Chapter 3 Frost
213 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you ok?," Izuku asked as he rushed to the woman's side. The woman was panicked as she replied, "My husband is still back there! Please help him, he tried to protect me and now he's hurt really badly!"

Izuku's eyes widened as he remembered the villain saying something about another man trying to protect her. "I need you to lead me to him so I can help," as soon as izuku said this, the lady immediately got to her feet and ran further down the alley making a couple turns until she arrived near the entrance.

Far enough away from the street that he wouldn't be noticed until morning was a man with light brown hair, a rough plain face and stubble lining his chin area was lying unconscious, bleeding from various wounds on his body. Izuku was appalled at the sight of the bloody man but immediately set to work on looking for a pulse. 

It took a while but although it was faint, there was a pulse. "He's alive but we need to get him medical help quick or it won't stay that way," as Izuku said this the woman started to pull out her phone when he stopped her.

"No, if we wait for paramedics he won't make it. The hospital is a good mile or so away so I'll carry him there. I'm fast enough that I could arrive quickly. You're injured too so hop on my back," Izuku was sure he could make it in time as he had feeling he hadn't even come close to reaching his top speed.

The lady looked a little hesitant before nodding her head and getting on his back. Izuku picked up the man and made sure to get a firm grip on him.

"I'll make sure to get you guys there safe and sound so there is no need to worry," Izuku said, but internally he was worrying. 'What if I don't make it in time and he dies? No don't think about that, just focus on getting him there alive," as these thoughts swirled around his head he leaped from wall to wall, careful not to display that he could walk on them. Landing on the roof he broke into a run, jumping from building to building and not stopping for anything.

He quickly started picking up speed and the wind whipped around his face as he focused solely on his goal. Meanwhile the lady on his back was shocked at his speed. Sure compared to other heroes it wasn't that fast but he was still going about the speed a car would go on average. It wasn't long before he arrived on top of the Musutafu Hospital.

"Here we are, make sure to get him inside and that both of you are treated," as he said this he had already jumped off the roof and I to the distance. "Wait! I didn't get to thank you," she said in vain as he was already too far away to hear.

Back with Izuku, he was quiet as he ran back to the orphanage. 'I actually just beat a villain, but someone was hurt badly and I don't know if he will survive. On the bright side I know she will live, that man was scum. He's probably awake now, in my haste to get those two to safety I forgot to call the police on them. I saved people today but I need to do better,' many thoughts ran through his as headed to the orphanage.

His mind went to images of what would or could have happened if he had t been there. 'No, I won't let something like that happen to someone,' Izuku gritted his teeth, he now knew what he needed to do.

When he got to the orphanage Izuku had already removed the bedsheets from his person and snuck in through his bedroom window. Upon looking around his room he spotted his bookbag laying by the side of his desk. 'I was so distracted by my newfound powers, I forgot my bag this morning. That doesn't matter now, let's get to work,' while thinking Izuku took a separate notebook for inventions and a pencil out of his book bag.

Turning on his desk lamp and opening the notebook, he started to sketch. 'If I'm going to be a vigilante I'm going to need two costumes, one for vigilante work and another as my official hero costume when I get into UA. This also means I can't display any of my powers that could be linked back to me when I reveal them at UA,' he sketched with a mad fury, his pencil never leaving the paper as his thoughts.

'From what I can tell I can't shoot webs, either that or I haven't found out how to yet, which makes sense because not all spiders spin webs. I don't know how yet but I'm going to have to make some for my hero suit. As for my vigilante suit, either a grappling hook or a whip would make a good substitute for webs,' Izuku thought and drew down his Ideas all night long. Tomorrow he would put them into practice.

The sun shone on a drooling green haired teen, waking him from his slumber. Rubbing his eyes, Izuku lazily looked at the clock before his eyes went wide. 'I'm late! Why did I forget to set my alarm clock,' he shot off his desk and grabbed a fresh school uniform.

After putting on his shoes Izuku rushed out the door, grabbing his bookbag on the way and stuffing his notebook inside. He was a bit too fast and put a dent on his doorknob, but it was otherwise okay. As soon as he was outside he took the alleyways running as fast as he could.

He made it to class just as the bell rang for first period, when he was in sight of the school he made sure to run at an average quirkless pace and pretended to be out of breath.

'I made it! After school I need to get materials and it can't be anything from dumpsters or junkyards, this is what's going to protect me after all,' he sat down and waited for class to start as he thought this.

During class... Izuku's head slumped against his desk as the teacher droned on. 'This is boring, I already know every thing the teacher is talking about. Maybe I should graduate early, at least then I could focus on training for UA and vigilante work,' the teacher's voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"Mr. Midoriya since I see you've been paying so much attention to my class, why don't you come up and answer this next problem?," as the teacher talked Izuku sighed as he got, knowing the teacher was singling him out for his supposed lack of a quirk.

'Since he called me up her with the intent to make fun of me, it wouldn't be right of me to not humiliate him,' he reached the blackboard as he thought this. Picking up a marker he looked at the algebra equation and was able to answer it in seconds, much to the shock of the teacher and students. Izuku had never tried to to show off his intellect before so no one knew how smart he really was.

'This was too easy, I do harder equations everyday while making gadgets,' he walked back to his seat while letting out a yawn. Sitting down he rested his head on the desk and slept the rest of the day with his last thoughts being,'It's decided, I'm going to graduate early so I can focus on more important things.'

Izuku woke up to the ring of the bell, signaling the end of class. Grabbing his bookbag and hurrying out the door Izuku went on his phone to check his bank account. One good thing about the orphanage is it provided a monthly allowance of seven thousand, one hundred and twenty eight yen or about fifty dollars in US currency. He also made extra money by fixing other people's technology and rarely used any money that he got, preferring to save it up.

After saving for so long, Izuku had amassed a small fortune of about two thousand dollars in US currency.

'I can't get anything fancy for my vigilante costume, probably nothing more than spandex, but the gadgets I can spend some money on. As for my hero suit, I don't want to spend money on webbing materials until I've had time to experiment and perfect that technology,' as he thought that Izuku had made it out of sight of the school and immediately began to run.

The store he was going to was just a couple blocks from the residential area or a good jog away from the school. A couple minutes later Izuku was standing in front of a shop staring at a sign that said 'Mai's Clothing Design'. It was a small store that sold all kinds of fabrics for sewing.

Entering the store Izuku walked to the fabrics and automatically located the fabrics and picked a couple of the tougher ones. In the end he decided against spandex and other form fitting fabric because it would attract too much attention, something that he wanted to avoid as a vigilante.

After grabbing a few of the more durable cloths and by durable he means they would tear less easily than other fabric, Izuku made his way to the register with a smile on his face. He didn't get a sewing machine because he already had one. Turns out being a fanboy involves making replicas of hero outfits, at least that was the case for him.

The lady at the counter looked surprised that a teenage boy would be interested in sewing and he noticed this. "It's for my grandmother, she really loves to sew and I wanted to gift her something for her birthday," Izuku replied nonchalantly.

At those words the confusion vanished from her face and a gentle smile replaced it,"It's nice that you're so thoughtful, not many people are as considerate as you nowadays.". He returned the smile with one of his own," well what can I say, family is important. They are the only people guaranteed to be with you. This is the least I could do for them." The reason the lady did not recognize him was that he frequents a different store, this is the first time he shopped for fabrics here.

After scanning and paying, Izuku talked with her a bit more before deciding to leave to the next store. This time he took a taxi to get there as he didn't want to run to the other side of town.

When he got there he walked in and looked around in awe. It was a techno nerd's dream, parts for various technologies lined shelves,various wiring tools were visible in the back corner of the store, basically anything a gadget nerd could need he could find here. 

Trying not to visibly freak in front of all this stuff, Izuku walked around and gathered what it was he needed. He then made his way to the payment counter and set it down to be bought. Circuit boards, wires and a bunch of other stuff were visible in the pile. Upon paying for his stuff, he sighed at seeing his expenses for the day.

'So expensive, but it was worth it. I don't want to do vigilante work with potentially faulty equipment, that could get me killed,' he rationalized his spending in his head as he returned himself to the orphanage. When he got back everyone was asleep. Since he had no quirk no one in the orphanage cared where he was or when he came back. He could be dead in a ditch for all they cared.

Entering his room, Izuku immediately started to set his stuff up. After getting things set up he immediately got to work on his costume. Grabbing some cloth he turned on the knitting machine and started to put the suit together.

And those were how his days went by, with Izuku going to school and coming back only to shut himself in his room to work on his costume. He had also talked to the principal about taking the test to graduate early. He was able to take the test, but it would be a lot harder than the standard graduation test. After all, it's not easy to graduate early. 

Days later, a tired but happy Izuku was holding a finished costume up proudly. With white cargo pants that contained quite a few pockets and a white shirt with a long sleeved white coat, the suit seemed to be styled in quite a militaristic manner. The more unique parts to his uniform would be the white cloak and mask in a bandana style that would cover his face.

It was a rather simple design for a costume and he did have prior experience being a fanboy trying to make replica costumes of other heroes. 'Hmm, it seems to be missing something,' he started to think of what it could be missing when a lightbulb went off in his head. Walking over to a closet, he opened it to reveal the many replica hero costumes he had and took a black utility belt off one of them.

It has belonged to a lesser known hero, Eagle Eye from some of the earliest generation of heroes. His quirk gave him excellent aiming capabilities when it came to throwing projectiles, so he kept quite the collection of shurikens in his utility belt.

Izuku attached the utility belt to his uniform and admired the end result. It looked very good and would do until he receive his true hero costume when he entered UA. 'Next I have to create gadgets that allow me to do my job easier, that will take even longer as I don't want them to malfunction on the field,' as Izuku thought this he started to wonder what kind of gadgets would be good for him.

They had to be as far from his actual powers as possible in order to prevent anyone from finding out he was a vigilante, that would most likely prevent him from getting into UA. Looking at the color scheme of the costume he got an idea.

Acting on the idea he immediately went to his desk and started to put down the schematics on to paper. Everything needed to be accounted for if this was going to work.

A couple days later, Izuku was out on Dagoba Beach once again to test out his new gadgets. The first thing he took out was a grapple gun. Aiming it at a truck, he shot and it struck true. Pressing one of two buttons on the handle it started to retract, pulling him over.

He decided to try out the secondary feature he added to the grapple gun and shot it at a pile of papers, this time pressing the second button on the handle. Instead of retracting this time, electricity danced across the cable and to the stack of papers as it caught fire. Izuku jumped around excitedly as his gadget had worked in the way it was supposed to, but he wasn't finished yet.

Anxiety filled him as he hoped his new gadget would work. This was the one that was going to define the vigilante version of him, So he had spent days going over the calculations of how to get this to work.

Taking out a shiny metal ball and pressing a button on it, the device began to blink a bright neon blue. Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself. 'Well, here goes nothing,' Izuku thought as he threw the ball towards the fire with all he had.

Landing with a this and rolling a little bit landed right next to the stack of burning papers, blinking faster and faster before it stopped with a bang. Most encased the area around the fire and when it cleared, Izuku could see the papers frosted over with ice.

The fire was stopped so fast it's shape had been perfectly preserved in the crystalline fragments of the ice. Jumping with joy and glee at the device working in the proper manner, Izuku's thoughts were running wild, 'It worked, it worked, oh my gosh I can't believe it actually worked. This is great, now I just need to make some more and I can start on my work as a vigilante. The world will know me as the Winter Soldier, Frost.'

"Oh my gosh that was amazing! How did you manage to make those babies?!," an overexcited female voice shouted, startling him into a panic. Unbeknownst to him, someone had been watching him that whole time. 'Great, I get caught before I get the chance to do any vigilante work, good going Izuku. What do I do now?,' Izuku thought as he frantically tried to think of how he could get out of this mess he found himself in.

16