Experimental Diary I
408 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: XXXXX

Year: XXXX/ XX/ XX

Experiment Name: Eternum

Name of Researcher: XXXXXX XXXXXX

 

Experimental Diary I

 

Entry Number I: I have been interested in researching the magical branch called Inner Mana, my main objective for this project is to find a way to control it or increase people's ability to store it in their bodies. This could be my chance to place my name in the annals of history if everything goes as planned, definitely no one should know about this.

They say that Inner Mana is useless, that it is only a mana for brutes who like to solve problems with their fists, well they are wrong, I will show them that Inner Mana goes beyond just fighting.

 

Enter Number II: The data collection so far is going great, I have discovered some interesting things about Inner Mana:

+: Inner Mana is not found in Magical Beasts or Plants, it is only found in animals, humans, elves and animalia.

+: For some reason Animalia are born with more Inner Mana than Outer Mana and it only increases as the years go by which makes it difficult for them to learn Magic.

+: Apparently people with more control over Inner Mana are stronger than those who cannot control it, although the difference is minimal since a way to increase control over Inner Mana is still unknown.

+: XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XX XXXXXXXX

 

Entry Number III: Finally a breakthrough, a year has passed since the beginning of the experiment, the test subject AA-342 has managed to increase his amount of Inner Mana by drinking Dragon Blood, this blood increases the physical and mental strength of the person, well, more or less, what really increases are the amounts of Inner and Outer Mana of the subject.

It is unknown if you can further increase the amount of Inner and Outer Mana if you eat other parts of a dragon.

Anyway, I need to start collecting more test subjects, animals will no longer be of use to me, maybe it's time to move on to humanoid experimentation.

But if one thing is clear to me, it's that the next step is to analyze Dragon's Blood.

 

Entry Number IV: XXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX.

+: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

+: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

+: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX.

 

Entry Number V: Finally, I have managed to mix Dragon's Blood with XXXXXXX, my savings are at rock bottom but it was worth it.

I have managed to stabilize the drastic increase in permanent Inner Mana resulting from the mix, mainly thanks to XXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXX.

I have increased the strength, endurance, reflexes and speed of the test subjects by almost 60% thanks to the mix. But I have not yet succeeded in creating a cure for the side effects of the mixture; the test subjects do not survive more than two days after testing the mixture.

Unfortunately, although I have stabilized the mixture I have not been able to eliminate the side effects of the mixture.

The side effects include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, hallucinations, fever, cold and chills. After a day they suffer from melting skin and constant pain throughout the body.

The curious thing is that it seems that depending on the race the mixture has different effects.

+ Humans: Humans increase their general musculature by 30% and become more beautiful. But that is only in the first few days after drinking the mixture before the side effects begin.

+ Animalia: Animalia become considerably more aggressive, often attacking everything in sight including themselves. Interestingly, they have lasted the longest with an average of five days, as well as being the most resistant to the mixture.

+ Elves: They become much taller (an average of 190cm), their skin turns chocolate or dark blue and their golden hair turns white. Apparently Elven bodies are not designed to store this massive amount of Inner Mana as none have lasted more than a day.

I wonder what effects half-breeds like half-Elves or children will have.

I will continue to experiment.

 

Entry Number VI: It seems the slavers' bastards told the nobles about my recent purchases, which led the Adventurers' Guild to investigate me. Unfortunately for me, they managed to find my research site earlier than planned.

But that doesn't matter I had seen this coming for a long time, after all humans are only driven by money and power, so this situation was easy to predict. I have left a Golem almost identical to me to fake my death while I escape with the research notes.

I am very close to my target and nothing and no one is going to stop me.

Nothing and no one.

 

Entry Number VII: I have managed to take refuge in a cave, near XXXX and XXXXXXXX, it has been 7 months since my escape in XXXXX and another 9 months to establish myself in the cave with the artifacts needed to start advancing with the experiment, fortunately working as a mercenary is not bad for my pockets.

In these months I have managed to further refine the blend by eliminating most of the side effects. I seem to be progressing faster than expected, which is a pleasant surprise.

A little more and it will be safe to drink.

But even if I drink it I still won't reach my ultimate goal, that's still a long way off. At first I was only doing this to find a way to effectively control the Inner Mana, but realizing the wonders of it I have decided to change my goal, I will show you what a person with enough intelligence to become divine can do.

I have almost got the hardest part, the mixture, which I have blessed with the name Karmic Elixir.

Next on my list is a way to get the Veins of Mana, The Flesh of Spirit, The Magical Nerves and The Heart of the Dragon and then integrate them one by one into my body to perfect it.

A few more years and I will be the perfect XXXXXX.

A few more years and the divinity will be mine alone.

 

Entry Number VIII: ............................................................................

14