Party and Meeting
365 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunny was invited to a party by Ricky after he started their PR work for Jessica and Blue Sky. This is a standard arrangement and Sunny had to be present there to do his own networking.

Surprisingly, Sunny had never received party invitations like actors or directors he often read about in papers. Hence, Sunny was more than eager to go.

"Sir, the car is here!" Harris alerted Sunny after their car came up.

"Okay. Let's go," Sunny fixed his hair one last time before he and Harris got inside their ride. This ride is something he personally selected for himself in the new year and is also featured in his movie Need for Speed.

A flaming Red Dodge Viper, two-seaters and a supercar in terms of speed. Sunny chose this for today's party to make a big impression on everybody. In the beginning, he was thinking of taking the BMW but it is simply too boring and where is the fun in that?

"Sir, keys?" Harris greedily asked for the keys but Sunny shook his head.

"Not this time Harris. Where is the security?" Sunny asked after looking around for the bodyguards that are usually around the car.

"They are in the second car in the back," Harris replied.

"Then take a seat with them. I will drive this baby today. Just follow me," Sunny left the visibly sad Harris alone and started his baby. Harris ran behind the second car and they also followed Sunny out of the garage.

As Sunny dreamt, the red viper screamed attention on the roads. Even in LA, not many have gotten their hands on this ride yet and the design of this car attracts everyone.

----------------------------------

(The Hollywood Roosevelt, Hotel)

"Keep the baby safe. Without a scratch!" Sunny after getting out of the car handed the keys to the parking boys (valet service) but made sure to remind the boy about the safety of the car.

Sunny's entry did managed to grab some eyeballs, especially from reporters. Whoever will come in this kind of car and make a loud statement must be a celebrity or someone important in Hollywood. They started taking pictures but before they could close in on Sunny, four bodyguards suddenly jumped from another car that just drove in.

Sunny walked into the hotel with style and Ricky was waiting for him.

"Thankfully, you are not late Sunny," Ricky spoke immediately.

"Why? What's wrong?" Sunny questioned.

"Well, there is nothing wrong. But I was waiting for someone like you or Kenneth or Gary to come. You know this is kind of a big scene and we do lack big names." Ricky spoke in a low voice.

"Got it. Don't worry. Just introduce me to the guys that are too scary for you and I will handle them." Sunny spoke with a light chuckle and walked with Ricky. Harris also joined them shortly.

Sunny picked up a champagne glass mid-way and was trying to figure out the big names Ricky invited today.

The party was good and Sunny did met a lot of people who have a good say in Hollywood, especially in smaller studios. From people like Rob Reiner who actually started Castle Rock and are going to sell it this year to Turner Broadcasting System to key people from Touchstone Pictures (Disney) and TriStar Pictures (Sony).

A lot of big names were here and it felt like true PR party before Oscars. Sunny was still holding his first glass of champagne and had a chat with few of these people as Ricky guided him.

"Let me take a break. We don't have a lot of common topics with these guys. We are an independent studio and most of these guys are either with the big six or will soon join the big six," Sunny spoke to Ricky before handing his glass to Harris and walking inside men's toilet.

After taking a leak, he found his interest was hardly there in the party. His age and his position somehow became a barrier with the older guys. Harris quickly came with the glass and Sunny picked it up.

"Go out there and listen to the noise. Is there anything interesting or even some good gossip worth listening to? I will manage alone now," Sunny sent Harris away. The poor bloke was feeling like a waiter and happily agreed.

------------------------------

"Are you sure you know him, Halle?" Halle Berry who came here with her new agent was standing outside when she noticed Sunny. Her agent, one of the new guys in CAA immediately found Sunny's identity and questioned Halle.

"I don't know him, know him. But he is the one who said yes to my casting and I am telling you, he doesn't care about my skin. He liked my acting and there was no red sofa either." Halle Berry whispered.

"I know who he is and let me tell you, he is not someone you can easily offend. So, if you really think you have the charms then go for it. Otherwise, I am telling you focus on guys like Spike Lee. They will favour black actresses and find few suitable roles for you." The agent said.

Halle knew her agent was right but she was not ready to sleep with Spike Lee for roles. She got her first role in Need For Speed and even though her role is small, it is still a six movie contract.

Halle smiled to her agent and then whispered "Wish me Luck!"

Sunny already noticed Halle Berry coming towards him. This girl was completely different from the one who came for the audition. Today Halle came ready for party and it was evident from the first look.

"Hello Halle. How are you here? Why are you not on the set?" Sunny questioned Halle after giving her a slight hug.

"Well, Hello Mr. Sunny. My role is quite small and most of the team scenes are already done. Now, they have racing scenes and it's mostly boys who get to play." Halle complained a little with a smile.

"Well, your roles will become bigger by the next installment. The first is the foundation of the entire series but the next parts won't be focused only on one or two actors but it will be an overall team setting." Sunny replied to her.

"Oh my God! Seriously! Thank you so much." Halle had her face instantly brightened up.

"Well call me Sunny. You here with friends or someone," Sunny questioned.

"Naah. Just my agent but she has other people to manage too," Halle replied.

"Oh Great. Finally an agent. Anyway, I am going back. Wanna join me or do you have some other arrangements?" Sunny asked openly.

"No arrangements. I am also getting quite bored here," Halle instantly replied and took Sunny's hand that he had just offered.

Sunny smiled and then he bid goodbye to Ricky and others who have come and left the venue. Even though the party was not as per his expectation, he did made some good contacts. And now, Halle Berry was with him at the end of night.

"Please!" Sunny opened the doors for Halle before taking his seat and leaving the hotel in a dust.

4