Volume 1 Chapter 14: The Kingdom of Grigmor
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, the sun started to shine up from the mountains as the rays of sunlight spread throughout the vast lands. The Red Kingdom was arriving in the kingdom of Grigmor. The speed of the ship started to move slow as some of the sails, the middle and the rear masts, were lowered down. The ship slowly began to descend from the skies in a slanting position into the walls of Grigmor.

The Grigmor kingdom, one of the few kingdoms, but the only kingdom in the east, known to be the place where bounties would be placed on the heads of criminals and papers of wanted posters would be printed and spread all throughout the world. It was also where the criminals, with bounties, would be sent by the bounty hunters or those who wanted to earn money quick and easy. Once the criminals were sent, they would be verified for their identity by the authorities, if they were the exact person from the wanted poster. If they were, a lot of money would be on their hands with no problems.

The criminals would be held captive in the prison temporarily and would be sent later to the bases of the Crusader, where they would be held prisoned for a lifetime, for years or be executed, based on their decision, depending on the crimes the criminals made. The prisoners would then be sent by a small Grigmorian ship, that could move fast because of its lightweight from its materials. Also, the number of people on board could only reach less than fifty, meaning half of the prisoners or less could only be sent in one ship. The rest were soldiers. But Grigmor owned hundreds of ships.

The monetary currency of the world was called, "Xeyen" as the golden coins and paper bills had an X sign and a stroke under the point of intersection and on that stroke had two horizontal lines.

The number one for earning a lot of money was hunting people with bounties on their heads as the money would reach millions. The second was treasure hunting, but the numbers of people finding treasures from the past were decreasing fast because they were hard to find, people were skeptical if the treasure was real or not, and a lot of treasure maps were missing, gone, and torn.

This kingdom was rich, wealthy, and prosperous as their main income was getting funded by the Crusader as they helped them with their work.

The Crusader was the military organization of the world that was an armed and highly-organized force for warfare, law enforcement, and global security. They could be found anywhere around the world, including their bases, headquarters, and their forces. They were tasked to serve and protect people from criminals and those who went against the rules and norms of society. And maintain law and order throughout the whole world.

The person or the people working in the Crusader are called Crusaders.

Their flag and their coat of arms was a red cross inside the point of intersection of a red cross on the white background.

They have an attire to be worn for different rankings. For the "Squire", the lowest rank, they wore a plain white shirt, black pants, and black shoes. And the coat of arms from the Crusader on their chest. Their job was as simple as doing chores like washing clothes, carrying weapons, and etc. They would do this as training before becoming a knight.

For higher ranking than Squire, in order: Knight, the most common army of the organization, having the most numbers among all with other ranks. They always wore a white sleeveless surcoat with the coat of arms on their chest, black leather belt, black pants, and black shoes.

Their weapons were always swords, single-sided and double-sided swords, and guns for the time being. They would all depend on the users.

Next would be: Knight Lieutenant, Knight Captain, Knight Major, Knight Commander, Provincial Commander, Master Commander, and Grand Master, they mostly wore white surcoat with long sleeves, the coat of arms on their chest, black pants, black shoes, and white coats worn around their whole body with another coat of arms on the left side of their coats, specifically where their heart was.

Nobody would place badges on their attire, but all of them were taught to know who their superiors were or who they were.

Some surcoats varied on their colors and designs as what they chose personally, Master Commander and Grand Master. They were mostly seen to have different styles from their attire rather than the rest to make them different.

These people were highly trained, so their weapons or type of fighting varied. Some used swords, different types of swords, fists, and kicks, and even with Manifestations from the Devil's Eyes.

From afar, the kingdom had three circles of flat concrete lands. Each of them was separated by a clean body of water. On the first circle, the innermost circle or the smallest circle, the castle of Grigmor was located and also, gardens around the castle. It was, also, where the king, queen, their children, royalties, and famous knights and their children lived here.

The castle had an artistic design as it was tall, wide, had a lot of towers, and the roofs had a pointy figure. The main building of the castle, which was in the middle among the two short towers from the front, two tall towers from the sides, and one tallest tower from the rear, had a lot of floors and the roofs were pointy.

From the viewpoint of a human standing in the middle of the castle, it would be very symmetrical.

All towers were wide and cylindrical and were connected to each other by walls.

The predominant walls, outside the castle, were made out of polished smooth white marbles. There were outlines that were colored in black to highlight the intricate designs from the walls from the towers and roofs.

The castle would be the first building to see when one entered the kingdom as it was the most majestic among the rest of the buildings. The castle was taller than the walls and its beauty could be seen from afar as the white castle was quick to be spotted by anyone. At night, the whole castle would be lit up by strong lights from the sides of the castle, reaching the lights to the highest tip of the castle.

From each tower, it held the flag of the Grigmor from the top.

The design of the flag had a red background and a white cross in the middle. At the intersection of the cross, there was a black symbol of an angel with its wing and it was cut in half, leaving the right side of the angel only.

In the middle circle of the three, there were a lot of houses and buildings. But the training grounds, offices, and headquarters of the soldiers of the kingdom could be found here. In addition, prisons, the buildings where the making of the wanted posters and etc. were located here as well. But there weren't many houses, stores, and other buildings here.

The outer circle had approximate wider of land than the two circles as the most houses, tall and short buildings, stores, and more could be found. It was where a lot of people would stay and live.

The inner-circle could only be for royalties, high standard workers like maids, cooks, or butlers, and soldiers. Visitors, strangers, and more were strictly prohibited to get in because this kingdom was public to all, meaning people could go in and out easily.

Each of the circles was connected by wide roads. The outer and middle circles were connected by north, south, east, and west roads. For the inner circle, there was only one road and it would reach from the entrance of the walls of the kingdom to the middle circle and to the inner circle, specifically to the entrance of the castle.

The houses found in the kingdom were grandeur because citizens in this kingdom were mostly rich as they could put their famous businesses, stores, and more. The designs of the houses were victorian houses. Most of the workers were immigrants from different places around the land.

It was hard to find something poor in the kingdom, except for the workers here as they came here poor financially at first and came here to earn proper money. Workers, usually, lived from the hundreds of rooms in private, luxurious hotels provided by the owners or an expensive room inside the house of their masters with no payments at all as long as they're working hard and properly, monitored by disciplined superiors. The reason why workers live in such grand rooms was that the owners had a lot of money. They couldn't own something poor, low quality, and dull in this kingdom. It would put a bad picture in the kingdom.

The number one job as its number rose to the top among all other occupations was maid or housemaid. Maids could be seen inside houses, cleaning, and some were taking care of business, stores, and more. The second job was butlers.

The streets and roads were clean and covered with gold and gems on the fences, lampposts, trashcans, and some public use.

Corruption was removed by the authorities before and crimes were very low because this kingdom was the source of where criminals would be sent to the Crusader, so people feared to do crimes here. And soldiers were everywhere in and out the kingdom, roaming around day and night. This kingdom was public to all, so they had to be very careful. A criminal from the outside could easily get in. But they were supplied with weaponry from the Crusader, so Grigmor could fight back against a massive colony of enemies and they had the Crusader on their side.

A kingdom not to mess with.

There was no government in the kingdom as rules and regulations were simple and easy to understand. Even the landmass of the kingdom was very wide. The rules and regulations had been constant for years as the previous kings and queens, and some advisers, worked hard together to build the cleanest kingdom.

Thus, the Grigmor kingdom was known to be the cleanest kingdom of the East.

Then the ship of Kairos went into the walls of Grigmor.

The ship landed on a thick wooden and metallic curvature for the bottom of the ships. It was invented for ships to stay on land and to avoid the bottom part of the ship to be scratched or damaged by the rough surface of the ground, but the ships, right now, were developed as the bottom part of the ship was the most durable among the other parts the ship. So, it's just a thing for the ships to properly park in the kingdoms or somewhere else.

There were mostly two designs for this: one, there were claws for both sides of the ship and the other one was formed like a bowl to hold the whole ship's bottom. For now, the Grigmor kingdom had the claws design as it only used a small space.

It was in the morning and the ship had landed somewhere in the middle circle and then Book and Eve were sleeping on the same bed in a different room.

They were sent by Kairos and his friends to a place.

The walls of the room were white, a chandelier on the black ceiling with white crystals, the floor was black and had a white carpet under the bed and some types of furniture, fancy black and white sofas, chairs, and other types of furniture. There was a white thick wide and long curtain from the wall that was blocking the sunlight.

Both of them were sleeping comfortably on a white mattress bed with black and white pillows and a black blanket. Book was sleeping with his whole front body towards the bed, above the blanket, and his face submerged inside a fluffy pillow. Eve was sleeping on the other the edge of the bed, tucked inside the blanket.

Then, she started moving without knowing. She started rolling towards Book with the blanket on her hands and taking all of the blankets to herself, making it like she was stuffed inside a roll of a black blanket.

When she reached the body of Book, she was blocked by him and got irritated that she couldn't move on, so she pushed him by whipping him by her hips.

She kept doing that until he fell from the bed.

A loud thud was made and Eve smiled happily when she was on the other side of the bed while she was fully wrapped by the blanket and her head was the only body part that was out. She was pleased.

From the fall, Book woke up tiredly and slowly stood up, whispering, "Huh? What? What happened?"

He recognized Eve and a different place, so he was confused.

"Why is Eve here? Where am I?"

Then knocks were heard from the door and he looked behind.

"Heh? Who's outside right now? Kairos?"

He didn't know anything yet from where he was, thinking he was still on Kairos' ship.

He walked towards the door and opened it. And a maid was in front of him.

"Sorry to disturb you, but I'm here to remind you that it is time for Eve's breakfast."

"Breakfast is food time, right?"

"... Yes."

He was excited to hear that it's time for breakfast because he's really hungry and wanted to eat something, so he ran at Eve.

The maid bowed as thanks and left. For royalties, it seemed Eve was one of them and they knew about her, so she had a schedule for her breakfast and more.

"Hey, Eve. It's your breakfast time!"

He grabbed the wrapped blanket and shook it, making her head move around.

"..."

She was still sleeping with a smile.

"It's food time!"

Her eyes opened immediately with stars and they shined brightly.

"Did you say FOOD?", she said in a deep voice.

Book covered his eyes from the gleaming eyes.

She looked at Book with seriousness and ordered him.

"You! Grab me and take me to the food!"

"Aye, aye!"

He grabbed her around his arm as she was still in the rolled blanket and they rushed out from the room to the food. Both of them were excited to eat as they were hungry.

Surprised, they were not. They were running in a hallway that was so new and majestic. The walls were white with black pillars in it, chandeliers of black twinkling crystals, the ceiling was white and the carpet had an artistic design of black and white lines that looked symmetrical and everything looked expensive.

He went straight to the hallway without anything knowing about the place. When he saw the stairs, he went down.

There were four polished white stairs in that area with black carpet. He ran down from the right stairs of the second floor while there were another separated stairs to the left of the second floor. These two stairs would connect to a small square-shaped platform in the middle and there was one wide and long stairs down to the first floor. Those were the three, the last stairs would be straight to a closed double door from the small square-shaped platform. But above that door was a big flag of Grigmor hanged down from a wall.

Book, now, was on the platform and began to move down to the first floor.

He saw the spacious hall on the first floor. Predominantly was white and a little bit of black because the theme of the castle was black and white. There was not much red color in the castle as they thought that Drigmor had it more, so they used more of the black and white. The floor was white smooth and the place was quiet. On the ceiling, there was a circle of small chandeliers of black crystals, but in the middle of the circle was a huge chandelier of white crystals. Each corner of the room had as part of the design and there were five openings to enter within the hall. The exit or the entrance, west hallway, east hallway, and archways on both sides from the stairs.

The more he walked down to the stairs, he saw two people in the middle of the area, facing towards the tall opened double door of the castle. It was as if they were waiting for someone to get inside.

There was a young adult woman, wearing a long-sleeved, tight white gown. She had straight, long, dark gray hair. Also, there was a young adult man with gray hair beside her, who was wearing a long sleeves black tunic, opened button, over a white shirt and he was wearing white pants and white shoes. Their clothes were expensive and luxurious as they were the king and the queen of the kingdom.

"Eh? Who are they?"

The two grown adults turned around as Book's voice echoed the empty hall and saw him walking down the stairs. The king was happy to see them and talked with a young adult voice, "You must be Book from my brother's kingdom."

Book stopped midway of the stairs and answered, "Yeah, I came here for the accolade. Say, do you know where the food is? We're both hungry."

"Ahhh. It's breakfast time for Eve.", the woman talked with a soft, sweet, and motherly voice.

Eve recognized the voice and thought.

It's her!

She squinted at the queen and shouted, "Mama Eyerine!!!"

Eve must have forgotten how she looked like, but her voice was very similar to what Eve knew, so she, immediately, knew who she was.

She jumped out from the arm of Book and hopped down the stairs with her body wrapped by a blanket. She was happy to see her and showed a wide smiling, laughing face while hopping down. When she hopped on the floor of the first floor and continued, she slipped and rolled, unwrapping the whole blanket. She was rolling towards Eyerine and when she was out from the blanket, she ran and jumped at her. Eyerine caught her with both of her hands and carried her.

Both of them hugged each other.

Eve was rubbing her cheeks at Eyerine's cheeks like a mother and daughter, but when Book stepped down on the first floor and went near to the king, he asked, "She's the mother of Eve?"

"Nope, she just calls any female she really loves "Mama" I still don't know why she calls her that. But I think, when my wife visited me to take me to Grigmor kingdom, she was called by that when she kept feeding Eve milk."

While they were talking, Eve and Eyerine were whispering at each other, "How are you, Eve."

"Hihihi. I'm fine and how are you."

"I'm fine too. Oh, how I miss you."

And Eyerine Eskimo kissed Eve and Eve started to giggle and smile. Both of them were so focused on each other while Book and the king were talking.

Book asked, "You visited our kingdom? I have not seen you from there."

"I used to live there when I was young. You could recognize our ship in the kingdom once a year because we provide important products and items. You see, there are things they cannot get because they are limited in so many things, so we help them."

Then, two girls entered from the only door to the castle and walked towards them. They were Airis and Polly, who just came back from Drigmor as they finished doing the accolade last night. They came back to rest and be with their families.

Both of the girls were wearing casual clothes. Polly was wearing a white plain shirt with a pink bow and a pink skirt. She was, also, wearing, black knee socks and black shoes. Airis was wearing a black long sleeves pleated mesh dress with black heeled shoes.

They saw the king and the queen, looking at someone behind. So Airis greeted her parents, "Hi, mom and dad!", with a cheerful face and positive emotions.

They turned around and they saw their daughter and Polly.

"Airis! Polly!", both of them exclaimed.

They exploded with joy as they came back from a long time staying in Drigmor. They really missed them as they had not seen each other for a long time, but Airis was the one who missed them more, so she ran towards her father. Since Eyerine was carrying Eve, Airis had to hug her father.

When Airis hugged her father, her head was on his shoulder and saw Book behind her father.

"..."

Her face slowly turned hollow when both of them were staring at each other. She didn't like him because she was told by him that she's weaker than him during the underground lake, so her reaction was to tighten her arms and hands as she was hugging her father like she wanted to strangle Book.

"Thank goodness, the bad storm miraculously disappeared last night and you were able to come home early... I know you miss us, but.", he felt her arms were squeezing his neck.

"Wait! You're starting to choke-"

He was surprised that he was being squeezed alive and Airis was slowly choking her own father as she was really focused at Book. He was struggling to get her out as he was pushing her shoulders away from him, but she was too strong that she didn't move an inch.

He was making choking noises and mumbled, "S-s-stop... H-help..."

Polly went near Eyerine and Eve and bent over to touch Eve's nose. Eve played with her finger and Polly asked, "Why is Eve here?"

"I don't know, but she was on-board on Kairos' ship and asked us to take care of her."

Polly and Eyerine were both busy talking that they ignored that someone was choking to death. Then Airis snapped out when her father started to pat her back a lot of times like a time out.

"Oh crap!", she noticed and whispered.

She stopped hugging and her father fell down in his hands and knees and started coughing, so she apologized, "Sorry, dad."

Then he stopped coughing and stood up straight immediately as he remembered something important, "The news!"

"What news?"

Airis was curious.

"You are now a knight! Hahaha! Congratulations to all of you, I knew you could do it. By the way, how's Zarthus doing?"

"I'm going to my room. I'm tired from the flight.", She said it quick and she still had that hate towards Zarthus for fooling them.

She showed a disgusted face when she heard the name "Zarthus". Then the father didn't know what just happened and thought he said something bad because of her reaction, so he talked to her as she was going to the stairs, "Wait, did I say something wrong? Did something embarrassing happen? What happened? I messed something up! Wait, I want to know how's Zarthus."

He really thought he triggered something that made Airis act like that. He knew how her own daughter would get mad.

She stopped and clenched her fists when she heard the name again. And she was silent when she continued walking up the stairs and he told her, "I love you, Airis.", in a comforting way.

"I love you, too, dad.", she replied.

"Yessss.", he pulled his forearm as a gesture of victory and was relieved that he also thought she began hating him or something, so he continued, "She still loves me."

Eyerine followed, " Get a good rest, Airis!"

"Thanks, mom!"

Polly told Eyerine, "I might as well go to my parents and greet them. Bye!"

"Get a good rest too.", she smiled.

"Thanks."

And Polly walked towards the stairs and saw Book, "Good morning, Book."

"Yo."

"Say hi to your parents from us.", Eyerine asked.

"I will!"

Airis went to her room and Polly went up the platform. Then Eyerine walked forward to her husband and told him, "Dear, let's go and eat our breakfast."

"Huh?"

"Eve is nibbling my neck."

Eve was already hungry as she had been waiting for too long, so she was salivating while nibbling the neck of Eyerine and making nibbling sounds.

"Sure."

Eyerine left first with Eve to the archway and followed by the king, who said, "Follow us, Book."

They went into the archway, beside the stairs, and entered the great dining hall of the castle.

Inside the dining hall, there was a long, polished, wooden table with a lot of luxurious styles of chairs around it. On the table, there was an area that was filled with sumptuous, luxurious food and dining utensils prepared for breakfast. On the walls of the dining hall, the walls were white and there were small platforms on the middle part as there was a black suit of armors in each platform, holding a long black stick. Above the helmet, there were nitches on the walls, where the lights were to light some parts of the hall. The hall was not lit up by the lights fully, but the small dimness in the hall added beauty to it. But people could still see around clearly and easily.

On the ceiling, there were artistic designs of black lines as the background was white. On the floor, there was a wide red carpet under the chairs and the table.

There, Book was amazed, "Woah!"

"..."

"The food is over there!", he continued as he pointed.

All of them settled on the chairs and ate their breakfast. While they were eating, Eve and Book were beside each other as Book was the last in the line while the other side of Eve was Eyerine.

Eve and Book were eating wild, but Eve was wilder. Both of them were praising the taste of the food.

"Delicious!"

"It tastes so good!"

As they were eating, two little boys sat on the chairs and both of the children were twins as they had short dark hair. In addition, both of them were exactly wearing a white shirt, black vest, black pants, and black shoes. And they started to eat and the king realized that he had not introduced himself and his family to Book yet, so he introduced.

"Book, this may be late, but to let you know, my name is Xarthus, the king and the little brother of Zarthus. The queen's name is Eyerine."

Eyerine looked at Book and followed, "Nice to meet you."

"And my children are the twins, Rom and Ram and Airis.", he continued.

While Book had food in his mouth, he talked, "Ohhh, my name is Book. Catherine gave this name to me. By the way, when will the accolade happen?"

"Eh?"

The king started to think when it would happen and answered, "We can do it tomorrow as there are preparations needed to do."

"I see. That's good to hear."

They continued eating and after that, Book and Eve were still on their chairs, eating, even the rest had finished already. Both of them really liked the food. While eating, Eyerine walked behind in between their chairs and placed two bottles of milk on the table.

Eve burst into happiness as her favorite drink in the world was milk.

"Ahhhh!! Milk!"

She took it and chugged it all down like a drunkard. While Book looked behind and saw Eyerine smiling at him. She told him, "Enjoy."

"Woah! Thank you!"

He looked in front and the bottle of milk was gone. He looked at Eve and she was drinking it quickly.

"Oi!"

"Don't worry, I still have more."

Eyerine placed another bottle on the table in between them and Eve just finished the bottle. Book and Eve started to glare at each other like a standoff of who could get the bottle first. And Eyerine was enjoying whatever they were doing.

None of them had moved yet, until Eve lunged at the bottle and Book shouted, "Oh no, you don't!"

He moved his hand towards the bottle to grab it, but Eve was able to hold it first with both of her hands. She was on the table and Book, now, held the bottle with the hands of Eve.

Eve stood on the table and pulled the bottle, pulling Book too.

Book was surprised that he was being pulled on top of the table, then Eve fell on the table after she pulled him fully. Then Book pulled the bottle while he was standing and Eve was pulling the bottle while she was sitting on the table.

Eve shouted, "Give me my bottle!"

"My? It is mine!"

Eve moved her arm sideways, making Book move to the side. Now, both of them were rolling on the long table, making a lot of mess. A lot of utensils of the table fell from the table while both of them were shouting at each other of who could get the bottle of milk.

"Mine!"

"No, it's mine!"

Then, Eyerine sat down on the chair and pulled it forward into the table. She smiled and shouted softly, "My money is on you, Eve!", as she raised her arm to cheer Eve.

It seemed she was enjoying this type of commotion as it was not a problem at all for her. She was having fun as she was cheering and smiling. Despite her innocent and beautiful face, including her soft voice, making her look more innocent and motherly, she had enjoyment in this such thing of fighting, but if things would go far, she would stop it.

Xarthus entered the dining hall casually and suddenly when he saw everything, his wife cheering and Eve and Book were running around the table, playing tag as Eve had the bottle on her hands and Book was chasing her to get it. And the whole place was messy and dirty.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE!"

He shouted in surprise with a shocked face.

But alone, from Eve and Book, Eyerine realized something deeper from that. She thought in her mind, I wonder how close are they?

She knew that she wouldn't stop the fight as both of them were having fun as she saw the genuine smile and laugh of Eve and Book didn't mind anything at all. It was like he accepted her energetic personality. And she thought of a brother and sister relationship, siblings fighting, and quarreling, yet there was love between them.

After some time, Polly went to her parent's room, where they had been living. Also, she lived alone in a different room as she wanted to live by herself. There was a double door of a fancy styled, white door with black outlines. She knocked and told anyone who was inside, "Ma? Pa?"

"Come in, dear.", her mother answered.

She opened the door and entered. She then slowly closed the door and walked to them. She was in the living room as the whole room was very spacious. The room felt like home as the place was filled with furniture that a normal house had like: sofas, tables, chairs, and etc..

Her father was nowhere to be found.

"Good morning!... Eh, where is he?", she burst then asked curiously about her father's whereabouts as she only saw her mother sitting on the couch. Her mother looked similarly to Polly's appearance.

When she looked around more, except her back, her father was behind her. He had a muscular and tall figure, he was not close to the height of Polly.

He surprised her and shouted, "Polly!"

He held his hands under her shoulders and tried to lift her up, but his back hurt and broke that his upper body was tilted.

"Ahhhh!!! My back!"

His wife told him while she's drinking tea, "Dear, how many times do you I have to tell you that you cannot lift Polly anymore, she's grown."

"B-b-but my baby girl..."

He was sad that he couldn't lift Polly the same when she was young and when she was still little, but now she's much taller than him and weighed more than him.

"Pa, you shouldn't do that. Your back might get worse."

She's worried and helped his father to the couch.

When three of them sat on the same couch, Polly announced excitedly, "Ma, Pa, do you know the news?"

She began to feel excited and she was thinking about her as a knight.

"Yes, I do.", her mother answered, but her father didn't know, "News?"

"Yeah, I'm a knight now!"

"Wooooooooooooooooh! My baby girl is now a knight!", her father exploded in joy, but whispered at his wife in the end, "Wait, how come I didn't know..."

Polly giggled and smiled at his genuine reaction.

Her father continued praising Polly while her mother was smiling and listening to them, "Do you know when I was training to become a knight, I have failed so many times that I built this muscular figure. And my baby girl just finished it for one try. Bwahaha!. The young generation sure is talented..."

And still, he continued his story.

Time passed by as the day went to its evening. Outside the kingdom, it was dark, but there were thousands of lights coming from the streets and the buildings. The roads started to get busy as there were so many people walking by at each other. There were no vehicles or any sort of land transportation as it would crowd the place more.

Somewhere at the outer circle, there was a ruckus of soldiers chasing someone running as fast as they could. They were running through in a dark alleyway with a tool held by their hands. The device looked like a torch that was held like a flashlight. Its source of light was coming from the tip and there were small holes around it, releasing fire from it. Because inside the tool was fire and enclosed by a material that could contain fire without hurting the user when holding. There's a glass on it that focused and narrowed the light to see some distance.

The soldiers were playing cat and mouse with someone. All of the soldiers could see was the backside of a young woman. She had a sapphire hair color and a bob-length hair and a black collar around her neck. She was wearing a black sports bra with a white circle in the middle, but the strap on the left side of the clothes was customized that had a long sleeve. She was also wearing black tight shorts, the right part was long in length that would end near to her knees while the other ended somewhere between her thigh. Around her waist was a brown belt that continued to wrap around her right leg, where her shorts were. There were attachments to it, two small brown pouches on the side of her right leg. Lastly, black halved-finger gloves and black flat combat boots that its shaft would reach around the calf of her legs.

"Get her! She's over here!"

The soldiers called for more backup while they were running, trying to capture her. But when they were running, from above where the roofs could be seen. The lights coming from the soldiers started to turn off. The length of the lights started to get smaller.

"..."

Something happened to them while running and it was so quiet. One by one the lights were taken out until the length of light from the alleyway was small like there was only one soldier left.

Only two of them were left, a soldier and her.

When she turned left, she went inside the darkness. The soldier knew what that path would lead so he whispered with a smirk, "Idiot... That's a dead-end, Trickster."

Before he arrived to get inside the path she took, he shouted to his fellow soldiers, "Careful, men! Watch the walls and the ceiling. She always hides there."

He didn't know that his men were all gone.

He turned left to another alleyway, but the end was a wall and had a ceiling. She couldn't get away now. She's trapped.

He stopped the moment he entered and raised the light at the higher walls and the ceiling. He was walking quietly and carefully, trying to find her hiding on the walls or on the ceilings as what he had known about her and her actions when hiding.

He held the handle of his sword tightly, ready to attack or defend.

He lit the right side and the left side of the wall and the ceiling. She's not yet found. But when he reached mid-way, his feet, just a couple inches away, passed by a dark mass on the pavement.

It looked like a human until its eyes opened when he passed by. The eyes were human eyes with small pupils and the colors were garnet.

He continued walking and provoked her, "Where are you, Trickster. You can never get away now."

Suddenly, the dark mass stood up silently and walked towards his back.

The soldier was surrounded by faint light from his tool and then the eyes were fading into complete visibility when it came near him.

He's the one trapped.

"..."

At the entrance from where both of them entered the path, a small light inside extinguished immediately. The soldier didn't scream or not a single sound was made.

Then she came out from the path and stretched her arms. A silhouette of a young woman that had a normal height for her age.

"Nyeek! That was a good exercise.", she whispered in a young woman's voice.

She then looked up at the skies.

From the rooftops, she jumped from the alleyway and landed safely on a roof.

The night was dark as thick clouds blocked the moon and the skies above. She stood completely still and moved her head at a huge and long ship, almost as tall as the wall. It was made of mostly wood and had two masts, the front mast was short while the rear mast was tall, holding white, lowered down sails. The ship was lit up by strong lights near the ship from the bottom as the rays hit the parts of the ship.

It's almost done.

The ship would be finished by overmorrow.

 

0