Chapter 4: Making Sense Of Things
295 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gangster Mike jumped back from the grill as a blue prompt appeared before him.

"The hell?!" He yelped.

Plated on the blue screen were the words he heard before.

[1x Super Soldier Serum (Grade-C)]

"Super Soldier Serum? Like the one in the Avengers? No wait! More importantly what's going on?!"

Everywhere he looked and everywhere he turned, the blue screen followed, blocking his view as he hit a rack of frozen patties.

Gangster Mike had never experienced such a phenomenon. For a moment he doubted reality, but the numbing pain on his forearms remnant of the sizzling grease told him this was all real.

"Calm down, calm down." He muttered grabbing his chest as he spoke in a mantra, "I'm Gangster Mike, nothing can hurt me. I'm Gangster Mike, nothing can hurt me..."

Having finally calmed down, Gangster Mike brought his attention back to the strange blue screen.

"This must be that system thingy my cousin was talking about. And I must've died and transmigrated into the Marvel Universe with the body of Bob from Bob's Burgers." Gangster Mike keenly concluded.

"That guy from earlier must be my employer. That must also mean I work here. Now everything makes sense!"

"But there's still one question remaining..."

"Why is Bob from Bob's Burgers working at Chubby Boy? Shouldn't he be at his burger restaurant serving delicious burgers with his lovely wife Linda and three children, Tina, Gene, and Louise?"

"Ah!" Gangster Mike thumped his fist as he quickly figured it all out.

"Linda and Bob must have gotten a divorce! Linda took everything from Bob, his kids, his restaurant, his dignity and everything else! No wonder he's working a dead end job at Chubby Boy and living in that sad box he calls an apartment!"

As Gangster Mike nodded in approval, he clicked on the on a syringe icon that signified the Super Soldier Serum.

[Use 1x Super Soldier Serum? Y/N]

Without hesitation, Gangster Mike chose 'Y'.

———

Author's Note: DO NOT OVERTHINK THIS!!!

You'll destroy a few brain cells if you try.

4