Chapter 52: Interrogation
336 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 52:

Interrogation

Derek's face was less than pleased, but there was a smugness to it. A chair had been pulled up for me to sit in as I faced him down. The other two men were slumped in next to him. Their hands and feet bound by maglock cuffs. Heavy duty and encompassing their hands and feet entirely.

"So...quite the setup," I stated, looking around the place; I felt my skin crawl at the state everything was in, "I'm going to ask you some questions, and you're going to answer."

I could feel the rage burning inside me. Rumbling beneath the surface, Cecelia's hand on my shoulder was the only thing keeping me in check. I had to be calm about this or I'd get no answers.

"Are they able to speak?" I asked, not looking at Cecelia.

"Yes," She responded calmly.

"Then...cat got your tongue?" I asked Derek, my eyes never leaving him.

"Go to hell," He sneered, attempting to spit at me.

Before he got the chance, Sadia reacted as the back of her hand hit him across the face.

"Behave," She threatened, her eyes glancing towards me, "Answer him."

"Fuck you," His words angry as blood trickled down his chin, "I ain't telling you nothing."

"...Derek," I sighed, my words calm yet laced steel, "I don't think you understand your position. What you did..."

My jaw clenched as I recalled the state I saw my sister in. Memories of him over Alana. The feeling of my fist to his face made my hand ache. All I needed was an excuse, and he gave it to me. With my words, he smiled a cruel smile. One of taunting, one that showed no remorse in his actions.

"Ah, Dolores. She was a fun play-" He taunted me, not choosing his words carefully.

I felt nothing as my fist landed into his face. My body had moved on its own as the anger drove me. I felt all my muscles tense as my entire weight went behind my fist. It connected satisfyingly, the aching in my fist subsiding slightly.

His smug face turned to one of pain, and then fear as I clenched my fist before him. Blood soaking into the bandages on my hand.

"Keep my sisters name...out of your mouth," I spoke through clenched teeth, glaring at him; Motioning to his face, I asked a simple question, "Is that feeling familiar?"

I saw the change in his face and knew he remembered.

"I should have killed you back then," I stated, Cecelia taking my hand as she examined it, "You should have stayed gone...now, killing you is too easy."

"W-What do you-" The Green-Eye man began to ask, whimpering slightly before Cecelia backhanded him.

"My husband is talking," Shooting daggers at him, she went back to examining my hand, "Are you alright, dear? Your hand..."

"I'm fine, love," Smiling gratefully, I took my hand back from her.

Sitting back down, Sadia adjusted Derek before me. She had a curious look on her face. One of confusion and surprise.

"Everything alright?" I asked her, adjusting myself slightly.

"Yeah..." She answered, but I could hear something more; Sighing, she gave in as we exchanged a look, "I'm just surprised to see you move like that. I mean no offense, but..."

"Heh, yeah, I hear you," It was the first time I laughed since I arrived, and it was genuine, "I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be, but this man...just brings something out in me."

She nodded in understanding, a slight smirk to her lips as she took up guard. "For some reason...I'm glad she's here." Turning my attention back towards Derek. He seemed to be judging the situation better now. His eyes scanning the room.

"...What do you want to know?" He asked quietly, blood running from his nose.

"That's more like it," Leaning back, I crossed one leg over the other, "First...you're going to tell me about the drugs you used."

There were several times Cecelia stepped in to put the men in their place. She refused to let me hurt myself again. Sadia was in charge of rebandaging my hand. The skin had broken open again when I punched Derek, but it was worth it. "Am I really that fragile?" I sighed to myself, annoyed that my skin broke so easily, "Or perhaps it was just that strong a punch...yeah, let's go with that."

Consoling myself, I heard from Derek and the two men about the drugs they used. How he was trying to lay low but met up with Dolores. She had been out shopping when they saw each other. She was furious to see him again, after what he pulled. He tried to play it off that he wanted to truly apologize and make things right, but the more he saw her doing better than him the angrier he became.

He told me that he felt it unfair. How was she doing well when he had to get surgery and live a life of shame? He spiked her drink and kidnapped her. He held her for weeks. Passing her around. Making sure she stayed drugged, and when he finally got bored...just left her. Dumped her somewhere.

"All of this...because he felt resentment? Is that really his excuse?" There was nothing to excuse him. If he wanted to turn over a new leaf, then he would have. As much as I blamed myself, he had his choices. He made them, and he would pay for them.

As much as I wanted to hit him, it was Cecelia who stepped forward. Her methods were more...persuasive. The other two men were terrified, answering my questions without hesitation. Even as Derek begged for them to not say anymore. After all, anytime they said something I didn't like, I'd tell her to hit him again.

I watched on with an upset stomach, but held it down as it needed to be done. Sadia watched on with concern, but understanding. She was definitely disconcerted, but after hearing what they did, even she held no remorse for them. She even threatened them with a blade whenever they grew too stubborn.

By the end, Derek's face was once again a bloody mess. Standing, my hand on Cecelia's shoulder, I pulled her away from him. He was half-conscious as I stood before him.

"You really should have stayed away," My words cold, I felt my anger grow cold, "You'll give us the names of everyone. All those involved."

Lifting him by the collar of his shirt, bloodied as it was, I took in his sorry state. Cecelia had held back, for we didn't want to kill him. Even so, his face was bloodied, broken. I could feel the emptiness wash over me. The moment that anger is just not worth it.

"...Pathetic," I whispered, shaking my head, "All this...because you were resentful. You should have become better. Now...well, the first one was for my sister, this is for Alana."

With all the strength I could muster, I brought my fist down into his face once more. The squelching as my fist hit him was sickening, but oddly satisfying as he groaned in pain. The only sound he could really make. His garbled words spilling out blood.

Letting him drop to the floor, the agents moved in. Taking them into custody as we left this vermin invested building behind. Sadia came with us as she once more rebandaged my hand, something I apologized for with a sheepish smile. She simply dismissed it, unconcerned with having to redo her work.

-----

Derek is going to need several surgeries to fix his face now...not that he'll get them. Alex took his anger out on him through Cecelia, who was more than happy to be the arbiter of his wrath. The moment that anger subsides, and you just feel empty, that's where Alex is at right now, but he is not forgiving.

7