Cold Academy
339 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunny and the cast of Blue Sky received invitations for the Oscar ceremony to be held on March 29, 1993, at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles. Sunny wore the suit Halle got him from some famous brand that he simply didn't care about.

Sunny had been working in Rover Net for the last couple of months and the college and free-spirited culture there had also made him embrace shorts and loose t-shirts. They were far more comfortable than the three-piece suit he was wearing.

"Don't you think this is too tight?" Sunny complained while fixing his tie for the Nth time.

"Stop doing that! You look perfect. Besides, you can't wear shorts on Oscars looking like a total fool." Halle shouted back while her assistant was fixing her dress to make the last-minute change in the limo they hired today.

"Fine...Fine... But the minute we are done here today, we are going back. I am not going to take you to that boring party after the Oscars. We will invite the whole team back to the hotel for our own small celebration." Sunny spoke while looking impatiently at his watch.

It had been some time and they were still in line, waiting for their limo to move ahead and reach the venue. At the Oscars, the guest lists and timings of the car are decided by the committee to highlight the heavyweight actors and the directors and their roles in Hollywood.

After spending a tiring and uncomfortable 40 minutes in the limo during which Sunny himself opened a beer car and started drinking, the driver notified them.

"Sir, we are here!"

"Great. Let's get done with this." Sunny happily put the beer down and fixed his suit 'again'. He took out a Ray-Ban sunglasses and put them on to prevent sudden blindness due to multiple camera flashes.

As expected, even though photographers and journalists had no idea about Sunny, they still bombarded Sunny with multiple camera clicks and Sunny with a charming smile, offered his hand to Halle.

When Halle Berry came out of the limo, the cameramen finally found someone they recognize, and their enthusiasm peaked for a moment.

Sunny helped Halle and blocked some rogue photographers and journalists who were coming too close for comfort and walked inside the Pavilion without stopping for any interview or photoshoot. Halle was quite angry at his escaping behaviour and simply pinched him tightly in his arms to halt his steps.

"Fuck!" Sunny cursed in a mosquito voice and looked at Halle and understood the woman's mood.

He cooperated with Halle for some time to get her pictures clicked but Sunny felt the enthusiasm of all these paparazzi had no more interest in Halle. No matter how beautiful she looked in the special dress she wore for tonight, a black actress didn't have much appeal in Hollywood.

"Let's go. I promise, in five years, they will be chasing you all over the USA and the world. Come."

Sunny whispered a few words into Halle's ear who didn't take his boasting seriously. Halle knew her own status and the status of black actors in Hollywood and women in general.

When the couple walked inside the huge Pavilion, they were immediately greeted by several other small B and C-level Studio owners who also hitchhiked their way into the Oscar night.

After a polite conversation with a few of them, Sunny and Halle joined the crew of Blue Sky.

"Hello, Kenny!" Sunny found his old buddy sitting here with Jessica Lange and the way he was sitting with her; Sunny knew Jessica is going to be in bed with this old fox tonight. Men know men and Jessica is an old but fine wine which is somehow perfect for Kenneth.

"Welcome, Mr. Internet too busy to call. I thought you will skip the Oscars and will focus on that website you are making." Kenneth complained in his own way.

This was no surprise. Sunny had been managing and inventing the first advertising platform on the internet and he has to personally guide most of the designers that they poached from Adobe.

Besides, Adobe is threatening them with a bunch of unfair practices, contract compensation etc. lawsuits and he is in contact with the Photoshop founders, Thomas, and John Knoll to buy the Photoshop brand and the entire software.

Sunny was initially skeptical when the engineers told him that even though they were coding Photoshop to make it available for windows, Photoshop is not part of Adobe. Sunny then used their contacts to get in touch with the real creators of Photoshop, the Knoll brothers and made a big offer of 5 million dollars for all the rights of this software.

However, with the possibility of porting Photoshop to windows and reaching a wider audience, the brothers asked for 40 million dollars and Sunny is trying to lower the prices. Once a base price is reached, Sunny will not hesitate in buying Photoshop even if it costs 35+ million.

This software will later be sold to all designers and photo editors in the world and its real value after continuous development is in the billions.

This is what pushed Adobe to threaten Sunny with lawsuits and Sunny had sent those things to the legal team. As long as he gets Photoshop, his own advertising platform can develop rapidly and in future, he can also follow the adobe path and create his own software company focused on visual effects.

As a visual effects designer in his last life, the biggest achievement in this life will be the one who owns the most stake in this industry and not Adobe.

"Well, there were some complications. You know! Hello Ms. Jessica. You look lovely tonight." Sunny politely shook hands with Kenny and gave a small compliment to Jessica Lange before taking his seat at the table.

Halle sat closer to Jessica to get more attention tonight and Jessica also welcomed Halle with a big hug. For actresses, Hollywood doesn't have much to offer, and the competition is fierce, but Jessica is way past the age of competition.

Sunny and Matthew discussed the development of the latest projects and the release date of their Need for Speed movie. The movie is in the final editing phase, and they need to book a date and get sufficient theatres before the release.

"Word on the block is, Steven Spielberg is ready with his new movie on dinosaurs. They are calling it Jurassic something. It's supposed to be the next step in terms of visual effects and film history." Kenny whispered.

Sunny immediately knew what Kenneth was speaking about. Jurassic Park. The big box office killer directed by Steven Spielberg is going to be the highest-grossing film for this year.

"Noted. We need to push the date of our release either before or after his movie. I don't want any competition with him!" Sunny said in a rare serious tone.

7