Chapter 78
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tina didn’t dare to delay. She immediately ran down to the first floor in sweat shirt while calling loudly to let everyone in the house know that there was a situation. When she got to the first floor, everyone had gotten up from their beds. When everyone came down to the first floor while rubbing their eyes or stretching their body, they saw old Brian who was also rubbing his face with water in the fish tank nearby and Tina who was saying something to him on the side.

After washing his face, Brian opened his hand and asked for the radio. Tina pressed the button and handed it over to Brian. The old man took a deep breathe and said, “It’s me, Brian. If you’re in the real trouble, everyone is welcome to retreat to us. Although it might be over crowded, we can take in all. When you come, take them to the back yard. I repeat, take a detour and come from the back yard. We have planted various traps in the front yard and on the street.”

After hearing the reply from Peter that Luke would lead the survivors team to the house, Brian gave back the radio to Tina. He glanced at the other people and said, “Prepare for the worst. Move out all the ammunition and weapons from the basement. After that, basement will be the place for only women and children. Men must fight. Must fight to the end.”

Just when everyone started to get busy, one third of weaker survivors composed of elderly, women and children had already got into the cars. Soon, Luke ran out and talked with the leading group leader. However, his explanation was not enough so they made a radio contact with Chester. The process only took a minute and then the team started to move out from the backyard towards the outside of the city. Then, they would take a detour to the back yard of Julia’s house. A convoy of fifteen cars carried over a hundred people and left just like that. Although it was uncomfortable to take the crowded vehicles, the survivors still chose to bear with it. As the crowd and one third of total vehicles left, the temporary parking ground suddenly became empty. However, it was soon refilled by another batch of various vehicles. Nearly forty survivors were cooperating with drivers and moving the supplies as much as they could. Moreover, they still had to consider about people and not just about goods.

In the mansion, everyone was busy and they were ready to use almost everything they couldn’t take away to fight against the monsters. Surprisingly, they were able to do many things in several minutes. And the two giant monsters became one and the lonely and angry giant monster was already at the gate. The other one’s body was crashing on a house as his entire head went missing. The monsters were feeling very uncomfortable to stay under the moonlight. However, they didn’t choose to refuse the order of their Devil lord. The last one hundred monsters charged towards the mansion again along with the mad giant monster. These low level monsters were simple and desperate guys at the bottom level of Abyss’s food chains. And humans also got no choice, they were also desperate for survival.

For a time, intense gunfight broke out and many low level monsters in the front fell down. But the existence of giant monster broke the superiority of humans. He picked up the cars which were placed as low walls. One hand would hold the vehicle in front of his fragile head as a shield and threw the car in the other hand towards the mansion. The speed was fast and accuracy was also quite high. The worst was that the damage was also too great to bear. Survivors who saw the incoming cars also started to flee madly to a safe place. However, the walls which could not move suffered greatly. The defense line simply collapsed just like that and humanoid monsters and monster wolves started to flood into the opened gap. Although their number was small, melee fight with monsters was never a good option for humans. However, the survivors were already retreating and only several guys were in the building. It was all thanks to Chester’s timely order to retreat when the giant monster reached to the front gate.

0