Chapter 3: My Wife is a Killer
1.1k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3:

My Wife is a Killer

"Mr. Williams?" The lady with a tight bun, and even tighter suit called out to me.

"H-Huh?" I asked, shaking myself out of my thoughts.

Cecelia had given me an address to meet her at for our next meeting, but I was sure I had the wrong building. It was so clean and pristine. White marbled walls and polished floors. A sitting area with seats that weren't worn out. No trash anywhere, and the air felt so clear.

It was amazing for my asthma. I felt like I could breathe here. Yet, anxiety was a killer and the moment I saw where I was walking my breathing tanked. The looks I received from those outside didn't help.

Everyone was in business attire or some kind of fashion designer clothing. Then, you had me. Someone who didn't like the feel of jeans. Wearing sweatpants and a shirt too big for me. Shoes I've had for over a year now, worn down, but still holding together.

"Mr. Williams, right?" The lady repeated, a smile now spreading across her face.

It was uncanny, and a bit creepy in the way she responded. Why was she addressing me like this?

"Y-Yes?" I forced the words out of my mouth, "You...know me?"

"Oh, of course we do," She said through her smile, "We all know who you are, Mr. Williams."

Something about her words were uncanny. It gave me extreme flight responses, but my anxiety held me in place. Running out of here now would only raise suspicions. I was not where I was supposed to be. Someone of my status and wealth only marred this kind of building.

"You do?" I could barely get the words out, being barely above a whisper.

"Of course!" She motioned over to her side, as if she wanted me to follow her, "Ms. Cecelia informed us of your arrival. Please, right this way."

That was the day I found out just who Cecelia was. As the elevator kept going, and going, and going my fear of heights kicked in. We were almost a hundred floors up now. As the doors opened, it revealed a large penthouse suite.

Standing there in a stunning dress that revealed the skin of her left side and midriff was Cecelia. The owner, CEO, and head of the Ishikawa-Alden Corp. The biggest Megacorporation in the world. Not even a day later, I was married and moved to New York City.

-----

"Are you relaxed now?" She mumbled to me, stroking my hair, "I promise you...I'll explain it all."

I breathed heavily, leaning against her. I was definitely more relaxed now. The shaking stopped, and my mind was calmer. Despite all odds, I was married to Cecelia Meredith Ishikawa-Alden. There was, of course, still a dead body in the other room.

My past left me with scars, and one of them was the fear of being cheated on. I always thought it was too good to be true that this woman took an interest in me. We barely knew each other for a week before I was married to her.

She had such a strong force of personality, and I was rather weak willed. I couldn't say no. Like I was swept away by a great storm, and somehow landed on a gilded throne. It still felt like a dream to me. Now, we've been married a couple months and it still feels surreal.

I knew immediately that she was the obsession of many. Men and women alike. The women didn't bother me as much as the men. Perhaps that's why I forgave some of my exes, because they cheated on me with women and it didn't hurt as much.

Still, the fear of it was immense. I was no stranger to being bullied or having bad things said about me. You grow up asthmatic, autistic, and with social anxiety you tend to get bullied. A lot. Yet, I defended myself the best I could, but after a while I just lost the drive. I became what I was to this day. Weak, slightly overweight, and super self-conscious about myself. No self-confidence.

Their words never hurt me, I've heard worse. However, the flirting. It was incredibly blatant whenever I visited Cecelia at work. She never reprimanded them, and was often polite and brushed it off. I wondered why she never stopped it. That planted the seed in my heart.

If she truly wasn't like the rest, why didn't she say anything? That seed sprouted and grew when I was told that man who had been flirting with her was seen coming to my home. The home I was supposed to share with her. One of many, anyways. It tore and ate away at my heart.

I tried to ignore it. It could just be a business meeting. She's had those, I was there for them. One on one talks about the stocks, movements of the company, and plans going forward. Yet, I couldn't shake it. Though I had planned to visit my family finally, I turned around and returned.

My mind raced of all the possible things going on.

"Of course, she would like someone like him better."

"What do you bring to the table? Nothing. She needs something more."

"You were fooling yourself."

"Right now, in the same bed you slept in with her..."

"She was faking it all this time..."

"She is toying with you. Like everyone else."

They wouldn't stop. One after another they dug at me. It all made sense to me, but as I opened that door and saw the sight before me. I knew. For some reason, she really did love me.

All those who spoke badly about me were fired. At least, that's what I was told. There weren't many of them, there were still kind people in the world, but for those who did were silenced. Permanently.

The man tonight was one of them. She never rebuked him because that was easy. No, she wanted to toy with him. Make him think he was getting somewhere, and then destroy him. For the sheer fact of his audacity. Flirting so blatantly in front of me, and thinking he could make her cheat on me.

Tonight, I learned that my wife was a killer, and that I might just love her.

-----

28