Chapter 32
200 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

 

"Nice to meet you Sofia, my name is Amanda."

The mysterious woman introduced herself as she bowed slightly to Sofia.

Sofia thought she had seen the woman in front of her somewhere but couldn't say where....

"So little Sofia, what are you doing here? Did they lock you up too?"

"Lock me up?, I don't think so... the last thing I remember was..." Sofia said as she placed a hand on her chin and tried to remember.

Suddenly Sofia's eyes widened in panic as she remembered what she had experienced not too long ago putting her on high alert as she looked around....

"What's wrong?" asked Amanda curious of Sofia's reaction.

"O-hey Amanda?"

"Um?" Amanda tilted her head to the side

"Is this paradise?" asked Sofia with fear on her face....

...

..

.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" Amanda started laughing out loud as tears came out of her eyes as she tried to control her laughter.....

Sofia could feel her face heat up like a tomato.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT?!" shouted Sofia with a pout on her face.

After a few minutes for both Amanda and Sofia to calm down, Sofia began to explain her situation.

"Well I think I'm dead because I shouldn't be able to see to begin with since I'm blind, plus my last memory is the explosion of... the abomination that attacked me" Sofia explained.

"I see, well you're pretty calm for someone who suddenly regained her vision..." Amanda said with a surprised face.

"It's because this place feels like a dream and even though my dreams are weird, I can "see" inside my dreams so I don't think it's that unbelievable..." Belittled Sofia with a simple shrug of her shoulders....

Amanda and Sofia began to engage in conversation about unimportant topics and what each other's lives were like, though Amanda didn't reveal much about herself only that she grew up in an orphanage....

"Looks like I'm a little late" Said a woman's voice behind them.

Amanda immediately turned around as she shot what seemed to be a huge beam of light that blotted out everything in sight....
Or so she should have done...

In the voice woman's hand was a black hole that absorbed all of Amanda's light.

"Ara, how careless Amanda didn't remember you as an impulsive person... or wait, yes you were an impulsive person hehe" Just at this moment Sofia turned around to see... her grandmother.....

"Grandma?! Are you dead too?" Sofia exclaimed surprised that someone like her grandmother could have died, although that would explain why she never saw her again....

"No dear, in fact I don't think she could die in the conventional way" Astrid replied dismissing all doubt from Sofia's mind, but putting another one in its place.

Spoke Astrid as she wiped the black hole from her hands and approached Sofia, only for Amanda to get in her way.

"What are you doing here?" Amanda asked suspiciously and cautiously.

"I was just going to explain the situation to my dear granddaughter, Sofia" Astrid replied as she shrugged her shoulders.

"So you had children..." Amanda shook her head resigned to the current situation....

"Why don't you get out of the way... before I make you do it?" Astrid provoked as she glared at Amanda but Amanda just clicked her tongue and moved out of the way.

Astrid continued on her way to Sofia and crouched down to her eye level, before touching her breast with her finger....

Suddenly Sofia collapsed and fell limp in the meadow, still with her eyes open... she looked like a lifeless corpse.

Amanda gritted her teeth in anger but did not move from her position as she watched the scene in front of her.

"I repeat, what are you doing here, Lilith?" asked Amanda for the second time....

"Now my name is Astrid, thank you very much for the consideration, but I only brought Sofia here so she would unlock your

Inheritance...after all it is not easy to make a clone of Utho let alone a clone with the genes of a descendant of Merlin" Astrid explained as she carried Sofia on her shoulder and turned around to meet Amanda's eyes.

"...You're such a bitch" Amanda insulted.

"And who are you to talk?" Astrid retorted back looking at Amanda with eyes full of anger....

Amanda simply avoided Astrid's eye contact as memories welled up in her mind, filling her heart with guilt....

"Look I-"

"I don't want your apology... your apology would bring them back?" Astrid said with venom in her voice.

"..." That immediately silenced Amanda, as she gritted her teeth even more.

Without another word Astrid began to walk away with Sofia on her shoulder, before disappearing from Amanda's sight.

"*Haa* I know I was wrong, and it was cruel of me... but you're bringing innocent people into all this..."

 

...

 

AN: Well I underestimated what it means to write two stories at the same time with college kicking my ass.
From now on I will update this novel on: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Monday, returning again on Tuesday and so on.
I feel like the story is going off the rails from what I originally had planned, possibly when I finish it I will do a rewrite of the novel...but that's for much later.

Happy day and study with your brain.

6