Dawn (Part 2)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first class finishes and I start to put my stuff away. As I fix my hair and I hear Daemon say, "So what is your name?" I freeze in place not expecting him to ask me. 'Well it is a polite thing to do dumbass,' I say to myself in my head.

"My name is Dawn Nova." Daemon smiles bigger and says, "Well hello, my name is Daemon Moon. What is your next class?"

I push my glasses up, wanting this conversation to be over, "Honors Math." Daemon says, "Really, I have that class right now." I look up at him, "What is your schedule? Just curious" He looks at his paper and says, "We just finished Honors English, I have Honors Math, PE, and Alien Studies." I said, "Well I have all of those except Alien Studies."

Daemon looked at me and I realized that my dumbass mentioned I was a human. 'Fucking shit,' I cursed in my head. He was going to know one way or another.

Daemon says, "So you are human?" I nod, hating myself for being too talkative. He smiles and says, "That's cool. So how long have you been here?" I look at him surprised, "Two years," I say slowly. He looks at me and smiles, "Nice, maybe you can show me around."

I nod, but I remember Rose was going to do the tours and said, "Actually I am not in charge of that. But we should go to our next class." Daemon checks his watch and says, "We still have 20 minutes."

I look back at him and say, "I am always early, sorry." Daemon smiles and my heart beats faster. Why is it like that, it isn't like I like him, right? 'No remember he is probably a player, don't make the same mistake when you went out with Simon'

"Well let's get you there early then." I nod and got my backpack, going towards our Math class in silence, hoping he would leave me alone. I take my seat in the back of the class and he sits next to me. "You don't have to sit next to me."

'Why the hell is he keep following me', I thought. Daemon looks at me confusedly, "It's fine, you seem pretty cool and nice." I look down. Can an introvert like me sit by themselves? Like shit, I sit in the back for a reason. Me and interactions are a big no no for a person like me.

He is attractive and all, but I barely know the guy. Daemon gets his textbooks and I look at him in the corner of my eyes. I can see his tattoo a little, it looks as if it's a dragon. The dragon had a very familiar feeling about it. Shaking my head, I look back down and get my books out.

People filled the classroom and I sighed. I put my earphones on and just started to draw my dream. I can see from under me girls coming our way and they start to talk to Daemon. It was going to happen eventually, he is very attractive. But he looks oddly familiar but I can't figure out from where. I sigh a little.

Mr. Doom comes in and says, "Okay students, we have a new student, Daemon please come up." Daemon gets up. I look up from my sketchbook, taking my earphones off.

Mr. Doom then says, "Okay Daemon, in this class we say our First and Last name, favorite thing to do and if you are an Alien, what is your power and where you from. And if you are also an agent, what is your goal or mission?"

Daemon then says, "My name is Daemon Moon, I like to sing and dance, my powers are freezing objects or people and summoning spirits, I am actually from the Moon but was raised on Earth. My goal is to find the Sun Princess and be able to help and be by her side." I looked at him and realized why he looked familiar, he is the prince of the Moon; Prince Daemon.

'Well fucking shit not only is he a player but he is a prince. That's something.'

As he was introducing himself, my eyes started to sting. 'Shit!' The pain always bothered me. 'Not again!' I then started to feel a burning feeling on my wrist. I winced. Mr. Doom see's me in the back and frowns, "Ms. Nova are you ok?"

"Yes Mr. Doom." I give him a look, to tell him my eyes are changing again and his eyes widen. He straightens up and clears his throat, "Okay class we will be doing a mini assessment in our textbook today. Miss Nova, please come with me."

I put on my sunglasses. I get my stuff and walk over to the door, passing by Daemon. He winced and looked up at me.

Mr. Doom and I leave the classroom. He closes the door looking around to see if others were around and says, "Dawn let me look at your eyes." I open my eyes and he gasps, "I will call your father please stay out here while I get a classmate, remember to have your sunglasses on at all times."

I nod and he goes back inside. Taking my phone out, I use the camera to look at my eyes. It was a very bright and beautiful yellow. 'Why are my eyes doing this?'

It's been like this for 3 months already but this is the first time it's been bad like this. Plus my wrist was burning too. I am a human, why are my eyes changing colors?

Mr. Doom comes back and Daemon comes behind him. I hurry and put my sunglasses on. I feel Mr. Doom's hand on my shoulder, he then says, "Please take Ms. Nova outside and stay by her side until her father comes please, Mr. Moon."

Daemon says, "Okay I will." Mr. Doom says, "I will give you extra credit for the help." Mr. Doom then whispers in my ears, "Please tell your father to call me ASAP," and I nod. Daemon picks me up. He says, "I will carry her so it can be easier." Mr. Doom says, "Thank you again." The Daemon starts to walk.

He walks in silence. A lot of thoughts are running through my head and my wrist is burning like crazy. I am holding my expression, hoping he doesn't know that I am in pain. I feel the cool breeze and he puts me down on a bench.

He sat down next to me and we sat in silence. This was awkward for me and I bet it was for him too. He then breaks the silence and says, "Are you ok." I nod and say, "My eyes kind of hurt a little that's all." He then says, "That sucks, are you sure you're human. You know only aliens feel that pain."

I nod, "Yea I pretty sure, I am. If I wasn't then my father would have never told me. But I doubt it. It's probably because I rub them too much or something."

He sighs and says, "So, do you think we can still see each other at 5?" He really wants to hang out with me. "Yeah sure." He is silent for a while."I think your dad is here."

I then hear my dad, "Hey Dawn, you're ready?" I nod and he says, "Okay let's go." I nod at Daemon, looking down. He gives me a smile as his eyes turn white. My dad drives off so we can get to the house.

We sit in the car for 30 minutes until we got to our parking lot of our home. I put my sunglasses on, as we passed our alien neighbor. "Hello Mr. Green," my father waves to our purple skinned alien neighbor. Mr. Green looks up from watering his bright purple grass. Smiling, he waves back at us "Bello Mr. Nova, have a nice day." He looks towards me with a weird grin on his face that gets me uncomfortable. I look away quickly waiting from my father to open the door.

We get in the house and he closes the door. I take the shades off and look at the mirror. I can see my eyes are still a bright yellow. My dad says, "Dawn what happened?" Going to the kitchen to get a water bottle, I get a long swing of water looking at my dad. "It started hurting when the new guy was talking about himself."

My dad sits down, "What was he saying that triggered it. " I shrug, "I am not sure." My dad's legs start shaking and he says, "Are you ok, are you hurt." I lied and say, "Yeah, I am fine, it was just my eyes. Oh Mr. Doom said to call him." He nods and says, "Okay. Put on contacts so if it happens again, nobody will see."

I nod and go to the bathroom to put them on. 'What the fuck is happening to me' This has been happening for a while. Same thing with dreams. Ever since I started my college life it's been like that. Now I am in college, that has my dad coming to the school for medical problems. This is going to add more to the list of why I am getting bullied now. 'Fucking shit' I cursed in my head.

I come back and he is on the phone. I paused to eavesdrop the conversation. He says, "Yes she will come back now. Yes. Yes. She is fine. I will tell her soon, I am just not ready yet. I know she is 21 but, I am worried for her safety. Okay. All right, thank you. Bye."

'What does he mean by all of that' I thought with a frown. I take a small deep breath and walk out as if nothing happened. He looks towards at me and asks, "Are you ready to go back Dawn. I nod getting my backpack, just wanting to leave this space. He gets his keys and we drive back to the school.

The parks at in the parking lot of the school and he turns to me. He smiles and gently says, "Please be careful ok." Looking down, acting like I am checking if I have everything, I whisper, "Okay dad, see you at 7:00 today." He frowns a bit, "Actually I will be going on a trip with my job so I won't be here for a week."

I nod, "Have fun and stay safe." He smiles, "Thank you." I then left the car and ran inside the school. Well at least I will be alone at the house. Although....this has been happening a lot lately. My father doesn't really tell me about his job as much. I always wondered what he does for a living, but he just never tells me. Maybe I can find out today...

I checked my watch and it was my last class. I go to the class and knock. Hearing the instruments stop, Ms. Loom opens the door. She sees me and smiles. "Hello Dawn, how are you feeling?" I smile, "I am okay now, Auntie." She nods and says, "Ok go sit and get your book out." I nod and go to my normal seat at the back, looking down at my feet.

Ms. Loom says, "Okay so we will be singing today. Everyone gets a song ready." I look through my book and Ms. Loom comes to me. "I have a song you can sing, you will be the example, ok." I nod and she hands me the song sheet. She says to the class "By the way, the Alien History class will be here since the teacher isn't here." On cue we hear a knock. She says, "They are here." She smiles and says, "Welcome guys, you can sit over there, next to the instruments."

I see Rose, Daemon, and another guy talking with each other and I sighed. I knew it wasn't going to last. Rose has him wrapped around her fingers now, maybe I won't see him today. I am kind of happy that she at least got to him, he was a bit annoying with the whole following me and everything. I look towards at the other guy and he is looking at me. He comes to me and says, "Hello, you must be Dawn, my...best friend told me about you."

I smile and say, "Hello it is nice to meet you." He smiles "Same as well." I look at the guy and he looks like Daemon but with icy blue hair and purple eyes that will get you hypnotized in a second. I look away from his eyes, 'Wow, another handsome boy. Girls here are probably going crazy about them.' He smirks and takes my hand and kisses it, "My name is Luke and I think I like you." I look up confused.

Did he just say he likes me already? Yup, he is 100% a fuck boy, there is no way I am gonna like this guy. I hear Daemon say, "Luke!" Luke turns to him and Daemon frowns. Luke smiles and says, "I will be with Dameon when he comes to see you, so see you then." He winks and walks towards Daemon and Rose.

So he has a friend that came with him too. I don't believe it at all. And the thing about him liking me, what was that about. Wait, I shouldn't trust that. But he sounded serious. But I also thought Simon was as well. And again....he probably a fuck boy, just like Simon.

I sigh 'I just want to go home honestly' I can see, Ms. Loom looking over at me, "Today we will have one singer and everyday we will have a different one. Our first singer is Ms. Nova." My stomach did a backflip from hearing my name. 'Well shit! If this day couldn't get any worse'

I look up at Ms. Loom with pleading eyes and she smiles. I get up and go to the center of the room. Ms. Loom says, "She will be singing a song." Everyone is clapping from the music class and the history class is whispering and laughing. I see Luke smiling at me and whisper something towards Daemon. Daemon frowns and gives him a stare. 'Stop, don't think about them, it's just a normal class day.' I take a deep breath and start singing.

My powerful voice flows in the room and people look at me in awe. Luke's face goes soft and has his eyes on me, like I was an angel. Daemon looked at me in awe.

I hear clapping from the whole classroom when I finish and I bow. Ms. Loom smiles and whispers in my ear, "Your great grandmother would be proud of you." I smiled and bowed to her. I walk back to my seat, not looking at anyone.

Ms. Loom looks at the clock and claps her hands together. "That will be all for today, your assignment is to choose a song to sing. If you want to do a duet you can, and remember there is a play that anyone can join in. Class dismissed."

I get my stuff and walk past Daemon, Luke and Rose. Daemon is smiling at me and says, "See you in 2 hours." Luke smirks and winks at me which makes Daemon frown. I nod and see Rose giving me the side eye. "You did amazing, Dawn," she says giving me a small smile. I give her a small thank you and hurried off and went to my locker. 'What was that look for' I thought as I get my house keys and my walking shoes on.

'I am really ready to go home so I can nap his out, that guy still wants to hang out so at least I have to take a small nap.' I then said goodbye to the teachers and started to walk home thinking about my lovely, soft bed.

0