Chapter 4 – Another new world. Great!
1.3k 6 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Authors note: Just to be clear Alex and Makenzie are the same person)

In New York on the Upper West Side of the city just outside the range of Hell's Kitchen is a 2-story house. The front yard encased in white metal fencing is full of greenish yellow grass trimmed neatly. Going further up the yard leading towards the front door is a garden filled with different kinds of plants and trees all striving to grow faster than the others. Walking up stone steps to the front door one can already feel the old-fashioned nature of the home. Entering the house one can see straight through the main floor. With the kitchen being the only enclosed space on the right next to a dining room on the bottom right and a living room to the left. The walls were a pale yellow covered in different photos of a family of two, a father and his son. The appliances were all made of time worn wood and gave the house a unique smell. The warm temperature of the house made one feel as if they were sitting in a cabin beside the fireplace. From the kitchen one could observe a well-built white man standing 5'9 dressed in a uniform with a police badge strapped to his chest. As the man set the table he looked up towards the ceiling and contemplated. 'Strange where is he? He doesn't normally take this long. Did something happen?' The man was pulled out of his thoughts by a loud "thud" from upstairs that turned the warm atmosphere of the home ice cold as the man in the kitchen bolted up the stairs without a second thought. "MAKENZIE! ARE YOU OKAY!??"

...

"Ring" "Ring" "Ring"

Hours later, when Alex finally opened his eyes again it was to the familiar ringing sound of his alarm clock. Turning over to turn off his alarm clock Alex cracked open his eyes when his hands failed to find his alarm clock. This caused Alex minor surprise as after years of practice Alex had perfected the ability and could hit his alarm clock accurately no matter the position, he woke up in. Upon opening his eyes, the first thing Alex saw was a hand reaching for an alarm clock on a desk that looked nothing like his own. However, Alex's attention was currently glued to his hand as suddenly new information started to come to his head regardless of his own will. Grabbing his head and barely holding in a cry Alex in disbelief watched 7 years of a life that wasn't his fly by in his mind.

When Makenzie opened his eyes once again the tiredness present on his face moments beforehand had all but disappeared as he shot out of the bed and stumbled his way to a mirror, he knew was in the corner of his room. Arriving in front of the mirror Alex suddenly felt all the strength leave his legs as he dropped heavily onto the floor "Bang." As Alex... no. As Makenzie stared at himself in the mirror, he could vaguely hear what sounded like a man shouting in the background. But in his current state he couldn't focus on anything but the mirror. Then suddenly as Makenzie... No. As Alex looked into the mirror his breathing suddenly became irregular and he found that his vision was spinning around the room. And yet he still forced his eyes to look at the mirror Infront of him as if it were some sort of holy object that would explain the not so impossible situation, he was in. But instead of answers looking at the mirror only made his breathing worse to the point where his face started changing colors.

"Makenzie!! Are you okay? What's wrong?" The door to his... their room suddenly blasted open and before Alex could do anything a man, he didn't know but recognized as his father ran to his fallen form and immediately tried to pick him up.  "Stay back!" Makenzie screamed in a voice he knew to be his and yet wasn't familiar to him.

The Man shocked by the sudden outburst took a step back and tried to calm the struggling child Infront of him verbally "Ken. It's me. It's Dad there's no need to worry, everything is going to be okay. Just take deep breaths. Here like this watch me. {Inhale Hold Exhale} {Inhale Hold Exhale.} Just like those, deep breaths." The man kept repeating the action but seeing how Alex's attention had once again been captured by the mirror in front of him the man finally started to worry and decided to take more serious action. First, he stood up slowly trying not to alarm his child and proceeded to grab the mirror before turning it, so Makenzie wasn't in front of the mirror anymore. Turning to face Makenzie again he found that he seemed to have finally snapped out of his daze and just as he was about to realize a sigh of relief, Makenzie suddenly started screaming as if he was dying. Jumping into action he wrapped his arms around Alex trying to calm him down. "Makenzie what's wrong? Does something hurt? Where is the pain can you tell daddy?" He pleaded with his son to try to get an answer and distract him from whatever is ailing him. 

Before he could receive his answer, Makenzie started struggling wildly in his grip twisting his body without care for consequences, forcing him to let go of his body. Trying to grab him once again he was shocked when Makenzie suddenly screamed "Stay away! I don't know you."

Shocked by his son's words his worry grew and before taking any other action he pulled out his phone and called 911 asking for immediate help after reporting his address and Alex's condition over the phone. Hanging up afterwards he turns back to Makenzie who is curled up near the foot of his bed shaking. Trying to approach once again he stops when Alex shouts "Stop! I don't know you. You are not my father!"

Hearing his outburst, he decides to stay in place. Choosing to simply watch his sons' actions to ensure his safety. 5 minutes later he heard the parking of the vehicle outside and made his way to the window opening it before shouting downwards "It's open. We are upstairs, the first door to the left. Please hurry."

As he heard the paramedics climbing the stairs, he let out another sigh of relief as he turned back to Makenzie who also seemed to have calmed his breathing at last. But from the occasional tremor of his body, he could still tell that his condition hadn't improved much.

The paramedics came in with a stretcher and upon seeing Alex's condition picked him up and put him on the stretcher. Alex struggled against the suddenness of their actions before they gave him an injection of light sedatives. They then started to move downstairs planning to take Makenzie to the hospital to be looked at as Makenzie's father followed behind them giving a detailed explanation of what happened before their arrival. 

Being put into the ambulance Alex finally regained clarity in his mind thanks to the sedatives calming him down. Looking around himself Alex couldn't help but curse his own stupidity 'I'm so fucked!'

.

..

...

As Alex... No, he should be called Makenzie now recalled what led to his current situation his mind went back to the accelerator explosion 'So, after the accelerator explosion I got sucked into. I was spit out and what? Took over a little kid's body' Thinking to hear guilt started to spread in his mind as Alex realized that he had, while having no control over the situation, indirectly stolen this boy's future. Going through the new memories about this life Alex never lived, Alex decided that what was done was done and all he could do for the original Makenzie was live to the best of his ability. 'But before that' he thought while looking around 'I need to find a way to somehow unfuck my current situation.

When I woke up the shock of everything being real and the new memories in my head plus this undeveloped body caused me to completely overreact. Of course Alex isn't completely to blame for this overreaction on his part after all what he found in his memories was something that would have shocked any modern person from Earth to the core. 'But still' he reflected 'Who would have thought I'd find a memory talking about good old war hero Captain no cursing America' 

Thinking of his memory associated with Captain America Alex once again sank into shock over the fact that he found himself currently in the Marvel universe. While focusing on Cap Alex noticed one more crucial detail "Based on photos he should look like Chris Evans. Just taller and more buff. Hopefully, that means I'm in the MCU and not a comic version of Marvel'. Alex had been a big fan of Marvel in his old life, having watched all the MCU movies and right before his death he had just started the X-Men. Still Alex didn't have nearly enough information to draw any realistic conclusions, just based on the stories he was told as a child. The only reason he could even confirm Captain America was a real person was thanks to a fieldtrip to a certain museum where Caps uniform is being used as an attraction. 

Thinking to here Alex was distracted by the jumping of the vehicle as it slowed down and entered a parking lot. Trying to get up so he could walk, Alex was quickly pushed back down. Looking over to the source Alex saw his new father holding him by the shoulders. "Makenzie stay laying down while they bring you in. Once we are inside, a doctor will come to see you just to make sure everything is okay. Don't worry I'll be with you the whole time and if you are ever uncomfortable just let me know." Listening to his new father. Alex thinks for a minute before he remembers his name, Dan Walker. Alex nods his head and lays back down. Seeing his actions Dan realized a sigh to let out his tension worried over whether Mackenzie would start to freak out again over his touch. 

Being rolled into the hospital alongside his father Alex laid down thinking of what excuses he could give to play off his actions. 'If I talk about what I saw in the OW verse as a dream and then say I couldn't tell if I was still dreaming and that I temporarily couldn't remember anything because of the mental strain I should be able to at least get out of here without having to do any extensive testing.' Alex had just taken over this body and was still adjusting to moving it around. If any difficult tests were performed on him, he wasn't able to guarantee that the situation he was in wouldn't become much worse. 

'Still even if they do some light tests, I can just blame these' Alex thought as he looked at the slight bruises and burns, he has on his delicate skin from his violent actions towards the paramedics and his father. While lying in the room they had been guided to after the paramedics dropped them off. Alex spent the time till the doctor's arrival running his explanation by his dad to see if there were any holes he needed to try and cover. He didn't need to cover everything as he was young so no one would really question every little detail, like what the people fighting looked like and such but it's always better to be 'safe rather than sorry.' Alex would rather be relaxed and confident rather than panicking when the doctor called out a weird point in his story. Spending the next 10 minutes smoothing out his story with his father's help, a doctor finally walked in to help them.

"Good morning my name is Doctor Carl Beckor and assisting me is Doctor Steven Strange" A white man with a English accent introduced himself as well as the young man next to him who as Alex observed looked like a much younger version of the MCU Steven Strange 'Must be around the time he started working as a doctor' Alex thought. Unfortunately, as a seven-year-old the previous owner of Alexs new body didn't really pay much attention to things like what year it was.

"Thank you doctors for your time. My name is Dan Walker and I'm here over my son's episode this morning." Dan introduced himself as he stood up to greet the doctors. "Alright we'll take a look. Steven, can you do a basic once over for any injuries and such while I double check the information with Mr. Walker?" Doctor Beckor asked Steven next to him. "No problem, sir." Steven made his way over towards Alex as Doctor Beckor and Dan moved to a corner of the room and started speaking in low voices. 

"Hey little fella. I'm Doctor Steven Strange. I just need to take a quick look for any injuries, can you spread out your arms for me please?" Strange, asked Alex in front of him. Meanwhile, Alex was looking at Strange like he would an alien creature 'the hell Doctor Strange can talk like this to' Alex was to accustomed to his personality on screen and assumed Doctor Strange before Kamar-Taj would have always been an arrogant asshole but as he spread his arms out it would seem he had yet to develop his personality. 'Note to self: Not all Marvel characters will act as their movie counterparts might imply.' Focusing back on reality, Dr Strange had just finished his once over and proceeded to report back to Doctor Beckor.

As they continued speaking Alex sat on the bed, deathly bored and distracted himself by wiggling every part of his body, which also served as a way to get used to being in control of limbs once again. Finally, after what felt like hours of waiting the group of three made their way back to Makenzie where Doctor Beckor stepped forward before crouching down slightly to be a little smaller than Makenzie while Dan moved beside him and put a hand on his shoulder before speaking "Doctor Beckor just has a few questions he needs you to answer Ken. Let me know if there's any question you don't want to answer or don't know the answer to." Dan finished and watched as Alex nodded before focusing his attention back on Doctor Beckor.

"Very good" Dr. Beckor spoke "Okay then can you please give me your full name" After hearing the question Alex almost instinctively answered Alex Bernard before he realized that his name was not Alex any longer and he would have to adjust to his new name. Taking his silence as a no Beckor spoke once more "Do you not remember your name?"

"No. I do it's Makenzie Walker."

"Hmmmm. Only two names I believe you should have a middle name as well correct Makenzie." Hearing Dr. Beckor Makenzie turned to his father and was about to open his mouth, but his dad beat him to it.

"Say it!" "It's embarrassing!" "The Doctor isn't going to laugh at you." "Everyone always laughs at me." "But the doctor wouldn't." "That's what you said about my teachers too." "Just say it." "haaa. Fine." Turning back to the Doctor Makenzie spoke again "My full name is Makenzie Voldemort Walker." That's right Makenzie's father was such a fan of the Harry Potter series he named Makenzie after the villain. {Pfft} As Makenzie watched Dr. Strange had to turn his head away to keep himself from laughing while Dr. Beckor tried to hide his laughter, but it was obvious by the shaking of his shoulders. After they finally managed to calm down the questioning continued and as Makenzie expected they bought his explanation saying something about it being due to the power of a child's imagination and not 25 minutes later they were in a taxi on the way back home.

Makenzie spent the rest of the day at home with his father after being called in sick for the day. Makenzie returned to his room and decided he would try to better understand his situation tomorrow.

48