, the golden ripple in the air remained. In fact, I even increased the volume just in case.

'But then again, what do these people want?'

Unaware of my thoughts, the leader-like man immediately threw something in my direction, shooting at a speed beyond a human's reaction. 

Yet despite this, I remained indifferent as I waived my hand.

Soon, one of the swords in the gate of Babylon quivered before shooting out like a projectile, striking the object thrown by the native.

The collision of the two caused some spark before eventually falling to the ground.

After taking a close look, I saw a pebble that you could see on the side of the road. What truly surprised me was the force behind it.

'How could a human have such power?'

This is really puzzling; After all, as far as I know, the humans of this parallel world don't have any connection to any kind of power. That is aside from modern weapons, of course. 

But it was already proven that modern firearms or even nukes can hardly cause any harm to the mystery. Yet despite this, the man in front of me wields power beyond humans, clearly inconsistent with my previous conjecture. 

'Eh, this is really interesting. Why do the real powerhouses of this world conceal their existence from the public?'

Honestly, I took it for granted that this world doesn't have any means to deal with the mystery. After all, the war between the two has been going on for years. Yet there's little to no info about humans counterattacking the mystery whatsoever. Aside from the white lies by the authorities to stabilize the masses, it is no exaggeration to say there's nothing at all.

'If so, it looks like I have only seen the tip of the iceberg.'

While contemplating, a subtle change took place within the natives.

If their eyes were previously laden with fear and terror, now it was replaced by unbridled madness and malice. 

They were looking in my direction as if they saw something delicious. Making me frown out of disgust.

"Now, now, calm down, my fellows. Today, God has given us his blessing, a chance to worship his lofty name and become even more powerful." The leader of the natives longingly gazed up at the sky, seemingly seeing through something within the scarlet veil.

"I won't repeat anything obvious. I know all of you already knew what to do." After saying those words, the eyes of the natives around him gradually brightened, and they soon lunged strangely in my direction.

How do I describe it? These people were not rushing at me as a typical human would; instead, they were running on fours akin to a beast.

Of course, I'm not stupid enough to let them do what they please. Soon, projectiles successively struck the natives, causing explosion and destruction between their ranks.

Yet despite the alarming casualty, the destruction around them stimulated them even further. As if the natives never feared death in their life.

If not for the fact I saw them panicking earlier, I'll probably applaud them as courageous warriors.

But anyway, I have a vague idea of what caused the sudden change of the native. Obviously, it's their leader. I don't know what he did, but that roar earlier seems like the fuse for the current situation, making the natives maddened to the extreme.

'Eh, this is going to be a bit troublesome.'

While lamenting, I sensed Ruri coming out from the carriage, running in my direction with a hint of panic.


Now, back to the present.

With the info I got from Ruri, my doubts earlier were finally solved.

After all, I've been bombarding the natives for a while, yet their numbers show no sign of dwindling.

'And here I thought I keep seeing familiar faces, no wonder.'

After inwardly nodding, I let out a harumph filled with disdain, staring at the leader of the natives indifferently.

"This farce has gone long enough. You mongrels have proven that you are nothing but that. If so, be honored! This king will personally send you to your graves!" After saying that, countless golden ripples bloomed in the air, exuding a far more terrifying fluctuation.

Even the natives who were previously fearless of death halted and subconsciously trembled; as if facing something that exceeded them.

Aware of this, the leader finally realized that situation was starting to get out of his hand. 

"Retr-"

Before he could utter his order, I had already sent the horde of noble phantasm and simultaneously struck down the natives. While especially targeting the leader.

"-----!!!!"

Countless explosions rang; as dust, iron, and blood danced before the absolute catastrophe caused by the king's treasury.


Ruri fell silent as she witnessed the might and destruction caused by her king. 

The eerie trees were bombarded until they turned into slag. And the ground was filled with blood and cavity due to the tremendous explosions. The fire was wantonly devouring the body of natives, seemingly intending to erase their very existence.

Ruri has seen such a scene countless times to the point of being numb. But all of them has similarity, that it was caused by the mystery.

The only difference on this occasion was; it was done by a person!

Although she already saw her king's might, she still couldn't help but marvel after seeing it the 2nd time.

Soon, seemingly satisfied, she saw her king waving his hand, retracting the golden ripples in the air.

Folks I have a bad news for you, I won't be uploading anymore chaps! Well, its temporary because there's too much things to do like thesis, projects, and so on! Hence, I plan to concentrate on my study first. Hope you can understand, anyway thanks for liking this novel! See you later~

11