Chapter 68: Shopping Day
284 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 68:

Shopping Day

Alana was excited to head out finally. Cecelia was more than happy to oblige, and with Yuriko always ready to do anything that involved us, we were all set to head out. Even Rosa seemed excited.

Cecelia looked stunning as usual, wearing a beige blouse that dipped slightly to reveal some skin. Around her neck she wore a beautiful silver necklace, and my thoughts went to the gifts I never got to give her, Yuriko, or Julius. "I'll have to do that soon...but Julius is at college now."

Sighing to myself, I resigned myself to figure it out later. It wasn't like I'd never see him again, and with how my life was now I could go wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It was so liberating having this amount of freedom.

Besides the blouse, Cecelia wore jeans that formed well to her legs and a pair of casual loafers. Despite how simple her outfit was, the one wearing it made it seem luxurious. Yuriko wore the same sporty look, which really fit her well. Oversized windbreaker and everything.

Sadia wore different clothing than she usually wore. Instead of her black turtlenecks, she now wore a more pristine uniform that was more of a suit than anything. A long-sleeved white button up. A black tie with a golden tie clip wrapped around her neck and tucked neatly into a black vest, accentuated with gold buttons.

The colors of the Ishikawa-Alden Corp were Black and Gold, but dark greys were also in the uniforms of most who worked for the corporation. However, she worked for the Ishikawa-Alden Family directly, not the corporations. So, her outfit was held to a bit of a higher standard.

Over this was a dark jacket, complete with dark dress pants and shoes. All of which was accentuated with golden cuffs, buckles, and buttons. From what I heard, there were lighter colored versions as well. Though no symbol of the Ishikawa-Alden Family shown, there was a pocket watched engraved with the symbol tucked into one of the vests pocket. That symbol was of Three Cherry Blossoms in a triangular pattern.

The symbol was not to be flaunted. Even Cecelia and her siblings didn't wear the family crest. It was a symbol meant to be used only if necessary, and to show who they served. The watch was a gift for being hired, as well as part of the uniform. With her hair tied back in a tight bun, it all came together quite well on her.

Rosa wore clothes fit for her age, casual and nothing too fancy. Jeans and a simple black t-shirt. She wore sneakers and had her hair done up in a nice braid. Alana wasn't so fortunate. Though her hair was done up by Yuriko in a beautiful waterfall braid, she wore oversized clothing that Yuriko borrowed her.

Thankfully, that's what we were about to change. Meanwhile, I wore sweatpants as normal, but with a half-button up loose shirt. I was becoming a bit more comfortable wearing other things, and I wanted to look at least somewhat respectable for Cecelia, though I knew she didn't care. She loved me regardless.

-----

The mall was busy as we made our way through it. In one of the higher floors, many people in fashion clothing walked about. Though they glanced at us, their looks were quickly averted as they saw Sadia who kept them at bay with her own look.

Yuriko skipped along, hands clasped behind her back happily. Alana and Rosa walked ahead of us, looking around at everything. Both of them had stars in their eyes. Walking hand in hand with Cecelia, I felt relaxed.

"Hey, Sadia," I whispered so Rosa didn't hear, "What do you think about getting Rosa something?"

"...I don't know," She answered, "I don't know if I can afford-"

"Sadia," Cecelia interrupted, "My husband didn't ask if you could afford it. He asked if Rosa could get anything."

Exchanging a glance between the both of them, Cecelia had on a soft smile while Sadia seemed confused. It took a moment before Sadia realized by intention.

"Oh!" She exclaimed quietly, "I-"

"Before you say anything," I interrupted quietly, "I know the feeling...you're not imposing, and I would like to do that. I mean...look at her."

Motion towards Alana and Rosa, stars in their eyes, they couldn't help but be fascinated by everything.

"They're teens in a mall," I told her, smiling fondly at the both of them, "They should be allowed to get whatever they want. That's what I think."

"As my husband wishes it," Cecelia agreed, squeezing my hand affectionately.

"...Thank you," Sadia responded, shifting slightly as we walked, "I don't know how I can repay you..."

"Don't worry about that," Dismissing it with a wave of my hand, "The only repayment I need is to see their smiling faces."

All of us looked towards the two of them then, finally talking as Rosa pointed out a place of interest. The light in Alana's eyes as she saw what Rosa pointed to warmed my heart. "Yes...that's the only thing I need. For that, I'd do anything."

-----

4