Volume 1 Chapter 12: All Aboard to Kairos’ Ship
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was in the middle of the evening and it was already dark, but the moon was shining at the land where Book and Kairos were walking. His ship was still far away, but they would arrive there for a couple of minutes. As they were walking, they were quiet as they let the wind blow around with crickets and other natural sounds in their ears to avoid attention.

They were walking straight to the location where they would find the ship.

But someone, in front of Kairos and Book, but far away, had a headstart to have a long-distance away from them. From afar, there was a silhouette of a little girl with a dress and long hair. She was carrying a backpack at her back. She was running fast towards the location where the ship of Kairos would be.

As she was running, she was already panting and had been excited as she was smiling the whole time like she was having an adventure of her own. Then, she stopped when in front of her was a long and wide chasm. Good thing she stopped or she would fall in the deep dark abyss especially it was night time, people would fall without knowing there was a chasm because of the dark.

After that, she was confused. She scratched her head and then looked around the place with her hand on her forehead. She saw the other side of the land and at her left and right, the chasm continued far.

"Hmmm... I thought the ship would be here."

It was Eve and she wanted to go on an adventure for her dream.

"Huh, it's really deep down there."

She looked down and saw the darkness in the bottom that the moonlight couldn't lighten the deep abyss. After that, she was quiet and suddenly, she heard the flapping noises like a piece of cloth moving as the wind passed by.

"Hmmmm..."

It made her think and after that she realized it.

"Found ya! Ehihihi. You think you can hide from me?"

She figured something inside the darkness from what she heard.

She stepped back a bit and prepared herself to run forward. But before she was about to run, she was not sure about the distance between the edge of the chasm and her.

"Wait, let me move back a little."

She stepped back a little bit more until it was comfortable for her. She prepared herself and was ready to start her dash.

"Okay... Here I goooooo!"

She sprinted forward and when she was on one step on the edge of the chasm, she jumped. She was not scared that she would fall from the deep or had fear of heights. She was sure that in front of her and right below her was Kairos' ship.

While falling, she way enjoying falling down, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

"..."

She went inside the darkness and her body was completely gone, but her words echoed through the whole chasm.

On the main deck, there was a man smoking a cigar. He was wearing a gray, long-sleeved shirt and white pants. He was laying his forearms on the taffrails as he was relaxing outside. After that, a thin man went outside from the cabin of the ship from the main deck, he was wearing a dark green, long-sleeved shirt with orange on his chest and brown pants. He announced the cigar man outside.

"Hey, are they here yet?"

"No, but they should be here right now."

He smoked and the thin man went near him with two bottles of beer on his hands.

"Here, ya go."

He offered the bottle and he took it.

"Thank you."

Both of them were drinking outside while the rest were inside the ship, then they heard a faint little girl's voice that echoed. The thin man was quick to tell from what he heard.

"Huh? Did you hear that?"

"Yeah... Creepy, what the hell was that?"

"...", now, it was quiet.

They looked above and nothing was seen up there. There were no lights on their ship to avoid the attention that there was something inside the chasm, but they could still see around as the objects around them were darker in the figure. Then, the sail started to move wildly as it was getting windy.

For Eve, she landed on the ratlines of the ship, so she was very lucky and safe. The ratlines were made of thick ropes and the ship was position horizontally towards Eve when she was falling, so she broke her fall from the ratlines.

"Nice...", she whispered for success as she knew it and not to alert them.

The place was dark, but she was able to see darker figures of two men who were standing near to the taffrails.

After that, the man smoking asked, "Should we move up? I think they should be there already."

"Yeah, the wind is becoming strong. Now is a good time to get inside the storm. I'll tell the rest."

"Okay."

The smoker went to the helm on the stern deck to control the steering wheel. The other man went inside the cabin to tell his friends about the ship moving.

Eve took the chance and climbed up the ratlines to the crow's nest to stay there. When she reached in the crow's nest, she settled in and placed her backpack on it.

"Alright, if I stay here, I'll be fine."

She peeped out from the crow's nest and looked around the deck.

"Hmmmm. There's only one out."

She was observing them know what they were doing. Then the smoker held the handles of the helm and whispered, "Okay. I'm going up."

He pulled the handles and the wheel of the helm was pulled together. The whole ship started to lift itself and move upwards, out from the dark.

Eve didn't know what was going on so she held on the railings of the crow's nest. She was surprised that the ship was moving, "What's going on?"

On top of the chasm, at the edge, Book and Kairos were already there. They were arguing about something.

"Where is the ship? I don't see it?"

Book looked around the land with confusion.

"I told you, it's coming."

"How's it coming when there's nothing right in front of us?"

"The ship is hiding down there inside the chasm. It's coming out."

Kairos looked down and Book followed.

"Hmmmmmm."

Book stared down at the darkness of the chasm, waiting for a ship to come out from it. Seconds passed by, something came out from the dark. The moonlight hit the topmost part of the ship first and slowly it was showing the flag. The background of the flag was wine in color and in the middle part of the flag, there were symbols: a white waning crescent moon and a gray waxing crescent moon and in between was an orange circle. In front of the orange circle was a green four-pointed star.

The flag of Kairos' ship.

Then the crow's nest appeared out from the dark and Eve panicked as she saw Book and Kairos from the top. She was in the crow's nest of the highest mast.

"This is bad!"

She laid flat down on the floor of the crow's nest and covered her head with her backpack, thinking it would hide her.

Please, don't see me. Please, don't. Don't...

She was hoping that she wouldn't be found, but they didn't see Eve as she was lucky to be hidden from their sights.

When the whole ship went up from the chasm, Book shouted in surprise, "Amazing! So big!!"

It was fine for Book to shout because they were far away from Drigmor kingdom.

When the ship stayed in mid-air, above the chasm, a man shouted, "Hoist the sails!!"

"Roger!"

"Okay!"

Grown men answered back on deck and the sails were hoisted up.

The ship of Kairos was so huge and it had an intricate design. The body of the ship was colored in wine predominantly and it was surrounded by smooth green vines. The vines covered the whole bottom part and the left and the right sides of the ship were partly covered as the tips of the vines were seen. The source of the vines came from the lower body of a lady on the bow of the ship. The lady was colored in green with long hair in the form of vines. She was tall enough for her head to reach on the level with the forecastle deck. She was looking down with her eyes closed as her hands, located on top of the cleavage of her ample bosom, were clasped together. In the middle part of the body of the ship, there were parallel lines of thick black color. Between those lines, there were muzzles of cannons. In addition to the vines, the cannons were not covered as the vines went around them. There were more cannons on the top of the body, below the main deck. This ship was durable and ready to take on any ships around the world.

There were three masts, the middle one and the rear masts were the tallest and the front mast was the shortest. Each topmast had the flag of Kairos as it was showing the flag of Kairos. The sails were hoisted as they were swaying with the wind and the colors were wine. There was one wide sail on the first front mast while the middle and rear masts had three sails. Each mast had its own crow's nest and Eve was hiding in the middle mast of the crow's nest.

The ship showed extreme threat and danger to anyone who dared to attack the ship of Kairos. There were histories of Kairos's ship that destroyed hundreds of enemy ships and battleships, without taking any damages. Thus, because of its predominant color, wine, similar to red, the ship became infamous to the whole world and called it the "Red Kingdom"

Book was still amazed by the enormous size of the ship that he kept wowing at it.

"Awesome!!! I'll be going on that ship?!"

Then, a ladder shot out from the bottom part of the taffrails, going to the area of Book and Kairos. When it reached to the ground as it pierced through, Book ran straight to the top. He was so excited to see the whole ship. He was really enjoying everything. Kairos shouted, "Oi! Don't run or you might fall!!"

"Wooooyoooooo!!!"

When Kairos was on board and Book was roaming around the decks of the ship, with amazement in his star eyes.

His voice could be heard even he was far away, "Wow! What's this?! You live here?! Amazing!!!"

Kairos told to his friends on the main deck, "Let's head straight to the Grigmor Kingdom."

All of them shouted, "Ohhhhh!!", in agreement.

They prepared everything and the man holding the helm followed, "Here we go..."

He pulled the handles and the sails pushed the ship forward. It was moving diagonally straight to the top. The ship was going farther and farther away from the ground. Everyone felt the cold wind and Book rushed to the taffrails to see the land.

"Woah!!! We're flying!!!"

In this world, ships could fly because the waters were dangerous.

But inside the crow's mast, Eve saw everything first as she was at the very top of the ship. She froze still as she slowly moving her body up to see more of the scene. She was getting the chills of being free and out.

She whispered slowly, "It's beautiful..."

The ship stopped moving up and she saw the whole sky with stars, the moon, and the vast landscape of the world. The sky was clear with clouds and it was so beautiful to look at, that Eve was engrossed from the scenery. Then she started smiling and looked around as she circled the whole crow's mast. Then she faced the front side of the ship and pulled herself from the taffrails. She was feeling everything, the cold temperature on her skin, the wind she was feeling all around her body as her hair and dress danced with the winds.

She thought inside her mind, I am here. I see it. I will go more and see the whole world!

Eve wanted to be free and go on an adventure to see the whole world as part of her dream.

Then the ship started to turn towards a particular cloud that was thick, wide, big and very dark, darker than the night. Inside the cloud, there were multiple flashes of lightning created and it wouldn't stop flashing. And distant thunders were heard as the cloud was growing in size.

Book saw the cloud and told Kairos.

"Hey, what's that?", he pointed his finger.

"We're going inside to the storm to hide the ship from anybody below or any passing by ships."

"Is that dangerous?"

"You will die if you're outside."

Book looked back and saw Kairos and his friends going inside the cabin, trying to leave him behind.

"Oi! Wait up!!"

He immediately followed them and all of them went inside the cabin. The cabin was, basically, a small kitchen combined with a living room. There were tables, chairs, sofas, carpets, and other types of furniture. The whole room was made out of wood, colored in light yellow. His friends were on all around the room, some were sitting down, some were laying down, and some were eating.

Kairos went straight forward to the fridge to take out some bottles of alcohol while Book looked around the room.

"So, how long will we arrive in Grigmor kingdom?"

It was a normal room of how Book viewed it so he didn't react to it. Kairos picked up some bottles and went near Book, "Tomorrow morning and we should be there. Here, you want some?"

"Nah, I don't drink alcohol."

He sat down on a wooden chair beside the circular table in the middle of the room, "Heh... Then, what do you want?"

"I want water.", he's thirsty.

"There's a couple of bottles in the fridge."

Book went to the fridge and took a bottle of water then he went back to sit down near Kairos. Now when Book and Kairos were drinking, they had a conversation after Kairos finished drinking the bottles.

"Ahhhhh... Hey, Book, how come your punches are so weak, yet you could take the attacks of the girls? Did you even feel the tremor of the arena from that punch of Polly? It was crazy."

"I don't know... Also, I don't remember that part, but I felt something very painful in my head."

"Hmmmm... "

Kairos started thinking of something to do to Book while he stared at him.

"Let me try this then."

He slammed the empty bottle on the head of Book. The sound of the bottle that hit his head was heard in the whole room and it sounded painful.

"It hurts! What are you doing?"

Book placed his hands on the area where he was hit.

"Hahahaha! Nothing."

Book felt pain from a weak attack.

"What do you mean nothing? You just hit me!", Book was pissed.

"Hey, after you become a knight in Grigmor, what will you do?"

"Eh?"

Book calmed himself and continued, "Show you my armor that I'm a knight and then go back to Drigmor with your ship, of course."

"What? This is only a one trip destination, we won't bring you back."

"What?"

"What?"

"..."

Book was confused from what Kairos said and they stared at each other. Kairos agreed with Rius that he would bring Book to Grigmor, but there was no agreement of bringing Book back to Drigmor. From the confusion of Book, he continued, "What do you mean what?"

"I told you, we won't bring you back."

"What?"

"What?"

Book had not yet realized the problem.

"Then...",

Now, he realized the problem.

"EHHHHHHHHHH?!? How will I go back to Drigmor?!", he panicked.

"Don't know with you. It's your problem now", he stood up and went back to the fridge to get another bottle.

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

Outside the cabin, the ship entered into the storm and the place started to get very windy. The winds may be strong, but the ship was stiff to sail forward straight to Grigmor. The winds were nothing to Kairos' ship and flashes of lightning started to appear around the ship without hitting it. In addition, it was raining very hard.

In the crow's nest where Eve was, she got wet and cold from the storm. Her dress and hair were wet and were moving wildly from the winds. She was freezing already as she held her arms around herself.

"Brrr... It's cold. I need to get down and find shelter here. But..."

Eve's feelings towards the storm made her heartbeat so fast as she was getting excited. Rains, winds, flashes of lightning, storms, and more could be experienced from adventure and she wanted that.

"So, this is how the adventure is."

Then, she shivered, "But, I need warmth... I need to go down."

She wore her backpack and started climbing down from the ratlines. Since it was raining, the ratlines were wet and slippery. She started to get cautious, Just slow and steady...

Or she might fall.

She was climbing down above the ratlines and the thunders and flashes of lightning didn't scare her, but when she was in mid-way, a bolt of strong lightning struck. A bright flash came right behind her and a very loud and deafening thunder pierced into her ears. The lightning was struck, specifically, at the side of the ship, almost near to Eve on the ratlines. She was surprised by it and shortly shrieked in panic. Because of that, naturally, she tightly hugged the ropes with her eyes closed.

She got scared of how fast and sudden the thunder was.

But the way she was hugging the rope was dangerous. She wrapped her arms and legs around a string of rope and from the slipperiness, she slid under the ratlines.

She was breathing hard and her body temperature lowered.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay...", she tried to calm down from the shock.

Then she opened her eyes and continued going down, but now, she was having a hard time because her whole weight was pushing her down and the ropes were slippery.

She didn't know she was in trouble when she unwrapped her legs and arms to use her hands to hold on the ropes and her feet to step on the ropes.

She slipped and screamed, "Ahhh!"

She fell down and hit her butt from the wooden floor. Her butt hurt and she wanted to shout and cry, but she held it in by biting her lower lip.

Finally, she was on the main deck and the pain was gone after she fell from the ratlines.

"Okay, where should I stay?"

She didn't know where to go. All she knew was that they were inside the cabin as she saw them going inside when she was in the crow's nest. She looked up the cabin and saw the stern cabin.

"Okay, I think nobody's there."

She started to run, but the winds were furious and wild, moving on all sides. So when the wind pushed her from behind, she fell on the deck. Also, she was mad at the wind, "Damn this wind. I cannot move and stand straight at all."

So slowly stood up and decided to walk slowly. While walking, she was balancing herself as the winds pushed her in any direction. She argued at the wind, "Stop. Bullying me, dammit!"

She looked at the stairs, beside the cabin, to the stern deck. She focused her eyes on the stairs while balancing her body from the pushes of the winds. What she really wanted from the stairs was the railing to hold on, so she could be secured and go to the stern deck easily without the problems with the winds pushing her. Then she held the strap of her backpack tightly as the bag was moving with the wind.

She continued to walk steadily and firmly on the deck. When she was near the stairs, she was happy as she slowly raised her open hand to the handrail, "Yes! I can now... Hold... On..."

"..."

During those pauses, she was flying back across the deck as a very strong gust of wind blew her away. While flying across the deck backward, she opened her hand was going farther away from the handrail as it was the only way to be secured and safe.

Oh, no...

She might fly away from the ship and fall from the skies.

"..."

But, she was fortunate, she dropped from the deck heavily and hurt herself. Then she rolled while she was also being pushed. While she was rolling, accidentally, she was separated from her backpack. She realized that and shouted, "The backpack, no!!"

That backpack was important for her as there was something she valued the most.

She continued rolling and hit her head from the baluster—a short pillar under the handrail—

"Ouch!"

The backpack was carried by the strong wind and it went up to the forecastle deck.

Her adrenaline kicked in, she ignored the pain as there was a cut on her forehead and the blood was flowing down to her face. But the rain was trying to wash it away.

She wanted that backpack back.

She stood up and held the handrail. She looked around the main deck for her backpack and asked herself, "Where is it?"

The backpack was nowhere to be seen on the main deck. So she moved up to the forecastle deck using the small stairs while holding the handrail to see if her backpack was there. She was already cold and might be in bad condition. She could be in great trouble after this, knowing that nobody could hear her outside even she shouted. She could ask for help, but she didn't want to cause trouble by letting them know that she was on board.

She thought that she might be sent back home.

When she was on the forecastle deck, she was happy and shouted, "The backpack!"

The backpack was stuck in between the baluster as the backpack was big enough to not fit inside.

She ran towards and jumped at the backpack. She held the backpack with her hand and sat down with her legs crossed and placed the backpack on her legs. She used her other arm to wrap around the baluster to be safe.

She was worried if the main zipper of the backpack was opened, so she checked inside and nothing was missing.

"Thank goodness, it's still here."

She was relieved and contented about her backpack. After that, she looked around and think of what to do, "What should I do?"

"..."

"I have to go to the other stairs to the stern deck while holding the handrail."

She wore the backpack and secured it tightly.

"Okay, time to go."

She stood up and started walking steadily while holding the handrail of the taffrails. She was walking towards the small stairs, down to the main deck. Then, suddenly, bolts of lightning were getting strong and bigger and the thunders were getting louder and longer than the ship was having tremors. What's more where the rains were raining heavily and faster and the winds were getting more ferocious that the ship was tilting or moving like it was hitting a huge wave of water.

Inside the cabin, everybody felt the tremors from the thunder and flashes of lightning and the movement of the ship from the gales, but things were a ruckus as Book was panicking on how to get back home.

"Ahhhhhh!!! What should I do?!", as he was running around aimlessly while holding his head, thinking of how to go back home. And he's feeling a lot of anxiety causing him to panic.

Kairos and his friend were laughing at him of how ridiculous he was.

Then frequent bolts of lightning and thunders were heard and felt within the cabin. It silenced Kairos and his friends. He whispered to himself, "So we are already in the middle of the storm."

Back on the main deck, Eve was in trouble as she was outside the ship and exposed to the middle of the storm. Because the middle part of the storm was the most dangerous area where the clouds were very thick and dark as they would continue to clump. The thicker and the darker of the cloud, the more dangerous it would be. The lightning strikes would be the biggest and thunders would be the loudest. It was also where the gales and huge droplets of water were made.

"I need to hurry up!", she felt that being outside now was very dangerous.

Because of the current winds and rains, a gale pushed her towards the front mast of the ship and even though she was holding on the handrail tightly.

Her hands slipped because it was too strong.

Not again!!

She flew straight to the mast without any control of her body so she hit her whole back on the mast, including the back of her head as it was slammed on the mast.

She was hurt.

The backpack didn't cushion the back of her torso. So she fell on the floor.

Her vision had gotten worse as she was looking at her arms and the stairs. It was blurry and dizzy. She looked at the stairs and couldn't focus her eyes at them.

I... Have to... Get up... There...

She got weak and light-headed, but she wouldn't give up. She didn't want herself to stop now. She had to reach the stern cabin to stay inside and hide from anyone else.

So, she slowly stood up, I'm not giving up. Never...

She's had a strong mentality as she forced her physical body to listen to her mind. Until she finally stood up. But her body was already cold as she could not feel her fingers. They were numb and wrinkled. Also, her body was already in a weakened state while enduring the hits on her head and around her body.

So, she continued walking.

She slid her feet on the floor because she couldn't lift her legs up.

I have... To get up there...

She was in the middle of the main deck and she was the only one standing on an empty deck.

She's in trouble.

Inside the cabin, Book didn't stop running around worriedly and they were still laughing at him while teasing him. Kairos started, "Hey, Book, you better train your legs when you get in Grigmor, you'll be walking miles to Drigmor."

The thin man laughed and continued, "Or you can fly with the wind because of your paper body."

"Hahahahahaha!!!", everybody laughed.

"Just become a kite, Book. You might be better doing a great job with it."

The thin man continued the teasing and everyone laughed.

Book went near to Kairos and asked him one more time, "Are you really sure you won't bring me back to Drigmor?"

"Yes.", he calmed himself.

"Ahhhhh!!!"

Then he coughed from too much shouting. He whispered to himself, "I need to get some fresh air."

Book walked to the door while his hand on his chest. His heart was beating fast and he wanted fresh air and rest. Everybody thought he would lay himself on the wall or on the door. But Kairos panicked as Book's hand going to the doorknob and shouted, "Idiot! Don't get out!! It's dangerous right now!!!"

Book didn't know anything about storms.

From the extremely loud thunders, flashes of lightning, and more outside, he didn't know how much in danger they were, so he opened the door.

The door was a double door, it could be opened inside and outside. And Book twisted the doorknob and strong winds with droplets of rain pushed the door inside and even pushed Book backward to the very back of the cabin.

"Ahhh!!!", he yelled as he rolled.

There, Kairos was scared. His eyes widened of what he saw in front of him, at the door, outside of the cabin. He panicked and must act now. Quickly, he acted without thinking. He ran towards the door as he moved the table and the chair away to dash straight towards the door.

And an enormous lightning strike was formed on top of the ship. The tip of the lightning strike was so sharp that it could pierce through anything and obliterate anything. And it found its target.

Kairos saw a bright flash that lightened the whole ship. The color of the lightning strike.

He shouted in intense emotion of wanting to save someone.

"..."

"EEEEEEEEEEVVVEEE!!!"

0