Chapter 126: Against the Ghost Cat Boss Monster
373 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren fought against the monsters inside of this gate with fervor on his face.

*Swish*

A much bigger Ghost Cat had jumped at him from his blind spot and attempted to cleave him apart with its sharp claws. A few more were also nearby and prepared to also attack fiercely.

However, ren prepared his punch before he even turned, and the moment he did so he exploded with a right strike so powerful a shockwave impact exploded as his foist contacted the Ghost Cat.

It was then launched so fast towards the ground that a crater of hundred meters was created, with nothing but a puddle of blood at the bottom of it.

The Ghost Cat was done for.

'Perhaps I should have chosen an SS rank gate instead…' He had this thought after he had some fun so far.

After a bit however, he shook his head.

He then proceeded to deal with the remaining ghost Cats quite easily.

A punch here, a punch there, and Ren was done.

As for his technique…

Forget about elegance.

His moves right now were unrefined at all, as he was just casually punching with his raw strength and speed.

He by no means underestimated his weapon mastery skill, quite the opposite actually as he considered it to be one of his top skills to use.

It was just that at this time, there was no need to use it, and he was more happy fighting unrestrainedly like this as if he was a barbarian.

He enjoyed the feeling of his punches as they connected.

*Fuah*

Ren took a deep breath as he flexed his arms a bit.

'All that's left is the boss now,'

Ren sensed a powerful presence nearby.

And with that, a grin naturally spread across his face.

His fist impacted his palm as his body brimmed with excitement.

'Let's hope this boss doesn't disappoint,'

Ren couldn't wait to go ad attack it, but for now, he had to instead focus on something he has to do first.

And that is the goal that he came to fulfill in the first place.

He hadn't forgotten about it.

And seeing the strength of that monster, he had to deal with that first.

He wasn't scared of it, but if he had the opportunity to make himself stronger he would take it of course.

He wouldn't choose to charge blindly over that and then end up dying in regret if something unexpected does happen.

'After all, just recently, didn't Ace enter an S rank gate and almost died if we didn't save him?'

Yeah, Ren wasn't going to be stupid and waste this chance.

He calmly gave the order to his system in his mind.

[Awaken]

And as soon as he did so, all the mana in his body gushed from his heart and started moving in his pathways erratically like a flood trying to escape, with no place to go to.

A few minutes like this, with the mana behaving out of control, before suddenly it started to head toward his heart.

Ren could feel all this as he stood there awaiting what was going to happen.

'What's happening?'

He didn't understand anything at all.

But then the mana entered his heart and suddenly quietened out as soon as it did.

'Is it over?'

Ren wondered to himself. Before suddenly his expression changed.

The mana that was trapped inside his heart suddenly gushed out with an explosion, and this time Ren could feel it had fundamentally changed somehow.

This mana charged into every cell of his body and attacked with some purpose. As to what that was? Ren didn't know.

When it did so, suddenly Ren found himself having lost feeling in his body.

He was aware of what was happening, but he could only feel a general soothing feeling as soon as the mana was flooding his body.

He quite enjoyed it, as it was something akin to him getting drunk on good wine, or sexual activities with his girls.

'Sigh,'

He uttered a satisfied sigh, and as he looked at his body, he found his mind calm enough to see the changes that were starting to happen.

'White fur?'

He observed as his hair turned white, and patches of white fur appeared on various parts of his body.

These changes weren't permanent as they kept changing back and forth and Ren allowed it as he observed calmly.

'This must be the process with which I will acquire my transformation,'

He had anticipation built up inside for when that will finish and he can finally test it against the boss. The only one who could possibly stay alive against him inside of this gate.

'White fur… I wonder is it some animal like a polar bear? A rabbit perhaps?'

He certainly didn't want the latter.

No matter how powerful, if he had a pair of rabbit ears, he would die from shame f his girls saw him like that.

The transformation continued on, and Ren calmly observed.

**********

A couple of minutes later…

Everything finally calmed down, as Ren was drenched in sweat. The mana raging in his body had finally returned to his heart.

He took off his shirt and brought a towel from the storage space before he started wiping his body slightly.

'I needed to take a bath after the gate anyway,'

He reeked of the smell of sweat now, and he was sure no girl would like him like that, except if they had some weird fetish…

He stood there only in his jeans and sneakers and his chiseled muscles were presented to the world. But no one was here to see, unfortunately.

Ren clenched and unclenched his arms as if he was seeing his new strength now after he awakened his new trait.

When he finished, he gained a natural understanding of the trait just like the others, and he was thankful since it seemed like it complemented well with his other abilities.

He smiled as he focused on the presence of Ghost Cat boss.

And then, just like the previous times, he suddenly disappeared.

When he appeared next, he was nearby the boss monster Ghost Cat that was sleeping soundly on a tree nearby.

His arms were coated in haki and he prepared a fierce punch that will kill the previous Ghost Cats even if they were ten times stronger.

Alas, just as it seemed like his munch was going to connect, the Ghost Cat suddenly awoke and dodged around it.

He recollected his hand hurriedly, but at that moment the boss monster had already awoken and was very close to him.

The next thing Ren knew and saw was the Ghost Cat being engulfed in lighting and trying to pass through his body but in the end, it couldn't so it ended up being bounced away from him, but Ren was also thrown back from an explosion of lightning.

*Bam*

Ren buried his feet on the ground and tried to steady himself.

He looked at his hands that were crossed in front of his chest, while he 'looked' at the cat with his observation haki in case it attacked again.

'It's faster than me, but its raw strength fails against me, huh,'

He reached this conclusion.

'However, even though I can beat it, it seems like I have to figure out a way to touch it first,'

Previously, despite using haki, it was able to outspeed my attack.

'I'll first fight it a bit, and gauge its abilities,'

He decided and tightened the muscles on his legs before he shot toward it like a bullet.

The Ghost Cat had seemingly taken damage earlier, but as he observed, it seemed like it was as new and good as before.

His punches picked up in speed, and two more arms appeared on his body, and he resembled an Asura at that moment with six arms that were coated in haki.

Despite that, the Cat seemingly didn't falter, and dodged every one of his attacks, before creating some distance and dealing its own attacks.

It shot lighting balls that appeared to contain devastating power inside of them and Ren was sure they were quite dangerous even for his wicked defense.

But despite their numbers being in the dozens, Ren dodged them due to his high observation haki.

It almost seemed like there was a stalemate between the two of them.

But Ren just grinned.

His body was engulfed in green energy all of a sudden, and then not stopping at just using his wind trait to increase speed, two clones of his created using Robin's ability appeared.

They also were clad in green energy with six haki-coated arms and attacked at the same time as him.

*Swish*

This time with three of him attacking at the same time and pressuring the Ghost Cat from all directions, Ren's main body ended up exploiting one of the openings, and at that time he landed a punch, however despite doing so, it wasn't as he expected in terms of damage done.

And that was due to his haki not being able to completely overcome the intangibility of the Ghost Cat.

It howled loudly in pain, and the lightning surrounding it suddenly increased in intensity and started to surround its entire body much like Ren's wind trait.

'Troublesome,'

Just like Ren thought, this time, even with his clones, he couldn't touch the monster at all, and it kept dodging everything, while he was forced on the defensive due to the shocking amount of lightning balls it was throwing at him.

It was even so much that he had to tank a few as he couldn't dodge them all.

'It seems like my earlier decision to awaken my trait was correct,'

Otherwise, he would be here now having to rack his brain for a way to beat this monster that was faster than him and can't be caught.

Don't get him wrong, he was confident he could beat it given enough time. But the keyword was the time it would take him to do so. And he wasn't in a position to waste a lot of time as he had already played enough.

There was for example his new haki advanced technique, and even though he hadn't attempted it against the boss monster, he had a hunch that it would be very effective against it, but unfortunately, he didn't want to use that now and would leave it for a later time.

As to why? That was because this time there was something much better he wanted to try.

He looked at the lightning Ghost Cat boss monster of this gate and grinned at it.

'Be honored, you are going to be the first to see this…'

And then his mana exploded from his heart and flooded his body.

**********

-Discord:  https://discord.gg/vBTuBmapYP

-Special thanks to *"Arun"* ; *"ShadowFangus"* ; *"Coby"* ; and *"Shoto Todoroki"*

-Read advanced chapters ahead of the public release:

https://www.patreon.com/ThighsSeeker

8