Volume 1 Chapter 1: The Beginning with the Mysterious Stranger
73 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in a continent of small and tall mountains in the world, where the length of the ranges would reach its end, there was a specific land where it was hidden by tall brown vertical plants, some were thick and thin like grass. From afar, it would look like a pyramid. A shape that would make people think of a great treasure inside filled with power and money, but the risk was too high to take and nobody knew what could be inside there.

What if there was nothing at all? Not a single treasure or a coin.

Nobody dared to go inside, not even small animals. Even animals with lower intellects that only use their instincts knew that going inside the plants was a bad idea. Just these actions from animals made the rest of the living beings know that going in would be a bad idea.

Seeing what was inside the plants was already so dark that even the sun was shining brightly and it couldn't breakthrough. The thick plants blocked the rays of light. People thought that in summer, the inside of the plants would be as cold as the night and during winter, the insides would be warm like the sun was shining there with clouds on the skies.

Every night, it rustled like there was a wild animal inside and during the day, it's just complete silence and swaying of the plants.

Humans had always been thinking of other beings than themselves. Truly, some of those beings were just humans but they were just hidden, away from their knowledge and sight.

Deep inside the plants, there was a tall wall. The walls were made out of huge thick rectangular rough stones, together in a form of blocks over blocks. It was old and mossy and if those were formed already, whatever was inside must be as old as the walls.

Behind the wall was a—

The day had just reached the early afternoon and a kid was walking calmly over the path that was made by the numerous steps of men and women. The place was dark and beside him were tall brown plants. The path he was taking was dark but the end of it was shining brightly by the sunlight. When he reached into the sunlight he muttered, "...Ah... The crops aren't ready yet for harvesting."

The kid had an average height for his age. He was ten years old. He had brown messy wavy hair. He hadn't cut it for a long time and his hair covered his ear and eyebrows. His skin was naturally white and smooth. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with black suspenders and dark brown shorts that reached on his knees. He looked so gentle and kind.

He continued walking in a medium-sized farm where there were vegetations, chicken coops, and small barns around him. He glanced around, checking for everything on the farm until he observed the rice crops and roamed around the field. The area where it was filled with plants was clean-cut that they were able to build a farm. In addition, the people were so mathematical that they were able to know where the sunlight would hit in a specific time. Because of that, there was sunshine in that place.

"Hmmm..."

He squatted and observed something peculiar in the wet area of the rice field.

A footprint facing towards the rice crops.

It was still deep and the water slightly filled the footprint. It didn't lead him to confusion because there were people that had been visiting the farm. The footprint was days old and the kid was wondering, Why would it be facing towards the rice crop? Did someone go in and left? It could ruin the rice crop.

"Maybe it was just an accident like someone stepped on it."

He stood up and the wind blew hard, pushing the rice crops to its side, he saw someone sleeping on a flat smooth large rock. His feet were in the water, belly, and chest on the rock, and his head was hanging on the end of the rock, facing his face on the rock. And he looked so thin and malnourished and his age was probably between sixteen to eighteen. In fact, he looked like a teenager.

He was wearing a white shirt and it was dirty. There were scratches on it and torn parts. His black loose shorts were covered with mud and dirty substance.

I don't recognize someone like him back in our home.

He went near to the person sleeping comfortably. He carefully stepped on the wet areas and tried not to damage the rice crops.

As he was near enough to touch the random stranger on the stone, he was not scared at all. His mind was blank except for the thought of wanting to know who this stranger was.

He put his knees in the water and looked at his jet-black hair. He was not scared of getting wet and dirty at all.

What should I do in a situation like this? I've never met a stranger by myself.

He started poking the head of the person gently with his finger to try and wake him up.

The poking didn't wake him up so he started pushing gently with his exact finger, to make him feel that someone was touching his head.

Hoping to wake him up without causing trouble and ask him about himself and why he was on the farm. He might act aggressive or hurt someone for no reason at all.

If that happens, I could run fast and shout for help from the patrols around here.

The head moved to the direction where the pushing was. He didn't stop until that one push that pushed his head over the edge of the stone. The head fell and dominantly pulled his whole body together with the head.

He fell in the water and flipped his whole body.

I AM SO DEAD!

The water was not deep, but it was deep enough to cover a man's body by staying flat.

He was still acting calm but in his thoughts, he was panicking and the situation turned bad. He didn't know what to do with this situation either. He slowly stood up and looked at the person who just submerged.

There were bubbles coming out of the water. It was the perfect moment when he exhaled out the air before he went into the water.

He thought he was drowning and could die from the water of the rice field.

"Oh, no! This is bad!"

He rushed the area where he fell because he knew the person was in trouble. He placed his hands into the water to grab him and take him out of the water.

The moment when he inhaled water, he inhaled a quite amount of water in his nose. The sensation of water going inside his nose woke him up. He panicked and rushed out of the water.

The kid got surprised by the sudden explosion of the person that burst out from the water. He was gasping for air and coughed badly.

The kid moved backward and fell into the water. He was hurt from the fall and saw the person coughing repetitively.

He was trying to release the water out from his nostrils and clear his breathing from the water.

The kid knew he did a bad thing and it was all of his faults. He felt really bad from the person coughing hard. He went near to him and apologized, "Mister, I'm really sorry. I pushed you into the water."

The person finally cleared his nostrils and breathed in the air. He started to inhale deeply and exhale a lot until he was breathing normally.

"Haa..."

"Mister, are you okay?"

"Yeah, how about you? Are you alright?'

The kid froze in complete confusion. He didn't answer his question because he didn't know what to say from that. He didn't drown together with him.

Also, for the person, he thought that the kid was drowning with him and was concerned if he was okay.

The kid whispered, "Uhhh..."

He stood up and stretched his arms and body. He just woke up from a good sleep on the rock then, his stomach grumbled loudly. He looked at the kid and asked him,

"Hey, do you have something to eat? I'm really hungry."

"I live in a tavern... We serve people food and a place to stay."

"Heh? That's good as long as there's food. C'mon, let's get going to your tavern."

He thought he would attack him because he pushed him into the water and made him cough badly. But he was wrong. Just before, he even thought that he would attack for waking up.

He offered a hand to the kid and he accepted it. He smiled at him and pulled him up. When he saw his friendly and kind face, he felt the need to know about his name and himself.

His thoughts finally made something new from the thoughts he made earlier that this person was a good man.

"Before that, you mind telling me your name?"

"My name? My name. My name..."

"..."

He stopped moving and the kid was left out from him not answering the question. He started looking somewhere else and his black eyes looked like he was trying to go deep into his past, trying to remember his name.

They were quiet for a while and the kid didn't mind waiting for an answer.

The person flinched like he remembered something. He looked at the kid with a smile.

"Hehe... I forgot."

The kid dazed from his answer.

"EHHH!!! How could you forget your own name?"

"I don't know. I just can't remember it. Say, where is your tavern?"

He started walking out of the rice field and left the kid. The kid rushed beside him and tried to talk about himself. He was disturbed by his answer and about his being. The person who slept on the rock just became a mysterious box that the kid wanted to open him violently like a gift given by the parents.

"Do you know where you live?"

"Nope."

"Do you know the names of your parents?"

"Nah."

"Anything about your past?"

"I was hungry and I want to eat."

"You're kidding right?"

He smiled at the kid and saw a pathway where the kid walked. He pointed at the path and told him, "Is this the right path?"

"Uh. Yeah."

"Let's go!"

They started walking in the path where the kid took. The end of the path would be the tavern and the home of the kid. They stopped talking for a while and the kid had nothing from his questions given to the person. He just gave up and continued walking.

When they reach the end, there was a tall mossy wall in front of them.

He looked at the top part of the wall and asked, "Say, you won't mind telling me your name right?"

The kid forgot to introduce himself despite he had not given his name yet. Though it was rude that he didn't introduce himself but he was sure that he completely forgot his name and that couldn't be helped.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Leo. Nice to meet you."

He smiled at Leo and replied, "Nice to meet you, Leo. My name is-"

Leo suddenly felt hope that he could know something about himself when he said something about his name. He slowly showed a happy face, preparing to know his name.

"I forgot..."

Leo's face changed in instant and his hope was shattered that was more fragile than glass. He was disappointed by that answer and he kept smiling at Leo.

He felt bad from the reaction of Leo but it couldn't really be helped. He apologized, "I'm sorry if I couldn't remember my name."

Leo felt bad from forcing him to remember a past that he couldn't remember. He tried and the result was nothing.

"No, no. It's my fault. I really want to know you because you are a complete mysterious stranger. But there is one thing that I know about right now... You are hungry."

"That's right! Hahaha!"

Leo held his hand and went near to the wall. As he was facing the wall, he had thoughts about his actions of bringing a stranger in a kingdom that was isolated to almost everything. He and Leo could get in trouble for doing it but there's one thing that his mind was settled from that moment he met him.

He's a good man and he needs food.

Both of them walked into the walls easily like there was a path with no obstacles. Leo walked in first and pulled him into the wall.

He felt surprised by the magic going on between the walls and Leo that he exclaimed in a short moment that was cut before he went inside the wall, "Wo-"

The wall was not an illusion, it was made of real material of rock. Leo was able to get inside because he lived inside the wall. There was a magic that would let specific people get inside and that magic had been bounded inside the person like Leo.

If someone was not a resident in the walls, the person could not enter.

Whoever lived inside could get in and get out from the walls but with the hand of Leo that was in contact with his body, Leo passed his card to get him inside the wall as well. The magic would see this as one body rather than two. Thus, letting him in.

At the end of the wall, they went inside and saw everything with people. Leo was familiar with the place since he was born there and the person with him, he was amazed by the stupefying aesthetic landscape and buildings.

In front of them was a wide main road that reached to the top where there was a huge castle. The castle had a thin tall bell tower and on top of the sharp roof was a flagpole holding a flag to its peak.

The design of the flag had a red background and a black cross in the middle. At the intersection of the cross, there was a white symbol of an angel with its wing and it was cut in half, leaving the left side of the angel only.

Some parts of the castle were covered by a wall at the sides but the stairs of the castle were clearly seen.

Beside the roads were old medieval houses. All of them were made of wood and each house had a lot of windows. Most of them had chimneys and a lot of them had nothing on their walls as designs.

The land was formed like a slope. There were four layers that would be distinguished by circles. The first circle, second circle, third circle, and the fourth circle which would be the castle. Each circle, starting from circle two, would be elevated until its peak. Behind the castle would be a slight slope that was falling down and had no road. Every outline of the circle had small roads, they intersected the main road and ended at the slope that was behind the castle.

Leo faced at him and slowly looked in front, "Welcome to Drigmor."

—A kingdom.

0