Chapter 70
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the strange space, a team of thirty people were neatly standing in the newly cleansed front yard battleground. Fifteen were wearing the uniform of SWAT and they were fully equipped. Eight were wearing the uniform with three big characters ‘QRT’ and the rest were just with normal clothes suitable for the action. They were also fully armed and the only equipment they were lacking was thermal vision goggles of SWAT. The two captains said the plan and thirty two people set out on foot orderly.

As soon as they reached to the edge of mists, everyone two at the front opened the strong electric flashlights in their hands and instantly scattered the mists on the way. And each of them had at least one strong electric flashlight on them. They considered a lot and planned well without leaving any loophole.

They first started to look for good cars in the neighborhood. After spending nearly an hour, they finally got seven vehicles in good condition. Three of them were off-road vehicles under Landrover brand, two were family trucks and other two were jeeps. They also took fuel in several plastic tanks and they also made nearly a hundred molotovs. Although these things might not be as damaging as the box of C4 which Peter brought, they were more useful than C4 in some cases.

Chester and Peter sat on the truck bed of a family truck together with a middle age man. The man was a survivor who had been living in Cerriro town for several generations. He was holding a small flashlight and talking about their town with detail map Peter brought. Their first stop was the only gun shop of the town. Unfortunately, there was nothing left in the store. It seemed that store owner Chris had evacuated everything in the store in a short time. After driving for another two minutes, they saw badly destroyed houses. There was absolutely nothing left.

The team drove around the suburbs and started to clean up the monsters. To their surprise, they hardly found the monsters. The team spent over an hour and they only killed nearly twenty wolves. The result was too surprising. The whole team started to think that the numbers of monsters in the town might be actually lower than they thought. The result was still the same even after they entered the inner neighborhoods of the town. However, they still didn’t dare to go deeper towards the central area of the town.

Finally, they cleansed up all the monsters in the south west neighborhoods after two hours. The team became cheerful and started to move on to the north west neighborhoods. The result was still the same. They spent around two hours and cleaned up nearly forty monsters. The operation was successful but Peter and Chester didn’t satisfy with just that. They wanted to test the monsters in central area. However, they also knew that they alone might not be able to do it. So, they took a rest and started to find good cars again. Not to drive but to make car bombs.

While watching Chester showing how to make the car bomb, Peter took out the radio and communicated with Tina. He told her how they were doing and about their plans. Tina didn’t want him to take the risk but Peter insisted on it. After he turned off the radio, Peter drank a canned coffee and continued to watch out the surroundings with thermal goggles.

And just as they thought, nearly six hundreds monsters were staying around the Church or actually gathering around the four Abyss flowers. They were absorbing the strange mists emitted by those flowers. Several of them were already evolving into similar existence like monster mage who shot fireballs at the group of Peter in Tosta street mansion siege.

0