Chapter 7 – What do you mean the Russians are gone?!
1k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(AN: Let me Know here if you guys would prefer to have the paragraphs shorter and more spaced out in the future instead of the bulkier paragraphs I use now.)

 

Gansen's Hotel was one of the Russians human trafficking locations. It was a hotel they used most often to hold kidnapped children waiting for transportation to arrive and starting their drug addictions to decrease the chance of them being caught while in travel. Sitting around a table playing cards Ivan and other members of the Russian gang all lurched out of their seats when they heard a loud crashing sound coming from downstairs. 

“The fuck is making that noise.” “I don’t know you should go check it out.” “Me. Fuck that, why should I go?” “Shut up I’ll check it out.” Ivan grumbled about his partner's laziness as he made his way down the stairs towards the lobby. Walking past the broken elevator, he cursed the rundown shape of the building. Making it to the lobby he was stunned to find that the noise came from the doors which had been thrown across the room into the opposite wall leaving huge dents, gulping at the destruction Ivan pulled out his pistol and walked towards the door. He made sure to turn his body so that no one on the street could see his piece, not that it really mattered considering the police were on their payroll, but the boss had said it’s better to draw as little attention as possible.  

As he approached the door, he failed to hear the footsteps coming in line with his from behind him. As he arrived at the door frame, he looked around and noticed an indent in the ground at the front taking a step out of the hotel before he could get a proper look at the indent two hands came from behind him wrapped around his head and twisted snapping his neck. Looking at the body falling on the ground, Reaper didn’t bother moving the corpse and simply turned around walking into the building. Moving floor by floor, Reaper quickly and silently dispatched all the gang members who guarded the floors and made his way towards the top floor of the building. As for the kidnapped children? He couldn’t care less what happened to them. 

Silently ascending the stairs once again Reaper decided that this method was too boring. So instead of silencing his steps he made them extra loud alerting all the Russians on the top floor. Quickly gathering around the stairs, the Russians led by their leader Alexander pulled out their firearms and prepared for the intruder. “Who’s there? Ivan is that you, you bastard? What’s with all the noise? You got bricks in your shoes or what.” As if in response to his words the footsteps suddenly disappeared. Freaked out over the sudden lack of sound Alexander shouts once again “Dammit I don’t care who you are if you walk up those stairs your dead!” 

Right as Alexander finished shouting a black fog suddenly rushed up the stairs towards them. Caught off guard by the spectacle no one reacted till the fog reached the top of the stairs and took on the form of a man in a black cloak wearing a white mask. The masked man at rapid speeds pulled out twin shot guns from within his body and started to fire bullets into the Russians. Awakened by the pained shouts and cursing of their fellow gang members the Russians started yelling as they rushed for cover and started to fire back. Only to freeze in horror as the bullets went right through Reapers body. From there it became a massacre. Reaper calmly walked through the hall shotting shells at anything that moved while the Russians only continued to shout and shoot back at him. Some of the smarter ones thought he maybe the disguised devil of Hell's Kitchen who was known to stick his nose in the underground businesses of Hell’s Kitchen, so they tried to use the kids as hostages to stop his assault. Unfortunately for them Reaper had no care for the lives of children.  

Reaper continued his slaughter and at some point, he had started to laugh madly as he continued the bloodbath “HahHAhahHAhaHHaHaHahhahah.” As his laughter reverberated through the building the kidnapped children started to shake and cry in their confined rooms. Finally, there was only one Russian left alive shaking and shivering in the corner his gun long abandoned after he recognized the hopelessness of the situation. Reaper stopped his assault and walked towards his downed figure. As he walked black balls came out of the corpses around him and connected once again with his body. Trampling over the corpses covering the floor Reaper made sure to kill any stragglers whether they be Russians or not. Reaper may enjoy terrorizing the world, but he wasn’t stupid. He knew too little information to take any real action. And the kids’ memories had already proven themselves untrustworthy. So that meant for now he needed to have some level of invisibility.  

Walking up to the man Reaper crouched down and casually stuck the shotgun to the side of his head before speaking “Give me the name and location of your other businesses.” Realizing that Reaper needed information from him seemed to give the downed man some of his confidence back. Looking up defiantly he was about to talk back when Reaper stabbed his finger through one of his eyes. “AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.” Crying out loudly the man thrashed his head around trying to dislodge Reaper's finger but was unable to shake Reapers Iron like grip. “Tell me now!” Growling at the man in front of him reaper released his killing intent outwards and the thug on the ground started to suffocate under the massive pressure Reaper was generating. 

Reining in his intent Reaper waited for the thug's response. “Gasp, gasp. Please {Sob} Please don’t hurt me {sob}.” Hearing his response Reaper didn’t respond and simply moved his hand towards the thug's other eye. Shaking in fear the thug desperately started to shout, “THE DOCKS.” Seeing Reapers hand stop he silently let out a sigh of relief before continuing “This hotel is where we store the product before it gets moved to the docks to be shipped to the highest bidder. That’s all I know I swear.” Waiting for him to finish Reaper stood up before looking back down at the pathetic man laying before him. “So... So, you’ll let me live now, right? I mean I told you all I could an...” Before the thug could finish Reaper's foot connected with his neck snapping it, immediately ending his life. 

Turning around, Reaper descended from the building and shuffled rapidly through Hell’s Kitchen reaching the docks in minutes. Coming to a stop, Reaper focuses his senses as he patiently waits for his prey. Half an hour later Reaper vaguely heard shouting and groaning to his left. Moving on top of the containers he looks down only to see a warehouse located near the entrance of the docks. Currently a group of people are shoving children of various ages into vans and preparing to leave. However, before they could Reaper jumped down and quickly blitzed through the crowd of untrained thugs. Killing everyone who saw his face and leaving one alive for questioning before ‘thanking’ him and moving on. After 3 hours of this repetition Reaper finally arrived at a parking garage that also had a mechanics shop at the lowest level. Seeing the assault rifles those on duty were carrying Reaper smiled to himself at finally reaching someplace of importance. However, he stopped himself from directly charging this time. After all it is highly likely that in this building unlike the others there would be cameras and it would be bad if he was caught on camera. Sighing to himself as his anticipation left him, Reaper stealthily positioned himself on the opposite building's roof preparing himself to sneak in. 

Scouting out the security on the roof of the garage he noticed that it was a group of three all gathered around the door with a table. Two of them would routinely do a walk around the roof about every 10 minutes. Looking at them all clumped up at the table playing cards, Reaper decides to use shadow step to get right in the middle of the group. Closing his eyes, he visualizes his body merging with the shadows. Sinking into the darkness around him, Reaper briefly enjoys the warm comfort the darkness brings him before imagining the top of the poker table the thugs were playing on. With a pull from within him Reaper finds his surroundings blurring before he starts his emergence on the poker table. Seeing the thugs panicking eyes before him Reaper quickly slashes out with both of his clawed gloves slicing thoroughly through two of their throats stopping them from making any noise. “What the. HEY H... keuk” The last thug reacted quickly and tried to shoot at Reaper while shouting for help but before he could call for help Reaper had vanished from in front of him. Appearing behind him right after Reaper twisted his head 180 degrees before releasing his lifeless body and watching as it collapsed onto the ground.  

Taking a breath Reaper walked to the door and put his head against it to see if someone was coming. Waiting for a few seconds when no sounds came, Reaper took a step back before shifting into his wraith form and walking through the door. Reforming silently at the top of the stairs he continued to covertly clear the complex level by level. When he reached the bottom floor, he was about to act when the power in the building went out. ‘hmmm. The power went out?’ Reaper wondered, however, he wasn’t one to waste such a great opportunity, so he prepared himself for his slaughter. With the cameras temporarily not in service he no longer had any reason to hold back. However just as he was about to attack, he heard the distinct sound of an object hitting a person. Looking into the darkness he saw a man in a red devil suit jumping in and out of the darkness slowly beating down the thugs. Looking away from this masked attacker Reaper instead tried to find his targets in this assault. The thug on the docks had spoken about two brothers who ran the Russian gang. And they were supposed to be in this building. Looking to the far end of the garage he sees a group of 7 quickly running to a Ferrari F50. Two of them are surrounded by the other 5 from all directions.  

Confirming who they were through physical characteristics provided by the dock thug Reaper started to run across the floor trying to reach them. Any thug that got in his way was cut down and it didn’t take long before both sides took notice of the third party in their fight. “Hey. There’s another over there shoot him!” One of the thugs shouted as bullets started flying in Reaper's direction. Ignoring the onslaught, Reaper rushed through the crowd of thugs slashing the necks of anyone he passed. “Dermo (Shit)! He’s after the boss stop him.” Another thug shouted once he realized Reaper was on a straight-line path to the Ranskahov brothers. Just as Reaper was about to reach the brothers, they had finally entered the car and were about to drive off. Reaper tried to get in their way but was forced to stop when a metal baton ricocheted off the wall hitting the three bodyguards who were left out of the car to stall time.  

Watching the car speed off into the city, Reaper tries to follow them but is interrupted by the masked devil man who jumped in front of him blocking his way. Seeing this, Reaper turned his attention away from the car, letting them speed off. ‘They won’t be able to live through the night anyway.’ Focusing his attention back on the man in front of him who has just been silently standing their Reaper decides to start the conversation. “If you hadn’t got in the way I would have caught them. Whose side are you on?” The masked man continues to stay quiet and unmoving. Just as Reaper was about to call it quits and go hunt the Russians he spoke. 

 “What are you.” “Huh?” Reaper looked back at him confused by the sudden question “I’m afraid I don’t understand. You’ll have to explain your question.”  

“Your heartbeat. It’s not human” ‘What!? Heartbeat. He can hear my heartbeat?’ Observing the masked man closer Reaper soon notices that the eyes of the masks are covered by a material he recognizes. However, that material isn’t transparent, so it doesn’t make since for it to be over his eyes. ‘Unless’ Reaper thinks to himself. He becomes sure of his conclusion after watching the twitching of Daredevil’s ears and hands in response to his own movements. “I see. So, you're blind then.” Watching Daredevil flinch at his words, Reaper confirms his guess “But instead of just losing your sight you suddenly had all your other senses heightened. Becoming so strong you could even hear people's heartbeats.”  

Watching Daredevils reaction Reaper instantly lost interest in him. ‘Here I thought I found someone interesting. Nope just another blind guy.’ Turning his back on Daredevil Reaper made his way out of the garage and prepared to chase the Ferrari when he heard a whistling sound from behind him. Tilting his head to the left, A baton flew past his head. Sighing to himself, Reaper turned around and started to walk towards the approaching Daredevil. As he approached, he activated the energy in his body and suddenly his heartbeat and breathing both ceased.  

The abrupt lack of sound caused Daredevil to freeze in place for a second to try and locate Reaper. Taking advantage of this pause Reaper threw a kick at Daredevil responding on pure instinct Daredevil managed to move out of the way of the kick and lashed out with his baton in the direction the kick came from. Allowing his baton to pass through his body Reaper moved forward grabbing Daredevil by the back of his head and pivoting his body throwing Daredevil into a wall. “If you want to live stay down. I don’t have the patience to deal with you.” Speaking to Daredevils downed figure Reaper turned to leave only to stop and sigh again as he turned back around and walked to the now standing figure of Daredevil. “Sigh. You know you should really listen to the advice of your betters.” Not expecting any response, Reaper stopped when Daredevil opened his mouth to reply “Why are you after the Russians? What does someone like you gain from something like this?”  

Noticing that Daredevil is just buying himself time to recollect himself and strategize, Reaper decided to see what he could come up with and responded “Hmmm. Well let's just say they got on my bad side is all. What about you? Why are you standing up again knowing that you're fighting a losing battle?” 

 “I will protect my city! Winning or losing is unimportant. I will keep my city safe from the scum that try to corrupt it.” Daredevil responded with a strong sense of passion in his voice. “Oh” Reaper said finding Daredevils familiar response amusing “Haha. It’s funny... your response it’s similar to how a group of blind monks with your abilities located in China had responded when I told them I needed their temple. Needless to say, the result of that fight shows for itself.” As Reaper briefly reflected on his past deeds, he noted that the sounds of the Ferrari had disappeared. ‘I guess this night's entertainment hasn’t ended just yet.’ Focusing back on the now in stance Daredevil Reaper decided to end this fight and move on with his task.  

Walking leisurely towards Daredevil Reaper was prepared to silently slit his neck when Daredevil suddenly responded to his movements and turned to face him. Stopping in his tracks, Reaper watched in shock as Daredevil slowly started to adjust his body to face Reaper. ‘How? How can he find me with nothing to track? Unless... Don’t tell me this boy’s hearing can even hear the blood pumping through my system.’ Shocked at his own thought, Reaper continued to observe Daredevil and confirmed that he was indeed tracking him through how the blood was pumping in his body. ‘This new world is just...FANTASTIC.’ Excitement started to course through Reapers body as he realized this world was so much more than what they knew. Retracting his idea on killing Daredevil Reaper instead decided to see how far this blind man would be able to evolve. ‘I hope you don’t disappoint me. I’m looking forward to the fight you’ll be able to provide me with one day.’  

Pushing his power to the limit Reaper decided to show this masked man in front of him the mountain that stood between them. Blitzing forward at a speed that put all Olympic Athletes to shame, Reaper appeared behind Daredevil and grabbed his left arm before turning and throwing him across the garage into another wall. Chasing after him Reaper grabbed his leg and yanked his body out of the wall and threw him out a window into the street of Hell's Kitchen. Standing at the exit of the compound Reaper clicked his tongue as he watched the masked man try to climb his way off the ground only to fall again. Looking outside and seeing the streetlights shining brightly, Reaper regretted not paying more attention to his surroundings. Watching Daredevil for a couple more seconds, Reaper turned around and faded into the darkness of the compound. He wasn’t ready to be exposed to the light just yet. 

… 

15 Kilometers away in a high-class hotel room. “Hurry up Anatoly we need to leave now. Fisk has already arranged a villa for us in Brookyln. We just need to lay low for a while then get back to work and have our revenge on those two freak bastards.” Not Hearing any response Vladimir stopped packing and went out into the hallway “Anatoly!” Not hearing any response again, he begins to walk down the hallway. As he walked past Anatoly's room, he heard running water from inside “Are you kidding me?! This tupoi(Idiot) does he not understand the situation we are in.” Storming into the room furiously Vladimir slammed open the door to the bathroom and started yelling “Anatoly you bastard get out of the shower we have to go now!” Not receiving any response Vladimir in his rage ignored the weirdness of the situation and ripped the shower curtain off the ceiling. “Anatoly you... What! What the Hell is this?!!” Vladimir froze in horror as he looked at his brother's body which was hanging in the air with the shower head cord wrapped around his neck. Taking steps back Vladimir saw black out of the corner of his eye and turned to face the bathroom mirror. Looking in the mirror he saw what vaguely resembled a black smudge in the bottom corner reaching out with his hand to wipe it away he backed away in horror when it suddenly started to expand and before he knew it there was a man in a pure black cloak looking at him from the mirror where his body used to be. Spinning around Vladimir saw nothing behind him and was about to sigh in relief when the hands of the person in the mirror behind him suddenly reached out and wrapped around his head snapping his neck. Quickly retreating into the corner of the mirror again, Reaper silently slipped through a ventilation pipe and left the building quietly. 

Author Note: 

Alright, so we have the first fight scene let me know what you think about how I wrote it. Regarding Reapers powers besides his wraith form which I’m treating as a time limited intangibility and his shadow walk which is teleportation. The attacks he ignored when not in wraith form are due to Reapers body being made up of chemicals and that his body is constantly in a state of regeneration and disintegration. So, a passive intangibility only makes sense with that in mind though it is only immune to pure physical attacks. So, any form of attack, not just physical will still affect him unless he enters wraith form. His shot guns and ammunition are made from him gathering and hardening the chemicals in his body, having complete control over how the chemicals move allows him to gather it in certain areas in great quantities to for example enhance a punch but as a consequence another part of his body will temporarily disappear. So, a super punch would require him to temporarily lose his other arm to amass the needed body mass. Let me know your thoughts on his abilities. 

38