Chapter 8
409 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

 

"Ugh..."

Dark

That was the first thought I had, I woke up in a dark space, I didn't know where....

...Actually I do know where I am...well trying the magic worked, half way, but, hey, it's progress.... now I don't know if it was because of my scarce Inner Mana or because my formula was wrong... I guess it's the first one... or so I hope...

I looked around to see if there was anyone in my room... and I was alone, again.

Um?....

Looking at my little hand you can see how my mist had gotten a little thicker, but it still keeps the same color. I don't know if that means if my Mana increased or it was just from using magic.

Hehe... but there is a way to check....

I said to myself as I channeled the mana into my palm again, but this time instead of a sphere of water it would make a small breeze of wind.

It took me a few seconds but eventually I got a small wind to generate in my hand, although it only lasted a few seconds.

...But on the bright side, I didn't faint this time, even though I feel very tired and feel my blood burning a little....

"Ara, interesting trick isn't it?" Said a voice suddenly.

!!!

Wh-?!

I quickly turn towards the voice and saw....

... what the fuck...

A totally white woman with black eyes, no, her pupils and sclera were black but her iris was a white color staring at me with what looked like a toothless smile, I can't measure her height very well because I'm a baby but it's for sure the tallest person I've seen so far.

Looking more closely at her body I can see that she is not completely white, rather, her body looks like a galaxy itself spinning, or rather like a vortex where in the center of her chest there is black emptiness that seems to want to destroy everything but at the same time create everything.

...she is a... God?.....

My mind was drawn to the void in her chest, something about it felt unnatural, as if her very existence defied natural laws.

"Hehe, well that was impressive, even more than Flora's natural talent, managing to create magic without a catalyst, moreover at such a young age... Hehehehe... it seems my daughter is not a useless waste after all, she managed to create two test subjects, maybe I should force her to make more children" Said the Woman widening her smile even more, if that was possible.

I failed to register or understand what she was saying but... the smile she was giving me was sending chills down my spine, the alarms in my head were ringing like bells and my very soul was screaming to get away from her.

But I was a baby.

Nothing compared to whatever she was.

I can't even generate a little bit of magic.

I'm useless.

Yes, I'm useless.

So...

Why am I alive?

Shouldn't I die?

Who am I?

Or rather...

What am I?

Depressing and strange thoughts surrounded my head as my gaze remained fixed on the vortex of her chest, I couldn't look away from the vortex... as if it was calling me to be consumed by it.

"Wuh..."

"Ara?"

"WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I cried at the top of my lungs.

In the house I was known to be a quiet baby I hardly ever cried and if I did cry it was for food or pooping.
What happens when a relatively normal baby cries at the top of her lungs like it's her last moments of life?

Well...

BOOM!

"""""SOFIA! ALL RIGHT?!!!"""""

Into the room came 5 people, of which I can only recognize my Mother, Clair and Lisa. The other 2 I didn't recognize their mists.

"Oh, good dear" Said the woman figure casually.

"MOTHER WHAT DID YOU DO TO SOFIA!!!" Shouted a very angry Mother.

I was honestly a little scared, I had never seen her get angry, she always acted calm and serious when the situation called for it. I feel a strange pressure in the air.

"Mnn absolutely nothing dear, I just walked into the room and when she saw me she started to cry" Said the Figure...Grandmother....

Grandma?

 

...

 

AN: I'm honestly not entirely satisfied with the chapter but I couldn't find a better way to write it, so I'm sorry?

20