Chapter 3: Trying To Accept
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I grew up being treated like I wasn't human"

I couldn't tell what was going through Lydia's head, maybe she was just listening to me to calm me down.

It's difficult for them as it is for me, I mean, I transmigrated from another world, and the Marquis lost his precious daughter, I can't say his feelings are shared by the maids, but they still have to deal with the sadness of their master.

"My Lady, I know everything seems confusing to you, I will notify the doctor about your 'memories', please eat something and rest,don't hold back calling me if you need something"

Ha, I probably looked out of my mind.

I couldn't taste the succulent dish of steak as my mind wandered elsewhere, but if I noticed how tender and flavourful that piece of meat was I would probably start to cry, it was definitely something I wouldn't be able to even lay my eyes on in my past life.

I am alone.

I didn't decide to be here, this is not where I belong.

Do I even have a place to call home?

I didn't have any choice but to adapt to this new world, I felt uneasy and completely out of place.

I really have nothing to lose, if I'm going to get killed by Alastor at least I can enjoy my days before the execution.

I finish the plate, not noticing how all that nervousness made me hungry, I get up to take back the empty plate, barefoot, in a nightgown like an idiot, remembering that I have no clue where the kitchen was and I could've just called a maid.

I kept walking, it was the perfect opportunity to look around, no?

Every inch of this mansion was beautiful.

The white cold tiles glittered at the contact of the sunlight, and artwork was displayed in every inch, I admired the mosaic vases, sculptures from which two caught my eye.

One sculpted a man with both of his hands holding onto a sword, his gaze was low, his expression sour. On his chest, there was a jewel, colored like fresh crimson blood. The other was a female version of the statue of the man.

In between them, there was an open door, I could see all the shelves full of books, driven by curiosity I forget the original purpose of leaving my new room and I immediately find myself looking through the library.

I loved reading.

During my search of finding the perfect romance novel, I get interrupted by an astonished knight.

"My Lady!" his face looked redder than my hair.

"Hm? Do you need something?"

"What are you doing here, in a nightgown?! My Lady, you must go to the dressing room and change!"

He takes the jacket of his uniform off and puts it on my shoulder trying to cover up my pajama, it was literally like a long dress, with no cleavage on display, it was pretty modest, I didn't see anything to be embarrassed about.

"I-I will take you to your dressing room, M-My Lady"

His embarrassment was almost adorable, but I couldn't deny how handsome he was: silver locks with ocean eyes.

"Alright, alright"

"Huh? What is a plate doing here?"

"Ehm, I'm sorry, I wanted to take it back to the kitchen and I got lost"

Cazzo, I completely forgot about the plate.

"Don't worry My Lady, I will have a made pick it up"

Wouldn't be quicker If I went to the kitchen with his help instead of calling a maid?

I still accept his advice and follow him to the dressing room.

"I will wait for you at the door, My Lady, in case you don't get lost again"

"Alright, thank you" I smile.

There were dresses of every color and style:

laces, off-shoulder, chiffon, sweetheart neckline, long, short.

Every dress that existed in this world was there, in that enormous wardrobe.

They looked like those dresses that you only see on models of famous brands during a runaway show for the collection of the season.

A group of maids, lead by Lydia swarm inside like bees, ready to make me look more presentable.

"My Lady! Would you like an azure or a claret dress?"

"What about a violet one?"

"No, what if its-"

"Guys! I don't know what to pick, just put me in something please"

Sigh

I didn't know picking something to wear would be this difficult.

"Girls! Let's prepare Our Lady and stop the chatting! I will give directions"

"On your orders, Lydia!"

"…"

I don't know whether to laugh or not.

"Ptf- Hahahahahah"

Suddenly all the maids started to stare at me as if they saw a monster.

"Cough, cough" Lydia clears her throat

"Should we start then?"

With the passion of Lydia and the other maids, I became a doll: I wore a long two-piece, an olive green gown on top of a puff-sleeved blouse, a brown bowtie to the collar decorated with a yellow jewel engraved in a brooch, a pair of earrings to match, chocolate stiletto court heels with an ankle strap, my red hair secured with big snow color ribbon.

I looked stunning.

"My Lady, I heard from Sir Noah that you went to the library"

She must be talking about the knight.

"Oh yes! I was trying to find the kitchen to put my plate back, but…I got lost..hehe"

I scratch my cheeks trying to ignore how I made an ass of myself.

"My Lady…"

Lydia looked exasperated and desperately held her hand away from her forehead, I know how badly she wanted to facepalm at my stupidity.

"Oh, Lydia, at the entrance of the library there were two statues, they had a jewel on their chest, do you perhaps know who they are?"

"They are Lord and Lady Vinèyard during the-"

"During the Founding Era! Such an amazing piece of history about Cairon!"

"Cough, cough, Sir Noah could you not interrupt my explanation?"

"Don't worry Lydia, Sir Noah, could you continue? Your eyes started to shine when talking about them"

I chuckle at his excitement.

"How could I not be enlivened if we are talking about them?! They protected our ancestors from those monsters!"

"Monsters, are you talking about the monsters that appeared hundreds of years ago?"

"Yes! The Dark Devils!"

1