Chapter 60: Massacre
793 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren and co continued on going deeper and deeper into the gate.

At one point, the number of A ranks started to get less and less.

They were starting to get closer and closer to the end of the gate, and toward the boss, as such only s ranks showed up.

Thankfully and while the number of groups was high, the individual numbers didn't exceed four at one time.

Minus one time when it had reached as high as five S ranks.

That was the most hard-fought battle, and Ren and Kakashi had to each hold off against two each, while Yamato and Robin teamed up to kill the last one as fast as possible.

Otherwise, the fights against the s ranks went as smoothly as a fight that required full focus can be.

Right now, they had finally reached close enough to the boss's location, and then Ren all of a sudden stopped jumping on tree branches as they were running forward.

"Ren?" Robin asked as she landed on the tree branch near him.

The rest followed their suit, stopping near them.

This area they were in had huge trees, and the branches were big enough to hold them all in one.

"What's wrong Ren?" Yamato, the second-best user of observation haki among them asked Ren.

'I can't detect anything…' She saw the grave expression on Ren's face.

Kakashi similarly listened with apt attention. He had seen what Ren can do so far, and no longer had any inhibition about him.

In fact, he would go so far as to say that working with Ren was amazing. His search range was just huge, and he didn't know many superheroes among his people, the ninjas, with better sensor abilities.

'Yamato said before that he hadn't joined any organization or agency… Sensei would like him to join then…' Kakashi had this thought but paid attention when Ren was about to answer.

"There's trouble ahead!" Ren had a bit of sweat on his forehead.

He wasn't scared, it was just that what he saw using his observation haki was… a massacre. It was highly disturbing.

And by the looks of things on the other side, they had to move fast or things would get worse…

The rest turned even more serious. If the Ren they knew so far to be carefree and unafraid was saying this, what the hell was on the other side?

'Was the boss, very strong?'

Unlikely as the gate hadn't had any higher rank than S so far.

'What could it be?'

These were their thoughts as they waited for him to explain.

Ren then told them as he closed his eyes, trying to shake the image off his head as it was very disturbing.

While he only saw the remains and not the at itself, it was still easy to piece what had happened…

"Almost 100 A ranks were massacred and eaten… by the boss monster!!"

**********

Shortly before Ren and co had reached near the boss monster and the group of A-rank heroes that were concocting some evil plan.

*Gruahh*

The wails of the monster continued on, expressing just how much pain it was in from the dark red energy seeping into its very bones.

"It's working" One of them yells excitedly.

His eyes had a glint of anticipation in them.

Apparently, he was some sort of leader to the others as one of the others came near him and asked.

"Boss, shouldn't we leave now?" This person had a worried look on his face.

Since what they had to do was working well so far, then they should leave before the situation turns dangerous.

The boss nodded.

"That's right. YOU GUYS! Get ready, we're leaving before this thing finishes absorbing the energy," He yelled at his men.

The men did as he said, and started packing the many stuff they had placed around earlier.

'We lucked out this time, hehe' He laughed internally as he eyed his men move about.

He was the boss of a small-time crime gang, and would usually be hired to do various things for shady people. Even corrupt superheroes sometimes.

As long as it paid well, and it didn't endanger his life and his gang, he would agree to do it.

And this time, he was contacted by two weird-looking guys, who had cloaks on them.

They paid him in full, and the payment was three times the amount he usually did even for much tougher missions to perform.

What they asked of him and his gang was to put this device near the monster boss, and then run when the monster is about to escape.

They were provided a way to teleport right inside the gate near the location, and all they had to do was hold the monster to not escape from the device after they plant it and it traps it.

Needless to say, he agreed as quickly as a lightning strike.

'And it seems it was the correct choice, heh' He had a smug smile on his face.

*GRAAHHH*

The monster continued yelling in pain. Its arms swinging wildly and the men barely held on to it via the chains, as a few of them were getting things ready so that they can leave.

The boss chuckled as he looked at the monster.

But deep inside, he was feeling that the way it was yelling was more out of rage pointed at them, and less of pain.

"Stupid thing been wailing since it was caught,"

But they were getting paid a good amount so they can bear with something like this.

The boss just remembering the amount he was paid was feeling very happy inside.

'It isn't even dangerous as the rest of our missions…' He thought to himself.

Since they were even provided a way to escape. Similar to how they got inside.

Just then when the boss turned to look at his men who were done, one hand of the monster broke free!

*Roar*

It issued a loud roar of anger.

*Thud*

The chain broke, and the other guys on the other end holding it were thrown back.

The boss and his goons panicked at that.

This was an S rank monster and on the verge of being SS rank.

While the device at first had trapped it, it had made it weaker, but the more they stayed and the red energy entered inside of its body, the more it was getting stronger.

And it seemed that the monster was soon going to break free.

"Quick, ya bunch of bastards, QUICK!" He ordered his men and jumped back a huge distance from the monster that now had one arm free.

His crew were basically ready as they had carried all things they brought.

"Boss, we can leave now, everything is done" One of his goons reported.

He was sweating as he looked between the monster boss of the gate and his own boss.

A few other goons brought forth a 1x1x1 m device and placed it near the boss.

The goons boss nodded nervously as he heard the goon.

He fished a rectangle device like a smartphone and fiddled with it for a bit.

Then his eyes looked at the monster who was freed since all the people that were nearby were huddling near him waiting for him to activate their escape method.

'Crap!'

He was struck with fear as he saw the monster land on the ground on its feet.

It was still covered in red fog, so its form wasn't apparent, and they hadn't seen any other monster just yet, so they didn't know how it looked.

He panickily finished fixing the phone device and then clicked the button to open a warp gate as they did at first.

The huge device near them then expanded as it broke into four connected parts, and from it, an orb of lightning shined brightly. The sound of electricity crackled.

*Fuah*

The boss finally relaxed a bit and thought that they were good now.

He had seen the device work the first time by the two cloaked people, they had opened it and then a warp fissure opened above the electric orb that he was seeing now.

He chuckled a bit and looked at the monster that was still standing as if stunned, still hidden by the fog. It appeared as if it was unconscious. The red fog still entering its body.

"Ugly bastard, you scared me for a bit, hehe" He laughed.

He kicked a pebble that was on the ground toward the monster.

*Ting*

It impacted its body and fell.

He then shook his head, fixed his coat, and started walking toward the orb of lightning.

But then his eyes widened.

"Why the fuck hasn't this thing started yet?" He yelled as he fished the control again. The warp fissure hadn't appeared.

He pushed the button again, and then the sound of electricity increased.

'Maybe there was something wrong before? Well as long as it works-' he was still thinking to himself.

When all of a sudden, the orb of electricity exploded and disappeared, leaving the rectangle device near him to shut down.

The orb had changed into bolts of lightning that stabbed around the area they were, trapping the people with the monster.

Each blot once it stabbed into the ground connected with the next one and they made a dome net shape.

The boss was sweating just then.

"Run, ya stupid fools, run!" at this moment he knew something foul was at play.

He wanted to escape before the monster gained its consciousness back and before the net fully closed.

He was the first to start running, and then his men followed him.

As A ranks, their speed was very fast.

As such, they soon were about to escape, but just as they were about to do so, the net was finished. It sped up at the last second and trapped them inside.

Of course, they were quite strong so they didn't care about this tiny bit of electricity and tried to attack.

Their attacks proved meaningless, and the few that tried to rely on their strong physiques and abilities… were incinerated in seconds.

The group of almost a hundred goons were shocked and hurriedly retreated back.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Crap, what kind of ability is that!!"

"Boss!! Do something!"

The goons were panicking and they turned to look at their leader who was supposed to be running with them, but what they saw had their knees go weak.

The huge monster that was supposed to be stunned was in front of them, fully conscious and capable of moving.

It was huge, reaching close to 12-13 meters. Its body was full of muscles but surprisingly for a monster, it had giant pants on and a cloak that partly hid its body and head, letting them see a few horns on the side of its head and its tusks.

On its shoulders, huge skull pauldrons sat which looked menacing.

Blue glowing runes lit up all over its red body.

And right now, this orc monster had their boss held in its hand.

It placed him in the sky, each of its hands holding one hand of the boss, and it was pulling them slowly apart.

*AHHHHH*

He was yelling as he was feeling his arms get torn apart.

The people there didn't want their boss to die, as he was the strongest among them.

As such, they all charged up their attacks at the S-ranked monster.

"Die, ya bastard"

But as soon as they made contact with the red mist surrounding its form, they dissolved.

They kept trying and trying, but it didn't work at all.

Then, his left hand was the first to get cut as blood spurted from it.

*AHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

The monster then had a cruel glint in its eyes. While keeping eye contact with him, it threw the severed limb into its mouth and started chewing.

*Crunch* *Crunch*

The sound of his bones breaking was akin to crispy chips being eaten by a human.

*Gruha* *Gruha*

The orc emitted a sound that felt like it was laughing.

The boss had tears in his eyes, his thoughts all of regret. Regret that he shouldn't have taken this mission.

They were set up to die to not spread the news of what they were doing with that red energy and device placed under the monster.

*ARGHH*

"S-Stop… P-Please!!"

His left hand followed as the orc held his lid section for better leverage.

And then his left hand was also cut apart.

*Arghhhhhh*

His yells echoed to the people stuck there unable to escape, and can't do anything to save him, or themselves from what they knew was going to happen to them soon.

*Groh*

His yells seemingly annoyed the orc so it whacked him by his legs to the ground.

His left hand was then chewed but he couldn't see it as the pain of the strike had him lose consciousness, his eyes rolling to the back of his head and blood came out of his ears and nose.

But he wasn't allowed to stay like that sooner, as the monster moved on to tearing apart his leg.

*ARGHHHHHH*

**********

Just like that the orc monster that was still engulfed in the red energy massacred every person that was stuck inside the net of lightning.

They couldn't attack the monster, and they couldn't escape the lightning.

They had to choose to die by the monster or by lightning.

Some chose suicide, but others held on to the hope that they can be saved…

But in the end, everyone died.

And the more they did, the more the red energy surrounding the monster grew, and its speed of assimilating with him grew.

Once the monster was done eating them all, it finally lay in place and started to focus on consuming the red energy.

Its strength started to increase faster as it did so.

*******************

-Special thanks to *"Arun"* ; *"Carl Steelhammer"* ; *"ShadowFangus"* ; *"Coby"* ; *"HaiiroOokami"* ; *"John Dunkley"* and *"Ahmed"*

-Read advanced chapters ahead of the public release:

https://www.patreon.com/ThighsSeeker

13