Volume 2 Chapter 26: The Attacks of the Vice-Captains
17 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Flying Dutchman, the captain and the three vice-captains of the Eve Kingdom had been staying, running, and walking around for a long time that two of the vice-captains had to do something different for their current situation. Mana was angered by what the monsters and ghosts had done to her poor captain Eve, who was sobbing. So she decided to face them and punish them for making Eve cry.

As Mana was walking on a hallway with Eve, both of their hands were holding each other, but the other forearm of Eve was covering and wiping her eyes, trying to calm herself down and stop crying.

Mana's facial expression was normal, she was not showing any kind of anger or emotions coming from her face or the rest of her body, but then she thought within her mind, These tears are unforgivable... Tears of fear, tears of terror, tears of horror, tears of suffering... They make me get FURIOUS as these cries can hurt my heart and soul. Who would want any children to cry with such tears?... No child can face these yet, that's why they cry for those who can hear to help them... Eve cried for so much help and I was not there!, and then Mana thought of the recent past when Eve shouted the word, "Mama", in front of her.

Mana's mind was the one filled with wrath while as for her body was composed and collected even her emotions were intensified.

From a distance, Mana looked like a mother, holding Eve like a child, and she was finding and approaching the person who hurt her daughter. It looked terrifying, but at the same time it was not, unless the one, who did bad to Eve, knew that they did something bad, the person should be shaking from fear for the consequences. But if no one knew, then it would be just them, walking normally in the hallway.

But that was not the case here. The monsters and ghosts should be prepared for their lives, even though they already lost their first, against a woman named Mana, who deeply cared about Eve's physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and all of her. And she didn't like how they made her cry and she continued, I'm going to kill these bastards and let them experience their second death!

"..."

On the main deck of the ship, Sparrow stared at Hedrick with his the same forever look. He wasn't thinking of anything because he had nothing in his mind. While for Hedrick, he was waiting for Sparrow to attack and see something from him that made him excited because of his name.

"What are you waiting for, Sparrow? Show me you!", Hedrick said and waited for too long as he got impatient.

"Do you have another sword that has the same height as this?", he asked.

"I don't know and I don't care! The swords, I've shown, were all I possess!"

"Then I'll only use one..."

Sparrow looked at Hedrick with his cold, serious eyes and that sparked Hedrick, "Yes... Those eyes... How many have those seen dead?"

Sparrow dashed so quick that he seemed he teleported. He laid an attack on Hedrick, but he blocked it completely. The force that Sparrow tried to push Hedrick didn't move Hedrick backward at all. Now, they were facing each other, close to their swords and Sparrow replied, "Just one ghost..."

Hedrick chuckled shortly for the joke Sparrow made and walked forward with so much force that it was pushing Sparrow backward. Sparrow realized his critical condition and the problem so jumped backward. Then Hedrick dashed faster than how Sparrow did on his first dash that the wooden board around his feet broke and the wind shifted, but he immediately stopped in his position. Sparrow took swift action and blocked the possible attack if Hedrick went after him.

Sparrow just blocked an attack that should have been there.

Hedrick realized his purpose, "Ahhh. Pardon me and my actions, I have forgotten that I let you live to see you. Come on and attack me."

Then Sparrow laid his sword down and stared at him again. Hedrick had thoughts of what Sparrow was doing, but he was not sure and wondered, Let's see...

Hedrick teleported an hourglass floating beside him and flipped it. Now, each sand was dropping and seconds had already passed by.

"..."

Inside the Flying Dutchman, away from the hallway where Book passed out and stayed, there were monsters and ghosts that were surrounding him, but some of the monsters and ghosts were thrown out or pushed back by a mysterious force. Within the group of monsters and ghosts, Book was at the center of it, lying down as he was still unconscious. But it seemed Book and the monsters and the ghosts had some space between them as some of them stayed away from him, making loud noises and screeches, while the others charged to attack Book. Then those who attacked were pushed back by an invisible force.

A ghost was guarding Book.

The attacks seemed infinite that they kept going no matter what as their numbers were a lot. As time kept on moving, scratches were made around the body of Book by the ghosts. Then it just stopped.

The monsters were getting nearer to Book as the space between was decreasing. Eventually, a baby was able to launch itself and held on Book's head. The baby bit his head as its teeth pierced through it. Book didn't flinch from the pain, but then a mysterious force held on the baby and tried to pull it away, but its strength was weak.

The ghost that was protecting Book was getting exhausted that its power was getting weaker. But the ghost didn't give up and focused on keeping the monsters and ghosts away. The baby on Book's head was ignored and let it bite him. The ghost did the most important action first and it was successful that Book got more space away from them, but it was impossible, they moved nearer and nearer no matter what that eventually covered Book and the helpful ghost almost entirely.

"..."

Within the dark hallway, there was a faint glow of a fire and then a disc flying came towards the monsters and ghosts. An ignition happened and exploded, leaving Book to fly away and small fires around the area. And the baby let go of its bite and flew away because of the shockwave.

The monsters and ghosts were disturbed and looked behind them. They saw Mana and Eve, walking towards them and because of them, they made more loud noises and began to attack them.

Mana looked at Eve and asked calmly and politely, "May I use my other hand, Eve? You can still stay by my side."

"Sure.", Eve's state was back to normal and let go of her hand, but she held on her tight shorts.

After that, she replied, "Thank you.", and looked at them with devilish eyes as the fires glistened her reddish pupils. She dropped the torch from her hand and grabbed a lot of discs from her bags, one disc in each gap of her fingers. She threw them one by one and caused explosions. The bodies of the monsters and ghosts dispersed, but they reformed back to normal and had to attack them again. Mana kept destroying their figures to stop them from going near, but the ghosts flew towards them and were about to scratch them. Then Mana had so many discs and so many varieties of them that she placed a disc on her chest.

"Don't look at me, Eve. It will hurt your eyes."

"Okay."

The disc exploded immediately with an orb of bright light that was constantly glowing around her torso. The monsters and ghosts looked away, screaming in pain from their eyes.

"Never seen a bright light before?", she questioned them and continued, "Then, I'll show you the brightest!"

Mana strongly threw three discs on top of her that they pierced through the ceiling and they exploded at the same time that the size of the explosion was big. The explosion reached the deck, where Hedrick and Sparrow were staring at each other and they didn't mind the explosion. As there was a huge hole, Mana threw a disc to the very top that it went above the main deck. The wires shot off in the opposite direction in so much power like a cannonball. Both ends of the wires went around the sides of the ship. The wires were so long that the ends of the wires fell down to the very bottom of the ship and the magnets attached them together. Now the disc retracted both of its wire so fast that the whole ship was cut in half so easily, but neither of the halves was falling down. They were still moving in a straight line.

Mana cut the ship in half as part of the punishment and she was not done yet with it.

As things were going on, the fires, made by Eve, were spreading fast around the ship, damaging most parts of the bottom part. The topmost part was still fine, but not for too long.

As the monsters and ghosts were looking away, the body of Book started floating away from the fight and flew somewhere.

Mana turned off the disc that was releasing an orb of bright light from her chest. She looked at Eve and asked with a smile, "Come here, Eve. Let me carry you.", as the monsters and the ghosts just screamed.

Eve raised her arms up, and Mana carried her and laid her body on her chest then she held her properly with one hand.

The monsters and ghosts jumped towards them and Mana was in time and shot off a wire from the top. The end of the wire hit the tip of mast and the disc retracted, pulling Mana and Eve, away from where they were and flew to the top of the ship. The monsters and ghosts hit each other, but then they were quickly forming into a black mass.

Mana and Eve saw Sparrow and Eve shouted in happiness, "Sparrow!!! We're here!", and giggled, "Hihihihihi."

Sparrow heard and looked at them, but Hedrick ignored them and focused at him as the sands of the hourglass were falling.

When Mana and Eve reached the tip, Mana placed her feet on the mast and stayed in position, looking down. Then Eve looked at her side and listened to the ghost. She told Mana, "Mana, Book is in our ship."

"Oh, really? That's good news. Then we will be leaving then."

"Let's gooo!"

Out from the hole, where Mana and Eve came out, appeared the black mass of a serpent's body, going towards them.

Mana grinned and retracted the whole wire into the disc. She stuck her boots on the mast and started running down. Eve was enjoying the ride and laughing happily. With the help of gravity and her running, the speed was quite incredibly fast. They faced the black mass and then Mana jumped so high.

The black mass followed her, but she shot off a wire to the tip of the mast again. The moment the wire stuck on the mast and she started falling, she swang around the mast in swirls. The black mass moved swirls with her, while she was protracting the wire in the disc. The wire wrapped the mast entirely and when she stepped on the deck, she looked at Eve with a smile and asked, "Did you enjoy that, Eve?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do that again!"

"You want to spin around at high speed?"

While Mana and Eve were talking, the black mass was above them then Mana stepped away in two steps and the black mass missed them. It went through the deck and into the ship.

"No, no, no! The falling part! I want to fall!", Eve answered enthusiastically.

After that, Mana released her hand that had a lot of discs sticking together as one. She combined so many discs that it was basically a very big bomb. As the main disc, that had the wire, retracted quickly. The bomb was spinning around the mast, going to the top. As the bomb reached the end, it launched off, strong enough, into the clouds from the empty core.

"Ohhh... Alright, don't worry, we will fall down one more time."

"Yehey!!", she celebrated with her hands up.

When the black mass resurfaced from within the ship, it was spreading around the whole deck of the ship as short, black, spiky mass. They were coming out from the small holes or any opening.

Everyone was like on the plain area with black short grasses around their feet.

Mana went near to the taffrails and stood on it, "Sparrow! You'll be the only one left if we leave now!", she notified while Eve was looking down on the ship, getting excited to fall down.

"You also need to leave now!", she continued.

Sparrow looked at them and gave them a thumbs up.

"Alright! We'll be waiting!", Mana ended and jumped off.

Then the bomb exploded so strong that the shockwave opened a huge hole, removing the clouds and pushing it away. The hole revealed the sun and the rays of sunlight went inside the core of the enormous cloud.

The bright rays of sunlight were gleaming around the ship and even penetrated through any holes and openings, bringing light inside the ship, that completely vanished the black mass as numerous painful screams of monsters and ghostly men, women, and children were heard and cleared the whole ship with anything black, but Hedrick was still there, unflinching and not hurt from the intense brightness of the sun.

He's one powerful ghost.

While Mana was falling down to the main deck of the Eve Kingdom while Eve was enjoying falling again, Mana heard the screams and smirked, "That'll teach them to not make children cry in the afterlife."

"..."

Sparrow looked back to Hedrick and Hedrick checked the hourglass. Both of them ignored the explosion and screams until they stopped, so they continued what they were doing. Hedrick noticed how much time was used and said, "Fifty minutes of nothing... You're trying to avoid to fight me, aren't you?! Because of your injuries."

Hedrick started to get mad from what Sparrow was doing.

"Pretty much. If I was in my healthy state, you would have seen me..."

"Boohahaha! You're a wise man, Sparrow.", Hedrick acknowledged him.

Sparrow pierced his sword down to the deck and Hedrick continued angrily. "But your injuries won't pity me!"

Sparrow let go his hand from the handle, preparing to leave and Hedrick still continued, "If you're not going to show me YOU! Then I will force you to bring out YOU!", as he was really mad.

Hedrick dashed at incredible speed and attacked. As Sparrow let go of his sword, he immediately held the handle back and use it to defend himself.

Sparrow was able to defend himself, but the strength of Hedrick pushed him to the staircase of the forecastle. He laid down on the broken staircase, bleeding and weak. Hedrick didn't hesitate to kill and followed his attacks which Sparrow moved aside and Hedrick slashed the staircase, but the result was devastating as he decimated the front part of the ship.

As the fires were getting bigger and reaching the main deck of the ship, things were heating up, literally and figuratively.

Hedrick followed his attack again and dashed towards Sparrow, but he tried to play with him. Now, Sparrow was blocking a lot of Hedrick's weak attack. Sparrow didn't try to attack yet as he was in a lot of disadvantages because Hedrick was pushing him back and he's critically injured. Then Sparrow found a chance and kicked his chest, but the result was not the expected, as he kicked him to push himself away from Hedrick because Hedrick was immovable.

As Sparrow got some distance, Hedrick widened his eyes from surprise and excitement.

THERE IT IS!

Hedrick, playing with Sparrow, brought him out naturally and would now see it from him.

"..."

Sparrow slid backward shortly and stood lazily with a slouch back, and then his eyes felt they changed as he was preparing himself for a skill, that would show who Sparrow was, that Hedrick was exhilarating about. His eyes were intimidating and scary, chilling to continue to stare at as they were filled with murderous intent.

The winds started to blow strong as the scarf of Sparrow was dancing and the black fires from his sword were swaying randomly which made the fires bigger. Sparrow chanted with a whisper, "Time passes by, and I shall follow nigh. But the blade comes first... ONE MILLISECOND LINEAR DISARRAY..."

In one millisecond, Sparrow went through Hedrick and left so many disarray lines of black fire around the deck of the ship then the fires extinguished. He continued moving so fast and strong until he destroyed the taffrails with his lower body.

Sparrow realized, "Ah, that was too much...", as he was going away from the ship and started falling.

He was unfortunate that space was lacking for that kind of skill.

From afar from the deck, it seemed Sparrow didn't do anything but passed by Hedrick and left black fires. However, looking closer to the place, Sparrow made so many damages as there were so many wooden dents around the ship that left Hedrick in confusion as he felt nothing from his body or even had a single injury.

"Huh?", he said and slowly looked back where Sparrow left off.

"What was that?"

"..."

On the main deck of the Eve Kingdom, Eve, and Mana were on board. Mana hoisted the sails by herself. She was strong enough to do it and asked Eve, "Are you sure Book is here?"

Eve ran into the main cabin and pulled Book out, "Yeah, I'm sure!"

Mana ran to the helm and was happy to see him. She pulled the wheel, "Okay! Here we go! Let's get out of this place and never come back!"

Suddenly, the force that held on the ship mysteriously disappeared and the ship started flying upwards. As the winds were picking up, the sails were filled with winds and the ship was pushed forward.

That's the time Mana sighed in relief as they started going away from the Flying Dutchman and thought they were all complete, "Away from the nightmare... WAIT! WHERE IS SPARROW?!", she was shocked and turned around to check if he's on deck.

Eve gave her a poker face and a shrug. And then Sparrow's face splatted on the main deck and the sound of the impact was painful.

Mana sighed so much and whispered, "Ohh... There he is...", and felt at ease and relaxation.

Eve stared at Sparrow and asked with curiosity, "Why are you covered in blood?"

Sparrow didn't answer her question and said in disbelief, "What the?..."

He placed the sword in front of his face, "Why didn't it cut anything?"

He was fully aware that he didn't cut Hedrick apart and left a very poor performance of his swordsmanship that the result was dented woods from his blade.

He stood up, trying to figure things out, and Eve watched him with a troubled face as she was waiting for an answer. When the main deck of the Eve Kingdom leveled with the main deck of the Flying Dutchman. Sparrow saw Hedrick and yelled, "Hey! You left your sword!"

Hedrick was standing beside the taffrails with an angry face as the whole ship was burning in flames.

"You're a disappointing one, Sparrow! Take that sword with you as a reminder of our battle that has yet to be finished!"

Eve looked where Sparrow yelled at and heard a man replied. Immediately, she noticed and shouted happily, "Ahahaha! A pirate!", then she closed one of her eyes and continued with a pirate accent, "Arrrrrrrrr! Ahoy there, mate! Where ye booty?! I will take it!"

"PIRATES DON'T TALK LIKE THAT!!!", Hedrick was enraged from the stereotypes about pirates.

As he was being engulfed with flames, he shouted one last time to Sparrow, "The next time we meet, Sparrow! Our fight shall immediately start!"

Sparrow looked at him and replied, "Thank you!... For the sword!..."

The sword was gifted to him, but as the Eve Kingdom was moving away from the Flying Dutchman, Sparrow saw, at the rear side of the ship, a beautiful lady with luxurious, royal clothes of a princess. She watched him as both of them were going further away.

She smiled sweetly and waved her hand, goodbye. Sparrow gave her a smile of his own until she was consumed by the fire.

The Flying Dutchman was completely burning. The flames burned bigger and taller, and everything in it stayed.

As the Eve Kingdom left the core and entered the stormy part of the cloud, Sparrow saw the strong glow of the fire within the gray cloud. But then the fire quickly dispersed as if the fire was gone in a snap, leaving a darker figure of the ship.

"..."

They would come back eventually.

"..."

Now, the Eve Kingdom was leaving the Flying Dutchman in the opposite direction, they continued heading towards their dreams.

"..."

"..."

"..."

At the wrecked captain's room, the white teddy bear of Eve was sitting on broken pieces of wood. It was undamaged but had dust around it. Then the head fell down on its own. But a loud voice of Eve said, "Mana! Sparrow passed out!"

"WHAT?!", she was shocked.

"Yeah, he's in a puddle of his own blood!"

"Fucking hell! I'll get the ice!"

"Aaaeeeeuuuweeeeheeeephhhh...", Book just woke up and said something gibberish.

1