Chapter 16
344 10 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

 

Flora and Jean stare at each other while keeping their guard up to anticipate any move of the other.

After a few seconds that feel like an eternity, Flora powered with Inner Mana in her legs moves quickly towards Jean leaving a small crater with the speed of the momentum.

For Jean it is a blink of an eye before Flora appears in front of him, he quickly swings his sword to block Flora's fist. What he didn't expect was for the fist to be a feint and actually hit him with a kick to the hips. Jean has no way to dodge that as his sword blocking stance makes it difficult to move his legs.

"GAH!" shouts Jean receives Flora's kick.

Flora decides to follow up with a fist on her man to make him throw the sword.

But Jean takes distance at the last moment and with his left hand summons 3 ice spears that shoot out towards Flora.

As before Flora creates a wall of fire by stepping on the ground with her right leg. She thinks about whether to use the same trick as before but quickly discards the thought, as it is very likely that the same trick will not work twice, so she decides to quickly jump through the wall of fire molding it in less than a second so as not to suffer damage from it.

What she did not expect was to see Jean with 15 ice spears waiting for her on the other side of the wall, as soon as he saw her he threw all the ice spears at the same time without giving her any time to protect herself.

Flora used her right leg to propel herself into the sky with a fusion of wind and fire magic, but she was not unharmed, she received some scratches from some spears that she could not dodge in time.

Flora decides to quickly descend to the ground away from Jean to give him space to react to any attack he has prepared. After all keeping the fire and wind magics to soar in the air consumed a lot of mana.

Once Flora touched the ground Jean put his left hand on the ground, before a thick layer of ice quickly formed from Jean's floor to Flora's in less than a second.

Flora hit the ground but this time harder than before, unleashing a huge flare in the area nullifying Jean's movement, the latter was forced to create a dome of thick ice to protect himself from the flare.

Flora quickly moves towards the dome and raises her left arm towards the dome generating another great flare that crashes against the dome, which cannot withstand the destructive power of the fire and breaks into pieces. Jean tries to use Inner Mana throughout his body to lessen the damage, which works but he still takes heavy damage.

But Jean now knows where Flora's other Catalyst is located, so now he knows from which places he can unleash magic and predict some of her moves which gives him an advantage.

Flora continues with the assault she tries to hit Jean but Jean defends himself with his sword and even tries to counter attack but fails to land even a single hit on Flora as she dodges with her confused footwork.

Jean thinks that if he keeps this up he will eventually lose as Flora has more physical stamina than him, so he once again enchants his sword with ice magic and intercepts a blow from Flora, freezing her right arm. Flora tries to retreat but Jean overtakes her and starts his offensive.

Jean tries to take more hits from Flora but Flora still manages to dodge although she gets some scratches, Flora can't counter attack as it would leave her guard too exposed if the counter attack fails, but if this keeps up she will eventually lose so....

...well even if I exaggerate on losing but if it would leave me at a disadvantage... well here we go....

Flora suddenly tries to hit him with her left fist.

Gotcha! Jean thought as he saw a chance to freeze her other arm and thus get rid of one of the two catalysts.

But before Jean can hit her with his enchanted sword, Flora's fist is engulfed in fire nullifying Jean's enchantment and managing to repel the sword.

Using the seconds in which Jean is distracted Flora decides to move away a little to thaw her arm using the fire in her left hand. Once thawed she slams her two fists together causing both fists to be on fire.

Jean manages to regain control of the sword and rushes towards Flora again, but before he can reach her she disappears and leaves a small crater.

Feeling the heat on his back Jean decides to show his second Catalyst.

Flora, who used the maximum Inner Mana on her legs, decides to place herself on Jean's back to deliver the coup de grace.

But what she didn't expect was that a large number of ice spears would appear on Jean's back to block Flora's attack.

His second Catalyst is on his back!

Using her Catalyst on her leg she decides to throw herself to the side to dodge the barrage of spears, though this causes her to take a bit of damage from the sudden fall.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is so funny!!! I didn't expect you to have the second Catalyst on your back!!!" Flora laughed out loud getting up from the ground, she was enjoying this incredible confrontation, her blood was boiling with battle... or maybe it was because of the fire in her fists.

"Heh, I'm impressed..." Jean said as he turned to look Flora in the eyes with a small smile on his face.

"Well, so are we still on for this dance? Or maybe you want to give up?" said Flora in an all elegant and teasing manner.

"I was going to ask you the same question my lady..." Replied Jean following the teasing.

With that they both laughed and returned to the combat exchanging blows and spells at high speed.

After 2 minutes of fast but very intense combat, Jean moves far away from Flora and puts his left hand on the ground and starts to charge an attack with all the mana he still has left. Flora realizing that quickly goes for him...

...but she is too late.

"ABSOLUTE ZERO!!!" Jean shouts, proving that he can raise his voice if he feels like it.

The entire Field is frozen from one moment to the next except for Jean where his surroundings remain normal.

Flora is totally frozen from head to toe, even her hair is frozen, if he wasn't fighting her a few moments ago he would think she was an ice sculpture.

"Check" Jean muttered exhausted from using almost all of her mana usage, any more and it would be hazardous to her health.
Jean turned to Alex to declare victory.

"I think-" He said as he looked at Alex with a smirk.

"Not yet" Alex quickly replied as his gaze remained on Flora.

Turning his head quickly towards Flora he saw her... just like before.

Or so he would like to say...

Flora's catalysts were glowing brightly, a moment later a large burst of fire flooded the Field.

"Muspelheim!!!" Shouted Flora's voice releasing her most powerful spell generating a great amount of blood red flames all over the arena melting the floor at her feet.

"WHAT?!" shouted Jean with his eyes wide with shock.

In the middle of the flames was Flora but she looked different, her hair was rising as if it had a life of its own, her eyes glowed a deep red that seemed to have flames inside.

In less than a blink Jean received a full force fist to the stomach from Flora who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, knocking him out with a single blow. I can't even see it coming.

"...How?..." Jean muttered before falling unconscious in Flora's arms.

"WINNER OF THE DUEL: FLORA FLUMIN."

 

...

 

Chapter a little longer than usual.

What did you think of the fight between Flora and Jean?

Anyway, happy day and catch some sunshine.

14