Chapter 19
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akame was in a bind. But not all was bad as the wicked lady was keeping Weneg at bay. Make no mistake, they weren't working together. Akame was just using the situation to find the right moment to attack.

When she thought she'd found it, Weneg received a terrible blow to the head by the tricky tail. It looked very vicious. The barbs along the tail had done their job.

Things were going nicely, in the direction Akame was hoping. Let the enemies tire themselves out so she could finish it. A good assassin seeks exploits.

Suddenly, black hieroglyphs appeared on Weneg's skin—like an invincible person was painting them with a brush.

They gave off the last blink. With it, roared the wicked girl with her snout up. An identical wound had in an instant appeared.

But as the mindless beast she was, she continued attacking despite getting the attacks sent back.

When it seemed like a winner had been decided, behind Weneg, Akame whipped that katana vertical. The force cut into his skin until—

**Cling!**

Before she could slice his body in two, Weneg positioned his body so the blade would be obstructed by a strong shield.

The wicked girl's tough scales saved Weneg.

Despite standing sandwiched, Weneg grinned at Akame. It brought a bad premonition that was spot on.

Unexpectedly, his mouth burst open and breathed fiery fire. But being so close, made Akame able to be quick and dodge.

Weneg discovered something when he activated his curse. 'Huh? The cut's not healing? That sword is special. It makes me unable to recover.'

While she was bending back over, the fire's intensity decreased as a slicing wound opened from the inside on the side of her stomach.

"I got you now stupid girl!" Exclaimed Weneg as he thrust his monster hand like a spear.

It was just, that Akame brought out a surprise. She gained a sudden strength boost as she dodged and followed with a chain of counterattacks.

It all went so fast that she made a mistake and went for Weneg's neck. The katana stopped just short before doing any major damage.

Because all the wounds she had just inflicted on Weneg were transferred to her.

"Where is this sudden strength coming from?"

The answer revealed itself to him.

"Sister. You can do it!!"

Akame's missing sister had appeared cheering on the 2nd floor.

She didn't have to explain, but it warmed Akame's heart, so she did, "My little sister cheered me on!"

The fight had just reached its highest peak. Spirits and stakes were high as ever.

When it suddenly increased many folds.

Out of the corner of her eye. Behind her cheering little sister, appeared a Gravekeeper without her realizing.

Akame's blood went cold. The world was crumpling like a shattering vase. The breeze going around in this big room, felt like it was sharper than any sword as it cut her patience and tough exterior into pieces.

She ignored Weneg and left him behind as she charged forward in a furious hurry, "Watch out Kurome!!!"

At the lowest point of despair. When she thought she would lose the single thing she holds dearest.

The sound of the wind whistling was heard from Kurome's side and bound the man that appeared.

Akame's teammates appeared one after another. Green was holding onto the other end of the whip with dear life. His bloody hands had wet the handle and made it harder than ever.

But he was determined. This monster must not interrupt Akame's fight!

"This is the last chance. Take your whip back! I don't know if you are Group of Terror or Elite Seven. Whatever, we're not enemies."

Green didn't listen at all. If he'd not been a loves-truck fool, then he would have seen this person was wearing the Empire's black military uniform. Albeit it was heavily modified to tropical weather.

"As if I would trust you!"

With the tense of muscles, the prisoner escaped the bind as his body burst with fire—blue ones.

This had happened before, the situation was quickly reversed as Haco yanked the whip back with a talon. Green had already prepared to let go this time, but his timing was off. The force dragged him forward and before he could solve his standing, Haco kneed him in the face. Right in the center of his glasses.

What was left of them, the shards, ended in his forehead as he fell.

As Green hit the ground, the sound of a gun going off traveled the room.

It was a gunshot to Haco's head coming from a shadow around the corner. The blue flames had just managed to make the barrel visible, so Haco could read the trajectory.

He continued doing so when a short girl stepped out and kept pulling the trigger. The recoil made her execrated curvaceous figure bounce as she felt unconvinced.

After having missed the last shot, another girl appeared gripping a sword-size butcher knife with two hands, ignoring her naked upper body. Rips of clothing could be seen around the torso.

Unconcerned—no wrong.

Haco was extremely concerned about the safety of one person.

He had not initially seen her as he was looking at the barrel of a gun. Turning around, the clear badge on his uniform was clearly exhibited to Akame.

She called out to her friends, "Stand back. Look at his jacket!"

Before she could recognize him as an ally, she got confused at the hard-boiled wrath being sent her way.

As he jumped off the 2nd floor and glided down. The rest of the kids were also infected soon after.

The wicked girl was in a bad condition. Her transformation had been undone and clear signs of internal damage were painted purple on her tanned body.

Standing beside, the comparison of their feet was so different. Haco's was small, or the wicked girl was a descendant of a giant.

"How did you survive?" Weneg had stopped fighting physically. Instead, he was pushing down the shock of being Haco, here. Not dead.

Ignoring the question, Haco instead asked, "Did you do this to Nenet? Or maybe you did?" while he gave Akame a short murderous glance. It returned to Weneg.

"She got lost in the Secret Art, so she did that to herself."

Weneg wasn't scared of Haco. But the situation seemed very unfavorable to him, with too many enemies in front. He tried hard to fight the shock of Haco's transformation—which should have been impossible.

Only by breeding and birthing offspring, can their blood be evolved. That was common sense.

He ignored his desire to know the secret Haco had, or so he accused internally. And backed off to a nearly unnoticeable outline in the wall—

—when abruptly he stopped.

Haco summoned fire in his palm and pushed it down on Nenet's head.

'Has he gone mad!? He's burning her alive.' is what Weneg thought would happen.

Instead of turning into ashes, it seemed to revive a good complexity on the girl's beaten face at first. Before, Haco waved his hand over her body which fire and baptized the rest of the body with it.

When the fire died, Haco did something he forgot before. He measured her pulse and felt reassured.

'I wasn't sure if it would work, but I still have a friend it seems…'

The world would be lonely without, had it not worked. He'd never tried healing another person before. Although the healing wasn't as effective as on a fly, it did its job.

But the notion it wouldn't work at all was terrifying.

As the blue fire died, a new ignited—inside Haco's vengeful heart.

Release days will now be on Mondays. Sorry for the late heads up.

If you want more, you should check out my Pa..treon.

0