Chapter 42
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many survivors had figured out how to cope with these white mists which were starting to become obstacles to their visions.

They found out light would easily take care of these mists. However, there was no electricity in their town. So, they could only use flashlights, lamps or they simply created bonfire to get rid of white mists. Some people got diesel generator in their houses. Nevertheless, many people decided to not use it soon because they had limited amount of fuel. But light could not eliminate the gray mists unlike the white mists. Various lights would only expel the gray mists and prevent them from spreading inwards.

Electric lamps were not the best way for them clearly so gathering the firewood became a necessary thing for the survivors.

"It was obviously the day time, but we needed a light source to keep those mists away. Because these mists could kill us. What's wrong with this world", survivors told their stories later.

"Light is not justice but to defeat evil darkness, you always need light." - Agatha Aegis. A man in the blue cloak patiently wrote the sentence in a small log cabin near the lake. The man raised his head to look at the south. It was as if he was looking at something through the wall. The man's face was half covered by the hood and half covered by the shadow. After a while, he sighed and started to write down the things he saw on the next page again.

At that time, a small flower elf flew over and asked, "Father, are you watching at something again?"

The man replied patiently, "I accidentally saw something and wanted to record their story."

Flower elf floated and read the already written page before saying softly, "Aren't they pitiful? Are you not going to help them?"

The man touched the small head of flower elf in front of him and told her, "Father has no fate with them. And I can't give blessings randomly."

Tosta Street, at the eastern part of the town, a strong and big mansion was occupying a large area of land. There were nearly a hundred people gathering together in it. They were all eastern district people who usually practiced shooting together and carried their baby guns with them all the time.

It also helped them in safely passing the most dangerous period of early invasion. After killing the beasts which suddenly appeared, they quickly gathered in a good and big house.

They knew something wasn't right as they couldn't contact with the outside world. So, they started to prepare guns, ammunition, water and foods.

This saved them from a lot of troubles. Because the beasts started to siege their shelter soon after they reinforced the mansion. They became busy defending their shelter. The building they chose was a good building, three-story, built with good resistance bricks and high quality concrete and it also had a nice and large basement.

The building owner was a rich man in the town. And he was also the one who gathered survivors to his house so everyone could have a strong shelter. Of course, he also aimed to have united strength so they could have a higher chance to survive in defending against the strange beasts. After all, his wealthy status was not working when they were in dangerous situations and couldn't contact with the outside world. He even swore to take good care of his hometown in his heart as long as he could survive through this disaster.

0