Chapter 10- Who Said The Perfect Worker Doesn’t Exist
744 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having made up his mind to buy monsters and tools to complete the job, Hank didn’t waste any time as he immediately opened up the system’s shop menu.

 

“Ohh! That’s new.” Blurted out Hank as he saw the new features of the monster menu. 

 

When he first opened the system’s shop monster menu, he had just reached level one including the system shop.

 

At that time, what appeared before him when he opened the monster menu was a list of monsters with their descriptions along with their images.

 

However, now that he had reached level 10 and the system shop had also reached level 2, the monster menu seemed to have changed. 

 

Instead of a list of monsters and their descriptions, more than six new icons appeared in front of him when he opened the monster menu with the names of what they represented beneath them. From left to right they were artisans, Construction workers, Miners, thinkers, Fighter, scouts, Mages, etc. 

 

Looking at these new icons within the monster menu, Hank couldn’t help but be surprised. At the same new information about these icons came streaming into his consciousness. 

 

Well, even without that information, Hank already had an idea about the meanings behind these words and news icons. Simply put, they were professions of all the monsters found within each designated folder or icon.

 

For example, all the monsters or creatures found within the miners' folder were creatures that were extremely adept at digging tunnels and also using explosives like most miners. 

 

Monsters found within the fighters folder were all brave and powerful warriors while the ones found within the artisan folder were skilled in trades, especially ones that involved making things by hand, etc. 

 

Technically, a monster or creature's job class has no effect on which jobs it performed; what matters were its job preferences. The job class was merely a descriptor, used for the type of its most prevalent job.

 

In other words, just because a monster had miner job class didn’t mean that he couldn’t fight. It might not be as adept or powerful as a fighter class monster but it could still defend itself.

 

“This is a really good feature and it also came at the right time.” Said Hank with a satisfied tone.

 

Indeed, this was an amazing new feature. Before, he planned on buying some strong monsters and forcing them to dig the tunnels of the maze. It didn’t matter if they were scouts or fighters. 

 

However, with this new feature, he didn’t have to. He now knew where to find some amazing fighters, scouts, and miners if he wanted. He didn’t need to blindly choose and hoped for the best. 

 

Even though he wanted to explore all the folders to see what kinda monsters were in each one of them, he suppressed his urge and went straight to the miners' folder. Time was of the essence.

 

Right now, he needed monsters that could dig tunnels and there was no better candidate than the miners. They were pros when it came to digging tunnels. 

 

Soon as Hank opened the miner's folders, a list monster appeared in front of him.

 

[Imp: Also known as master tunnelers, they were among the few creatures that could expand and maintain a dungeon, including digging, claiming land, installing traps, moving dead or unconscious bodies, etc. They do these tasks free of charge, and their labor is never interrupted by fatigue, sleep, or hunger. Price: 30 mana unit]

 

“Holy shit! Who said the perfect worker doesn't exist.” Hank exclaimed surprised after he was done reading the information about the monster known as Imp.

 

“Not only these dudes are perfect but they are also cheap and were low-maintenance as well.” Hank couldn't think of a better worker (slave) than that. They were basically like machines. 

 

“Let me calm down and check the others.” He said as tried to calm himself down before scrolling down. 

 

[Skeletal Miners: Although not as strong as the Imps, these skeletons also don’t need sleep, food, or get tired. Armed with pickaxes, they are known to be excellent tunnelers. Price: 15 Mana unit]

 

“Good! Good!” Hank was beyond happy at this moment. He was truly pleased with what he was reading. 

 

[Goblin Miners: Unlike their compatriots, goblin miners are goblins who have chosen to work in the gloomy and trepid mines instead of living a life of slaughters. Their pickaxes were their most prized possession. Unlike Imps and Skeletal miners, goblins miners require sleep, food, and rest. Price: 25 Mana Unit.]

 

The lists went on and on about creatures that were extremely adept in mining and digging tunnels. However, out of all of them, only the Imp got Hank’s attention. 

 

None of the creatures below were able to match them. Some were all scarily weak and also high-maintenance. As such, Hank didn't waste his time reading the rest.

 

“Let's see, if I want things to get done quickly, I'll need at least ten Imps. And this will cost a whopping 300 mana units.” 

 

Even though the Skeletal miners were cheaper than the Imps while having almost the same qualities, they were weaker than the Imps. As such, Hank preferred the Imps.

 

“Well, I can't be stingy, my life is on the line.” He said as he clicked one purchase option mentally.

 

“How many? Ten of course.” He added as he wrote the number of Imp he wanted to buy.

 

As soon as he was done, Hank suddenly felt a large amount of mana being drained from his core at an incredible speed. At the same time, a small portal appeared in front of his core as ten small humanoid creatures walked out from them.

 

They were about three feet tall and had red skins. They each had pair of goat-like horns protruding out of their forehead and a scorpion-like tail. They kinda reminded Hank of the character Hellboy, but like a tiny version of him. 

 

Aside from that, they were all carrying pickaxes about as tall as them. Not only that but some of them were also equipped with a shovel strapped to their backs, lengths of rope, and what looked like a rock hammer. Funnily, they were all dressed in miners' outfits. 

 

Name: N/A

Race: Imp

Strength: 15 || Agility: 17 || Intelligence 3 || Stamina: ???.


Skills: Dig, Crush, Traps installment, Excavator, Collector, Pickaxing, Night Vision, Mining Bomb.

 

“So that's how Imps look like. They seemed to have come prepared as well. They also have some pretty good skills.” Said Hank as he was looking at the ten small humanoid creatures who were standing in front of his core, looking at him with a look of reverence on their faces.

 

Though they all had a submissive and reverent look on their faces on their first meeting, Hank didn't look the least bit surprised about it. That's because he controlled their life and death. With a single thought, he could obliterate all of them and they also knew that. They were practically his possession. 

 

‘Alright, there's no time to waste I want five of you to finish the tunnel I was digging and the other five to start digging another tunnel on the opposite side.’ Instructed Hank telepathically as he sent a mental image of the tunnel size. 

 

As if they were waiting for this order, the ten small Imps suddenly formed two groups of five and excitedly ran towards the exit.

13