Chapter 3: Meeting God (1/3)
2.4k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a very vast and majestic space.

Ren woke up from the deep sleep he was in. His body refused to move, however, as if he had slept for a thousand years.

'Bed?' The sensation transmitted into his body was that of a heavenly bed, unlike anything he had ever gotten to enjoy.

He groggily opened his eyes to check the situation, and then his eyes looked at the beautiful starry sky above…

'Starry sky…?' His thoughts as he was looking around momentarily stopped upon noticing the stars lit up in the dark sky.

Various different colored hues moved around in the sky, illuminating the whole space as if they were sentient.

Where was he? This was the thought he was going through right at this moment.

'L-Last time weren't I trying to save my little sister?'

Brief thinking managed to rouse his dormant memories.

After his apartment building caught on fire, he had hurried back home running, ignoring the pain he was in due to having been searching for a job all morning.

His mother was saved shortly after, and his father was brought out not too long after.

This left his little sister still stuck inside the building, but he, for the first time in his life, grew selfless at that moment and bravely charged inside in an effort to rescue his sister.

'I succeeded!' A relieved smile made its way to his face, as he briefly felt proud.

He had saved his sister and only fell unconscious after he made sure they both were saved.

'But then what's going on here?' He tried talking but he just couldn't even utter the simplest of sounds. Not to mention that his eyes were the only things he could move at the moment.

The situation was getting more confusing by the second and he was starting to panic.

Time passed just like that, and Ren only had his thoughts to accompany him.

At first, he was panicking and tried to yell for help, but no one came.

And this led to him calming down after a while. After which he started to think about his life before this. How he had lived so far, what he had accomplished, his memorable moment when he tried to save his sister.

'This place is suspicious…'

He was starting to feel the reality of the situation. His body was injured badly, he saved his sister, and then he awoke in such a place. Seemingly in space among the stars.

In his mind, there were a few conjectures he reached.

Either this was a dream, which he really hoped it was. Or, it was reality, and he had somehow reached this place that may have been heaven.

Or maybe hell, if he can't even move or speak.

He had been an avid manga and novels reader and anime watcher; such situations like the one he was in, were not uncommon.

But he was also deeply hoping for this all to be him in a coma or something.

『You are finally awake my child』

All of a sudden, a melodic and ethereal voice rang in his ears. He couldn't even understand what he was hearing due to the effects it had on his body.

He felt like he was engulfed in a warm hug all around his body, as he suddenly felt like he could move his body and can speak again.

Nothing was visible to his eyes however even as he looked frantically around. As if no one was there.

"W-wh-at… ugh cough," Trying to speak again was painful as he started to cough violently.

Soon though, he had already adapted to talking and before he addressed the being who spoke to him, he checked his body instinctively as he felt like had been reborn.

He didn't want to make them wait, but it was just a strange feeling like you weren't in your own body.

『Take all the time you need,』The warm voice of the being came on its own.

And Ren felt like the being was gently smiling at him.

Still, he checked his body, which appeared to not change on the outside except for some minor changes like his height increasing, and his form getting leaner and full of condensed tight muscles.

(Check comment for mc pic)

Otherwise, his features remained the same, but the way he felt on the inside was as if his whole body was recreated from scratch.

Once again, he looked around himself trying to understand what was going on and who was the being who kept talking to him.

He found that he was now situated on top of a cloud-like energy that was floating in the space. This must be the 'bed' he had felt before.

"Who are you? And am I dead?" He asked. Even his voice somehow changed to his own ears.

But he felt like it was better than his soft voice from before.

『Such a thing is not important my child. And as you had guessed, you have passed away in your original world after your lungs were punctured by your ribs.』

Now that he was capable of controlling his body, he suppressed the joy he felt from hearing the voice and focused on the casual way it announced that he had died.

"I died…" He muttered as he felt an indescribable feeling all of a sudden.

The being kept quiet this time. As if to allow him time to himself.

But he had already thought about every possibility before, as such he was just struggling and unwilling to accept the situation due to his family that was left on the planet.

"If I died, then how am I here now?" He was vaguely sure that he was here physically rather than spiritually.

In other words, he felt like his body was here alive, instead of just being a soul.

He was squeezing his mind to think of various possibilities, from kidnapping him rather than him dying, to maybe that souls existed physically in this space.

『Interesting… To answer your question, this is indeed your new body, made from scratch to resemble the best body you could have had on your previous planet. But it is also wrong to assume that you have been like that from the start. In fact, your soul was the only thing in here for a long while, until you gained consciousness back a while ago, and I then helped you create your body.』The being was intrigued by his quick response.

This soul had been in her room all this while.

Thousands of years had passed, and she patiently left it alone not caring one bit and only going about fulfilling her duties.

Normally deceased souls would reincarnate, but somehow this one made it here, where it was normally impossible to reach.

They say karma would bring the fated to you… she had let it go at that thought.

But now this soul had awoken, so she helped it gain a body.

And she was even willing to help it reincarnate. Such was her nature, and she didn't expect anything in return, not that he could provide her anything due to how powerful she was.

But Ren somehow managed to intrigue her.

His thoughts were as easy to pick as a dropped spoon on the ground.

Ren who heard her words started to feel a bit of hope.

"T-then and I apologize for asking this after what you did for me, but can you send me back to my world? You must be god if you can recreate my body…" He asked her with desperate eyes.

It was rude, but it was his only hope.

*******************

Read advanced chapters ahead of the public release:

https://www.patreon.com/ThighsSeeker

44