Chapter 034- Inquiry
236 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---One Piece World---

 

(With Kagami Uchiha)

 

"Fleet Admiral, you have summoned me?" Kagami gave a respectful salute before asking.

 

"Yes, I did. First, let me congratulate you for being chosen as one of the Admiral Candidate. As long as you work hard and get enough merits, I am sure you will be able to become an Admiral in the next few years." Fleet Admiral Sengoku congratulated Kagami on his fast rise through the ranks.

 

"The reason for me summoning you from your post is because I want to ask you something. Recently, we have discovered an island filled with powerful inhabitants in the second part of the Grandline."

 

"After our investigation, we have came to the conclusion that the master of the island should have similar level of power as an admiral. The most worrying thing is that it looks like a military settlement rather than an empire or town."

 

"Even though we have small amount of power in the Grandline, the government doesn't want a rise of another hostile power comparable to those pirates that are now being called 'Yonko'. So, they want to pull them in to the side of the World Government if possible."

 

"The reason for me telling you all these is because some of the powers that you use looks very similar to them. Specially, that technique of yours which lets you walk on water, the spies of the government has seen them using that too."

 

"So I want to ask you, do you have any connection with them?" Sengoku asked in a serious voice.

 

"Yes, I do. Not only do I have connection with them, I actually came from that island." Kagami said it without any intention of hiding.

 

The fact that he has been called here to be asked this kind question, it proves that Sengoku already confirmed somehow that he has a connection with that group of people. If he now lies here, he will loose all his credibility and become a big suspect of being a spy or something.

 

He might not get demoted right away because of this but his future career will get blocked and he will slowly be driven away from the central positions of the marine.

 

Not to mention, telling the truth wouldn't bring him or Konoha any kind of kind at all. Because Sarutobi has already planned to have some kind cooperative relationship with the government until he manages to get powerful enough to disregard them without worrying about any consequences.

 

Sengoku was quite satisfied with Kagami's answer since he didn't bother to hide his origin from him.

 

"Is that so? Then I have some questions for you. I hope you will answer truthfully. Can you tell me the reason for the people of your island to hide from the world for so long? As long as the world government is concerned, they don't have record of your kind at all." Sarutobi asked.

 

"That's because of a prophecy made by our ancestors. As you might have already known from my profile, I am a ninja. We ninjas have a special power using which we can perform many techniques that might be impossible for normal people to even fathom."

 

"One of our ancestors managed to reach a very high level where he could even predict some of the future of the world. He made a prophecy before his death saying that we will have to hide from the world for thousand years. If we don't do that, a calamity will struck upon us that would make our kind totally vanish from this world."

 

"That's why in order to avoid genocide of our kind, we decided to totally close down our border and not contact the outside the world at all. Now that the thousand years have passed, we finally dared to came out of that island and venture into the world." Kagami said in a unhurried manner.

 

"That makes sense." Sengoku believed this story to be true. After all, prophecy isn't something unknown to him. When he travelled to the fisherman island in the past, he has seen a women who can do divination. Along with the calm and unhurried face of Kagami while talking to him has already managed to make him believe his words to be truth.

 

"I understand. I have one more question for you Kagami. I know it is not good for me pry into your kind's secret. But as a Fleet Admiral, I have a duty to collect all the information I can get about a potential power who can become the enemy of the navy in the future. So, I want you tell me about the power structure of your kind living in that island?" Sengoku asked.

 

'This is my last test for you, Kagami. The question that I asked shouldn't be too hard for you to answer as I didn't ask you some core secrets like how to train a ninja or something. Your answer will determine your loyalty to the marine' Sengoku secretly thought in his heart.

 

"Since I have decided to join the Marine, I will try my best to answer all the question that Fleet Admiral has. As long as the questions aren't too sensitive that would risk my homeland, I will not hide anything. Even though I like doing Justice to the people by joining Marine, I can't betray my homeland either. I am sure Fleet Admiral could understand this feeling." Kagami said.

 

"About your question, the home land that we live in is known as Konoha. There are total three official ranking among the ninjas living there. That are Genin, Chunin and Jonin. Outside of these, there is another official title called Kage. Generally, all the ninjas that has managed to cross the barrier of Jonin can be categorized as Kage. But the title is only given to the strongest of the ninjas that becomes our leader."

 

"Our current leader is someone named Sarutobi. I can't clearly say how powerful he is because I never managed to defeat him. But from my observation, he should not be more powerful than you." Kagami finished his explanation.

 

"I see. Thank you for your cooperation, Kagami. I have another request for you. That is, I want you to make a detailed report about this island and give it to me within a week. Of course, you don't have to give any sensitive information if you don't want to but I want all the general information in that report." Sengoku said as he emphasized on the fact of not wanting any confidential information in order to not burden Kagami and totally push him away.

 

After all, Kagami is very talented and has the potential to become a pillar of the marine in the future. So unless necessary, Sengoku doesn't want to totally push him away.

 

'From his answers, it is clear that he is loyal to the Marine. During his mission in the past, he always showed a righteous heart and performed his tasks with justice. Even the government spies couldn't find any dirt on him during his time in the marine. Well, it's decided, as long as he doesn't do any major mistake any future, I will recommend his as an Admiral to the five elders.' Sengoku thought in his heart.

 

"Then I will take my leave, Fleet Admiral sengoku." Kagami Uchiha respectfully said before leaving the office in an unhurried manner. Even though he is quite eager to inform Sarutobi about today's conversation, he doesn't want to leave any clue by acting anxious.

8