Volume 2 Chapter 29: The Starting Day of the Entrance Exam
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Cathedral of Sertifica, the day had started with the dew dropping from the plant's leaves, birds flying around the country, and people walking by on the roads because a beautiful morning just came. The rays of the sunlight went across the lands, the country, and inside the room of Faeger from the windows. The room got brighter and things were quiet inside. His bed was fixed and neat, his possessions were in their rightful place, and his study table had books stacked properly. But he was nowhere in the room for the moment as sounds of showering were heard in the bathroom. Then the sounds suddenly stopped, and he opened the door and showed himself with a bath towel covering his lower body. His hair was freshly dried, and his body was refreshed and clean. He was preparing himself to go to the classroom as early as he could because his face was written with full of excitement.

"First day and I will be the first in class! And no one's going to hinder me!"

He walked outside of the bathroom and went to his cabinet to wear some clothes. He wore the proper uniform and finished wearing by wearing black socks. He closed the cabinet and said, "Alright! First one in the class!!", and ran to the door, but he immediately stopped as he felt an unknown feeling that made him move his head at something important. He looked at the wall and there, his black hero suit was hanging by a hanger and a hook. After staring it for a moment, he smiled and began feeling motivated to do his very best to pass the entrance exam and become a saint, Not today, but someday!

He continued running to the door, wore his shoes beside the doorstep, and exited his room. His room was now empty but filled with inspiration as the black hero suit stayed there, the only thing that would keep him going no matter what as he dreamt to wear that when he became a saint. Unexpectedly, he came back inside the room worried like he forgot something and rushed to the mirror. He looked at his hair and brushed it intensely with his hand. 

"Okay, to the classroom!"

He left the room once more and ran down the stairs.

Inside the room of Rex, he was still sleeping comfortably on the messy bed as he was really tired from everything that happened yesterday and the day before yesterday. As time kept clicking, there was still a lot of time before the class would start. Then Rex woke up as he opened his eyes and lifted his upper body, "Ahh. I'm hungry...", as he seemed to be sitting on his bed.

He stood up and went to the bathroom to wash his face, brush his teeth, and fix himself. After that, he changed to his uniform in his room and proceeded to leave. When he was outside of his doorstep, he thought disappointingly as he remembered someone who would be met in the classroom.

Tsk, another day to meet that fucker and three weeks more to go... I want to get this over with and become a saint already...

He breathed out the disappointment and went to the cafeteria to eat his breakfast.

Inside the classroom, EX-2, Faeger stood in front of the door and opened it quickly like a surprise. He shouted, "Fiiiiiirrsssssttt!!!"

And he was the first one to be in the classroom as it was empty. He rushed inside and celebrated, "Yeaaah! Ahahahaha!"

Being alone made him feel free and do weird things because no one could see what he was doing and thought that he's too early, he had a lot of time left until people would start coming in. He ran up the stairs in the center of the tiering seating, stood his two feet on the last platform of the stairs and looked back, "Woah, that's actually down far... Wait! This scene looks familiar!"

He remembered something from the stories he had read and continued, "The book where Zero fought the Black King! Zero stood like this..."

He decided to stand like Zero in the book. He stood perfectly still and stiff, straight posture with a fearless face. Faeger continued, "He smiled at his enemy and ran down the slope super fast..."

Faeger imitated Zero's actions from the story and ran down the stairs. After that, he continued, "Then he jumped!"

He slightly lowered his legs and jumped with all his legs could.

He was in mid-air, feeling that he was like Zero in the book. Because of that feeling, with an amazing ability to imagine and create from his mind, his imagination took form into reality from what he was seeing. A view of a vast misty unknown forest as the trees were upside down. The roots were above and below the skies, reaching the thin clouds. The leaves and branches were on the ground, making the surface thick and covered. There were tall mountains ranges from afar, and the Black King stood somewhere there, in a small vague figure of a black spot, behind a huge dark, fiery portal to the unknown. Faeger felt he was going towards the Black King and fighting against him. He looked behind and saw great devastation of his jump that destroyed the volcano into ruins, leaving lava to flow and magma to spew.

"Damn, that's amazing!"

 Until he started falling down, he went back to reality.

He looked down and noticed that he was meters away from the stairs, "Ah, this is bad..."

"Waaaaa!!!", he fell down on the stairs and began rolling down until the end. When he was on the floor, he felt numerous pain around his body, "Ow, ow, ow, that really hurt."

He stood up and limped towards the teacher's desk to rest. He sat down on it and felt the pain easing. Then, being alone made him do weird things again, he squatted on the desk and started pinching like a crab. He questioned nobody in front of him, "Guess what am I?"

He answered his own question with a high pitch voice to act like a different person, "Are you craaab?"

"Nooo! I'm a chameleon!", he showed his tongue and tried to stretch his tongue further away. Forcing his tongue to do that, he started gagging and felt nauseated. While gagging, he immediately stopped and froze as he heard the door open. He didn't try to look at the person because of shock and thought, Someone is here!!

Raiko was on the doorstep of the classroom and saw Faeger squatting on the teacher's table with pincher fingers and a tongue out. She didn't react to his weirdness and ignored it as she went inside. It was complete silence in the room as she walked to the stairs. To his surprise, he thought, It's Raiko! She must be a morning person.

Faeger watched her walk up the stairs but that was his chance to make a move while she's not looking at him. 

I need to get out of here before she could slam the table and punish me! 

Quickly, he ran to the seat and sat on the front row. He stood properly with his hands together on the table and proper posture. He did that to behave and avoided any troubles that would make her slam the table. Eventually, she sat on her seat in poise at the topmost row, beside the wall. Both of them were alone in the classroom and they waited for quite a time until the stomach of Faeger started rumbling. He still sat with the exact position, with no difference from before, but he thought sadly, Ahh... I'm hungry, but I don't have enough money to buy three meals a day... I have to endure this! 

With his determination to feel hungry early in the morning, he stayed calm and continued waiting until the class would start. But the wailing stomach didn't stop and his face dramatically changed to someone who had not eaten in days. His state of mind switched to survival mode and looked around vigilantly like a predator finding its prey.

He saw an ant and thought, Black ant!

The large black ant waved its arm and said, "Hello!", in a tiny cute voice.

Red ant!

The small reddish ant with a dark abdomen look at Faeger and just spoke, "Sup!", in a very deep voice. 

Bagworm!

The bagworm was climbing the wall and greeted femininely, "Good morn- Ahhhh!"

It fell down.

His survival mode turned off as he got hungrier and there wasn't anything to eat so he ate the air as he munched it and masticated nothing. 

Aaah. Why am I so hungry right now? Wasn't the dinner enough last night?  

He took a bite of the air again and continued by thinking delusionally as he closed his eyes to save energy, Eeuueehee... I think air is a good meal... Yeah, yeah, I bet it's filled with calories, enough to give me energy... Air is a good breakfast served for the people like me... 

Minutes passed by and his hunger had gotten worse. He started slamming his head on the table to cover his hunger with pain. With the loud banging, Raiko heard it clear and was puzzled as to why he was slamming his head with a grumbling stomach. She asked, "Faeger-san, have you eaten your breakfast?"

Faeger was surprised, "Wah!", and looked at her, "How did you know?!"

"So he hasn't...", she whispered and responded, "I could hear your stomach from here."

His stomach grumbled loudly again.

"Oh... Well, I don't eat breakfast so I could save up some money. I can only afford to buy lunch and dinner."

"But you're a student here... Meals are free."

"Eh? Then... The money I used to buy yesterday's lunch and dinner... ", he realized a problem.

"Yeah.", she knew it.

"What the hell! I wasted my money!!", he stood up, irritated about himself and asked, "Where can I eat the free meals?"

"In the cafeteria, the end of the hallway on this floor."

"Thank you very much!", he dashed to the door, but before he left, he asked, "How about you? Have you eaten breakfast?"

"I cook my meals in my room so I had mine already."

"Woah, that's great! Well, I'm out!" 

He left the classroom and went to the cafeteria to eat. When he was there, he immediately took a tray and saw many different dishes of foods. He was amazed by their numbers, "Woooh! There's so many to choose from!"

He took the plates and prepared his hands with a serving spoon and a clipper, "I'll take them all!"

He filled his tray with plates of food then he found a place to eat and sat down to begin his breakfast. While he was eating his breakfast wildly because he was really hungry, Rex came out from the restroom and walked to the exit of the cafeteria to go to the classroom. As he was walking, he saw Faeger devouring a huge portion of food into his mouth and it was bringing a lot of eyes to him.

That idiot is eating like an animal. He's preferred to be in a cage of a zoo or something.

Rex left the cafeteria and went to the classroom. 

As time passed by, the cafeteria was empty, but Faeger was still there, eating more and more as he could. While he was eating, he said with a mouth full of food, "I shouldn't waste anything if it is free! I will take everything until there is a price!"

"Sir, you're going to be late if you keep eating.", a man, cleaning a table, told Faeger and that made him remember, "The class! Ah, crap! I should be the first and now I will be the last!"

"This is bad!", he finished everything on the plates in a rush, wiped his mouth with a white cloth, and stacked the plates together. He properly placed them on the tray and lifted it up, while saying, "Where can I wash the dishes?"

"No, no, sir, that's our job to do that."

"Oh, really... Then thanks!", he placed the tray down and walked out the cafeteria because of his full stomach, "Dammit! I cannot try to run with a full stomach! I need to hurry up!"

As fast as he could walk to his classroom, everyone was there except for him. It seemed Astrel didn't want to start the class until everyone was complete. Rex was bored as he was supporting his head by the palm of his hand because nothing was happening. He was pissed off about Faeger and whispered, "Why do we have to wait for this fucker? He's not even important."

While waiting, Raiko thought, How could he be late from eating breakfast?

Then, finally, Faeger entered the room and quickly apologized as he bowed his head, "I'm sorry for being late! I was really hungry and the food was for free, so I had to eat a lot!"

Astrel was happy to see him and said, "It's good that you are present, Faeger. Come inside and take a seat. We can now begin to have a class."

"Okay!"

Faeger walked and Rex shouted angrily, "You bastard! We lost precious time because we waited for your ass!"

Faeger smirked and told him, "That's how important my ass is compared to yours."

"Huh?! What did you say?!"

"Okay, calm down both of you.", Astrel averted the possible fight, and Faeger continued to walk up to the stairs and took a random seat. And now the class began as she took the book on the table. She opened it and flipped the pages where she wanted.

"Today, I will be discussing "Saints" as it is what everyone here that wants to become one. So it is important to learn about it. From the singular noun, Saint, it has two origins, coming from Latin: Sancire and Sanctus. Sancire has the meaning "Consecrate", while Sanctus means "Holy" And together as a definition, a saint is a holy person who is dedicated to a sacred purpose and that purpose is to follow the words of our God."

She flipped a page and continued, "Unity is the name of the God that we are following and the Saints are His people or followers. He is an incomplete omniscient God. Because of his incompleteness, he roamed the worlds, since His coming, to know a lot of things. And all those things are in His only work, The Book of Unity. It is an unfinished autobiography of His life in this world and our neighboring world. It is filled with words and drawings of lessons, experiences, philosophies, wisdom, knowledge about life, humans, plants, animals, etc., recipes for food, medicines, etc., symptoms and cures of diseases and sicknesses, and so much more. The way we are following Unity is not a religion, but a way to learn, understand and practice His words. We do not worship Him because He doesn't like to be worshipped. So I encourage you to read His book when there's availability because it really flourishes yourself and helps you in so many ways."

With a pause, made by Astrel, a female student had a respectful chance to raise her hand to ask a question. Astrel saw her hand and quickly covered her face with the book because of her shyness.

"Yes!", she said and she asked, "If I disagree like in His philosophy or just some words in His book, will I fail to become a saint?"

"Ehh! Ueeeh! Ah, great question. Individuality will always come to disagree but the purpose of his work is to educate us from what he learned and understood while He was roaming. You can disagree with His philosophies or His words with no problems at all. Reading and accepting the whole book doesn't make you a saint, but how we act as one. You see, somewhere in the context of the book, He made His own definition of a saint that we could all agree and should be followed no matter what. For Him, a saint..."

"...", while Astrel was answering and discussing, Faeger started to get tired and sleepy. His eyes were squinting and his head kept falling. They were about to give up fully and give him time to sleep completely but he persisted to observe and listen well. He opened his eyes widely to force himself to be awake and even used his fingers to support his eyelids. 

Why am I getting tired of learning about saints? I should be energetic about this! I need this!... But why are you tired, my body?

While doing so, he slept immediately and his head fell on the table. 

"Ow! That hurts.", he woke up and his forehead was in pain as he held it to ease it. 

Dammit! I slept! 

Faeger glanced at Rex and he was sleeping as he was lying his head on the table.

He's sleeping! No, I shouldn't follow him. WAKE UP!! All eyes and ears to Astrel! LEARN!

Faeger focused his eyes and ears at the teacher, but suddenly his eyes were slowly closing and it couldn't be helped because his eyes needed to moisten. When he closed his eyes and opened them, the whole whiteboard was filled with words, shapes, and arrows.

WHAT THE HECK!!! HOW LONG DID I BLINK?!! This is bad! I'm left behind. I need to write them down on a paper or a book. SHIT! I DIDN'T EVEN BRING A PEN!!

Faeger looked beside him and his seatmates were writing down what's on the whiteboard with a book and a pen.

Am I the only one who didn't bring anything?! Wait, maybe there's something underneath the table.

He lowered his head and checked beneath his table. There was nothing, but he tried to go further in as he ducked and went under.

"Huh, there's nothing."

He went up, bumped his head, "Ow!", and stood out from under the table and sat, "So what am I going to do? Aaaahh... I'm doomed..."

He gently slammed his head on the table as he felt bad for himself. Then someone knocked on the door and Astrel stopped discussing when she heard it. 

"Coming!"

She approached the door and talked to a female nurse. While both of them were talking, Faeger looked up as he felt curious as to why the teacher stopped talking. There, he saw her talking with a nurse.

"What's this?", he asked himself, and then when they finished talking, the nurse walked away, Astrel closed the door and walked on the platform, center of the classroom. She announced something important and urgent, "Looks like we have to stop for a moment, class. I've been instructed to send all of you to the gym. All males, follow the male nurse, while the females follow the female nurse. They will guide you to their infirmary to check your physical body and ask you short questions as part of your data."

"Yes, teacher!", most of the students answered.

Rex woke up from the loud answer, "What's happening?", and the students started standing up and leaving their seats. One guy beside told him, "A physical checkup by a nurse in the gym."

"Oh, that."

Rex stood up and followed everyone, and all of them went in one group and proceeded to the gym. When they were in the indoor gym, where there were a lot of barbells, dumbbells, mats, punching bags, and more instruments for exercising, they saw two nurses. The place was quite spacious as there was an empty space to stay. There were a male and a female nurse standing in front of them. The male nurse said, "All males, please make a line in front of me."

"Females, form a horizontal line here.", the female nurse instructed.

Every student followed their words and both of the nurses said in unison, "Follow me."

They entered a hallway from the gym and both of their infirmaries were separated and far. All of the students went inside as the nurses went in. First, the nurses would take note of all the data they needed from each student, their weight, height, BWH, BMI, eyesight, blood type, and more. Second, they would start asking questions about their health and etc.

Inside the female's infirmary, there were female nurses around the room and the students were still in line. The first student in the line was in front of a desk. The nurse placed a paper and pen on the table and said, "Please put your name and age, and proceed next to me."

The student picked the pen and wrote her name and age then she proceeded next as there was a table with a nurse sitting on a chair. She told the student, "Paper please."

"Here."

The student gave her the paper and the nurse continued, "Thank you, please stand on the platform."

The student stood on a platform that would tell her weight from a circular scale. After the nurse wrote her weight on the paper, she offered the paper and said, "Thank you, please proceed next."

The student took the paper and went to the next table with a nurse to take another information from her. This would go on, next table to another. When a lot of the students had finished theirs, it was Raiko's turn to take the paper, she wrote her name, "Raiko" and her age, "18" then proceeded next to her. While doing so, the students, who were finished, were sitting down on comfortable couches and sofas to wait for others to be finished. Within those students who were done, one of the students was staring at Raiko and asked her friend beside her, "Hey, does Raiko look familiar from the television we saw when we were like seven years old?"

"Huh. You're right. Wasn't her parents like famous saints?", she responded as she looked at Raiko.

"Oh yeah, now I remember... Woah, she was really short and shy-looking back then, and look at her now. So very different. She looks cool, elegant, beautiful with perfect beauty and body."

"I'm surprised that she's not popular with famous parents. She had gone quiet while growing up."

"Probably because she was home-schooled, like princess thingy, alone in the house or something. I'm sure she will be famous once she's a saint."

"Aaahh... You're right... Damn, she got those childbearing hips. Do you think her children will be smart and intelligent?"

"You believe that bullshit? Plus, you're creepy..."

"What? What am I supposed to describe those hips? Wide? Big? Amazing? They are similar! I'm not feeling bad if she doesn't know and not feeling bad."

"You're still creepy...", she looked blankly at her friend. 

Inside the male's infirmary, the room was very similar to the other infirmary. While the men were in line, Rex finished his checkup as he was sitting comfortably on a sofa with others, and Faeger, he was at the last table, answering the questions from the nurse.

"I'm not asthmatic."

"Okay, good. Thank you for your cooperation and please sit and relax over there.", the nurse pointed and Faeger replied, "Okay, thank you, too."

Feager walked towards the area and saw an empty space beside Rex. It was the edge side of the sofa. Rex noticed that he would sit next beside him and he didn't like that so before Faeger approached close, he spread his legs wide open, occupying the space for two people and faked his sleeping with a smug.

"Is this some kind of declaration of war?", Faeger said. 

Rex ignored him and continued pretending his sleep. While Faeger started to get annoyed by that kind of action because it was completely intentional. But then he asked, "Oi, could you sit properly so I can sit? You're taking a lot of space."

"...", Rex still ignored and Faeger would get mad from this. 

The person, sitting beside Rex, noticed that there would be a fight coming from the two if he didn't interrupt so he said, "Oh, boy... Sir nurse! Can we all stay in the gym? Maybe the females are there waiting for us!"

"Huh, maybe you're right. Alright, those who are finished, stay in the gym!"

Faeger walked towards the door once he heard it, and everyone stood up from the couches and sofas and followed. Some students uttered, "Ah, I really want to stand up rather sitting down."

"You're right. Sitting hurts."

"Sitting down for a long time kills, you know.", another one told. 

"Yet we are still doing it. Such a passive way to murder."

After a short time, all of the male students were gathering in the gym, waiting for the females to come and once the females arrived, one guy alerted everyone, "Ah, they're here.", which made a lot to look. Now, everyone was there, complete in one group. They just stayed there for a moment, not knowing what to do next. Then one guy asked everyone, "So?... We're going back to the class?"

"I think we should. Let's go.", a female answered and all of them started walking towards the exit of the gym. But then a sickly short old man, with a sombrero behind his back and a string was attached to it which was around his neck, came. He had gray hair and a gray mustache. He was wearing a hospital gown, barefooted, and holding an IV stand of a bag of dextrose and he walked to the center of the gym behind the students' back and talked, "Where do you think you are all going?"

Everyone looked back curiously to know who's the person, and the old man coughed and continued, "Your class with Astrel is done. The next class is my class."

"EHHHH?! An escape patient from a hospital?!", most of them shouted in surprise. 

"Huh? Escape patient? No, I'm a teacher... Now.", he looked at them seriously and continued, "Go to the locker room and change to your gym clothes."

With his seriousness, some students felt nervous about what would happen next and went to their separated locker rooms, male and female, but Faeger thought while looking at the teacher, Huh, I wonder what's it going to be? 

For a short moment of time, all of the students gathered randomly before the teacher with the gym uniform. The males wore a black t-shirt with a white cross on the front, black jogging pants, and black rubber shoes while the females wore completely similar. He coughed and introduced, "Good morning, everyone. My name is Juanosé and I will be teaching you about "Aura" and their types. Before I will start, who knows how to use the two basic auras of fighting already?"

Only a little had raised their hands, Rex included and the teacher continued, "Ooohh, who wants to volunteer and show your classmates what you got?"

The students who raised their hands quickly pulled down, leaving Rex alone. But it seemed he was willing and the teacher said impressively, "What's your name, kid?"

"Rex."

"Okay, Rex, come up front."

Rex walked towards Juanosé and stood confidently beside him. Before the teacher wanted him to show the auras, he observed the face of Rex and asked, "Rex, I want to know something about you. Why do you want to become a saint?"

He smugged at everyone and responded, "Because I have a dream! That one day, I will become like Zero! Only me and no one else!"

After that response, he looked at Faeger with a dominant face and Faeger watched him seriously. Both of them were staring at each other and the atmosphere was intense between them. It was like two ferocious predators waiting for the inevitable fight for who would take the fallen prey and who would leave nothing. Because of that, Faeger had in mind, So we both have similar dreams... To be like Zero. But I'll make mine a reality no matter what!

But the teacher just laughed, "Hahahaha!"

That triggered Rex negatively and murderously glared at Juanosé for he thought it was a joke or an impossible dream to achieve. 

Juanosé slowly stopped laughing and calmly looked Rex's face. He explained, "You're mistaking it, Rex. I laughed because it's about goddamn time for someone courageous to place their feet on the deepest footsteps of Zero. Your path is the hardest and even ahead of it, but it is the most correct path, you will ever take..." 

He looked at the students and continued, "Always dream higher than the outer space, more than the stars above and bigger than the universe, they're already made in the future and you just have to make there."

Rex calmed down and looked back at his classmates. 

"Now, sorry for taking up much time. Let's start learning about "Auras", shall we? Auras are humans' locked abilities. We have them, but unattainable until attainable. Unlocked abilities are those we have as needed to survive and live: the ability to breathe, the ability to move, see, hear, reproduce and more. They are natural and will naturally develop upon growing. But these auras are locked abilities that will never be obtained naturally or just by growing. They can be only unlocked by one simple step and we will do that after this..."

He continued, "The first aura is called Borea. This type of aura releases aurora lights around your body. It is basically making your internal and external body hard, tough, and resistant to anything. Rex, can you show it?"

Rex heard it and stood still and relaxed. Without any form of action, aurora lights appeared around the body. He was still visible as the lights weren't that strong to block him.

The teacher continued, "Borea can easily be controlled like a switch, on and off. But using this may take up some time. As you observed that the lights around Rex had to brighten up to its maximum, meaning that it is fully functional. Next aura is called Austra. This time, it appears inside your body. Please show, Rex."

Rex removed Borea and slightly raised his arm, and the Austra quickly appeared inside his arm, including the sleeve of his uniform. Similar to Borea, aurora lights were moving inside the arm. 

"This aura is mostly used in our arms and legs. It is what makes your punches and kicks stronger and quicker and your ability to run or move faster and swifter. This aura gives weight, strength, and power. This has no delay like Borea, it appears faster than you think on where you want it to appear..."

He looked at Rex and told him, "You can go back to the group, now, Rex. Thank you for volunteering. That was an excellent performance of your auras."

Rex went back to the group and looked at the teacher. And Juanosé continued the discussion.

"These two types of aura have their own limit for each one of us and they can be improved if trained. For example...", Juanosé walked in the hallway where the infirmaries were, and his IV stand was moving with wheels. Then he walked back from the hallway, pulling a platform weighing scale with one hand. It was moving slowly as he was having a hard time. It was making loud screeches, and he seemed to be sweating. 

Some students felt worried and thought, Should someone help him? 

But nobody did as he was able to place it where he wanted. He was breathing heavily and tried to relax. 

"Hoo... Hoo... Ho... Okay.", he then stood on the platform of the weighing scale, "About Austra, I have told you that it also gives weight. This is one reason why you can feel heaviness in your body, but if you know your capacity, you can move your body like normal without any heaviness to burden. Going over your limit can harm you as that's the time you can feel the heaviness of Austra. The amount of weight is equivalent to the force you will exert. Look at here..."

The scale showed five hundred kilograms and he continued with no aurora lights, "I have placed five hundred kilograms around my arm, meaning I can destroy and carry anything within the number. Beyond the number will be a struggle."

He stood out from the platform, and some students quickly thought in surprise, Why didn't he use Austra to pull that?!

Juanosé continued, "Beginners like you, your Austra will be hard to control as everything is unstable. Also, overpowering it might cause tearing of your flesh, inside and outside, dislocation of bones and multiple fractures, and extension of your body even you have mastered Austra. All of these can be recovered once treated properly but do be careful and know your capacity as it is essential. And avoid overpowering unless you could handle it. For Borea, it is always stable and only reaches to its maximum. Overpowering this won't cause any harm. Any questions?"

Raiko asked as she raised her hand, "Sensei, can I use both auras at the same time?"

"I haven't told you about that?"

"No.", as she lowered her hand down.

"Ohh, really? Well, then you can't use both of them at the same time until you mastered them. Upon mastering, you can use them at the same time and there wouldn't be aurora lights anymore. Both of your Austra and Borea will always be present permanently in your body, and with Austra, you have in complete control of how much weight, strength, and power... Wait? Have I told you that you would have a hard time using Austra?"

"Yes, you already have...", most students answered and they thought exactly, He's definitely having memory loss.

"That's great. I think I have discussed everything that I have learned about the basic auras of fighting and taught you all of them. Any questions?"

Most of the students thought, I doubt that!

Raiko asked one more as she wanted to learn, "How about the speed in Austra, sensei?"

"Speed? Uhhh... I think it goes in balance? Heh, if it's fast, it's fast."

He's forgetting a lot of things already!, the same students had it in their mind.

"Hmmm... If I mastered both Austra and Borea, is it possible to damage myself from Austra because of a weak Borea?"

"Yes, a strong Austra can damage your Borea from an opponent and even yourself if your Borea isn't stronger than your Austra. That's why don't overpower your usage of Austra. Helpful tip, make your Borea stronger than your own Austra and other's Austra because if your Borea is strong, you will be indestructible, immovable and even resist all elemental damages."

"Sensei..."

Raiko still kept questioning, but the look of Faeger was filled with shock and confusion and whispered, "What?"

He didn't fully grasp the whole discussion as it was too long. 

After Raiko was satisfied with questioning Juanosé and the answers from him, she stayed quiet and the teacher began talking, "Now, those who have unlocked the two auras, show it to me for approval. Those who have not, we will begin unlocking them after this."

The students who learned Austra and Borea came upfront towards Juanosé. One by one, they showed the two auras and he let them stand behind them after he nodded in approval. Rex was immediately placed behind him because he already knew he could use the auras. After they all finished, the teacher said, "Alright, those who are finished, you can use the gym for exercise... Now, I'll pick one of you."

The finished students walked to the gym equipments and used them to exercise. 

Juanosé looked at the students and decided as he pointed his finger, "You, boy. Come here."

A random male student was picked and he walked towards the teacher. When he was in front of him, Juanosé said, "Show me your dominant hand and fold the sleeve up your shoulder."

"Sure.", he folded his right sleeve and showed his right arm. Juanosé continued, "Clench your hand."

The student clenched his fist, but Juanosé wasn't satisfied with it, "Clench your hand tighter. I want to see your whole arm shaking!"

"Okay!"

The student followed his words, and his hand was tightly shut and clenched. His arm showed his muscles and started to shake continuously.

"Tighter! That's not what I want to see! I want tremors!"

The student didn't stop clenching and focused on putting more of his strength in his arm. His arm got hard as the muscles tensed and the shaking was stronger than before. Because of that, he shouted as he still kept on clenching his hand, "Graaaahhhh!!!"

"Good! Now, contain all of those inside your arm!"

"Aaaaaaahhhh!!!"

Then suddenly a short explosion of wind came around him, causing aurora lights to slowly appear around him and immediately disappear for a couple of seconds. Thus, Austra appeared inside his right arm. He was breathing heavily as he was looking at his arm. It was not shaking anymore, but he felt his clenched fist was to his strongest. It was completely calm and steady, and he felt amazing power in it. Juanosé smiled and congratulated, "Good job, you have unlocked both auras, you're a step forward to becoming a saint."

The student was so happy and celebrated, "Ohhhh, yeeaaaahhh!"

"Go be with the others..."

He removed the Austra and used the gym together with those who learned the auras. The teacher told everyone, "If you're wondering, how was that possible... Okay, next!"

There it is! It's showing!, most of the students thought in surprise.

The teacher continued to pick, "You.", as he pointed at her. 

Raiko walked towards him and since she had observed the first student do it and heard what the teacher said, she folded her right sleeve in prepare and he said, "Show me the hand and clench them to your strongest."

She raised it and clenched it strongly and quickly like a snap, and the result was amazingly horrifying as she immediately unlocked the auras that a strong gust of wind exploded around her. Everyone's hair whipped backward, some were slightly pushed back, some students, using the gym, stopped to see what just happened, and most of them looked in shock as their jaws dropped, including Faeger and Juanosé. She was surrounded by aurora lights and disappeared eventually, and ending with Austra in her right arm.

Juanosé was baffled and shocked from what he experienced, We need to let her pass the entrance exam no matter what!, and told her, "Uh-uhhh, you passed to become a saint. I mean! Not yet, but... Just go with the rest."

"Thank you."

Faeger thought, That was too fast!

She joined the group, and Juanosé continued picking and unlocking the auras of the students. It took a lot of time as some of the students were having a hard time unlocking them, but all of them succeeded well. While the female student was performing, Faeger looked nervous as he was not picked yet and he was the last one remaining, Why am the last one to be picked! This is unfair! My pressure has built up so much that I might mess this up!

When the student was trying hard to clench her hand, Juanosé was sweating and looking weak, and he told the finished students, "It's almost lunchtime, everyone! You may go clean yourself up and have an early lunch."

Most of them responded, "Yes, teacher!", but Raiko said, "Yes, sensei!"

Then the student unlocked the auras and exclaimed, "Yehey!!"

"Good job, you can have your break."

"Thank you, teacher!"

She left and he continued, "Next!"

Faeger ran towards him and Juanosé said, "Alright, show me the dominant arm."

"Yes!"

He showed his right arm, but there was a problem that Juanosé responded, "Fold the sleeve..."

"Ohh, sorry I forgot.", he did what he asked and Juanosé continued, "Now, cle-", but he was interrupted by Faeger, "Clench it! Got it!"

Faeger clenched his fist, but it was not what Juanosé see as clenching as it looked weak, "I said clench your fist!"

"Of course!"

Faeger clenched his hand tight and his arm started shaking.

"..."

"Tighter! Clench your hand stronger!", Juanosé was not satisfied.

"I'm trying...", he whispered as he was weakening. He's really putting everything into his arm, but Juanosé was not content from it. His arm was shaking and the muscles were tensed. From that, Juanosé got grumpy as he was sweating profusely, "That's not even trying! Clench it to your tightest and strongest! Clench! Keep adding it more!"

"Bu... Bu-but I think this is my limit!", he desperately said, but Juanosé exclaimed, "No, it's not and I know that! Now stop making excuses and clench!!"

Faeger tried to clench tighter as his arm was shuddering a lot and he's struggling badly. He was sweating and getting his arm exhausted because of that the shaking started slowing and weakening.

"Keep clenching!", he shouted.

"Graaaaaahhhh!!!"

"CLENCH THAT AS TIGHT AS YOUR BUTTHOLE!"

But Faeger stopped what he was doing and rested as he laid his hands on his knees. His right arm was completely exhausted and that was making his body in fatigue. He took a break and told the teacher, "It didn't work... Haaa... Haa... Haa... That was really the best I could."

"No, it's not! That's what your mind tells you. Our bodies can do more and our mind limits it! Do it again!! I need to replace my bag of dextrose! It has all run out! I need my glucose!", he became grumpy and mad, "Do it now!!"

"Okay!", Faeger got scared from his shout and panicked. He clenched his fist again.

Among all of the other students, he was the one who was taking too long for unlocking the two auras. He was not giving up as he kept on clenching his fist. But Juanosé's grumpiness made him impatient, "Come on! Tighter! How can you unlock if you cannot reach your strongest! Failure to unlock the basic auras will fail you to become a saint immediately!"

Faeger looked shocked from what he heard and then he thought of his black suit in his room. It made him motivated and yelled, "GRAAAHHH!!!"

The tips of his fingers were trying to pierce to the palm of his hand as he kept on clenching his fist. His arm was shaking and it was in its weak state already, but he still continued. Juanosé kept pressuring him and shouting, "It's still the same and weak! Nothing has changed! Add more! More and more! Keep tightening your fist!"

Then Juanosé fell on his knees, and Faeger looked worried as he didn't know what just happened to him and went to his aid, "Hey, are you alright?"

Faeger went near in panic and looked at his pale face, "Should I carry you to the infirmary?!"

Juanosé grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to his face. He said with his weak voice, "Listen here, it looks like you're going to be using the older procedure to unlock the auras. Get a barbell with a pair of bumper plates. Hold the barbell with both hands in front of you while squatting. Keep holding that until your arms stop shaking if the auras haven't unlocked, add more plates until you unlock them."

Juanosé let go and said, "Do it!", while coughing. He walked slowly towards the hallway of the infirmaries.

"But should I help you go to the infirmary?"

He stopped and asked, "What's your name, kid?"

"Faeger."

"Listen, Faeger, students like you, who failed to unlock the auras using the best procedure applied, have failed. All of them! The old procedure is hard and strenuous, causing a lot to fail before, therefore, a huge problem. That's why we found the one and only best solution. If you fail this and try the old one, your chances are now zero to become a saint. I'll go now or I will really die..."

Juanosé coughed a lot of times while walking slowly, leaving Faeger to stand still and feel negative and bad about himself. Faeger looked sad and thought lowly to himself.

What if I was doing wrong?... Or I'm weak... Just weak... Weak...

He raised his right arm and looked at it while shaking involuntarily. He saw redness and marks around his palm from his fingers. He really clenched to his everything.

Has the future decided that I will fail after working hard? Should I quit? It's pointless to go further when in the end, I will just fail... Fail... And fail...

He closed his eyes and breathed slowly. Inside his mind, it was filled with pessimistic words and phrases that were breaking him down to the lowest. His anxiety and depression have conquered his body and mind. Then a quote bolded all of those unnecessary words, "I HAVE FAILED MANY TIMES WHEN I WAS WEAK AND I STILL FAIL WHEN I AM STRONG. FAILURE IS WHAT KEEPS ME GOING AND I WILL STILL KEEP ON GOING TOWARDS SUCCESS."

Faeger clenched his right hand tightly and looked at the barbell with a positive face. He smiled at it and said, "Let's begin."

"..."

Early in the afternoon had passed and inside the classroom, EX-2, everyone was there except for Faeger. He was the only one who was not present and a lot of time had been lost because of his absence. The room was quiet and Rex was pissed as he was showing an angry face. But Astrel was feeling worried about Faeger, so she asked everyone, "Does anybody know why Faeger is late?"

"He's not late, teacher! He's not going to be here!", Rex answered, but a random male student answered, "I haven't seen him in the cafeteria."

"Me neither."

"Is he still with teacher Juanosé?"

"Dunno."

"Maybe he's still in the gym?"

The students were talking about the whereabouts of Faeger and things were getting loud. Astrel panicked that nobody knew where was Faeger now, but she noticed that the last time they saw him was at the gym and asked, "Could someone check Faeger in the gym if he's still there?"

Raiko raised her hand as she listened to Astrel, "I will do it, sensei!"

She stood up and walked down the stairs, while Astrel appreciated her, "Thank you, Raiko."

Then Rex shouted angrily because they were talking about Faeger, "Ay! Keep quiet or I will shove Faeger into your mouth!!"

I'm not sure if he's mad because we're noisy or there is too much Faeger around the room?, all of the students thought the exact same thing.

Raiko walked out the classroom then through the hallways and reached the gym. She entered quietly and there, she saw Faeger, topless, squatting while holding a barbell with a pair of bumper plates. He was sweating a lot and concentrating on what he was doing. He stayed in that exact position for a long time and his arms and body were shaking from fatigue and muscle pains. But he continued and Raiko observed him from what he was doing for a minute or so. Then Faeger gave up shortly as he laid the barbell down. He was breathing heavily and his sweat was flowing down like streams from the mountains. After that short break, he said enthusiastically, "Alright! Again!"

He lifted the barbell and held it in front of him while squatting. That's when Raiko left as she had seen enough and went back to her class. When she arrived in the classroom, things got quiet and Astrel asked worriedly in desperate to know, "Where's Faeger? Is he coming back to class?"

"He still in the gym and he will be absent for today. He's very busy, so I suggest not to disturb him."

"Disturb? No one wants to be with him.", Rex talked badly.

Astrel looked down and said, "Thanks, Raiko, you can go back to your seat. I guess I have to continue our discussion about saints without Faeger..."

When Raiko sat on her place, Astrel continued discussing, "So the last time we stopped..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

When the day turned dark, a lot of the residents inside the building were sleeping as they were tired and needed rest for tomorrow. But Astrel was inside her teacher's room alone. She was sitting on her chair, in front of her desk and she didn't look tired or sleepy at all. She was humming with her own melody while writing on a sheet of bond paper. On the top most part of the paper had the bolded word, "DILEMMA" Then she heard a loud scream of a man that echoed through some places nearby.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

And after that was followed by complete silence. That scared Astrel, "What was that?!", but it seemed she was more worried about it, "It came from the gym!"

She ran out of her room and the day just reached its dawn as the faint sunlight was making the part of the world dim. She continued running and entered the gym. There, she saw Faeger, topless, lying on the floor. In front of his was a barbell with multiple bumper plates. She was in shock, "No! This way to unlock the auras is dangerous!"

She rushed to Faeger, but as she's nearer, she was more shocked than before as she witnessed a crushed bar from the barbell and the estimated weight of the bumper plates. She said in disbelief, "That weighs more than three tons! Faeger! Can you talk?! I need to know you're all right!"

She came to his aid and asked more, "Speak to me, Faeger! Your body is beyond exhaustion!"

"Teacher... I-I did it... I unlocked the auras..."

"Thank goodness! I'll call the nurses!"

Astrel ran to any infirmary as fast as she could and Faeger was left alone in the gym. Now, the sun had risen and another beautiful morning came. The beams of orange sunlight aesthetically lightened the gym slowly and Faeger started weeping in joy. 

"I... I can still become... A saint..."

0