Chapter 56: Irregular gate
803 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's an irregular gate Ren" Robin stated worriedly.

In front of them, there was this huge fissure in the sky, from which monsters were pouring through.

An irregular gate had opened up near a residential area.

'This is bad…' Robin was worried.

In this world, there were some superheroes who harnessed their powers and intellect and thus developed methods to predict when gates were going to open in an area or place.

This allowed them to prepare to better deal with the waves of monsters, and thus minimize the losses, and keep the people safe.

But, variables always existed.

Some gates, couldn't be predicted by them.

They were called the irregular gates.

But for Ren, such an occurrence didn't make him get nervous.

He wasn't being cocky or underestimating it, rather he was just trying to stay calm and make most of the situation. What use was it to panic?

"Don't worry, there would be many heroes going inside to take care of it," He assured her as he gave her a reassuring look.

To which she nodded.

But inside, she was feeling a deep sense of anger toward this gate.

'I can't let it repeat…' She thought to herself resolutely.

As to what it was, only she knew.

These types of gates were ones that can't be predicted, and their rank couldn't be calculated before encountering the boss.

Unlike the regular gates where they can calculate it even from outside, this one needed a party of heroes to meet the boss and determine its rank manually.

The reason for that was that the monsters can be of lower rank, but the boss can be of way higher status.

It had happened many times before, and those were sad days for all people around the world.

In one specific incident, it was determined that such a gate was only B rank, so they sent B ranks and A ranks inside of it, but it ended up being S rank, and everyone was… wiped out.

The casualties resulting from such a gate were astronomical…

From that point on, the lowest rank allowed to enter such a gate had become S.

That was why at this moment, Ren and Robin were determined to make sure nothing goes wrong with this gate.

If it overflowed completely, then the people would be in danger, and this area due to many people visiting would be in grave danger.

It would be a catastrophe.

Still, Ren, deep inside, wasn't too worried.

He was an S rank, and even though there was a possibility this gate could be higher and prove difficult, he and Robin were just going to buy time.

He didn't plan on entering, even though he felt robin would. If she did he would follow her 100%.

But they did have a trump card.

'Even in the off chance we can't run, there is always the teleport function'

'Let's just buy time until the others arrive,' Ren thought as he finally, along with Robin, reached the location of the gate.

He was confident they would come since such a gate warranted that.

It was an agreement among all agencies and sole hero organization. They would send their S ranks to deal with such a gate, otherwise, it would be a disaster.

He spread his haki around and took note of the situation.

A superhero was allowed to use his powers in public, and especially in situations like this right now.

As such, many people were helping right now.

They were trying to contain the situation and the few monsters that had got out so far.

Which wasn't many, but surprisingly they were all A rank.

The brown-skinned monsters appeared to Ren to be some sort of orc with horns on their heads had come out and started attacking the area.

Their form was big, and their smell was nauseating, to say the least. But they wore hide armors on them and had axes for weapons.

*Grah*

*Roar*

The ground shook at every step they made, and the civilians around were running wildly and panicking.

And the heroes who had reached to provide assistance similar to Robin and Ren were about five people.

Two girls and three guys.

The girl had a bow in her hand and she shot flaming arrows at the eyes of the orcs.

The arrows that were shot at the same time left a trail of lames on their path and went at an impressive speed.

*GUHHH*

Some of the orcs that were shot, would scream as their eyes burned and try to attack her but would be intercepted.

But other orcs raised their shields and stopped such attacks.

*Hiya*

One of the guys, who had turned into stone, or something similar to that, was going for close range, jumping and punching the much larger orcs and making them stagger.

He seemed like he was dealing good damage to them as they took him seriously.

He had another guy helping, and that guy carried with him a sword, that he was thrusting with elegance, but appeared to be enhancing his strikes either by wind or something similar.

Even his speed was impressive as he avoided their maces that were swung at him, with enough force to leave craters and fissures on the ground.

The third guy was a mage as far as Ren could tell.

He conjured water spears, fire arrows, and so on, much like the girl with her bow, and dealt damage from afar.

A single swish of his hand had the sky filled with an array of spells which were then launched at the orcs.

The last girl was sort of a surprise to Ren as he laid eyes on her.

'Tsuyu Asui!' She was a girl that he was very knowledgeable about.

She belonged to the 'My Hero Academia' franchise and was a hero in training along with the main character of that show.

As far as he remembered, she had frog-like abilities.

And he could see right now how she was using her extra long tongue that she could lengthen, to attack the orcs, to steal their weapons, and to take her fellow heroes out of harm's way.

Her kicks when she delivered them to the orcs, almost had as much intensity as the A rank who can turn into stone. It left the orcs staggering backward, and they had to guard their heads against her. Even then, when her kicks landed they would deal paralyzing poison damage from a poison that she can secrete.

But she played it safe and didn't get too close, choosing to jump around, relying on her speed to dodge and attack.

'Her ability seems similar, but stronger…'

The power she had in her legs as she jumped from one place to another was far above what he had expected.

He could guess she was almost A rank. Maybe on the verge of reaching that rank.

He was thinking that she was very strong for a character from MHA.

'This isn't the time to think about this though…'

He shook his head for now and didn't focus too much on her.

Her being here was truly a surprise, but it wasn't the time to focus on that. Still, it was good that she was helping right now.

Ren nodded at the heroes' teamwork, even though they weren't used to fighting with each other.

He concluded that this should be their first-time meeting, as they were still working to synchronize better, and due to the casual clothes they were wearing, which showed that they were just around the area in time, and moved to help the people.

"Robin, you take that side," Ren told her as the two immediately understood the situation due to their observation covering everything.

She nodded back at him.

*Fouish*

Wind power then carried him as he moved to help. His speed becoming much faster than the orcs due to his Ventus trait.

One orc that he saw, swung its weapon at him, a giant wooden ax that Ren was sure could harm him if he was using Haki.

A ranks weren't to be underestimated.

Ren kicked the ground jumping near the monster, and then swung his sword horizontally, sending an air blade and cutting its head off instantly.

They weren't to be underestimated, unless you were an S rank, that is.

Ren landed down on the ground and swung his sword to get rid of the blood.

He then ran to the next monster and from then on, he started cutting the necks of the orcs in one swift movement.

*Swish*

*Ting*

Any monster he met, was swiftly dealt with.

*GUHH*

They couldn't resist him at all, as they were of lower rank than him.

On Robin's side.

[Mil Fleur: Gigantesco Mano]

Robin also used her newly evolved skill, to create much larger hands and combine them to deal shocking attacks, and restrain the orcs.

Two giant arms appeared on the body of an orc and then twisted its head off, killing it and making it drop to the ground raising dust to the sky.

'Next one!' Robin set her eyes on her next target, which was easier to lock onto due to observation Haki.

Just like that, she blazed through the monsters.

But also didn't forget to provide assistance to the other heroes.

A couple of giant arms she sprouted would restrain them, and the other heroes would then attack using their own abilities.

'We can take care of it for now…'

She had analyzed the situation similar to Ren and understood that they needed to buy time.

This gate was proving to be a challenge. Just the first wave was already A rank…

She feared that the number of monsters coming out would only increase before the backup heroes come as even the few monsters that got out were already A rank…

While she was fighting the orcs that had gotten out from the gate, Ren remained in her observation range and she felt and saw how he was wrecking the monsters, not wasting any time on them.

'As usual, he is very impressive,' Despite focusing on the gate very much, Ren who had improved by leaps and bounds didn't escape her thoughts.

Since they were intimate, she was very aware about his trait, and it made her feel happy that he had gotten strong so quickly, but also what it meant for her if she stayed involved with him romantically.

Still now wasn't the time for that, and she continued fighting the monsters.

Similarly to her, the heroes that were surrounding them and were having trouble keeping up before, now relaxed as they saw how efficiently he was taking the monsters down.

They knew that very soon, he would dispose of all monsters and they just had to hold on until then.

An S rank had that much of a sway. Just him joining them already raised their morale and fighting power.

Among these heroes, Asui, the frog hero, was watching him keenly.

She was a very beautiful girl, and right now she was wearing mainly green-themed clothes.

A long-sleeved shirt, and pants.

It was apparent that she had also just been in the surrounding area doing an errand or buying something.

Right now she had a glimmer of appreciation in her eyes as she was watching Ren.

'If he continues like that, very soon, all the monsters would be disposed of,' She sighed a bit in relief.

While she was holding herself well, it was just because she was moving among the other heroes, if two orcs attacked her, she feared she would be in trouble.

Even though she was a superhero, an irregular gate was still too much for her. Considering the first wave was A rank, she would be correct.

'Still, is he an S rank?' She wondered but nodded shortly in response after thinking for a bit.

He must be if he was casually disposing of them so easily.

His movements captivated her as he used his wind ability to move around them and dealt deadly attacks.

His form remained elegant as he swiftly moved in between the orcs. And the tight muscles he was packing failed to be hidden by his clothes. Her eyes glimmered at that.

It only took him one swing of his weirdly looking yet exotic sword, and the orcs dropped dead.

Meanwhile, the other heroes hadn't taken even one down just yet just barely slowing them down, until robin had started to help them. Only then had they been able to kill the monsters with her help.

She then watched as he worked efficiently and coordinated well with the rest of the heroes. Even helping at one point to kill a few orcs that circled around her.

But He wasn't stealing their jobs and kills.

The ones he saw can take care of the monsters, he left them to do so, and he moved on to the monsters that were still coming out of the gate.

Their numbers while not huge, were not smaller either.

That was why it would take a while to kill them all.

She nodded to herself and appreciated the gesture he had for the heroes. While she didn't personally care, those heroes were risking their lives and would get paid for it, so they would be a bit upset if Ren killed every monster.

Then after a while, every monster was dead, courtesy of Ren and Robin mostly with the rest providing some minor support.

When the last monster died, the gate stopped letting any monsters out.

And then the heroes moved and reconvened near the fissure of the gate, standing vigilant in case any monster would come out.

Even Ren and Robin did so.

*******************

-Thank you ---Ahmed--- for becoming my patron 🎉💕

-Special thanks to *"Arun"* ; *"Carl Steelhammer"* ; *"ShadowFangus"* ; *"Coby"* ; *"HaiiroOokami"* ; *"John Dunkley"* and *"Ahmed"*

-Read advanced chapters ahead of the public release:

https://www.patreon.com/ThighsSeeker

16