Chapter 12: Amaimon Arrives.
289 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning came and the first task as Esquires came in, Yukio led the charge and the guys were brought to Mepphy Land to exorcise a Ghost that has been haunting the grounds. 

Yukio briefed everyone on the job and its specifics, and then a wild school uniform-wearing Shiemi arrived, being a bit late on the schedule, she and Izumo were rushing to the spot, giving a divine view to the boys waiting for them. Rin saw the sight and then looked at the excited and blushing faces of the boys, only to chuckle and sneak a picture of this to tease them later on.

Yukio divided the Esquires into two-man teams and asked them to spread out and cover more ground. Like in the original, Shiemi went with Rin and her face was really a sight to remember, Rin sneaked a picture of her desperately trying to control the giddy look on her face.

"You know Rin, I have always wanted to come to places like amusement parks with my friends when I was a child, but my weak body held me back from both. And now, I am finally here, even if it is on a job, I can't help but feel excited~" Shiemi smiled.

"Don't worry, you have friends now, if you want to do something, come tell us, you don't have to act mature being the little girl you are." Rin chuckled.

His eyes darted off to the little ghost that was sitting/floating on a ride and looking at them chat with an eager look on that baby face.

"Come here, yes, I am talking to you, this little girl and you have the same regrets, so just go ahead and drag her around the park and enjoy like you never could. But make sure you don't cause trouble for the others and come back here by the end of two hours." Rin pushed Shimi's back with an encouraging look and the little ghost was way too happy not to take the offer.

He instantly dragged Shiemi to the rides and started to enjoy the hell out of them, Rin, on the other hand, had a somber look on his face, "I know you are here dear brother, just show up and maybe we can have ourselves some nice brother time to better our bonds."

Amaimon who was about to sneak behind Rin stopped in his tracks and jumped before him with a curious look on his face, "Other than your handsome face, I don't think you are intriguing enough to make father and brother take notice of you."

"Well, let's not say that being the first halfling our dear father has ever spawned, I guess that makes me a bit interesting and there is also the fact that I am the only person, other than that, I guess I am the only one among us siblings who inherited our dear father's trademark ability." Rin chuckled as a little blue wisp formed on his fingertip.

"Oho~ I see" Amaimon popped a lollipop in his mouth and rushed towards Rin with a balled-up fist. Rin sighed as he evaded the punch and drove his knee in Amaimon's gut and elbowed him to the ground.

"Come on, is this how you treat your little brother you have seen for the first time?" Rin spoke with a playful smirk on his face, while Amaimon had a look of clear surprise.

And then it began...

The two demons started a fistfight that was tearing the Mepphy Land down with great commotion and fanfare, though it was mostly Rin dodging Amaimon's hits and charging counters at precise moments. This was only because the fact that Rin was nowhere near the level that he could compete even footed against Amaimon in terms of sheer strength, the latter had millennia to get used to his demonic powers.

So, it was mostly Rin throwing Amaimon's unskilled ass around, diverting the attack force and crushing him into the ground here and there. Amaimon, who was now utterly pissed had thrown all concerns to the air and started summoning earth golems to attack Rin with the sole intention to grind him into paste.

And this was something that Rin was still incapable of handling with his current abilities, thus it ensued in him getting thrown around, as they say, what goes around, comes around.

Rin had drawn the Kurikara and even with the flame-coated blade, the power was nowhere enough to deal with three golems that were regenerating any and all damage that he could do them, and burning them into ashes with a huge flame was certainly undesirable.

But with time, Rin had adjusted to the three golems and could keep damaging them without taking any. But this did not last long before Amaimon simply added two more into the mix, ticking Rin off, "you bastard of a brother, why can't you play fair?"

"You are too slippery, even for us demons, and you managed to piss me off, I am not leaving until you are beaten into a pig's head today~" Amaimon stated, rubbing his bruised cheek.

"And now I think I know why they like you so much, you grow way too fast, and you are quite smart as well." Amaimon continued, as he popped another candy in his mouth.

"Hey, give me a candy, I want one too~" Rin spoke as he slashed apart an earth golem.

Rin had found a way to make his blade sharper, after coating his blade in flames, he made the flames grind against each other from the opposite directions, giving the blade a mean chainsaw-ish edge. The blade was passing the golems like a hot knife through butter.

Amaimon was not stingy for the moment and threw Rin a mango-flavored lollipop and sat back to enjoy the show. After the next few minutes of fighting, Rin figured out another trick, he let the flames stick to the cuts he made, making the golems unable to regenerate easily.

Amaimon and Mephisto, who was looking at the show from afar were way too pleased with Rin's growth and were happy campers the whole time.

But then, a wild Yamato appeared, and the wild Yamato was about to be turned into Yamato patty under the hands of Amaimon's golem before Rin slashed it's hand and took Yamato away from the Golems.

"You bastard, are your eyes still functional? Can't you see the damn monsters? You really want to die that badly?" Rin asked with an annoyed face.

But for Yamato who was in Rin's arms had a whole different thought process running through his head, 'blue flames? earth golems, and AMAIMON? what the fuck is going on in here?'

But before he could say or do anything, Rin placed him behind his back and brought his face close to him and sighed, "you know man, I don't know if you have difficulties you can't say or something, but please try changing whatever soap, shampoo or perfume you use, your scent is way too distracting."

And before he could continue, three golems attacked them at the same time, with Amaimon's voice coming right after, "less flirting and more fighting, even if you like that woman, there is a time and place little brother~"

"Huh?"

Rin shakily looked behind him to see Yamato, or someone who called themselves Yamato take off the hoodie they had always worn, and the sight that welcomed Rin made him unable to look away. He was staring like he had found the door to heaven or something similar.

18