Chapter 20
322 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

 

Sofia got up excited, today was the day where she could practice alchemy.

A form derived from magic focused on the transmutation and transformation of objects and materials.

Maybe she should dye her hair blonde and get a metal arm.

Or maybe not, but either way she was excited this could be a solution to her condition.

Although on further thought, even if she found a cure for her condition she might still not want to be cured. She doesn't know if it's because of her Grey Eyes or if it's something else, but she's sure that a person can't see Mana by conventional methods, but either way her eyes give her a great advantage over other people, as she can tell where her spells are flawed and correct them. For example the Mana Rope (Name invented by Sofia) that links her Outer Mana to her spells, if she didn't have her strange eyes she wouldn't be able to see her terrible Mana management and wouldn't look for a way to correct it, after all, how do you fix or improve something you can't see?

Be that as it may currently Sofia and Clair were in the same room as yesterday, which Sofia blessed with the name Alchemical Room, very original, no?

"Give me your hand miss" Clair said as she stretched out her hand towards Sofia.

"Um" Sofia nodded as she touched Clair's hand.

Clair had given her a chalk in her hands for the formation of the arcane circle.

Clair began to guide Sofia's hand to form a small arcane circle on a heavy of paper, it was a basic alchemy circle of transmutation, the goal, to transform the paper into an origami of a bird.

Sofia makes sure to remember the patterns of the circle's creation. Having no sight she cannot see the arcane circle, so her only alternative is to remember with muscle and spatial memory to make the circle and symbols in the future.

Once the arcane circle is finished Clair brings Sofia's hand on top of the arcane circle but without actually touching it.

"Now take some of your Outer Mana to the arcane circle, I will let you know when it will be enough" Clair said while staring at the arcane circle.

Sofia was a little nervous as her control over her Outer Mana sucked, she still hadn't managed to reduce even a little bit the string that bound her spells....

Nervously and fearfully Sofia began to draw some of her Mana into the arcane circle filling it with magic.

The chalk of the circle began to glow white as her symbols began to move around the circle forming a strange pattern of movements, seeming disorderly and chaotic but strangely ordered and harmonious. Like a strange dance.

For Clair everything was perfectly normal, but for Sofia things were different?

Why do you wonder?

She could see it.

She could see the shape of the circle, she could see the strange dance of the symbols, she could see how the paper was slowly infusing itself with mana coming from the circle.

But she could also see something else...

She could see the mana from the circle escaping from the arcane circle.

At first she thought it was due to her terrible control over her Mana but... this felt different than wasting Mana....

If she had to explain what she was seeing right now it would be as if the Mana formed a flat whirlpool that spun infinitely, but in the center the mana passed into the sheet of paper infusing it with the symbols and with the Mana.

But the problem is in the whirlpool, it seems as if the spinning Mana is escaping from the whirlpool, as if it is not spinning with enough force to keep all the Mana within the confines of the whirlpool.

Before Sofia could comment on the phenomenon in front of her, the light in the circle grew dimmer.

"Ready now you can stop flooding the circle" Clair quickly spoke.

Sofia quickly stopped giving Mana to the circle.

After a few minutes the alchemy was completed.

A small paper bird was on the tables looking up at Sofia and Clair, before it flew to Sofia's hand and stared at her with... curiosity?

"Congratulations miss you have completed your first alchemy spectacularly, better than I expected honestly, Flora almost exploded out of the circle more than once though..." As Clair began to praise Sofia and ramble on.

Sofia kept looking at the paper bird in her hands with a pale face and dead eyes that seemed to have stared into the abyss... and it stared back at them.

"Miss is something wrong?" asked Clair as she realized that Sofia was not responding to her compliments.

For Clair everything had been perfectly normal, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

For Sofia... she felt as if her blood froze from one moment to the next.

The bird in his hands diffused a jet black mist that swirled around him, moving from left to right and right to left, faster and faster, seeming to want to get out of the bird as fast as possible.

This fog... no, this smog gave Sofia a terrible feeling, as if it was going to eat her the moment she looked away, as if you wanted to destroy her for seeing something she shouldn't giving Sofia a sinking feeling with lost and strange thoughts.

Sofia had seen this smog before... it felt just like the center of her grandmother's fog vortex, although her grandmother's felt much worse....

After a few moments the smog shot skyward across the ceiling never to be seen again.

Sofia turned her gaze back to the bird already now possessed a pure, normal white mist, though slowly depleting by the second.

Sofia may have found a possible cure for her eyes....

But she's no longer sure if she wants to pay the cost....

 

...

 

AN: Well I finished watching Cyberpunk the anime ... 100% recommended.

Tomorrow there will be no chapter, sorry, possibly on Sunday there will be one.

Happy day and pump blood.

 

11