Volume 1 Chapter 8: The Training of Airis and Polly
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the walls of the kingdom, the place began to be shady as it was hit by the sunlight and blocked by the plants repeatedly. Book was sent to the clinic on the east side of the castle by Kiji and Kairos. He was being treated by the nurse who was managing the clinic.

In the clinic, the room was filled with beds, a chair and a desk, and cabinets for medical. Kiji was talking with the nurse after she treated Book. They were talking about the condition of Book while Kairos was looking at Book resting on the bed. Book was shirtless as his shirt was worn out and wet and he was covered with bandages around his hands and his left arm.

Kairos smiled at Book and whispered, "This kid will soon become a great knight."

Despite the failure Book wanted to show, as an opportunity, to Kairos that he could become a knight of his standard, Kairos believed that Book would become a great knight. Because Book would work hard for it as he promised to him that he would become a knight, not just an ordinary knight, but a knight of Kairos' standard. This would definitely change and even influence Book in the future.

Kiji approached Kairos and told about the condition of Book, "The nurse said that the bones of his left fingers were cracked and he had a lot of deep wounds on his hands. His muscles of his left arm were torn and he lost a lot of blood, but he'll be all right. He can walk back to his place in the evening."

"Ahhh... That's good to hear. I think you should give him time to rest."

"Don't worry, he can have days to rest."

The afternoon had come into the day and Polly and Airis just finished their lunch. They were walking up the stairs to the fourth floor to attend the exam. As they were walking Polly asked, "Hey, Airis, what did you learn from the hint given by Teacher Jarine?"

"Hehe. I'll surprise you when I show it to you."

"Heh? Really? Then I will show you something that will surprise you."

"Oh, we will see it all when we start.", she said with a faint smile.

They entered the training room on the fourth floor and the whole room was huge and its shape was a cylinder. The walls of the room were made out of smooth gray blocks of stones that formed into a block over a block. Each of those blocks was so thick and big that it could deflect Magic and withstand a lot of force. Even the ceilings were made out of them and there were holes in ceilings where the strong lights were emitting to light the whole room. On the floor, the whole place was a different biome. The room was formed into four quadrants, the first quadrant was a snowy place where the whole area was covered in snow, the second quadrant was a forest that had a lot of trees, plants, vines, and more, the third quadrant was a beach, and the fourth was a plain tall grassland. In the middle of those biomes is a circular shaped area that was covered with sands, where people would usually stay first before using any of the biomes. With each of those biomes, they were so perfectly replicated like their temperature, the things found in them, and more.

They walked in front of a line and saw Jarine standing, waiting for them. Polly waved her hand at her and she smiled at them. When they approached her, she greeted them, "Good afternoon, girls. Are you prepared for your exam?"

Both of them excitingly answered in unison, "Yes!"

"Before we will start, I will explain your exam. It is as simple as it is not about accuracy."

"..."

"Whaaaat?!", the girls shouted in unison as they were surprised and confused.

They were confused as they were told that the exam would be about accuracy and now, they were told that the exam was not about accuracy. So Jarine continued, "Don't worry, the books you've read are vital for this exam."

"Oh...", the girls breathed as they were relieved.

"I was told that your exam with Kiji was unfair and when I understood it, it was unfair to Airis."

Airis talked immediately, "I know right!"

"Your final exams are coming and I want to use my time to train yourself with all that you've got. I studied your training and exams from Kiji and mine from the videos we got when you were training."

Polly asked, "We were being filmed?", as she pointed her finger to herself.

"Yes, the training grounds were surrounded by birds carrying a camera on their necks. So Polly and Airis, both of you have identical mental abilities, you think quick, smart, wise and decide so easily with great execution and timing. You have a lot of knowledge and experience. Regarding physical abilities, Airis doesn't have much strength and speed compared to Polly. And Polly, you have the height that Airis doesn't have so you have the advantage and won the exam easily."

Polly giggled as she knew it and Airis glared at her.

Jarine continued, "But when it comes to Magic abilities, Airis is the strongest because she has the most numbers of varieties of skills and her Magic level. Making your Magic abilities, Polly, weak and inferior against Airis' Magic level. Basically, Polly has the physical abilities and Airis has magical abilities. Making Polly the strongest in physical and Airis the strongest in Magical. Completely the strongest in both opposite abilities."

"Let's talk more in the center, shall we?", she asked.

"Okay!", Polly agreed and Airis hummed in agreement.

For both abilities, none of them had a weakness with each other. A physical user could beat magical or physical users and magical users could beat magical and physical users. In addition, both users would deplete their energy within them, resulting in exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and more. Eventually, they would faint. Also, Magic would not deplete more energy than physical users. Both users would deplete their energy equally, unless of how much energy was being used for their abilities.

A couple of minutes later and they arrived in the sands area of the training room. They settled in the middle and Jarine told them, "I want you to train with all you got. If you're worried about the final exam, don't be because the winner won't become a knight. Sir Lena, Sir Rugen, Sir Rius, and the king shall decide if you have become a knight from what they see from your performance. Of course, if you failed, you have to train again.", she smiled at the end.

The girls stayed silent and listened very carefully. They were not worried about training again as they committed themselves to become a knight together.

She continued, "Remember, this is just a training. Don't do anything too far that will lead to permanent injuries. Make this more of a show than killing with each other. The result I want to see at the end of this training is that both of you are alive and exhausted. And here is my rule for this: Failure to do what I said shall never become a knight. Understood?"

Polly agreed with high energy, "I understand!"

Airis answered casually, "Yes, Sir Jarine."

Jarine clapped once and smiled at them and before she left, she ended, "I'm off now. You can go all out and wreck the whole room if you want."

Jarine left and both of the girls stared at each other seriously with their smiles. Airis was so hyped from this training that an explosion of electricity came out around her body. The sands were blown away from the shockwave released from the explosion and she was surrounded by electricity as they were moving around her body.

She confidently asked, "Are you ready, Polly?"

Polly was also excited about this training that the sands were floating around her and slowly clumping with each other. Those clumped sands were moving towards the skin of Polly.

She answered childishly, "Do you have to ask~?", as she tilted her head with a smile.

Both of them had nothing to hold for. They would go all out.

Somewhere in each biome, Polly created four huge tentacles that were combined with things found in the biomes. Airis was not scared and stared at Polly confidently. The tentacles were so high and the sharp tips of the tentacles pointed towards Airis.

Airis then increased the amount of electric current, area of electricity, and the brightness. Then, she jumped forward at Polly at great speed and the tentacles started to move towards Airis. When Airis was near to Polly, Polly submerged in the sands completely, leaving Airis with the four big tentacles on top of her.

Airis stopped where Polly submerged and looked at the sharp tips of tentacles. She smiled with no worries. The tentacles hit the ground and continued moving inside the ground. A cloud of dust was created from the impact. Then, Airis jumped upwards out from the cloud and was not injured by the tentacles. She dodged them all easily. The tentacles were not done. When the cloud of dust dispersed, the tentacles moved up and emerged out from the ground as their tips proceeded upward where Airis was. When Airis stopped to the maximum height from the jump, she started to fall, then she raised her clenched fists and a huge ball of electricity was created around her hands. The tentacles moved upward with great speed with no way of stopping and in midway, they stuck together, forming one giant tentacle with four sharp tips. When the tentacle and Airis were near in impact, she slammed her big ball of electricity at the tentacles while falling down. When the tentacle hit the ball of electricity, it reduced to atoms.

The tentacle was getting destroyed and she continued to fall and now, she was faster. But when the whole tentacle was gone, stepped on the ground and she forcefully slammed her hands with the ball of electricity on the ground and shouted, "JUPITER'S COLLISION"

Upon impact, the ball of electricity enlarged and released a bright radiating light of electricity around the area, including Airis herself, but she was not harmed. In addition, during its enlargement of the ball, lightning strikes were released out from the ball.

The area, where she was, created a huge crater and ripples of cracks through the whole ground of the training room. Then, the whole ground, including the four biomes, was sent up high in a ripple effect. The snow was seen, the trees were seen, the grasslands were seen, and the lands and waters of the beach were seen. The single Magic attack destroyed the formation of the whole ground, resulting to complete devastation.

After that, the pieces of cracked grounds in the air were falling down.

When Airis looked down, she saw the dark abyss of what's below her as the ground under her was falling apart. There, she saw red eyes from the dark and hands that were prepared to strangle anything. It was Polly and she launched herself towards Airis.

Shit! She's beneath me!

Airis thought.

Quickly, Airis jumped away from her. But Polly was faster and she was able to grab her both shoulders. She locked her down by placing her arms together with her body.

Airis was in trouble when she's within the hands of someone who would never let go.

This is bad! She got me!!

But Polly was constantly being injured by the electricity around her. She didn't care as she was tough. She stepped on the ground and Airis showed an angry face and shouted, "RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!", trying to get herself free.

The electricity got bigger and the electric current increased and it was ejecting more electricity that was lightning strikes. And Polly was already hurting. Her body was slowly getting scratches, burns, and wounds.

"Your Electricity is really annoying, Airis!!!", she got pissed off.

Parts of her clothes were slowly getting burned, but she still tried to resist that she slammed Airis' back on the ground. It was so powerful that she created a crater around Airis. Airis was hurt from the back and spat out blood, but the number of electric currents didn't stop increasing.

The area, where they were at, was so bright that from afar, it was hard to see what's inside.

Polly had enough with electricity and threw Airis from her shoulder with one of her hands. While flying, the electricity around her was getting smaller and weaker. The throw was strong that she could not stop the speed she was flying that she rolled on the ground and while rolling, parts of her armors were falling off. When she stopped rolling, Polly's arm was shaking because they were paralyzed. A small amount of electricity was moving around her body and a lot of amounts were around her arms. Her hands and forearms were completely burned and there was smoke coming out from the burns.

She looked at her arms and thought, Damn, Airis and her paralysis!

She clenched her fist tightly and tensed her muscles to move her arms. It was so painful that she screamed. While screaming, spikes were formed around her. The scratches and wounds around her arm, when she fully tensed her muscles, squirted blood. Now, she was mad and looked Airis fiercely.

Airis slowly stood up from the ground and her face was bleeding coming from her head. Blood was flowing from her mouth, too, and she was covered in dirty, wounds, and scratches. Her armor and clothes were ruined and she was badly injured. The only left of her armor was her breastplate that was damaged with dents.

Airis looked down with a shadowy face and she was slouching. Both of them had not given up yet. Suddenly, pieces of rocks started to float up high and after looking at Airis, in front of her, a great hammer, that was made out of rocks, emerged out from the ground and she grabbed the handle. One of the faces of the hammer was bigger than the other face and it was spikier and rougher. She prepared herself by spinning it around her then posed as the handle of the hammer rested on her shoulder. Airis continued looking down and electricity started to get stronger around her.

Polly dashed forward and spikes were created beside her while she was running. Airis was not done yet, the amount of her Magic was so great that before she executed her one strong Magic skill, she whispered, "ZEUS"

A big explosion of electricity came around her and released a strong shockwave of electricity that blew a lot of things away around her. After the explosion, Airis was seen and was surrounded by a field of electricity that was transparent. The color of the field was electric blue and her eyes looked sharp and strong.

Polly continued dashing and at midway, she was amazed, "Woah! That's amazing!"

She summoned sharp tips of pillars of rocks from the spikes beside her and moved them towards Airis.

Airis stood still calmly and the pillars of rocks went ahead of Polly. When the pillars were on its way to Airis, lighting came out from the field of electricity and destroyed those pillars easily. Then, Polly jumped high and raised her hammer up to slam it on Airis' head.

Airis looked up slowly and raised her right hand. When she slammed, she screamed and hit the palm of Airis. The handle of the hammer broke when the face of the hammer didn't penetrate through the field outside her hand. Naturally, she fell on her hands and knees in front of Airis. Then she looked up and saw a fist of Airis coming towards her face. The feeling of the punch was like a lightning strike. Immediately, Polly went inside the ground and dodged the attack. When Airis punched the ground, the area exploded. After that, she was surrounded by a cloud of dust.

Polly landed safely as she popped out away from her and grabbed another hammer from the ground and it was times two bigger. She dashed forward into the dispersing cloud and swung the hammer at her side. The swing of the hammer was so fast and strong that it blew the cloud of dust away completely, but the hammer broke again when the face of the hammer touched the field around her. Airis didn't try to defend herself at this point. So she attacked Polly and she dodged them all. Then another great hammer jumped out from the ground and it was times three its size. Polly grabbed it and swung at her when she had a chance, but it broke. Airis took the chance and punched Polly on the stomach. It pushed her away while her feet were on the ground. The punch was not strong, but the field of electricity hurt that there was a circular hole on her clothing, revealing her bellybutton that was burned.

It's not working, huh?

She was slowly testing of how much durability of her hammers could penetrate the field of Airis. So another two hammers jumped from the ground and they were times four and times five in everything. She grabbed it with both of her hands and dashed towards Airis.


Let's see if these two can penetrate that field.

Airis stood still with her dead serious eyes and suddenly, released a shockwave of electricity around her, resulting in ejections of electricity randomly in the room.

Some electricity, that had a very sharp tip, moving at a fast pace, was going towards Polly's face and sliced through her arms, cheeks, and mostly at the sides of her body, making it bleed. Polly didn't mind it and moved forward. She then jumped and started spinning around diagonally towards Airis with the hammers.

Airis was confident that her field of electricity would defend from her attacks so she let her do it. Also, she was making Polly waste her energy.

While spinning, Polly raised one hammer, the times four hammer, and slammed her head. The hammer broke. She spun one more time and raised the other hammer. Then she slammed the head again and kneeled on the ground as she landed.

She hit the field of electricity with five different hammers and she was staring down at the ground. She whispered, "MOUNT FALLEN"


She submerged into the ground and left Airis in the area as she saw Polly escaped. While looking down, Airis realized the ground was shadowed like something was above her. She casually looked up and saw a giant boulder of mixed rocks and other materials coming down towards her at great speed.

Airis stood still and let that big boulder hit her. Upon impact, it released a huge shockwave, blowing everything in the room and moved them to the walls. When the boulder stayed up straight, it crumbled, creating a huge cloud of dust.

Then Polly emerged out from the ground away from Airis. She watched the boulder collapsed. But sparks were seen inside the cloud of dust and saw the figure of Airis standing straight. Polly smiled as she realized something.

She thought, Teacher Jarine was right, my level of Magic is weak, making anything I create so fragile against Airis' Magic.

This is what Jarine told her, Polly's Magic was weak that anything she would create could easily be destroyed by Airis' Magic. If Polly had more Magic in her, anything she could create would destroy that field of electricity easily.

Polly looked around the room and felt something bad about it, "Airis just made the whole room filled with electricity."

She looked around and saw electricity moving anywhere from the room. And they were getting bigger. Some electricity from the ceiling was touching the ground and some were touching the ceilings.

"I have to defeat her quick or my whole body will get paralyzed."

The whole room was slowly being filled with electricity. The walls were specifically made to make anything inside stay inside. So the Magic of Airis was spreading and increasing the electric current inside the room. The first thing that would happen to Polly would be complete paralysis as the current was too much for her to handle. Airis could win without touching Polly, she could let the room defeat her, but that's cowardly. In addition, she used the room as an advantage. The walls could deflect Magic, so the electricity and the electric current would never go away or decrease.

The cloud of dust vanished and Airis sprinted towards Polly. Airis prepared her right punch and Polly told to herself, "If my Magic can't touch her, then..."

She prepared her right punch, too, and said, "Let's see if my fist can."

When Airis was near and she threw her punch, a lightning strike came out in front of her fist.

Polly slid her foot backward to level her punch with hers because Airis was short. So Polly threw her punch, too. She punched the lightning strike first and got hurt. But she ignored the pain as she screamed, making her pierced through the lightning strike, the field of electricity easily as she cracked it open, and eventually, going for Airis' fist.

This was how strong Polly's Physical abilities were and Airis knew it.

Upon impact, they hit each other's fist. The blows were too strong that a shockwave was released from their fists. But when Airis hit the fist of Polly, she released a shockwave of electricity and it passed through the arm of Polly, resulting in deep burns and paralysis. While for Polly, her fist released a force of shockwave that passed through Airis' arm and completely breaking her arm.

Both arms were damaged severely and they were shouting with their force and all of their might to push each other's arm.

But Polly's punch was more powerful that a shockwave was released and it sent Airis to fly away. She flew to the wall and hit her back badly. The wall didn't break and Airis fell like a ragged doll.

Did I win?

Polly thought she won as she saw Airis falling down like that. Airis could still get up from that and attack her again, but both of them were already exhausted, wounded and covered with injuries. When she tried to move, she was in complete shock as she widened her eyes.

... My body... I can't move it.

Polly's body was in complete paralysis because of the room. Eventually, she fell on the ground like a ragged doll. Her thoughts could still be managed, but the control of her body was impossible. She couldn't lift a finger.

It was too late...

The training was finished.

Polly had the speed, strength, and toughness, but she could not handle the electricity in her body when it kept increasing rapidly. She used Magic, but it seemed the Magic level of Airis' Magic was too great that it was useless. If she tried diversion or any tactics, Airis could easily destroy the whole room again and plus, her field of electricity was impenetrable by Polly's Magic because hers was weak, but her fist was one of the strongest so it pierced through the field. Her body may have the toughness, but it would not be tough enough when the electric current got higher.

It was quite remarkable for Polly's body to take a lot of electric currents. Anyone who had not trained their body, they would have been burned, paralyzed, and died immediately. Unlike Polly, her toughness paid off and even going too far from it.

Airis, on the other hand, her Magic was powerful, but her physical was weak. She could easily get injured by any physical attacks. Her electricity Magic didn't affect her physical abilities because Magic could only create, move, and destroy. Her skill "ZEUS" was one of her specials that would give her a field of electricity that would defend herself from anything outside and spread electricity around her, causing anyone in it to feel the electricity and would get paralyzed when touched as its electric current rapidly would increase.

Later on, Polly rested and Airis rested together on the destroyed ground. Somewhere within a block of stone, Jarine was watching them like the inside of the block was a room. She could see what's inside the training room, yet nobody could see inside the block.

She was sitting down on a sofa while watching the whole fight and observed, "Hmmm... Just how much could destroy if they were outside."

The whole room was a mess, complete havoc. The biomes were scattered everywhere and some of the places went down, some went up, forming mountains and deep trenches.

Sooner or later both of the girls were sent to the clinic. They were all patched up with bandages around their bodies.

Jarine was there talking with the nurse. After that, she went near in between their beds and thought, Polly, badly burned right arm and some burned spots around her. Her body was paralyzed, but it was not serious... Airis, bones in her right arm are broken and some body parts, the muscles were torn to shreds. Both of them are alive and exhausted...

She smiled and whispered, "Good job, girls."

No one had a permanent injury and she left the room for them to recover peacefully.

If that was just their training, how much more they would show if it was the final exam?

Time passed and the day started to die. The houses of the kingdom started to turn their lights inside and outside. Making the kingdom aesthetic again. But inside the castle, in the clinic where Book rested, he woke up as he opened his eyes immediately and blurted, "Eh? Where am I?"

The nurse sitting on the chair, writing something on a book with her desk, noticed him. She said, "Book, good evening. You're almost going to recover fully. You can go back home if you want to. Mails will be delivered soon to your residence about your training."

"Where's Kairos?", he lifted his upper body and asked her.

"He left the castle after he helped you, together with Kiji.

"WHAT?!"

Book was surprised that Kairos left the castle, but he was still in the kingdom. He rushed and ran to the door. When he grabbed the doorknob, he stopped after his stomach grumbled and said, "Ah. I'm hungry."

He opened and ran outside. He decided to go back to the tavern rather than seeing Kairos. As a matter of fact, Book didn't even know where Kairos was in the kingdom. He would look around the kingdom for him. When he went outside the clinic, he shouted, "Thanks for everything!"

The nurse popped her head out the door and shouted, "Please refrain from anything! You need more rest!!"

Book's injuries were already recovering, all it needed was rest. He could move around, but excessive movement or tensing of the muscles could damage the injuries worse or open the wounds.

Book ran to the tavern, but the evening was already late. Inside the tavern, Bop was cleaning the kitchen, Kairos and his friends were nowhere to be found, and there were men sleeping on the floor. Leo was already sleeping and Catherine, too, in their rooms.

Inside the room of Book and Catherine, she was getting worried because Book hadn't gone home yet and she didn't know yet which room was his. She was embarrassed to ask that it might make it obvious so she didn't ask.

While on her bed, she was lying down with her eyes closed while her consciousness was still active. She thought, Book, where are you?

"..."

She slept quietly and comfortably. Outside the tavern, Book arrived in front of its door. He slammed the door opened and shouted immediately, "I'm back!!!"

The sleeping men on the floor woke up in surprise that all of them were mumbling, "What?..."

"Who was that?"

"Oh... It's Book...", when one noticed.

And more unintelligible mumbling as they were confused when they just woke up from shout of Book.

Bop noticed Book and he was happy to see him back so, he greeted, "Hey, Book, you're back!"

Book went upfront and smiled at him, "Bop, I'm hungry. Hihi."

Bop laughed and replied, "Okay! Coming right up."

He started cooking for Book and unfortunately, nobody from the upstairs heard anything downstairs. They could happily greet Book.

After cooking and the dishes were on the table, Bop laughed while watching Book eat a lot of dishes at once. After some time, Book was full and was patting his belly, "Ahhh. That was great. Thank you, Bop!"

"No worries!"

"Then I will head back to my room."

"Okay! Get well soon."

Bop saw the bandages of Book and was not surprised to see them. He already expected wounds and injuries after the training. All he could do was not to worry and give him a lot of rest and support.

Book went upstairs to his room. He didn't know anything about his room was being shared with Catherine and everything was renovated. He went inside and closed the door.

The room was lit by the moonlight outside, so it was dim.

Catherine didn't hear the opening and the closing of the door as she was in deep sleep, even the footsteps and the words of Book.

Book was amazed by the upgrade of his room as he looked around and said, "Woah, amazing... Did they do this for me?"

Catherine covered herself with a blanket except for the half of her face. In addition, her hair was inside the blanket. Because of this, he didn't see her even that unusual brown hair on the white pillow. The room was even lit from the moonlight, making the room dim. But he's just too focused on the new things around him.

Since he was shirtless and his shorts were worn out, he went to the new tall cabinet near the door of the bathroom to get fresh clothes. He opened the doors of the drawer and saw dresses hanged and folded feminine clothes. He was confused as to why there were such clothes inside the cabinet.

"Eh? What are these?"

He saw a black flared skirt that was folded properly. His shorts would look the same as the folded skirt.

"Ah! Found my shorts."

He removed his worn short and wore the skirt that reached to his knees.

"My shirt isn't here."

Since his shirt was nowhere to be found, he opened the drawers. The more he was more confused, so in curiosity, he picked a female undergarment, a laced white panty.

"What is this?"

He knew what a male undergarment was, but it was nowhere with the style of the panty he was holding on. He placed it back and dug deeper. Hee was trying to dig deeper to find his shirt, all he found was different colors of panties with laces, simple styles, garters, and more.

He stopped and wondered, "Weird? Am I in a different room?"

He went to the other drawer and opened it, his confusion was beyond his comprehension when he saw another female undergarment. He picked up a black bra and its cup size was D. He squinted to the clothing and try to figure its use.

Due to his confusion and lack of knowledge, he raised it high to observe it with the moonlight. Still, with his empty head about this clothing, he guessed.

"What monstrosity is this for? Goggles? Glasses?"

All he could think for those two cups were for the eyes as the bra could be worn, he could only think it was for the eyes as they were near to each other and the bra and the eye had a pair.

He dug deeper and saw different colors and styles of bra. He found nothing for his shirt and gave up. He left a mess inside the drawers of Catherine. In addition, he was getting sleepy as it was getting late so he decided to go to bed.

"It's getting cold..."

The chills started to take over his body and made him shiver from it as a reaction.

"Might as well cover me with a blanket."

He went near to the bed and sat down on the other side of Catherine, still without noticing her. The bed was kind of big in size so he was at the edge of the bed and Catherine was at the other side of the edge of the bed. He raised the blanket, yawned with his eyes closed, and laid on the bed. He covered his body with a blanket and slept. Both of them were facing opposite directions so, they were not able to face each other.

But Book would move a lot during his sleep, so in the morning it would be a big surprise. Because Selen's surprise was to let them know each other that they would be living together starting tonight.

Their night started when Myan entered the room and jumped on the bed. She stayed in the middle of them and slept.

0