First Encounters
162 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening her eyes, the newly born ghost looked around. She could see a large garden of flowers, full of color and life. There were many colors and types from roses to daffodils. It was nicely lit, as the sun was just rising and the light hit the garden at a pleasant angle.

Looking down, she saw that she was wearing a pristine white dress with a blood-red undertone. The red undertone was placed in a way that would bring attention to her, but also not be an eyesore. Seeing a flower that was also red, she reached for it, hoping to pick it.

Unexpectedly, her hand went right through the flower that she was reaching for. Surprised, she tried again only to fail again. 

Giving up, she decided to look around more. The garden was lined with a small wooden picket fence. Turning around she saw a house. It was two stories and made from wood. The roof was slanted and it could be seen that it was also wood. The walls were painted a calming blue that was complemented by the various vines growing up the sides. There was a window but it was hard to look into due to the glare of the rising sun.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing a fair skinned elven woman; seeing the young ghost she was startled for a moment before saying

“Are you lost sweetie? Where are your parents?”




————————————————


??? POV


The ritual had worked. By using the abundant star mana in the area he has created a ghost. One that would be the most vicious and deadly ghost ever. He was excited as now he could report to his master à success after so many years and failures. He could finally please his master.


————————————————


Jessbell POV


Jesbell Starfinder woke up exactly at 6:30. She had to make breakfast for herself and for her human husband. He may have a bad habit of sleeping in but as an elf it was hard for her, as she often awoke when the sun started to rise.

Getting out of bed she would be careful not to wake John. She took a shower in their bathroom, making sure to refill the water mana gem after so John wouldn't run out of water. He may also be a mage but he didn’t have any nature attunements and thus he could not refill the mana gem himself.


After getting dressed, she headed down stairs to start making breakfast. Skillfully cracking the eggs onto the pan, she set light to the fireplace and started cooking. Making some scrambled eggs and adding a bit of salt to them she went to grab some parsley for looks from her plant. 


Noticing it was drooping a bit she used her plant magic to feed it some nutrients. Once this was done she finally grabbed some parsley before looking out the window. Taking in the rising sun, morning dew, tweeting birds and the little girl in her yard she went back to cooking.


“Wait, little girl?”


Stopping for a moment before opening the front door, she sees her eyes did not deceive her. There was a little girl in her front yard. Watching as the girl turned to face her, she decided to take the initiative. 


“Are you lost sweetie? Where are your parents?”


2