Chapter 55: Home Sweet Home
378 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 55:

Home Sweet Home

"Uncle!" Alana's voice brought a twang to my heart.

As she heard me arrive, she came running from the other room, hugging me tightly. The worry and relief in her voice was enough to nearly bring me to tears. However, for her, they were already forming in her eyes.

"I'm glad you're back," She smiled up at me, her eyes glossy as she held me tightly, "I'm really glad you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm okay," I responded quietly, placing a hand upon her head, "You look well. Have Yuriko and Julius been treating you well?"

"Mhm," She nodded, burying her head in my chest, "We were just in the middle of something, actually."

Looking around, I felt a sense of foreboding, and immediately knew why. With a hand on the edge of the doorway, Julius peaked around it. I had to stifle a laugh at what I saw. "How did they manage that?"

Julius was dressed in a dress that fell off his shoulders. It was worn over his uniform as it clung to him. It's dark green hues fit surprisingly well with his dark hair and amber eyes. His face was completely done up with blush, lipstick, and even eyeliner. That, however, was a bit messier than the dress. For what there was of his hair, a green bow was tied in it.

"J-Julius," I greeted, having a hard time holding my laughter, "What...uhm, what happened?"

"...Don't ask," He glowered, his eyes pleading for help.

"We played dress up!" Yuriko exclaimed, coming around the corner behind him, "He was practice for Alana! She never dressed up before, so we had Julius as our canvas for practice!"

"I-I see..." My heart went out to Julius, but I was happy to see them all getting along at least, "Well, did you have fun?"

Looking down at Alana, she nodded, wiping away the tears before they even formed. Sadia and Cecelia stood nearby, watching on. Sadia held a hand over her mouth as she saw Julius, mortified yet amused. Cecelia, however, didn't hold back at all.

"It suits you, Julius," She smirked, walking over to her brother, "You should wear them more often. You look good."

A hand on his shoulder, he seemed to recoil from her touch. Her teasing words causing him to glare at her. He simply felt defeated in the moment, but just as quickly he stood pridefully.

"Damn right I do," He said confidently, turning on his heels, which I now noticed he also wore, and strutted away.

As he did, Cecelia couldn't contain her laughter anymore, but I could swear I saw a slight smile from Julius before he disappeared. "He loves them, I think. If he can bring them laughter and smiles, he'd gladly go outside his comfort zone...." My admiration for the tsundere brother increased. The ice around him melting, and all it took was Alana moving in with us.

"Uncle..." Alana's tiny voice drew my attention back to her, "You're...staying now, aren't you?"

Her words were almost pleading, my heart pierced by her words.

"Yeah, Alana," I nodded, wrapping my arms tighter around her, "I'm home now."

"Welcome home!" She beamed brightly, giggling slightly.

Yuriko looked on with that ever-serene smile, but it felt warmer suddenly. Cecelia especially had a rather warm, tender expression as she stood nearby.

"...Alex," Sadia's voice turned my attention to her, "Is this Alana?"

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling tenderly as I looked back at Alana, "This is my niece, Alana."

Alana seemed to press herself closer to me, if that was even possible. As if she was trying to hide, as she glanced cautiously towards Sadia.

"Uncle...who is this?" She sounded suspicious, which was quite cute.

"Alana, this is Sadia," I introduced them, motioning towards her, "She is someone who helped me before, and also helped me...well, helped us find those responsible."

Alana peaked up at me, her eyes scanning my face. "Is she suspicious or...?" I wondered what she was looking for, staring so intently at my face.

"...What is she doing here?" Alana was being overly cautious suddenly, unsure about this situation.

Alana had never been good with new people, but had taken a quick liking to Yuriko. It helped that someone she was familiar with was around. However, she seemed to be even more cautious than normal.

"Is everything alright, Alana?" I asked, confused as to her reaction.

"Yeah..." Alana seemed to think for a moment, "I guess Uncle just brings home beautiful women now?"

Blushing immensely, I felt suddenly embarrassed at her blatant accusation. Sadia seemed quite surprised as well, but not nearly as embarrassed.

"Alana, dear," Cecelia spoke up, "Anyone he brings home is properly vetted. I wouldn't let just anyone near my Alex. I understand the sentiment."

Alana looked towards Cecelia, judging her with her gaze.

"He's been hurt, a lot," Alana told Cecelia, to which she nodded, "And you...love him?"

"More than anything," Cecelia nodded, a deadly glint in her eyes, "If anyone were to harm him, then-"

"Cecelia!" I cut her off, not wanting Alana to hear more.

"It's alright, Uncle," Alana reassured, and I was worried that she understood, "I'm...happy for you. Cecelia, please...take care of my uncle."

"Oh, I will," She stated, no hesitation, "You care for him a lot, don't you?"

It was the first time I saw Alana blush, but she nodded.

"He's always been there for me," She muttered, shifting around as she squeezed me tighter, "I want him to be happy. I don't want to lose him."

I felt touched hearing her words, and even more as Cecelia walked over to her. She placed a hand upon Alana's head, and she didn't flinch away. Instead, she seemed to exchange a knowing look with Alana.

"I am of the same mind," Cecelia smiled, the kind that makes you weak in the knees as she looked towards me, "My dear, shall we introduce Sadia to her?"

"Y-Yeah," I had to compose myself as my heart was beating a million miles an hour from seeing Cecelia's smile, "Alana...Sadia is going to be my attendant, apparently. A personal guard, and someone to oversee the maids and butlers that deal with me."

Alana took in Sadia once more, measuring her. Sadia gave her a warm smile and knelt before her.

"Hello, Miss Alana," Sadia greeted, "I am Sadia Mishra, and am to see to your uncle's safety and needs. I hope we can get along. I have a daughter around your age, you know."

"...You do?" Alana cautiously stepped away from me and Cecelia, extending a hand out to Sadia, "Please, keep my uncle safe."

Sadia took her hand, holding it gently.

"With my life, Miss Alana," Sadia replied with no hesitation, and such severity that my heart skipped several beats.

"Quiet down you..." I berated myself, wrapping an arm around Cecelia. Yuriko happily bounded over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Welcome home!" She exclaimed joyously, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I felt warm inside as I kissed her softly upon the forehead, "Home sweet home."

-----

Alex's heart skipped a beat because he was touched at how sincere Sadia was in her promise to Alana. To think that someone would be so devoted is one of Alex's many weaknesses.

Alana is very protective of her Uncle because she knows his past as well, and cares for his wellbeing because he's always been there for her. There is no incest going to happen. Not in this story, anyways. Unless you count Yuriko and Cecelia sharing Alex as incest.

So, seeing Sadia, she was very cautious of her intentions and just who she was, much like Cecelia is. Truth be told...

Spoiler

She may be a bit of a yandere herself, but in a different way

[collapse]

With this said, you're all caught up with the story save for one chapter. I like releasing them in groups, but if you wish, I can release on a chapter-by-chapter basis rather than cache dumping. Vote in the poll!

Should I release on a chapter-by-chapter basis or cache dump several chapters at a time?
  • Cache Dump (Pros: More Chapters at once. Cons: Slower updates) Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Chapter-by-Chapter (Pros: Faster updates. Cons: One/Two chapters at a time/possible lower quality) Votes: 6 35.3%
Total voters: 17
8